365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kara Sevda

+15
Dave Wolfe
dot520
Neil Ruggiero
Alex Kubacki
mul21
Schuey
jon c
Michele "1L" Keane
Dave-O
JohnP
Julie
Kenny B.
John Kilpatrick
Mark B
Mike MacLellan
19 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

Kara Sevda - Page 13 Empty Re: Kara Sevda

Post  Mike MacLellan Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:13 am

Mark - I can't enjoy full down time. You know this, too. I can, however, enjoy some completely unstructured (okay, at least 1 long run/ride per week) off season and base. And that's what I intend to do. Just full-body wellness.

Kathy - Oof. I don't want to imagine mixing hot flashes into that equation. What a Face Just give me my black russian (Mom's drink of choice when she rarely has one) and Bon Bons.

Michele - Nope. Dad's 60 in a week and Mom's 4 years his junior. And c'mon, really? You look much younger than them.

Ran to the arboretum with Aileen. Pretty ghetto area on the way, but the place itself was gorgeous. Forgot I was in a city for about 10 minutes until I heard a siren. We walked probably a good mile in there, sat on a stone wall and watched the leaves rustle in the wind. I tried to tell her what it sounded like, but of course ruined the cute moment as I heard a car approaching and said, "now it sounds like a car is coming up behind us." Still, it got a laugh when she turned around and saw it. The run back was creakier than the one there, but by the end I was feeling ornery and decided to do a short (3min) interval around 7min pace. Just to toy with her. Oops.

Now, time to find Nemo.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Wolfe Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:25 am

Tough race, one you'll remember for a long time. After a couple of marathons under "normal conditions" you'll realize it wasn't you, or your training -- it was the heat. Train on and congratulations!
Dave Wolfe
Dave Wolfe
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:55 am

Thanks Dave. I think that realization dawned on me from the start of the race, but it was still rough to have no indication of how far I've come. But hey, at least I'm running pain-free. Sometimes I forget that going out for a 3 mile shake-out run just 3 days after a marathon is something that very, very few people in this world can do.

Ran 3 miles with Aileen yesterday. We finally got a leisurely morning; spent maybe 3-4 hours in the school cafeteria just drinking endless cups of coffee and chatting. Of course, this finally happens the day before I leave. Either way, it was nice. We headed from her school down to Union Station (okay, maybe I had too much coffee; needed a nature break) then did a loop around Capitol Hill to teach her some pacing techniques for her half marathon. Finished up at the Metro again and went to Au Bon Pain for brunch.

Last night was the annual RockFest Bash... Basically, all the kids from RIT bus in and try to find someone to let them sleep on their floor and the two schools have a sports competition followed by a huge dance party. Then again, with a school population of 2000, "huge" is a bit different than when I was at UCSD and we had some 22000 people at our annual festivals. Either way, a really neat experience, an excuse to get nostalgic with copious amounts of circus-like make-up, and a good time to learn to use wax earplugs (the bass was literally rattling my sternum).

And now I sit at the airport, looking forward to the summer... Should be a really good one.

I think this blog is going to wind down pretty soon. I'll be starting up a new one shortly, but the purpose of this one was to rediscover my love for the sport, to make a semi-glorious comeback, and to chronicle Boston. All of which I've done. So, thank you all for following along, for the support, and for the words of wisdom.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:22 pm

Mike MacLellan wrote:I'll be starting up a new one shortly, but the purpose of this one was to rediscover my love for the sport, to make a semi-glorious comeback, and to chronicle Boston. All of which I've done. So, thank you all for following along, for the support, and for the words of wisdom.

Smile

And thanks to you for the same!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13