365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Offseason??...What's that??

+10
JohnP
Peg Coover
Chris M
Julie
Dave-O
Dave P
Kenny B.
Michele "1L" Keane
John Kilpatrick
Nick Morris
14 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Offseason??...What's that?? - Page 5 Empty Re: Offseason??...What's that??

Post  Nick Morris Thu May 24, 2012 4:43 pm

Hill repeats (intervals...I am not going to argue which is which) last night were wicked hard!! Not only is this his friggin' steep, but the temps were at 85 degrees, their was no shade, and the wind was whistling straight down the hill at me!!! After every up I was clutching my chest like a 50 year old smoker having a heart attack. Plus, my legs were burning so much that I thought my quads were going to explode!!!

Outside of all of that, it was a great work out!!! Offseason??...What's that?? - Page 5 4044942068
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu May 24, 2012 11:08 pm

More adventurous fun with this evening's run. Today we had a wind advisory and with 32mph winds gusting to 50mph coming straight out of the south, lets just say that things were interesting. Especially considering that my run took me straight south into the belly of the beast. The resistence running that took place for the first half was difficult to say the least. Then, the total opposite took place when I turned around to complete the out and back. I felt like I had a rocket up my ass as the gusts pushed me all the way home. The adventure got even better. With the wind at my back, I got to feel the full affect of the 92 degree weather we had today. I was a sweaty mess by the time I was blown home...

Offseason??...What's that?? - Page 5 63558857
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri May 25, 2012 5:17 pm

So, I am getting to do something tomorrow (weather permitting), that I have wanted to do for a long time now. I am getting the opportunity to go skydiving. I figured that this weekend would be perfect timing, as I will soon be starting my training program and with that, free time becomes more scarce. I am going to a place just west of Racine, WI called Sky Dive Midwest. From what I am told it is a great place to jump, as from 10,000 foot jump height you get a great view of Lake Michigan, the Milwaukee skyline, and the Chicago skyline.

I am SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!

Then Sunday morning, I am going for a long run in Milwaukee along Lake Michigan...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun May 27, 2012 10:03 am

So, after an awesome time skydiving yesterday, I had the luxury of going for a run this morning along Lake Michigan in Milwaukee, WI. I just did an easy 10.25 miles as I have a busy party filled day ahead of me. I ran along the Oak Leaf Trail which follows the lake north and south of Milwaukee. The air was cool, but very damp as the temperatures are expected to sore into the 90s today. The scenary was gorgeous, as well. (see below) I love running, as it gives me the chance to explore so many new places!!!

Offseason??...What's that?? - Page 5 57708410
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu May 31, 2012 9:13 pm

A short 4.25 tonight. I had a great run tonight...As I started out I noticed that my legs had a lot of bounce in them. This is after doing intense hill repeats last night and leg weight training this afternoon. So, as I went along my way I decided to let my legs just go with the pace they felt like running. I knew that I have a day off tomorrow, so I would get to rest them if I wore them out. I finished my run with an average pace of 7:17, with my third mile at 7:02. Needless to say, I felt really good tonight and my legs still felt pretty fresh after the run. This is a great sign that I may have turned a corner in my fitness and at no better time than less than two weeks from the start of my training cycle...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:11 am

Holy shit!!! One more week until I start my training cycle!!! Had a good weekend of running getting in 8.56 on Saturday and 14.33 on Sunday. I think that I have put myself in a good position to really kill this training cycle!!!

Offseason??...What's that?? - Page 5 1078438882
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:27 am

Sounds like you're ready!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:27 am

Finished my final hill repeats before the start of my training last night. I did 5 up and 5 down. Although it was definitely tough, I could see the progression of ease as the weeks of running them went by. Countdown to Monday!!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:59 am

Ten miles yesterday, as I finish up my base running. It was a nice and easy 7:38 pace as I added in a step back week prior to marathon training. I think that I have developed a good base from which to build off of. I feel strong and am ready for the challenging 21 weeks that lie ahead of me. Now, it is time to answer the bell...Ding, Ding!!

With that, I am officially closing this blog thread. Thank you to those that have followed or at least checked in from time to time. Be sure to following my training as I will be starting up a new training thread this afternoon/evening...

Thanks again,

Nick
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum