365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Your Week in Training March 5 - 11

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your Week in Training March 5 - 11

Post  KBFitz on Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Daymilestype
Mon 05 recov42°F Snow flurries.
Tue 08 speed45°F 1 mile warmup, 4 x 1 mile at 10K pace, 2 mile cooldown.
Wed 13 trail58°F
Thu 10 easy68°F
Fri --
Sat 11 pace38°F
Sun 20 long50°F
Week 67
YTD 548
avatar
KBFitz
Regular
Regular

Posts : 715
Points : 5529
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 59
Location : Off-center

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training March 5 - 11

Post  fostever on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:08 pm

M-off
Tu-3X2mi @6:50 pace 8mi total w/ recovery
W-7mi easy(8:20) w/ strength workout
Th-9.18mi@ marathon pace (7:14)
Fr-6mi treadmill recovery(8:40)
Sa- 16mi @ 7:48 ave pace 5mi in 7:30- 7:40 range 1st 8 mi 30mph headwind
Su-6mi early @8:00 pace

52mi week 407 YTD
avatar
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1316
Points : 5140
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 58
Location : Chicago

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training March 5 - 11

Post  Mike MacLellan on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:51 pm

Week X of Y for Boston - Last Build Week - from Memory

M - 1hr5min GA
T - 2hr40min w/ 5k' gain/loss
W - 45min recovery
Th - 1hr w/ 25min Hal-style tempo + 5min MP
F - 1hr30min w/ last 40min @ MP on some big hills
S - 45min easy
S - 30min recovery

Week - 8hr15min
Miles - just <60?
YTD - 300+?
avatar
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 3091
Points : 7373
Join date : 2011-06-14
Age : 30
Location : Arlington, VA

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training March 5 - 11

Post  Kenny B. on Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:14 pm

66+ miles this week

Highlights

5 mile tempo 9 total miles 6:55 pace
13 MW LSD around 8:20 pace
10 GA pace 7:42ish
20+ LSD runs 8:19 pace
avatar
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2036
Points : 4750
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 45
Location : Jersey Shore!

View user profile http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training March 5 - 11

Post  mountandog on Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:37 pm

Good week for a change. No injury > tendonitis seems to be gone.

Didn't get in the exact runs due to travel and business, but got the mileage in.

Mon - 6 recovery then flew to Mexico for business for the week
Tue - 5 on the treadmill -- man 4500 vertical feet in Mex City - I could feel it
Wed - 8 with 5x600 == now in Saltillo
Thu - 10 GA -- didn't want to get up, legs felt like lead, the altitude definitely takes getting used to
Fri - 5 recovery -- felt great
Sat -- home finally -- 10 with 7 @ MP
Sun - 20 @ 7:43 - about 12% above MP -- felt great. sunny 55 degrees. Feel surprising good tonight even after doing the Costco run.

65 for the week
637 for the year
avatar
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1392
Points : 5512
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 60
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training March 5 - 11

Post  Admin on Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:37 pm

I ran 17 easy today. That's all I'm gonna share. Cool

Admin
Admin

Posts : 889
Points : 3803
Join date : 2011-06-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training March 5 - 11

Post  JohnP on Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:13 pm

Five weeks to go - good solid week of training this week.

Mon - 6.1 miles easy
Tue - 13.1 miles easy
Wed - 7.2 miles easy
Thu - 7.6 miles with 10x75 second hill repeats
Fri - rest
Sat - 21.94 miles, hilly route
Sun - 6.9 miles easy

Week - 62.9 miles
avatar
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1225
Points : 4201
Join date : 2011-06-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training March 5 - 11

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:41 pm

Life got better as the week ended................

Mon - 6.5 miles as speedwork - 2 x 1 mile followed by 2 x 800m Supposed to do 3 of each, but nasty cold prevented that
Tue - 6 miles easy
Wed - 9.25 miles - 1 mile, then 4 miles @ 7:45 (actually 7:35 ave), followed by 1 mile easy, then only 3.25 miles @ 7:35 ave. Felt awful. Very discouraged.
Thu - 6 miles + striders Felt better
Fri - 20.1 miles. Good run, surprised, but felt good and even ran hills from miles 10-16.5
Sat - 6.5 easy miles
Sun - Day off Daughter returned from Italy and had to pick her up from the airport. Needed the sleep and the cold is almost gone.

Week - 54.35 miles

Thought I was going over the abyss, but might have caught myself in time. We will see.
avatar
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4742
Points : 11075
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 55
Location : Cleveland (Bay Village), OH/Atlanta, GA

View user profile http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training March 5 - 11

Post  John Kilpatrick on Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:28 pm

Swimming is all I got, but it is better than nothing.

Monday: 2.81 miles, 1:20:16 (1:37/100 yds)
Tuesday: 1.85 miles, 49:54 (1:32/100 yds)
Wed: 2.81 miles, 1:15:11 (1:31/100 yds)
Thursday: 1.56 miles, 42:49 (1:33/100 yds)
Friday: off
Saturday: 3.78 miles, 1:44:12 (1:34/100 yds)
Sunday: 2.02 miles, 55:56 (1:34/100 yds)

Week: 26,100 yds (14.83 miles), 6:48:17

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1542
Points : 4199
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 47
Location : Leesburg, GA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training March 5 - 11

Post  Gobbles on Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:29 pm

Actually had a decent week in training:

Mon - 4.5 miles @ 7:59/mile
Tue - 8.7 miles track (400s - 1:1Xs / 800s - 2:4Xs)
Wed - 10.0 miles @ 8:01/mile
Thu - 11.7 miles @ 7:18/mile
Fri - AM: 4.1 miles @ 7:43/mile & PM: 6.1 miles @ 7:34/mile
Sat - 9.5 miles (3.2 mile warmup, 5K in 17:42 [1st OA cheers ], 3.2 mile cool down)
Sun - 21 miles @ 8:14/mile Sleep

Week - 75.5 miles
avatar
Gobbles
Poster
Poster

Posts : 335
Points : 2915
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 41
Location : Outside the Perimeter - Atlanta, GA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training March 5 - 11

Post  Dave Bussard on Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:57 pm

mountandog wrote:Good week for a change. No injury > tendonitis seems to be gone.

Man, isn't that weird? Mine disappeared just as fast!

Had a good week...Feeling pretty good these days.

Mon: 10 miles in 1:08:54 (6:53 pace)
Tue: am: 4 easy; pm:7 easy
Wed: 10 mile progression in 1:05:25 (6:32 pace) 7:16>5:59
Thu: am: 4 easy; pm: 7 easy
Fri: 9.1 miles easy
Sat: 14 miles in 1:34:10 (6:43 pace)
Sun: 7.1 miles easy

Week: 72.2
Year: 507.5
avatar
Dave Bussard
Poster
Poster

Posts : 179
Points : 2640
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Northern IN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training March 5 - 11

Post  KBFitz on Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:25 pm

fostever wrote:Sa- 16mi @ 7:48 ave pace 5mi in 7:30- 7:40 range 1st 8 mi 30mph headwind
Nice
Kenny B. wrote:5 mile tempo 9 total miles 6:55 pace
Nice
mountandog wrote:Good week for a change. No injury > tendonitis seems to be gone.
Real Nice
JohnP wrote:Sat - 21.94 miles, hilly route
Nice
Michele "1L" Keane wrote:Thought I was going over the abyss, but might have caught myself in time. We will see.
Real Nice
Gobbles wrote:Sat - 9.5 miles (3.2 mile warmup, 5K in 17:42 [1st OA cheers ], 3.2 mile cool down)
Uber Nice
Dave Bussard wrote:Man, isn't that weird? Mine disappeared just as
fast! Had a good week...Feeling pretty good these days.
Real Nice.

Looks like Spring is in the air.
avatar
KBFitz
Regular
Regular

Posts : 715
Points : 5529
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 59
Location : Off-center

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training March 5 - 11

Post  T Miller on Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:32 am

Taper and race.

Mon: double ab ripper + 20 min elliptical
Tue: off
Wed: off
Thu: 2 miles
Fri: 4 miles
Sat: 60k 5:35
Sun: off

WTD: 43
YTD: 459
avatar
T Miller
Regular
Regular

Posts : 781
Points : 3471
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 52
Location : Bloomington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training March 5 - 11

Post  Ben Z on Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:59 am

Solid week. 4-5 more like this and I'll be ready.

Mon: 8 easy

Tue: 11 w/ 5.5 mi tempo and 400m all out

Wed: 6 easy

Thur: 10 w/ 20 * 1 min hard, 1 min easy

Fri: 10 easy/moderate

Sat: 22 easy (nothing easy about the last five)

Sun: 6 easy w/ strides
avatar
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Posts : 698
Points : 3363
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Bay Area

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training March 5 - 11

Post  Ben Z on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:13 am

T Miller wrote:
Sat: 60k 5:35

Nice.
avatar
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Posts : 698
Points : 3363
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Bay Area

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training March 5 - 11

Post  wrichman on Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:43 pm

Tmiller - great 60k! fantastic time.
Gobbles - congrats on the win!

recovery week
M - 8 am, 4 pm easy
T - 13 ga, Ironstrength
W - 15 w/ 7 @ 7:03-7:13 tempo
Th - elliptical 80 min. freak out over possible stress fx
F - MRI no stress fx, tendonitis in foot, easy 8 miles no pain at all. weird
Sat - drove to Waterfall Glen trail for a hilly 21 avg. 8:30
Sun - recovery 6, 40 min. easy elliptical

75 mpw. 120 elliptical.
avatar
wrichman
Poster
Poster

Posts : 245
Points : 2464
Join date : 2012-01-12
Location : Chicago, IL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training March 5 - 11

Post  Don S on Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:53 pm

Here was my week. Another high-volume mileage week with two runs of >30 miles. Training for a 24-Hour race in June.

M - 12 @ 7:30
Tu - 32 @ 8:27
W - 12 @ 7:30
Th - 15 @ 7:03
F - 13 @ 7:30
Sa - 31 @ 7:32
Su - 20 @ 8:15

Total Miles = 135
YTD Miles = 1,138
avatar
Don S
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 65
Points : 2389
Join date : 2011-06-21
Age : 43
Location : Minneapolis, MN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training March 5 - 11

Post  Jerry on Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:28 pm

38 miles.

Good job, Tim. Not really sure about your time, but suppose anything you do is P90X standard! Very Happy
avatar
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2708
Points : 1004157
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Where I'm Loved

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training March 5 - 11

Post  Schuey on Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:28 pm

Good looking week everyone!

Gobbles congrats on the win!

Tim wonderful job on the 60k!

Don another great week you are a machine. One these days in the future I will be able to keep up with you all!

Again fantastic job everyone
avatar
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2160
Points : 5401
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 46
Location : So Many Roads To Ease My Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training March 5 - 11

Post  Jerry on Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:29 pm

Gobbles wrote:
5K in 17:42 [1st OA cheers ]


Woot!
avatar
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2708
Points : 1004157
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Where I'm Loved

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training March 5 - 11

Post  Don S on Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:43 pm

Jerry wrote:
Gobbles wrote:
5K in 17:42 [1st OA cheers ]


Woot!

Yeah, that's an impressive time even without the 3.2 mile warmup beforehand. Nicely done!! Approval
avatar
Don S
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 65
Points : 2389
Join date : 2011-06-21
Age : 43
Location : Minneapolis, MN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training March 5 - 11

Post  wrichman on Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:48 pm

Don S wrote:Here was my week. Another high-volume mileage week with two runs of >30 miles. Training for a 24-Hour race in June.

M - 12 @ 7:30
Tu - 32 @ 8:27
W - 12 @ 7:30
Th - 15 @ 7:03
F - 13 @ 7:30
Sa - 31 @ 7:32
Su - 20 @ 8:15

Total Miles = 135
YTD Miles = 1,138

damn. you are a machine. a. do you work? b. how much do you sleep and eat?
avatar
wrichman
Poster
Poster

Posts : 245
Points : 2464
Join date : 2012-01-12
Location : Chicago, IL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training March 5 - 11

Post  Don S on Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:53 pm

wrichman wrote:
Don S wrote:Here was my week. Another high-volume mileage week with two runs of >30 miles. Training for a 24-Hour race in June.

M - 12 @ 7:30
Tu - 32 @ 8:27
W - 12 @ 7:30
Th - 15 @ 7:03
F - 13 @ 7:30
Sa - 31 @ 7:32
Su - 20 @ 8:15

Total Miles = 135
YTD Miles = 1,138

damn. you are a machine. a. do you work? b. how much do you sleep and eat?

Lol, yeah I do work but am the boss of my department so I have a lot of autonomy with my lunch time. Also helps that I'm one of the few in my office that doesn't go out for a "quick one".

I am usually good with 5 hours of sleep a night. Much more than I used to get when I was in college. I've been eating like a fat man at a buffet lately, just trying to keep my weight stable.

To be clear on last week though, I did have the day off on Tuesday so decided that I could spend 4+ hours of that time off running on the parkway near my house.
avatar
Don S
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 65
Points : 2389
Join date : 2011-06-21
Age : 43
Location : Minneapolis, MN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training March 5 - 11

Post  Jerry on Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:48 pm

Don S wrote:
wrichman wrote:
Don S wrote:Here was my week. Another high-volume mileage week with two runs of >30 miles. Training for a 24-Hour race in June.

M - 12 @ 7:30
Tu - 32 @ 8:27
W - 12 @ 7:30
Th - 15 @ 7:03
F - 13 @ 7:30
Sa - 31 @ 7:32
Su - 20 @ 8:15

Total Miles = 135
YTD Miles = 1,138

damn. you are a machine. a. do you work? b. how much do you sleep and eat?

Lol, yeah I do work but am the boss of my department so I have a lot of autonomy with my lunch time. Also helps that I'm one of the few in my office that doesn't go out for a "quick one".

I am usually good with 5 hours of sleep a night. Much more than I used to get when I was in college. I've been eating like a fat man at a buffet lately, just trying to keep my weight stable.

To be clear on last week though, I did have the day off on Tuesday so decided that I could spend 4+ hours of that time off running on the parkway near my house.

My boss' boss' boss is a runner. He once checked my race time and congratulated it in an email, copying my boss and his boss. So I told my wife it was very important for me to train and race well in order to get my consulting contract extended. lol!
avatar
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2708
Points : 1004157
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Where I'm Loved

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training March 5 - 11

Post  John Kilpatrick on Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:53 pm

Mike MacLellan wrote:Week X of Y for Boston - Last Build Week - from Memory

M - 1hr5min GA
T - 2hr40min w/ 5k' gain/loss
W - 45min recovery
Th - 1hr w/ 25min Hal-style tempo + 5min MP
F - 1hr30min w/ last 40min @ MP on some big hills
S - 45min easy
S - 30min recovery

Week - 8hr15min
Miles - just <60?
YTD - 300+?

Mike - catching up here, but you are doing great in your training - really cool to see!

mountandog wrote:Good week for a change. No injury > tendonitis seems to be gone.

Didn't get in the exact runs due to travel and business, but got the mileage in.

Mon - 6 recovery then flew to Mexico for business for the week
Tue - 5 on the treadmill -- man 4500 vertical feet in Mex City - I could feel it
Wed - 8 with 5x600 == now in Saltillo
Thu - 10 GA -- didn't want to get up, legs felt like lead, the altitude definitely takes getting used to
Fri - 5 recovery -- felt great
Sat -- home finally -- 10 with 7 @ MP
Sun - 20 @ 7:43 - about 12% above MP -- felt great. sunny 55 degrees. Feel surprising good tonight even after doing the Costco run.

65 for the week
637 for the year

Again, just catching up here, but it is great to see you running strong again without hurting. By the way, Chelsea I didn't get to spend any time with Chelsea (sick kid), but she had a great race and looked like she was running strong at mile 23. How did here surgery go? She has great potential for sure!

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:Life got better as the week ended................

Mon - 6.5 miles as speedwork - 2 x 1 mile followed by 2 x 800m Supposed to do 3 of each, but nasty cold prevented that
Tue - 6 miles easy
Wed - 9.25 miles - 1 mile, then 4 miles @ 7:45 (actually 7:35 ave), followed by 1 mile easy, then only 3.25 miles @ 7:35 ave. Felt awful. Very discouraged.
Thu - 6 miles + striders Felt better
Fri - 20.1 miles. Good run, surprised, but felt good and even ran hills from miles 10-16.5
Sat - 6.5 easy miles
Sun - Day off Daughter returned from Italy and had to pick her up from the airport. Needed the sleep and the cold is almost gone.

Week - 54.35 miles

Thought I was going over the abyss, but might have caught myself in time. We will see.
Cold/allergies? Another solid week - as usual...

Dave Bussard wrote:

Man, isn't that weird? Mine disappeared just as fast!

Had a good week...Feeling pretty good these days.

Mon: 10 miles in 1:08:54 (6:53 pace)
Tue: am: 4 easy; pm:7 easy
Wed: 10 mile progression in 1:05:25 (6:32 pace) 7:16>5:59
Thu: am: 4 easy; pm: 7 easy
Fri: 9.1 miles easy
Sat: 14 miles in 1:34:10 (6:43 pace)
Sun: 7.1 miles easy

Week: 72.2
Year: 507.5
Another solid week, Dave and glad to hear you're back to normal!!!

T Miller wrote:Taper and race.

Mon: double ab ripper + 20 min elliptical
Tue: off
Wed: off
Thu: 2 miles
Fri: 4 miles
Sat: 60k 5:35
Sun: off

WTD: 43
YTD: 459
Good gracious Tim - awesome run! Can't believe you were able to pull that off with a pace in the 8s. Holy smokes. Did you post a report yet? Great job buddy!!!

wrichman wrote:Tmiller - great 60k! fantastic time.
Gobbles - congrats on the win!

recovery week
M - 8 am, 4 pm easy
T - 13 ga, Ironstrength
W - 15 w/ 7 @ 7:03-7:13 tempo
Th - elliptical 80 min. freak out over possible stress fx
F - MRI no stress fx, tendonitis in foot, easy 8 miles no pain at all. weird
Sat - drove to Waterfall Glen trail for a hilly 21 avg. 8:30
Sun - recovery 6, 40 min. easy elliptical

75 mpw. 120 elliptical.
Great to hear no stress fracture!

Don S wrote:Here was my week. Another high-volume mileage week with two runs of >30 miles. Training for a 24-Hour race in June.

M - 12 @ 7:30
Tu - 32 @ 8:27
W - 12 @ 7:30
Th - 15 @ 7:03
F - 13 @ 7:30
Sa - 31 @ 7:32
Su - 20 @ 8:15

Total Miles = 135
YTD Miles = 1,138
I'm completely stunned at what you can accomplish Don, you are a machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1542
Points : 4199
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 47
Location : Leesburg, GA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training March 5 - 11

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum