365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keep Pushin'

+18
Schuey
Joel H
mul21
T Miller
John Kilpatrick
Alex Kubacki
Ken Mello
ounce
Mike MacLellan
Michael Enright
Peg Coover
Seth Harrison
Michele "1L" Keane
Dave-O
fostever
Dave Wolfe
Mark B
KathyK
22 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Keep Pushin'  - Page 10 Empty Re: Keep Pushin'

Post  KathyK Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:47 pm

Day 2 of level 3 of the 30 day shred, followed by an easy 30 minute run on the mill at 1% incline. I'll do another interval-style run tomorrow morning, but the tough parts will be incline-induced rather than bumping up the speed like I did yesterday.

I had wardrobe issues this morning as I tried to get ready for work, in a good way. All of my dress slacks are looking baggy and a bit frumpy and baggy-a$$ed. The scale isn't moving, but my body is changing. Overall, I think I'm much more fit than when I ran my last marathon a few years ago, not running-wise, but full body fitness. I weighed less a few years ago on race day, but I don't think I was any smaller than I am now. Amazing what a bit of muscle will do.
KathyK
KathyK
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:12 pm

Woohoo, Kathy!

I can relate. I had a pair of crepe wool dress pants in my closet that I often wore to nicer occassions or a church function, and when I put them on around the holidays, they were also very baggy-assed. I realized that I had not worn them much in Atlanta, and they were so "big" I had to donate them.

Keep up the great work!! Being fit is great!
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:57 pm

Woo-hoo! Let's hear it for baggy-a$$ed pants!

Um, can I say that? jocolor
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:28 pm

I also try to increase the incline rather than go faster to make a workout harder. The problem with going faster is it can stress the ligaments/tendons a lot more, plus you workout for less time so the benefit of the workout is reduced.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  dot520 Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:13 am

Sounds like all your efforts are paying off. Ah, baggy a$$ed pants!
I'm going to need to go back into your blog some and find out more about the 30 day shred! Sounds grueling but successful!
dot520
dot520
Top 10 Poster Emeritus
Top 10 Poster Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post  KathyK Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:20 am

Goodness...I haven't posted in my blog in months.  I've been running, just not writing about it.

I'm still focused on total body fitness rather than training for a goal race.  I worked my way through Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred and Ripped in 30 DVDs several times.  Achieved my goal of not having to wear a layer of spandex under my mother-of-the-bride dress for my daughter's wedding in May.  So that's good.  But then I got board with my routine of doing a Shred or Ripped workout followed by 3 miles on the mill. It was the same thing 5 days a week.

So I looked around for other workout options.  I know about Insanity and P90X, and was tempted to get one of those, then I stumbled on Mark Lauren's 'You Are Your Own Gym'.  This guy is/was a military special operations trainer and he wrote a book full of workouts using only one's body weight.  He also offers a DVD, so that's what I bought.  Love it!  It's absolutely no frills...but certainly challenging. 

I felt comfortable enough with the novice after a week that I moved onto the intermediate and have been doing that for the past few weeks.   I do that 3 days a week.  On my non YAYOG days, I run.  Mostly on the 'mill, but sometimes outside.  Often times, I do a slow warm up, then do a Tobada-style workout that kicks my butt.  Then I do another mile or two on the mill at a comfortably hard pace.  Interestingly, my comfortably hard pace continues to get a bit faster.  So, something about the mix of YAYOG and the Tobada is helping my running pace.

I still don't have the speed that I had a couple of years ago (do remember that my 'speed' is most folks' 'slow'), but my pace is quicker than it was last year for a 3-5 mile run.  And at my age, to be faster than the previous year is always a good thing.Very Happy 

Keep Pushin', y'all.
KathyK
KathyK
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum: