365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Back to the Future

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Back to the Future

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Thu May 17, 2012 5:56 pm

@Tom H wrote:Hey Michele, where in the Cleveland area will you be living? East, West or South (wasn't it South before?)?

Bay Village - so west side. My husband is a westsider (he grew up in Rocky River) and his company is actually based in Westlake (which is where we lived before).

This is a picture of the kitchen when we bought the place with the former owner's furniture, weird window things, and weird light. We added dark granite countertops, a backsplash, changed the light, new darker furniture. However, I included it so you can see that we look out the windows right onto Lake Erie.

Last edited by Michele "1L" Keane on Thu May 17, 2012 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom H on Thu May 17, 2012 6:06 pm

Bay Village, cool! I did my stint in Cleveland from North Ridgeville, so not too far away. It was nice in many ways, but I think I'll stick with my current address in Northern California Very Happy . I like the 'all season' sports ability that exists here.
Tom H
Regular
Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie on Thu May 17, 2012 8:02 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

The new place looks beautiful. I hope the move goes smoothly.
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wheakory on Fri May 18, 2012 11:40 am

Nice kitchen and Granite counters... I bet the view is splendid. I imagine a lot of good areas to run there. At least it's less humid than Atlanta.
wheakory
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Fri May 18, 2012 12:38 pm

kory.wheatley@gmail.com wrote:Nice kitchen and Granite counters... I bet the view is splendid. I imagine a lot of good areas to run there. At least it's less humid than Atlanta.

Not in the summer lol!! Too flat for real good running (for me), but I can go down to the valley (along the Cuyahoga River) and run trails, etc. that add different terrain and some hills. The key is discipline in the winter as you really need to drive to the hills. In the summer, I'm in western NY state most of the time and it is very hilly.
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Tue May 29, 2012 1:51 pm

Well, Graduation is over and my daughter has officially moved on to college and out of high school! I'd say my last 3+ years as a quasi single parent have been worth it - getting her out with a higher grade point than when she went in and getting her into the college of her choice. Guess I'm done for now!

Still fit in 41 miles last week, and I hope to get in around 40 this week, but it will be tougher as the packers come tomorrow morning and the movers on Thursday. We (my daughter and I) are not actually going to leave until next Tuesday morning as she still has some graduation parties and activities to attend. We will be staying with some friends, so I'm not sure if I'll be checking in much (except on my phone) until we get to Ohio sometime next week.

Here is a picture of the happy graduate and her parents:

Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie on Tue May 29, 2012 2:03 pm

Congratulations to your daughter on graduation! I hope she enjoys college and congrats to you for all the hard work you've done with your husband in a different state.
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki on Wed May 30, 2012 7:19 am

Congrats on your daughters graduation. Hopefully she'll like Boston when she goes to school.
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan on Wed May 30, 2012 10:46 am

Congrats to you on doing an amazing job as a Mom and to your daughter for her graduation. Just remember once she takes off that us kids still love to receive care packages! What a Face
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce on Wed May 30, 2012 12:34 pm

Gratz, Michele. Didn't recognize you without a cap AND in a dress. You clean up good.
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Thu May 31, 2012 9:56 am

Well, we are supposed to get some nasty weather coming in tonight which will most likely hinder my long run in the morning, so I though I might get it in today. Might have been the plan, but my body just plain said "no mas". After 7 miles which felt like 50, I just packed it in and went to take a shower. I hate those days when the body just will not cooperate, and this was definitely one of them. I couldn't even run a 9 mile pace - I was just mentally and physically spent. Might need a day or two of down time anyway.

The packers are still here today finishing up, and then the van will be here (in the rain) tomorrow. O joy!
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B on Thu May 31, 2012 9:05 pm

Congrats on both the great new house and on getting your daughter successfully through high school and on to college! What an exciting time for you and your family. Smile

With all this excitement, though, I can understand how your body decided to go on strike today. I think you've earned a little down time -- if you can squeeze it in among all other other things going on.
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:49 pm

Arrived in Cleveland on Tuesday and have been unpacking, etc. ever since. Beginning to get settled in, but still need some furniture to replace what I sold and some mattresses. Did get in a couple of runs over some old stomping grounds and forgot about just how flat it really is around here. Headed over to NY state to open our summer house this weekend, and then off to Boston for a couple of days with my daughter for college orientation. Still have a lot going on............
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:41 pm

Glad you made it and presumably with little transit damage. No rest for the weary. Chop chop, now.
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:00 pm

Trying to catch up some. After initially arriving in Cleveland, my daughter and I then spent several days in Boston for BU Orientation, then a couple of days back in Cleveland, and now we are finally in western NY state for basically the rest of the summer. My running mileage has suffered some, but I have not missed too many days, just didn't typically run for more than an hour with only two long runs of 10 miles. I have a half marathon in mid-July that I always run, but it is usually a hot and humid morning, so it is not usually a fast race any way. It has been cool the last couple of mornings with temps this morning actually below 60F and it will be that cool tomorrow morning so it should be nice for my planned 8 mile tempo run.

Training for NY doesn't actually start until mid-July, so I am really enjoying this "downtime". Bought a new kayak and kayaked for 3 hrs on Sunday morning, but with the cooler temps has come some wind, so the lake (here in NY we are on Chautauqua Lake, not Erie although we are 8 miles south of Erie) has been rather rough. Maybe after tomorrow's early run I can get in a paddle.
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  carleenp on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:21 pm

Living on a lake and being able to kayak regularly would be awesome! I'm jealous! We have been thinking of getting kayaks, but we would have to haul them a few blocks to the river that is near us.
carleenp
Regular
Regular

View user profile http://beautyandfashiontech.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan on Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:36 pm

Sounds like you're living the life, Michele. Maybe a bit travel-heavy of late, but hey, some of us wanderers would love to be visiting so many places. Will we be seeing a new blog mid-July?
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top