365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

12 Weeks Down + 28 Weeks = DAD

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 12 Weeks Down + 28 Weeks = DAD

Post  Mike MacLellan on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:20 pm

Glad you're getting back on track, Schuey. Taking some downtime is a-okay, I've realized, and as long as it leads to renewed focus and an ultimately positive change, I'd say it was worth the while. That depression will dissipate as soon as you start pounding out the miles again.
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:03 pm

Glad to see an update. I think sometimes lack of training can be frustrating or depressing (I'm not even posting how little I'm running because since September pretty much it's all stunk but that's beside the point). But just getting out and logging the runs again will get you back on track.

Sounds like a good line up this year! I'm excited for your family, I hope Lisa continues to feel well and little baby is doing wonderfully! I bet s/he will love the jogging stroller (have you gotten one yet?). Jocelyn always fell asleep around mile 2 when I was pregnant with her and even now she sometimes naps in the jogging stroller.
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:51 pm

Yo brother, looking forward to a run soon and hanging out. Had an easy one today (7mi) in those 60F+ temps after yesterday's repeats. Tomorrow 9mi @MP. Let me know if you're up for a mid week run.
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt W on Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:26 am

Hey Buddy,

I love it when you start typing in all caps. Smile It sounds like you are getting some mojo back after a little break. I can relate about needing a break. I'll be looking forward to seeing you in Boston, whatever that race brings. It should be a good time regardless.

Looking forward to seeing how the next month+ plays out for you.
Matt W
Poster
Poster

View user profile http://www.redrockrunningcompany.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:10 am

Schuey, life is getting so exciting for you(two) right now. I can understand the loss of training focus. After I broke my ankle last year and had such a bad training year, I shifted much of my energy to family activities and lots of practices for the kids(hockey, basketball, dance, karate, and soccer). I'm finally getting my training mojo back as well.

Have fun at Boston. Hopefully, I will see you there next year??
Diego
Regular
Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:19 pm

See you on the way to Maryland, Schuey as I'll only be living one mile north off 90 on your way through Ohio!
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey on Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:07 pm

Hey everyone thanks so much for all your posts! I will be back later to respond in more detail, it's time to go do some baby shopping.

I think today we are going to buy the baby furniture and some other things plus we have to do some grocery shopping. Yes Lisa loves eating food. The cool thing is that she is really into fruit and veggies.

Another note to add is that Lisa is doing great, the belly is looking more and more like a basketball! Other great news is that we heard back about our 2nd Trimester test for chromosome deficiencies, Spina Bifida and some other things and everything came back negative which is awesome news.

The whole process has been so exciting and has been well worth the missed time being on the roads. This may be our only child and there is no way that I'm going to miss out on this experience because it may be the only time I get to cross this path in my life.

Couple more weeks we go in for the last Ultrasound, which we have decided that we will not find out the sex. All we ask is to have a health child doesn't matter if it is a boy or girl. Although Lisa wants a boy to be able to carry on my family name.

More later 365 gang!!
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B on Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:32 pm

Hey Schuey!

I'll second what Matt says about when you go into all caps. You've got ME wanting to go to the JFK 50 now, even if only to watch you kill it!

Even better news about Schuey Jr. Or Schueyette Jr? Anyway, great news, and I think you'll have fun with the mystery. Just make sure to tell the ultrasound operator you don't want to know, and be prepared to close your eyes - fast - if it looks like you're about to get flashed!
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Enright on Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:42 pm

Happy to hear all the baby news is good!
You're absolutely right - don't miss any of it - well worth everything you devote to the experience.
My wife never craved anything healthy. It wasn't that the stuff was particularly, just odd.
Hang in there!
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:01 pm

Seems like Lisa is doing great, and the baby shopping is oh so fun and important! At least Lisa is craving something good for her, I just wanted tuna fish salad - who knows, but my daughter hates it!
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie on Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:23 pm

Glad everything's going well! Tell Lisa hi for me and glad she's liking the fruits and veggies. I just remember craving yogurt and milk and then I read "your babies bones are developing this week" in one of my pregnancy books and I figured my cravings (or aversions, haha, much more common) lined up with what Jocelyn and I needed.
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  carleenp on Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:34 pm

As usual, I'm late to the game. I don't know how I manage to miss threads like this! Congrats on your future parenthood!!!! Very Happy
carleenp
Regular
Regular

View user profile http://beautyandfashiontech.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP on Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:53 pm

It's really cool to see these updates and to know that things are going well for you two. It's old-fashioned to not know the sex of the baby, reminds me that I never knew till they came as out as well. Just heightens the anticipation.
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KathyK on Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:23 pm

I'm so glad that Lisa is doing so well! Yay for the basketball belly!
KathyK
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Bussard on Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:25 pm

Congrats, you guys! But I think I need to apologize because the first thing I thought of when I saw the news is: What does this do to your Bayshore plans?
Dave Bussard
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:06 am

I know I know I have some updates to add and to respond to all you wonderful people that follow my blog and support my running.

For this post my update is about my craziness and need to enhance myself for the 50 mile distance and trail running. So Lisa and I were talking about going to the Poto the 2nd weekend after Boston (Apirl 27-29) so I can get back out on the trails due to the fact that I love them so much. So I figured why not do it in fashion and luck would have it that Running Fit is putting on some races that weekend at the Poto.

So like the nut that I am I decided to sign up for the 13.1 mile trail race on Saturday April 28th and then decided to take another vacation day from work and will also run the 50k trail race on Sunday. I love it when I do things on the fly like that and can't wait to get out on trails and enjoy to nice days of running in one of my favorite places.

The journey continues with me finding my space and regaining my fitness with running. It is going well but I have also realized that I have some pounds to shed to make the effort of running be that much better. All good things in all good times, there is something great waiting to meet me at the end of this come back in the near future and in the long term future.

"IN THE MIDST OF OUR LIVES, WE MUST FIND THE MAGIC THAT MAKES OUR SOULS SOAR" - Evelyn Beilenson
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick on Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:42 am

@Schuey wrote:we have decided that we will not find out the sex.

I think that is cool - there are very few true surprises in life - you can truly enjoy this one! Reading about your anticipation and attitude about this reminds me of my child being born - I felt like I had waited a long time and I really savored everything about it. God Bless Lisa and yourself - you are going to be awesome parents!

@Schuey wrote:All good things in all good times, there is something great waiting to meet me at the end of this come back in the near future and in the long term future.

"IN THE MIDST OF OUR LIVES, WE MUST FIND THE MAGIC THAT MAKES OUR SOULS SOAR" - Evelyn Beilenson

Love the quote and love picking up your positive attitude about things - it helps!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:41 am

Did you see this???

http://www.freep.com/article/20120316/NEWS05/303160005/With-video-Residents-begin-cleanup-in-aftermath-of-tornado-storms?odyssey=tab%7Cmostpopular%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE

Not sure if this has/had any effect on the Potto trails, and hopefully no one was killed.
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey on Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:00 am

Yeah sad isn't it! Lisa and I both have the Pinckney area up on are weather.com and know that they were expecting the tornado's. Have seen or heard anything about what type of damage was done to the trail system. We just made are reservations for camping at Crooked Lake (our favorite place to camp). We haven't heard anything back from the DNR. Will keep you posted.
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:14 pm

Again I know I need to post about running and all the stuff that is going on with it. In short I had a good week last week were I have finally built my mileage back up to 70 plus miles with 1 day off from running. This week I'm on target to be somewhere around 70 to 80 miles depending on what on do this weekend. I'm looking forward to getting the mileage back up to 100 miles a week next week and I plan on training through Boston therefore there will be no taper/peak for it. I'm sticking to my word that Boston is for fun and will be using it as a nice long training run for my JFK.

I will also be posting my new ideas and tentative plans for my JFK 50 training. It's just taking me some time to get ideas down plus it will most likely change some as I talk to my coach/advisor about my training for JFK.

Ok now that has been said on to the GOOD fun and EXCITING news: BABY!!!! everything is going awesome, our doctor told us Tuesday that things could not be going any better then when they are. She also answered some questions and concerns Lisa and I had about certain things which was great to hear her positive feedback to us. My approach during this time has been to absorb and learning as much as I can about what is going on with Lisa and our baby. Throughout this whole process I promised myself that I was going to be a part of the whole journey with Lisa so that I could understand what is going on with her body/mind and also how our baby is developing.

Also on Tuesday we saw the last images of our baby until birthday! It was one of the most exciting times of my life to see our baby that we made together. It was great to watch him/her moving around and also open their mouth. It is unbelievable how technology has advanced and we were able to the see the brain/heart, hands and bones. JUST AMAZING!!! Everything is going perfect with our baby at this time and I could not help but get a little emanational and had that excitement of tears in my eyes. If just seeing our baby like that did that to me, I don't know how the heck I'm going to react on the birthday!!

You read right above were I said him/her, we had our chance/last chance to find out the sex but we stuck to your original plan and said we didn't want to know. It is not the most important thing to us, what is important is that the baby is doing great, Lisa is doing great and no matter boy/girl we will be honored and excited to meet our child. I just want everything to go great for Lisa and be problem free and to be blessed with the one gift in this world that will carry on mine and Lisa's family line!

Is it August yet???
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:23 pm

You sound a bit excited. Very Happy Glad everything is going great. August will come. In the meantime, enjoy the sleep and the clean house!
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:20 pm

Oh, I'm so excited for you! It is weird as my baby will be 19 in June!!!!! Kind of remember the details, but I can tell you how happy I am when my 5 yr old niece leaves to go HOME Evil or Very Mad
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:22 pm

@Schuey wrote:Again I know I need to post about running and all the stuff that is going on with it. In short I had a good week last week were I have finally built my mileage back up to 70 plus miles with 1 day off from running. This week I'm on target to be somewhere around 70 to 80 miles depending on what on do this weekend. I'm looking forward to getting the mileage back up to 100 miles a week next week and I plan on training through Boston therefore there will be no taper/peak for it. I'm sticking to my word that Boston is for fun and will be using it as a nice long training run for my JFK.

I will also be posting my new ideas and tentative plans for my JFK 50 training. It's just taking me some time to get ideas down plus it will most likely change some as I talk to my coach/advisor about my training for JFK.

Ok now that has been said on to the GOOD fun and EXCITING news: BABY!!!! everything is going awesome, our doctor told us Tuesday that things could not be going any better then when they are. She also answered some questions and concerns Lisa and I had about certain things which was great to hear her positive feedback to us. My approach during this time has been to absorb and learning as much as I can about what is going on with Lisa and our baby. Throughout this whole process I promised myself that I was going to be a part of the whole journey with Lisa so that I could understand what is going on with her body/mind and also how our baby is developing.

Also on Tuesday we saw the last images of our baby until birthday! It was one of the most exciting times of my life to see our baby that we made together. It was great to watch him/her moving around and also open their mouth. It is unbelievable how technology has advanced and we were able to the see the brain/heart, hands and bones. JUST AMAZING!!! Everything is going perfect with our baby at this time and I could not help but get a little emanational and had that excitement of tears in my eyes. If just seeing our baby like that did that to me, I don't know how the heck I'm going to react on the birthday!!

You read right above were I said him/her, we had our chance/last chance to find out the sex but we stuck to your original plan and said we didn't want to know. It is not the most important thing to us, what is important is that the baby is doing great, Lisa is doing great and no matter boy/girl we will be honored and excited to meet our child. I just want everything to go great for Lisa and be problem free and to be blessed with the one gift in this world that will carry on mine and Lisa's family line!

Is it August yet???

Bob likes this.
Bob
Lord Bobby
Lord Bobby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KathyK on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:40 am

I saw on your Facebook that you felt your baby moved before you went out for your run, then again when you got back. Soooo very cool. Just think of that as the first of many times your son/daughter will say "Have a good run, Dad!" before you leave, and "How was your run, Dad?" when you get home.
KathyK
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie on Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:27 pm

@KathyK wrote: Just think of that as the first of many times your son/daughter will say "Have a good run, Dad!" before you leave, and "How was your run, Dad?" when you get home.

Indeed! And "Daddy, you're all sweaty from your run, you need to take a shower!" (at least that's what J says to me, except of course says Mommy).
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top