365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Would You Like to Buy A Marathon? For less than $20 M, it's yours!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Would You Like to Buy A Marathon? For less than $20 M, it's yours!

Post  mountandog on Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:02 pm

I'll send him a check!!
avatar
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1392
Points : 5512
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 60
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would You Like to Buy A Marathon? For less than $20 M, it's yours!

Post  Schuey on Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:23 pm

Not really it's a bad investment, kinda like buying a car. Plus like a bull market, I'm willing to bet that you will start to see a bear market in the running world soon. There is a reason why they are selling.
avatar
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2160
Points : 5401
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 46
Location : So Many Roads To Ease My Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would You Like to Buy A Marathon? For less than $20 M, it's yours!

Post  Mark B on Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:18 pm

They also need to get a better date - and route.
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7184
Points : 15463
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 53
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would You Like to Buy A Marathon? For less than $20 M, it's yours!

Post  mul21 on Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:07 pm

Schuey wrote:Not really it's a bad investment, kinda like buying a car. Plus like a bull market, I'm willing to bet that you will start to see a bear market in the running world soon. There is a reason why they are selling.

Schuey, I'm not sure how much you know about McCourt, but he's selling because he's run the Dodgers into the ground, is in the midst of a divorce settlement, has been terrible at managing his money, and is desperate for cash. Not to say you're wrong about the direction of the marathon, but I think that has a whole lot less to do with this situation than McCourt's own personal finances do.
avatar
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1481
Points : 4572
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 41
Location : St. Louis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

LA

Post  scottk on Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:55 pm

From what I heard, the Stadium to the Sea course that they started last year was pretty good.

And yes, McCourt is trying to cash out to pay off the ex.
avatar
scottk
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 12
Points : 2273
Join date : 2011-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would You Like to Buy A Marathon? For less than $20 M, it's yours!

Post  Kenny B. on Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:06 pm

Someone will buy it on 40 cents on the dollar. Sounds like RNR would be nice!
avatar
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2036
Points : 4750
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 45
Location : Jersey Shore!

View user profile http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Would You Like to Buy A Marathon? For less than $20 M, it's yours!

Post  Jerry on Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:28 pm

Schuey wrote:Not really it's a bad investment, kinda like buying a car. Plus like a bull market, I'm willing to bet that you will start to see a bear market in the running world soon. There is a reason why they are selling.

We are an investment club now? scratch
avatar
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2708
Points : 1004157
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Where I'm Loved

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would You Like to Buy A Marathon? For less than $20 M, it's yours!

Post  Nick Morris on Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:43 pm

mul21 wrote:
Schuey wrote:Not really it's a bad investment, kinda like buying a car. Plus like a bull market, I'm willing to bet that you will start to see a bear market in the running world soon. There is a reason why they are selling.

Schuey, I'm not sure how much you know about McCourt, but he's selling because he's run the Dodgers into the ground, is in the midst of a divorce settlement, has been terrible at managing his money, and is desperate for cash. Not to say you're wrong about the direction of the marathon, but I think that has a whole lot less to do with this situation than McCourt's own personal finances do.

That is true...he is broke...the ex is taking him to the cleaners. I think it is more about trying to gain some liquid assets more than selling high and bailing out.
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11900
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 36
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would You Like to Buy A Marathon? For less than $20 M, it's yours!

Post  mountandog on Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:02 pm

Jerry wrote:
Schuey wrote:Not really it's a bad investment, kinda like buying a car. Plus like a bull market, I'm willing to bet that you will start to see a bear market in the running world soon. There is a reason why they are selling.

We are an investment club now? scratch



Investment club - I like that idea. Let's say we get it for 40cents on the dollar x $20M = $8M. Now we're talkin'. There's about 200 of us on this board so $8M/200 people comes out to $40,000 a person. Peanuts.

Jerry, you can be the RD!!
avatar
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1392
Points : 5512
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 60
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would You Like to Buy A Marathon? For less than $20 M, it's yours!

Post  Jerry on Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:44 pm

mountandog wrote:
Jerry wrote:
Schuey wrote:Not really it's a bad investment, kinda like buying a car. Plus like a bull market, I'm willing to bet that you will start to see a bear market in the running world soon. There is a reason why they are selling.

We are an investment club now? scratch



Investment club - I like that idea. Let's say we get it for 40cents on the dollar x $20M = $8M. Now we're talkin'. There's about 200 of us on this board so $8M/200 people comes out to $40,000 a person. Peanuts.

Jerry, you can be the RD!!

How do I know it's worth a dollar? What if 30cents? lol!
avatar
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2708
Points : 1004157
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Where I'm Loved

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would You Like to Buy A Marathon? For less than $20 M, it's yours!

Post  mountandog on Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:48 pm

Jerry wrote:
mountandog wrote:
Jerry wrote:
Schuey wrote:Not really it's a bad investment, kinda like buying a car. Plus like a bull market, I'm willing to bet that you will start to see a bear market in the running world soon. There is a reason why they are selling.

We are an investment club now? scratch



Investment club - I like that idea. Let's say we get it for 40cents on the dollar x $20M = $8M. Now we're talkin'. There's about 200 of us on this board so $8M/200 people comes out to $40,000 a person. Peanuts.

Jerry, you can be the RD!!

How do I know it's worth a dollar? What if 30cents? lol!



Just send me $40k and we'll talk.
avatar
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1392
Points : 5512
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 60
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would You Like to Buy A Marathon? For less than $20 M, it's yours!

Post  Jerry on Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:58 pm

mountandog wrote:
Jerry wrote:
mountandog wrote:
Jerry wrote:
Schuey wrote:Not really it's a bad investment, kinda like buying a car. Plus like a bull market, I'm willing to bet that you will start to see a bear market in the running world soon. There is a reason why they are selling.

We are an investment club now? scratch



Investment club - I like that idea. Let's say we get it for 40cents on the dollar x $20M = $8M. Now we're talkin'. There's about 200 of us on this board so $8M/200 people comes out to $40,000 a person. Peanuts.

Jerry, you can be the RD!!

How do I know it's worth a dollar? What if 30cents? lol!



Just send me $40k and we'll talk.

You are saying I send you $40k, later you give me $100k and I make $60k. How about you send me $20k, we are even?
avatar
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2708
Points : 1004157
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Where I'm Loved

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would You Like to Buy A Marathon? For less than $20 M, it's yours!

Post  Dave-O on Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:12 pm

I would never have guessed the LA Marathon was worth 20 millions. Seems way too high.
avatar
Dave-O
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1736
Points : 4427
Join date : 2011-06-14
Age : 35
Location : Chicago

View user profile http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Would You Like to Buy A Marathon? For less than $20 M, it's yours!

Post  Ken Mello on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:19 pm

Nick Morris wrote:

That is true...he is broke...the ex is taking him to the cleaners. I think it is more about trying to gain some liquid assets more than selling high and bailing out.

He's going to sell the Dodgers for somewhere in the neighborhood of $1 Billion, plus other assets he has. His wife has agreed to take $141 million. So I think he'll still be OK. I hear Mark Cuban might buy the team from him.
avatar
Ken Mello
Poster
Poster

Posts : 198
Points : 2521
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 47
Location : Round Rock, TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would You Like to Buy A Marathon? For less than $20 M, it's yours!

Post  Jerry on Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:23 pm

Ken Mello wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

That is true...he is broke...the ex is taking him to the cleaners. I think it is more about trying to gain some liquid assets more than selling high and bailing out.

He's going to sell the Dodgers for somewhere in the neighborhood of $1 Billion, plus other assets he has. His wife has agreed to take $141 million. So I think he'll still be OK. I hear Mark Cuban might buy the team from him.

Heehee, agreed. We normal people worry about super rich too much, which is exactly why we stay normal, they are super rich. lol!
avatar
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2708
Points : 1004157
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Where I'm Loved

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would You Like to Buy A Marathon? For less than $20 M, it's yours!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum