365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Because I can say that now

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Because I can say that now

Post  KathyK on Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:05 pm

Good luck on this training cycle, Chas! I'm sure you'll hit your goal!
KathyK
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG on Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:54 am

Nick Morris wrote:Yay!! It is always nice to have that motivational carrot dangling infront of you...
What's dangling in front of me???? Oh carrot....sorry I was thinking about something else.

Mike MacLellan wrote:Woot! Day 1 is always exciting. Then comes week 8 and it's, "are we there yet?" Enjoy! Smile
Isn't that the truth and then there's taper "what's the weather like today" week.

Ken Mello wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:Yay!! It is always nice to have that motivational carrot dangling infront of you...

Your carrot should be that if you survive and make it to Houston, you'll probably get to meet me. Laughing
I can't wait to meet you!! I have wanted to meet you for 3 years now! I don't even know what I'll do with myself. How will I wear my hair? Smile Oh gosh, please pray I don't start laughing so hard that Chasbacca comes out or I snort. tongue

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:
Ken Mello wrote:

Your carrot should be that if you survive and make it to Houston, you'll probably get to meet me. Laughing

And me as well. We'll be there at the finish to celebrate!
Awesome! Looks like quite a crowd for Houston!

Julie wrote:yay for the official start of a training cycle! One of my friends I run with is going down for the full and I think plans to see some of the trials the day before.
Yeah we're going to watch those too! Really exciting!

KathyK wrote:Good luck on this training cycle, Chas! I'm sure you'll hit your goal!
Thanks!! I hope so! I'm going to put the miles in and all I can do is trust my training!
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG on Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:06 am

My week is already a little messed up.

M - off

T - 4

W - off

T - 4

F - off

S - 4

S - 6

So I thought I would be playing poker on Tuesday so I did that run on Monday so I could have last night off. I ended up skipping poker and having dinner with a friend in need. I've been feeling like I have a cold coming on for about a week now and have just been ignoring it but today it finally surfaced. Sore throat and sinus. I don't think I've been sick in like a year. It's been a long time, I have managed to dodge everything going around for a long time.

Because I wasn't feeling awesome, I decided to do my run for tomorrow tonight. I felt good enough to run and I didn't want to risk the chance I would feel worse tomorrow and already have to skip a run. So I just went out tonight instead. If it hits me harder tomorrow then I'll have tomorrow and Friday off. I was also hoping that sweating some of it out would be helpful. Wish me luck!

The run tonight was 4 miles and on the same route as Monday. A good hard run and besided the 3rd mile, I felt really strong. I did start to feel the weather around mile 3 and the cold wind picked up with cold sprinkles. Hopefully that doesn't help my cold along.

Next week I'll have 5 runs and then back to 4. Due to my busy schedule, this will work the best and I'll still get the miles in. My work load is about to about to get harder too. I have decided to go and get my degree for Construction Management. I'm very excited and scared. So hopefully my training will keep my head clean!!
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt W on Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:23 am

Hi Chas,

I hope that you, Tim, and the girls are doing well. It's nice to read your excitement as you start your training for Houston. Hopefully, you can make a stop in Vegas for your training. Keep the excitement going and rocking out those miles.
Matt W
Poster
Poster

View user profile http://www.redrockrunningcompany.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry on Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:52 am

After this summer like 100 days of 100+ degree, Ken will definitely look hot. Chas you can just plan accordingly. lol!
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie on Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:15 am

Feel better soon! Sinus infections just knock me out for a few days, I have no idea how they drain the energy from me but they're awful. I'm sure you'll figure out how to fit in running with the rest of your life and have a good race in Jan.
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover on Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:41 am

Yay for week one! You will do awesome! 2:15 is a great goal!
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

View user profile http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG on Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:35 pm

Matt W wrote:

Hi Chas,

I hope that you, Tim, and the girls are doing well. It's nice to read your excitement as you start your training for Houston. Hopefully, you can make a stop in Vegas for your training. Keep the excitement going and rocking out those miles.

I hope we can make it because it's our anniversary too. Hope all is well with you!

Jerry wrote:After this summer like 100 days of 100+ degree, Ken will definitely look hot. Chas you can just plan accordingly. lol!

Noted!

Julie wrote:Feel better soon! Sinus infections just knock me out for a few days, I have no idea how they drain the energy from me but they're awful. I'm sure you'll figure out how to fit in running with the rest of your life and have a good race in Jan.

I was hanging in there until tonight. Put a fork in me!

Peg Coover wrote:Yay for week one! You will do awesome! 2:15 is a great goal!
Thanks Peg! Can't wait to see you!!
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG on Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:39 pm

Today's run was supposed to be 6 miles and tomorrow 4 miles. I am fighting a terrible cold right now but managed to get out. About 3 miles in, the stops at lights were starting to be too welcome and my HR was spiking. I just wasn't feeling good. I made it to the 4 mile mark and called it good. 11:30 pace. The pace actually felt easy it was just the breathing I couldn't get under control. Completely a head cold!

I'll get up in the morning and try to manage the 6 miler. I have a golf tournament at 12 so hopefully I'm feeling up to do both!

I think I may hit the sack early tonight!
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:03 am

4 miles tonight.

I was supposed to run 6 yesterday before the golf tournament but I barely pulled myself out of bed to even go. I'm fighting this stupid cold and it's starting to piss me off. I can't stop my life because I'm sick. Of course, I haven't been sick in a long time.

I felt pretty bad all day but I went out anyways, in hopes I would be able to sweat some of it out. I have been trying to do that for a week now. One day it will work right?

About a mile in, I called Tim to see what he thought, should I stop or keep going. He didn't answer so I continued on. About 1.5 in, I stopped because I was still feeling bad. You know that feeling when you break a fever? You start sweating like crazy. I swear I was breaking a fever. I may have been because the rest of the run was good. Probably one of my strongest finishes. I can't complain especially when I wanted to turn around and crawl into bed.

4 miles done.

I'm feeling bad again though. Tomorrow will be better right? I sweat it all out this time right?

Smile
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG on Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:59 pm

Another 4 miles tonight and thankfully I'm feeling better today. Tim decided to run with me and he was pushing my pace. Coming down a hill, I hit 7:30! Felt so cool! I remember when I first started running. My sprint then was 12 something. I wasn't even sprinting tonight! Every year I see improvements. Sweet!

Tomorrow is a scheduled day off. It's also the death anniversary of Kirk. Tough day. I remember getting the phone call 2 years ago. I couldn't believe it. I kept thinking I was dreaming, that I would wake up, or that he would call me the next day and tell me that everything was okay. He never called.

Remember to live every second of your life because you never know if you'll be gone tomorrow.
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:23 am

I glad to hear that you are feeling better. It will make running much easier Smile Even though tomorrow is a scheduled off day, you may still want to turn to running to take your mind off of things.
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey on Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:12 pm

Hi Chas...I hope you're well today ((((hug))))
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie on Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:48 pm

I'm sorry. Anniversaries...

Run if you think it'll help you feel better.
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey on Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:09 pm

Bayshore. Registration. Is. Getting. Closer. YEAH!!!!!
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG on Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:22 am

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been away but it's been crazy this weekend!

Update my runs really fast

Thursday - 2 miles - I don't remember this run being great

Saturday - 4 miles - This was a nice run but I decided I needed some new shoes. There were a lot of miles on them so I bought some new ones. Blue! Yeah!

Sunday - The Cure for Cancer 5K. Unfortunately, there is no way you're running this one. My friend Janis recently had surgery and they were able to remove all of the cancer. So I walked with her and we enjoyed all of the people, costumes, and pink. It was cool. Then I had to walk another couple miles to get to the lightrail and back. Smile I'm saying it counts for mileage hahahaha Okay I know it doesn't but it was fun anyways!

Tonight I'm off but it's back to it tomorrow!
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie on Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:06 am

Mrs. Schuey wrote:Bayshore. Registration. Is. Getting. Closer. YEAH!!!!!

You are the best recruiter I know, seriously!

I'm glad you got to walk with your friend and they were able to remove all the cancer. That is such a terrible disease. My bro-in-law's brother just lost his battle with brain cancer last Thursday.
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:31 pm

Hey - of course it counts as mileage - what you did is even better.
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG on Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:19 am

Life is crazy as usual and this post will be long but here is an update of last week's runs.

Tuesday was 6 miles with Tim. This one didn't go as well as planned. It started off okay but just ended bad and Tim made me walk the last mile or so home.

Thursday was a short run just to shake out the legs for Saturday's race

Saturday - Devil's Dash 5K and obstacle course

Sunday - 6 miles - Tim braved it and ran with me again and this run went much better than Tuesday. It was one of the harder routes in our neighborhood and I was pretty pooped when we were done. I was a little sore from Saturday's race and I had softball after. By the end of the night, I was ready to rest.

My small race report

I woke up to snow on our grass. It quickly changed to rain but I was not feeling the race when I woke up. The race was located in Lyons which is literally on the other side of town and in the foothills (sorta).

It was an hour drive to my bestie's house and then another hour from there. It rained hard the whole drive there.

Thankfully, the rain stopped right before our wave at 2 and it was just chilly. Once you started moving, it was a nice temp.....until you hit the water.

The first half of this race was awesome. We were rocking! The pace must have been around 9:30 and we were rocking one obstacle after another. A couple of girls looked like they were fading but they just kept going. I was feeling so good! I struggled with the height this time though. Those obstacles weren't nearly as sturdy as the Warrior's so it was making me a little nervous because everyone was having to get a running start to get up onto the 2x4's nailed to the wall.

One obstacle was a climb up the side of a hill. Due to the rain, it was muddy. Very hard to run after awhile and very hard to get up that steep path and the rest of the obstacles. If someone slipped, they were taking eveyone below them out. We got to the top and my bestie got really sick. She has lung problems and with the running and then the hill climb in thin air, it took a lot out of her. She sat there for quite awhile. At least five or so minutes and even though I was worried about her, I wanted to continue on so I oculd beat my previous time. She was sick and just wanted to walk the rest and I stood by her side. We started to the finish and had to get into two set of water pools and the mud pit. It was cold but still fun.

This race was harder than the Warrior. I'm not sure if it was because of the mud or what but it was harder to me. We did this in 58 minutes. 7 or so minutes slower for me but we had to stop. A couple of girls from the group continued while we waited for Holly and finished in 51 something. They walked the rest of it so I'm confident that we could finished faster than that just by jogging the rest of the way.

It was a fun time and a fun party after. I can't wait to do another but right now I need to concentrate on Houston.

Pictures will be posted below!
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG on Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:37 am

ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie on Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:03 am

that looks like fun!
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG on Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:33 pm

Oh my gosh! I need to catch up in here! I haven't posted since the Devil's Dash???

I've been busy training for Houston, learning guitar and music theory (which I suck at), and school.

I've had some really good runs though! Last week was good and this weekend, Tim and I rocked out a 7 mile run! We took one of the hardest routes and I felt good. There was one long stupid hill that kicked my butt but that out of 20 isn't bad!

Tonight, we went out for a 4 miler and it was probably one of my strongest 4 milers in several weeks. Felt great and it was a nice night. A little cold and really dark but I had Tim with me so I felt safe. Couldn't see a damn thing though!

I hope everyone is doing well. I promise to take some time this week and catch up with everyone! I adore you all so much!

I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to read any race reports either. I promise I will get to them pale or you can

RUN HARD!!!!
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey on Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:35 pm

ChasMcG wrote:Oh my gosh! I need to catch up in here! I haven't posted since the Devil's Dash???

I've been busy training for Houston, learning guitar and music theory (which I suck at), and school.

I've had some really good runs though! Last week was good and this weekend, Tim and I rocked out a 7 mile run! We took one of the hardest routes and I felt good. There was one long stupid hill that kicked my butt but that out of 20 isn't bad!

Tonight, we went out for a 4 miler and it was probably one of my strongest 4 milers in several weeks. Felt great and it was a nice night. A little cold and really dark but I had Tim with me so I felt safe. Couldn't see a damn thing though!

I hope everyone is doing well. I promise to take some time this week and catch up with everyone! I adore you all so much!

I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to read any race reports either. I promise I will get to them pale or you can

RUN HARD!!!!

Don't feel bad, Chas, I haven't posted since the first of this month! Hahaha!

December 1....it's around the corner!! bounce bounce
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie on Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:35 pm

Glad running is going well, Chas!

And Lisa, you need to update us on your life and running!
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick on Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:33 pm

Ha - I've been behind on catching up with everyone as well, but I loved the pictures. Looked like a great party with a race thrown in there somewhere!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: