365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

This is the year...continued...

Page 22 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  mul21 on Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:51 pm

@Nick Morris wrote:9/24 -

12 miles

12 miles this morning and at this point, with 2 weeks left until race day, there is no such thing as a LSD run anymore. I ran this morning's 12-er all on feel. I met up with a friend 2.25 miles into the run and we ran together for the middle 8 miles. Everything was free and easy and before I knew it, the run was almost over. I completed 12.28 miles at a 7:26 pace with an average HR of 140. T-minus 2 week, 1 day and I am actually going to have to run the race pale

I'm taking you down in 2 weeks buddy.......last long run of the cycle today was 15 @ 7:20 pace! afro

I keed, I keed. Nicely done, a little sharpening over the next 2 weeks and you've got that 3:05 locked down. What is that, just under 7:05 miles?
avatar
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1481
Points : 4450
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 41
Location : St. Louis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  Nick Morris on Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:30 pm

@mul21 wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:9/24 -

12 miles

12 miles this morning and at this point, with 2 weeks left until race day, there is no such thing as a LSD run anymore. I ran this morning's 12-er all on feel. I met up with a friend 2.25 miles into the run and we ran together for the middle 8 miles. Everything was free and easy and before I knew it, the run was almost over. I completed 12.28 miles at a 7:26 pace with an average HR of 140. T-minus 2 week, 1 day and I am actually going to have to run the race pale

I'm taking you down in 2 weeks buddy.......last long run of the cycle today was 15 @ 7:20 pace! afro

I keed, I keed. Nicely done, a little sharpening over the next 2 weeks and you've got that 3:05 locked down. What is that, just under 7:05 miles?



7:03...Actually dude, I think you will run faster than me...too bad we weren't running the same race to pace each other...
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11778
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 36
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  Jerry on Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:46 pm

Ha, I always thought you would run Chicago. Same day, not Chicago, you out of your freaky mind? lol!
avatar
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2708
Points : 1004035
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Where I'm Loved

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  Nick Morris on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:02 pm

@Jerry wrote:Ha, I always thought you would run Chicago. Same day, not Chicago, you out of your freaky mind? lol!



I did run Chicago the last two years, but this year I wanted to try something different. So, I am heading out east toi run Steamtown.
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11778
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 36
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  Jerry on Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:47 pm

Steamtown, isn't that the cheating one? Very Happy

That's fine. As you get faster, Chicago will be the best one to have companies. I love that race, but never PR'd there. Embarassed
avatar
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2708
Points : 1004035
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Where I'm Loved

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  Nick Morris on Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:20 am

@Jerry wrote:Steamtown, isn't that the cheating one? Very Happy

That's fine. As you get faster, Chicago will be the best one to have companies. I love that race, but never PR'd there. Embarassed

I think that you are thinking of St. George. But they are all USATF certified, so I am not sure how bad they can be...
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11778
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 36
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  Nick Morris on Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:11 am

9/25 -
4 miles
up and at it in the dark of morning to get in 4 easy miles before heading to Milwaukee to cheer on my NL Central Division Champion Brewers. 4.11 miles at a 7:32 pace. Two weeks to the day Smile
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11778
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 36
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  Julie on Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:35 am

2 more weeks! Time for a little more taper madness around here!
avatar
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2602
Points : 6128
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  Nick Morris on Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:41 am

9/26 -
3 miles
Easy 3 miles yesterday. Just enough to get the blood flowing. 3.12 miles at a 7:38 pace...
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11778
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 36
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  jon c on Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:41 am

Glad your taper is going well Nick! Sounds like a buildup to a great race day!
avatar
jon c
Regular
Regular

Posts : 507
Points : 2813
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 60
Location : Nebraska

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  Nick Morris on Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:04 pm

9/27 -

4 miles

4 miler tonight on a cool and rainy evening. Even though the mileage is on the way down, I am keeping the intensity up. Need to stay sharp come race day. Overall 4.23 miles at a 7:13 pace.
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11778
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 36
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  Peg Coover on Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:37 pm

Good easy 4 miler!

Are you psyched up for the Nebraska/Wisconsin game? We will try to find a place to watch it in Minneapolis, but I will have to bow out at half time to get to bed early!
avatar
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Posts : 669
Points : 2921
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Nebraska

View user profile http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  Nick Morris on Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:02 pm

@Peg Coover wrote:Good easy 4 miler!

Are you psyched up for the Nebraska/Wisconsin game? We will try to find a place to watch it in Minneapolis, but I will have to bow out at half time to get to bed early!

Heck yeah! It should be a good game and a big test for my Badgers. Unfortunately, I may not be able to tailgate for the game, because I may be in Milwaukee cheering on the Brewers in the NLDS. This is all contingent on them getting home field advantage in the first round of the playoffs.
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11778
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 36
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  Nick Morris on Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:28 am

9/28 -

6 miles

Six miles this morning. Man it is freaking dark in the morning!! Nice easy run this morning. Had to get it in early as I am yet again heading to Milwaukee for the last regular season baseball game. First round home field advantage is on the line tonight!!

I posted the splits below to show off my consistancy. 6.30 miles at a 7:33 pace. Just counting down the days now...



SplitDistanceAvg Pace
117:37
217:38
317:34
417:32
517:33
617:30
70.37:01
Summary6.37:33
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11778
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 36
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  Julie on Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:55 pm

Great consistent run! The days are getting so short. It's dark when I'm running, too, and still dark when I get home from the morning run. And it will only get worse the next 11 weeks. Sigh.
avatar
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2602
Points : 6128
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  Schuey on Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:42 pm

@Nick Morris wrote:9/28 -

6 miles

Six miles this morning. Man it is freaking dark in the morning!!

Yeah tell me about it! It's still dark when I finish some of my morning runs. Getting closer and closer to go time for you buddy!
avatar
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2160
Points : 5279
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 45
Location : So Many Roads To Ease My Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  Nick Morris on Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:06 pm

9/29 -

Hill repeats...

Hill repeats tonight...the last ones for this cycle. I did 9x (5 down/4 up) tonight, on a cold, wet, and very windy evening. We actually had a wind advisory today with wind gusts up to 50 mph. I definitely put in some good fast, steep, long downhills tonight. Just a warmup of things to come as I will be challenged with a lot of down hills next Sunday. A little over a week away!!
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11778
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 36
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  Nick Morris on Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:00 pm

9/30 -

Scheduled off day

Scheduled off day before my last weekend running of the cycle...
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11778
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 36
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  Nick Morris on Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:02 am

10/1 -

4 miles

This morning I completed a fast 4 miles. The last training run at marathon pace. I completed 4.25 miles at a 6:50 pace...
Now it is time to head to Milwaukee to cheer on my Brewers in Game 1 of the NLDS!!!
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11778
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 36
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  Peg Coover on Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:12 am

@Nick Morris wrote:9/30 -

Scheduled off day

Scheduled off day before my last weekend running of the cycle...

So close! Enjoy the game!
avatar
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Posts : 669
Points : 2921
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Nebraska

View user profile http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  Jerry on Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:52 am

How is your weather forecast? Nobody wants to talk about Chicago now. lol!
avatar
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2708
Points : 1004035
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Where I'm Loved

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  Schuey on Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:08 am

@Nick Morris wrote:10/1 -

4 miles

This morning I completed a fast 4 miles. The last training run at marathon pace. I completed 4.25 miles at a 6:50 pace...
Now it is time to head to Milwaukee to cheer on my Brewers in Game 1 of the NLDS!!!

Hey Nick glad that you had a good run and have fun at the Brewers game. One more thing to think about you might want to do one more MP run like Wednesday, just to let your legs know what that pace is one more time before race day. It doesn't have to be long, I normally do the same as Chris 8 to 10 miles total with 3 to 4 miles at MP.

Well I actually do this run faster then MP normally for me it ends up being a slow Tempo MP-10seconds.

I think you would be fine just doing it at MP, just something to think about.


@Jerry wrote:How is your weather forecast? Nobody wants to talk about Chicago now. lol!

Haha that is funny Jerry! Although I have been one to not really care about the weather because I just show up and race no matter what. But it will be interesting to see if next weeks warm weather will miss us in Chicago or not.
avatar
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2160
Points : 5279
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 45
Location : So Many Roads To Ease My Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  Nick Morris on Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:38 pm

@Jerry wrote:How is your weather forecast? Nobody wants to talk about Chicago now. lol!



It's still too early to look...talk to me in a couple of days...
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11778
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 36
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  Nick Morris on Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:41 pm

@Schuey wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:10/1 -

4 miles

This morning I completed a fast 4 miles. The last training run at marathon pace. I completed 4.25 miles at a 6:50 pace...
Now it is time to head to Milwaukee to cheer on my Brewers in Game 1 of the NLDS!!!

Hey Nick glad that you had a good run and have fun at the Brewers game. One more thing to think about you might want to do one more MP run like Wednesday, just to let your legs know what that pace is one more time before race day. It doesn't have to be long, I normally do the same as Chris 8 to 10 miles total with 3 to 4 miles at MP.

Well I actually do this run faster then MP normally for me it ends up being a slow Tempo MP-10seconds.

I think you would be fine just doing it at MP, just something to think about.


I think that I will take your advice and run an 8 mile tempo run on Wednesday...just to stay sharp. Thanks!!
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11778
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 36
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  Nick Morris on Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:49 pm

10/2 -

8 miles...

8 miler this morning. I used this hour run to reflect on this years training cycle and what got me to where I am today. All of the ups and downs, the challenging runs, and the races that I have completed. From the near ankle roll, to the ITBS issue, to the the knot in my calf and how I fought through these issues. I put in the time and miles and as a result, obtained a new HM PR. Now there is only one more challenge in front of me, race day. Race week is finally here...

I completed 8.55 miles thismorning at a 7:30 pace even. I never really imagined that 7:30 would feel so easy.
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11778
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 36
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum