365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All your base are belong to us

+6
ounce
Mike MacLellan
Peg Coover
healdgator
Mark B
Traveller
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

All your base are belong to us - Page 2 Empty Re: All your base are belong to us

Post  Traveller Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:01 am

That's the line I'm running right now. How fast can I run and how quickly can I add mileage. I was looking to add 5 minutes to my daily sessions each week, but I think I'll opt for a slower ramp of 1 lap/day added each week until that hits the time limits I'm shooting for. At this point, I really only want to increase pace if I don't get into my target range be the end of the run.
Traveller
Traveller

Back to top Go down

All your base are belong to us - Page 2 Empty Re: All your base are belong to us

Post  Mark B Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:39 pm

Good job getting the runs in, Clark.

Have you worn the Minimus before? If not, those lower-leg problems you've been experiencing might have something to do with your body adapting to the minimalist footwear. Make sure to made a gradual transition so as to not freak your body out.

Good job on the heart rate work (well, when you remember to bring the Garmin.. Wink )... don't' be afraid to pick the pace up a little as your heart rate starts to fall at the same pace. Just keep the HR on target, and the speed will come in time.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Traveller Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:44 pm

I've been running in the Minimus for many months, but it is a point I'm keeping an eye on. Part of the reason for the slow build and holding back on the pace. At the moment, I think it is mostly coming off of two months with practically no running. After this week, I should be in a TWTh and SaSu running cadence with MF as the rest days. I'll stay with this (assuming it works) through at least my half in March.
Traveller
Traveller

Back to top Go down

Post  dot520 Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:12 pm

Just popped in here and you have my interest peaked...but where are you?? It's been 3 weeks and I have no idea how your running has been, how far, how fast and if you bring all the appropriate equipment to each run. Very Happy

Update?
dot520
dot520
Top 10 Poster Emeritus
Top 10 Poster Emeritus

Back to top Go down

All your base are belong to us - Page 2 Empty Still here

Post  Traveller Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:28 pm

Thanks for the visit, Dot.

I have a couple sessions that need to be added, but, for various reasons, I haven't run since 7 Jan.

Also, a non-running issue has come up that needed medical attention and I have been advised not to run for a few days. I hope to be able to at least walk vigorously next Tuesday. I still have a race in Moab in March that I would like to do well in.

The plan is the same, just on hold for a few days.

Since I won't be running, I should be able to catch in other areas (like blogging Smile ).
Traveller
Traveller

Back to top Go down

All your base are belong to us - Page 2 Empty Still here redux

Post  Traveller Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:11 am

I just ran 3.75 miles in 58:57. That was basically the plan. Average HR was 138 (69% HRmax) with a max of 152 (76% HRmax).

This was my first run in week and a half. It was also my best run of the year so far. Except for a bit of chafing, this were no issues during or after the run. This was on my treadmill with a 1.5% grade (minimum it will do). Equipment was a tech shirt, New Balance Minimus Trails, shorts, and Suunto t6c HRM.

It is amazing how easy it is to skip a run, and doubly amazing how fast time flies. I am a month out from the Canyonlands Half Marathon. At this point, I expect to finish, but it is not reasonable to expect a PR.

Thanks again to Dot for the nudge.
Traveller
Traveller

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:24 am

He's back!

I hope you're on the mend now. Canyonlands sounds like a great place for a race.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:49 am

And to think someone was going to foreclose on this blog is just whacky.

Gosh, I hate chafing. Especially when you don't know it's there and the pain hits as a result of taking a shower. Shocked

Glad you're back on the horse.

All your base are belong to us - Page 2 1078438882
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Traveller Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:41 am

ounce wrote:Gosh, I hate chafing. Especially when you don't know it's there and the pain hits as a result of taking a shower. Shocked

Too true. In this case, I had a strong suspicion before the shower. Smile
Traveller
Traveller

Back to top Go down

Post  dot520 Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:12 pm

Okay, that's it, I've had it! Both you and Ounce are inspiring me to blog again. Dang.....back to accountability! Oh, the peer pressure is getting to be too great! LOL

I fully agree that skipping a run is waaay too easy (unless you have accountability) and before you know it a week has gone by without running. I really enjoy your listing of mileage and % of HR....It may end up to be quite telling.
dot520
dot520
Top 10 Poster Emeritus
Top 10 Poster Emeritus

Back to top Go down

All your base are belong to us - Page 2 Empty Thursday treadmill session

Post  Traveller Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:11 pm

Today was a repeat of yesterdays plan. Execution was similar as well: 3.75 miles in 58:57 with an average HR of 141(70% HRmax) and peak of 157 (78% HRmax). I figure I was still a touch tired from yesterday which isn't too surprising considering it is as much running as I did in the previous month. I used Body Glide on the hot spots and, while I noticed those locations during the run, I didn't have any issues with chafing today during the run or in the shower.

Standard equipment: Tech shirt, running shorts, NB Minimus Trails, and the Suunto t6c HRM.

Temperature where the treadmill is tends to stay around 62F.
Traveller
Traveller

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:21 pm

dot520 wrote:Okay, that's it, I've had it! Both you and Ounce are inspiring me to blog again. Dang.....back to accountability! Oh, the peer pressure is getting to be too great! LOL

I fully agree that skipping a run is waaay too easy (unless you have accountability) and before you know it a week has gone by without running. I really enjoy your listing of mileage and % of HR....It may end up to be quite telling.

Oh, Dot. I'm just trying to have 1 place for me to go to review what I've done on multiple fronts. I'm not intending to inspire. But there's enough space on the server for you to scribble right along with us.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2