365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Because I can say that now

+23
jon c
Joel H
amyjoann
Nick Morris
Penelope
Ken Mello
Julie
Tom H
John Kilpatrick
Matt W
Jeff F
Natalie
Paula Sue
Jerry
Kenny B.
Peg Coover
KathyK
Tim M
Seth Harrison
Mike MacLellan
Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
ChasMcG
27 posters

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Because I can say that now - Page 5 Empty Re: Because I can say that now

Post  ChasMcG Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:59 pm

Julie wrote:tell your friends when they're fat....yeah...I did have one friend tell me "You gained so much weight!" I had no idea what to say so I just smiled and she said "but you look so happy!!" Umm...yeah I know I gained wt. but I have no idea how to reply. But I know what you're saying. Go for a walk with me instead of eating ice cream with me.

The photos were beautiful. My husband and I went to Estes Park for our honey moon and did a lot of hiking. It was so much fun. I'd love to go back some time.

Okay... There is a way you can tell them and that's not one Smile. I just wish my BFF Would have asked me if everything was okay. Maybe something like I noticed you have been putting on some weight. Could something be wrong? My bestie was gaining some weight recently and I put a training program together for her (she asked) She hated it which is cool so later I told her about some fat burners I had been taking. I gave her a few and asked if she wanted to try any. She has been losing the weight and she is looking great. She had only gained about 20 pounds so it was easy to get off. I gained 80. I have been working hard for a long time and will always have to work hard. I didn't care about myself and I wish my BFF at the time would have. Now I wouldn't want some skinny bitch from softball or school to be like "hey Fatty" hahaha.
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Because I can say that now - Page 5 Empty Well that was a lot harder than I expected

Post  ChasMcG Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:18 pm

After yesterday's hike with girls, I asked Tim to run that trail with me today. First before I go into our run, I have to take back yesterday's hike. I had my garmin today and we didn't make it to the top. There was another trail I didn't see yesterday. We were almost there but not quite. bummer. Then there is a 2 mile loop up top and then you head back down. So the girls and I did......2 miles. It was seriously the LONGEST two miles of my life and felt every bit of 4 miles. Not physically because I didn't even think I broke a sweat yesterday but mentally especially when the two friends screamed at every bug that came near them hahha

Okay, now back to the run. I'm not a strong trail runner but I want to be. I'm going to keep working at it until I can run the whole thing without stopping. I'm good coming down and even found myself hanging around 9:30 but I can't hold and going up....well I can't run it all. I did a combo run/power hike. Also, the few trails I have run have been fairly hilly but more rolling hills. This one is too but the switchbacks started to tire me. It was so cool though. Running trails is exciting and I'm going to work hard at it and I know that will make me a better road racer and hopefully I can stay in the 10's consistantly. Right now it's 10's-11's on good days.

So even though it's a pathedic time, I'm happy with it. I worked hard and I tried. There were times I felt really great and times I could really feel the altitude. At almost 2 miles, I told Tim I was going to turn back and just do a 4 miler. He took off looking really strong so I just following behind him and soon he was no longer in sight. I just kept going around the loop mixing the running with power hiking. My HR was high most of the time so next time I'll take the HR monitor. See if I can maybe watch it closely and see where my 80-85% zone is. Hard to tell on a run like that. I got to a crossing and wasn't quite sure which way to go so I called Tim. He was happy I stuck with it and waited for me at the start of the loop. I followed pretty close to him the rest of the run down which made me happy. I gave it my all for a strong finish Very Happy

5.34 - 1:14:46 - 14:00 average

14:44 - 1.00 - A mild climb to the entrance and then a mild climb on a narrow path
15:14 - 1.01 - Start of the main ascent to the top and part of the loop
15:34 - 1.00 - The loop - rolling hills and very sandy
14:12 - 1.01 - The loop
11:17 - 1.00 - The descent - trying to hang close to Tim
10:56 - .33 - A mild decent off the mountain and back to the car. My final kick passing some walkers on the trail. Felt damn good! hahah Smile

SO FUN! My calves are feeling it right now.
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim M Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:36 pm

Just because you saw it on the Internet, doesn't mean you should do it.
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim M Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:40 pm

Here is the elevation profile for Chas's trail run at Spruce Mountain.
Because I can say that now - Page 5 Spruce10
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:24 pm

great run! I agree with asking a friend if everything is OK. I gained and lost wt every semester in college a pretty significant amount and struggled with depression so in my case, everything wasn't OK and I was just hiding away and eating. Ugh. Another reason I love running, makes me feel good enough that I don't eat to help me feel better.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:11 pm

Julie wrote:great run! I agree with asking a friend if everything is OK. I gained and lost wt every semester in college a pretty significant amount and struggled with depression so in my case, everything wasn't OK and I was just hiding away and eating. Ugh. Another reason I love running, makes me feel good enough that I don't eat to help me feel better.

Oh girl it helps so much with my job. It's so stressful and I can completely clear my head. I wonder now if that was part of my weight gain before. If I didn't run, I would either eat all damn day or bring my shotgun to work hahahahah
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:54 pm

Hi Chas!!! bounce bounce afro afro
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:35 am

Mrs. Schuey wrote:Hi Chas!!! bounce bounce afro afro

Hi Lisa!!! <3. I missed our 365 fun last night!!!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:08 pm

Looks like a nice long hill there, Chas. I completely agree about trail pacing, too... It's damn near impossible to judge the equivalent road effort. I guess that's another argument for learning to understand our bodies' physiological markers and indicators of stress, right?
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:48 pm

First, I love the pics! Morgan is getting sooo big!

Second: Great running!

Third: Insanity tip-----When I was doing it there were times I couldn't get through the set and I would stop early, but almost EVERY time, there were only a few more reps and I know I should have just pushed through! So, Chas, push through!!!! You can do it!

Trail running is very pretty but oh, so hard! What altitude were you at?
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:12 pm

Mike MacLellan wrote:Looks like a nice long hill there, Chas. I completely agree about trail pacing, too... It's damn near impossible to judge the equivalent road effort. I guess that's another argument for learning to understand our bodies' physiological markers and indicators of stress, right?

Just when I thought I was getting into a groove, I would hit another switch back, and my HR would spike. I know it will get better as long as I stay consistant with the hill running. Are there other cross training activities that will help me become stronger when I can't hit the trails?

Peg Coover wrote:First, I love the pics! Morgan is getting sooo big!

Second: Great running!

Third: Insanity tip-----When I was doing it there were times I couldn't get through the set and I would stop early, but almost EVERY time, there were only a few more reps and I know I should have just pushed through! So, Chas, push through!!!! You can do it!

Trail running is very pretty but oh, so hard! What altitude were you at?

I know! I can't believe she's 7 now. She's so tall!

It's funny you said that about pushing through. I seriously cut one short and it literally ended 15 seconds later. I was like DAMNIT! I almost had it! The next one, I stuck with it but then it was the last set so he threw in football drills. I made it but I was like WTF? hahaha

I actually like the workouts. The drop down pushup one and then jump up is hard. Actually most of the jumping ones are tough. Why? It's just jumping!!!!

Last edited by ChasMcG on Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because I can't spell...)
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Because I can say that now - Page 5 Empty Insanity

Post  ChasMcG Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:29 pm

After our 5 mile trail run, we were good and did Insanity. It was really hard after doing a hard run like that. We made it through though. We had to rest more than he let us but we did just run. His class was falling over just like us so we didn't do that bad. It is only our 3rd day!

After that, I went dancing with some friends. Is it necessary that I do squats when I dance? Really? And when will girls tell their friends that they SHOULD NOT wear that out to the club. I saw a prom dress. I saw sweats. I saw a flower purple thing and she had a matching feather in her hair. I saw zebra shorts. I saw zip shirts? Zip shirts???? Really? Evil or Very Mad Come on boys...go get your money back. Someone lied to you! Oh and the best one was two buddies wearing red shirts and matching shoes. Maybe they just got off work???? Right??? Please???

This morning Tim, the girls, and I went to Manitou Springs so Tim could run part of the Pikes Peak Marathon. We dropped him off and went to find a parking spot which was almost impossible. The girls and I were planning on hiking while we waited for him to finish. Well by the time we found a parking spot it was noon and already 96 degrees. We hiked up a little bit but turned back. The girls looked too hot and I'm not down making something fun miserable at this age. We headed back down and waited for Tim to finish. We haven't done the Cardio Recovery today and after a long day and then softball practice, I'll probably just chill on the couch. I'm pretty pooped and on my second Corona. Very Happy Very Happy
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Because I can say that now - Page 5 Empty So far so good

Post  ChasMcG Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:02 pm

Tim and I were selected for the Houston Marathon! I'm doing the half and he is doing the full. It's also the weekend of the Trials! I'm so excited and it looks like there are a lot of 365ers going too. Just wish my boo would have made it in. Sad

So now.... What do I do? With Warrior Dash in August and hopefully a couple more trail races this season, how do I train for a massive PR??? Run Fast! Current PR is 2:33 from October. I want 2:15 or better. Selfish you think? Out of my reach?

So much going through my head right now!

ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:05 pm

what is your current mileage? I'm no expert, but you gotta put some miles in if you want a massive PR and yes speed work is good but if you do too much too fast you're asking for an injury. That's my only advice, nothing profound. Get out there and run more!!!!! cheers
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:31 pm

Insanity, huh? We do Insanity. It's tough to work it into marathon training, but I like the Pure Cardio workout. It's basically a plyo session -- it's the one where the black girl says "I want to leave" and Shawn T makes her take a time-out; it's also the one where he asks the girl in the black tights/blonde ponytail how old she is and she says "40." Every time I see it I say, "I'm 8 years older than you are and I'm kicking your ass!!" The nice thing about Insanity is that each workout is only about 38 minutes. That's way less than an hour. Who can't do a 38 minute workout (including w/u and cooldown)?

Patron is pretty good tequila! I have a bottle sitting on my kitchen counter right now.

Not about weight -- but about gray hair. I was letting mine grow out, just to see what color gray it was. I hadn't colored it between August and January, so I had quite the skunk look going, as well as silver temples. My good friend told me I looked like a hag. Well, not me, but she said, other women my age who let their hair color grow out look haggy. And that I was too young for gray hair. Laughing

That hill looks killer. Good going!
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:41 pm

Julie wrote:what is your current mileage? I'm no expert, but you gotta put some miles in if you want a massive PR and yes speed work is good but if you do too much too fast you're asking for an injury. That's my only advice, nothing profound. Get out there and run more!!!!! cheers
Right now my weekly mileage is low since I'm not really training for anything long distance. I just did a half marathon in May but it's been awhile since I've done any runs over 6 miles. I'll pick up the mileage though for sure.

Natalie Wolf wrote:Insanity, huh? We do Insanity. It's tough to work it into marathon training, but I like the Pure Cardio workout. It's basically a plyo session -- it's the one where the black girl says "I want to leave" and Shawn T makes her take a time-out; it's also the one where he asks the girl in the black tights/blonde ponytail how old she is and she says "40." Every time I see it I say, "I'm 8 years older than you are and I'm kicking your ass!!" The nice thing about Insanity is that each workout is only about 38 minutes. That's way less than an hour. Who can't do a 38 minute workout (including w/u and cooldown)?

Patron is pretty good tequila! I have a bottle sitting on my kitchen counter right now.

Not about weight -- but about gray hair. I was letting mine grow out, just to see what color gray it was. I hadn't colored it between August and January, so I had quite the skunk look going, as well as silver temples. My good friend told me I looked like a hag. Well, not me, but she said, other women my age who let their hair color grow out look haggy. And that I was too young for gray hair. Laughing

That hill looks killer. Good going!

Shawn T is cool and it is nice to see his team falling over from time to time. Makes me feel a little better hahaha

So....did you like the gray/silver color? I don't like mine. Thankfully it kind of blends in with the blonde but I can see it more and more everyday.
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:49 pm

This morning Tim and I woke up to do Insanity. By the time we got down there, I was running out of time to do it and wasn't quite awake enough for it. I decided to go for a morning run instead. I only did 2 miles but it was nice and quiet.

21:22 / 2 miles
10:41 pace

10:58
10:25

I stopped to rest when I felt my stride/form was off. I would shake it off for 20 seconds and start again. I don't know if this is the proper way to train but I'm trying to run fast always. I already know how to run slow!

Today I got a text from Peg and we met up with her for some beers! cheers I enjoy catching up with her and can't wait for her to pace me in another 5K (hint hint) hahahaha

Thanks Peg!! Wish we could have met Ethan! Next time I see you, he'll be driving! Very Happy
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:58 pm

Your running is still going strong, also it must be pretty cool for Tim to be able to practice on the Pike's Peak course. I have to say fu*k that heat thought. Really it is that warm at that high of a elevation?

As for elevation that chart Tim posted of your runs is just sick kiddo. Great job on getting that trail run done! Keep it up.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:16 pm

Schuey wrote:Your running is still going strong, also it must be pretty cool for Tim to be able to practice on the Pike's Peak course. I have to say fu*k that heat thought. Really it is that warm at that high of a elevation?

As for elevation that chart Tim posted of your runs is just sick kiddo. Great job on getting that trail run done! Keep it up.

Thanks!!! That's a fun little trail to do. I would love to have you and Lisa come out and take you guys to the mountains and do some killer runs. I mean sure I will meet you down at the bottom a couple of hours later but it would be fun!!!

ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:35 am

Good job making the most of the time you had to get in a workout. A 2 mile run is basically Insanity w/o the warmup and cooldown. Sort of.

I didn't like my gray. I've decided my friend was right. Why should I look older than my age?
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:02 pm

So fun to see you and Tim!! I love being able to talk about running with someone! Thanks for the advice--I made it to Aurora Res and got my run done.
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:53 am

Natalie Wolf wrote:Good job making the most of the time you had to get in a workout. A 2 mile run is basically Insanity w/o the warmup and cooldown. Sort of.

I didn't like my gray. I've decided my friend was right. Why should I look older than my age?
I've been trying to really push the pace on these shorter runs especially since that's all I'm really doing right now. You know the gray/silver can only be pulled off by men. You seriously look like you did in your wedding pics! Nothing wrong with that or keeping your hair colored! We can be gray in the nursing home!

Peg Coover wrote:So fun to see you and Tim!! I love being able to talk about running with someone! Thanks for the advice--I made it to Aurora Res and got my run done.

It was great to see you! Always nice to catch up! Glad you headed over there. It's a nice little run and fairly flat compared to everything else around us cheers

Hope to see you soon!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Because I can say that now - Page 5 Empty Fire Road

Post  ChasMcG Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:16 am

Tonight, Tim joined me for my run. He did one in the afternoon but still came out with me and before he took me over to Runner's Roost and we picked me up some Cascadia's! I can't wait to run a real trail with them! Yeah! They are heavier than my regular running shoes but it's okay, I'm so excited!

So the run went great. I felt strong and felt myself holding the pace longer and longer. I even ended my run in the 8's!

I feel my best (stride, posture, foot strike) at around 9:30 pace. I can't hold it though. I want to. So bad. One day I will and then I'll want 7's hahaha

I started off pretty slow because the run started on a pretty long hill. Pretty much the first 1/2 mile. At that point I was at a 12 something pace. I stopped to stretch my calf because it sucks but started back up and finally hit a downhill portion and was able to find my stride. Sometimes running on flat roads, I have a hard time finding the stride. I think that's why I like the hills better. Just wish I was better at running them. Soon though!

1.00 - 11:57
1.00 - 10:41
1.00 - 10:38

3 miles - 33:15 / 11:05 pace

And look!!! I remembered to hit the lap button sunny

I feel pretty good about the run. It's hilly but thankfully it was starting to cool off. Last time I ran that route, I struggled with the heat and had to keep stopping for water/rest.
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:07 am

Nice run, especially given the heat!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:31 am

Soon is right. Consistency is going to bring you the improvement you're looking for. Hope the Cascadias treat your feet well.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum: