365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

New Idea?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Idea?

Post  Schuey on Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:42 pm

So I was thinking today, yes I know that is hard to believe Schuey thinking. That between Tim and Sara Jane and others knowing some Elite runners and that with others of us with such a great interest in running and others with talents of writing maybe we can find a way to bring a cool feature to these boards for us runners by either hosting a round table with Elite runners or Top 100 type runners and ask them questions live on a given night if they were willing to do it.

Also maybe some of us can use are contacts to be able to contact race directors or other top runners and if they didn't want to be a part of a live round table maybe we could interview them by email or phone and then post the interview here on these forums.

I know we can read magazines and other sites to get information on runners and etc. but what do you all think? Do you think that would be a cool little feature to try to offer to our little community or am I just being silly?
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Idea?

Post  Nick Morris on Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:45 pm

I like that idea. It would generate some great conversations. Plus, we could get answers to the questions that we want, in real-time. I would be definitely interested in it.
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim M on Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:05 pm

I'm not sure if you could get a live chat, but I do know that many will respond to question in an email. We could have a thread to come up with questions to ask and then compile a list and post the responses.
Tim M
Poster
Poster

View user profile http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey on Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:26 pm

@Tim M wrote:I'm not sure if you could get a live chat, but I do know that many will respond to question in an email. We could have a thread to come up with questions to ask and then compile a list and post the responses.

Yep that is what I was thinking of. I love the fact that the line of questions would come from the I-teamers. Think that it would be fun and a great way for all of use to get involved more with our sport and be able to learn more about.
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. on Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:18 am

Very nice idea. need volunteers to take on certain responsibilities?
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey on Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:38 am

@Kenny B. wrote:Very nice idea. need volunteers to take on certain responsibilities?

Yes, but I figured I would first throw out the idea and see if people liked it. Then we can try and setup a group that would over see it.
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim M on Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:41 am

I think it would be fun and informative.
Tim M
Poster
Poster

View user profile http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:13 am

Good idea. I can always be the substitute celebrity. Very Happy
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Ruggiero on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:53 am

Sounds like an amazing idea to me!
Neil Ruggiero
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula Sue on Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:42 pm

Excellent idea, Schuey! Cool how things are shaping up here in this new virtual community. Good job everyone!
Paula Sue
Poster
Poster

View user profile http://oceanbreeze-lake-erie.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey on Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:15 pm

I love this idea!!! How/when do we get it going?
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Excellent idea

Post  stephenbarryfreedman on Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:23 pm

Great idea---Deena Kastor replies to emails as well. She would be a perfect person to approach
Stephen
stephenbarryfreedman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:46 pm

If anyone is interested, John Tuttle, a former Olympian, lives and runs in Atlanta for the ATC Masters Mens team. I'm not back in Atlanta until late August, but I'm sure I could get him to participate especially if any of you Masters and/or almost Masters want to pick his brain. I believe that DAveB knows him.

I am also friends with Benji Durden (3rd in Boston in 1983) and his wife, Amie. Amie and I have run several marathons together with another mutual friend. It is possible we could coerce Benji to talk with us, again if anyone wnats to talk to a former elite and masters runner.
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey on Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:16 pm

@stephenbarryfreedman wrote:Great idea---Deena Kastor replies to emails as well. She would be a perfect person to approach
Stephen

Thanks Stephen. We sent Deena an email to see if she would like to partake. We also sent Desiree an email also.

@Michele "1L" Keane wrote:If anyone is interested, John Tuttle, a former Olympian, lives and runs in Atlanta for the ATC Masters Mens team. I'm not back in Atlanta until late August, but I'm sure I could get him to participate especially if any of you Masters and/or almost Masters want to pick his brain. I believe that DAveB knows him.

I am also friends with Benji Durden (3rd in Boston in 1983) and his wife, Amie. Amie and I have run several marathons together with another mutual friend. It is possible we could coerce Benji to talk with us, again if anyone wnats to talk to a former elite and masters runner.

Michele I think that this would be a great idea. Thanks a lot for bring these guys up.

It seems like a lot of you feel that this would be a pretty cool idea. So lets see what we can get going on this. If anyone has any more ideas or wants to help getting the ball rolling lets toss some more ideas out there and see where we can go with this. Seems pretty exciting to me.
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey on Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:20 pm

@Michele "1L" Keane wrote:If anyone is interested, John Tuttle, a former Olympian, lives and runs in Atlanta for the ATC Masters Mens team. I'm not back in Atlanta until late August, but I'm sure I could get him to participate especially if any of you Masters and/or almost Masters want to pick his brain. I believe that DAveB knows him.

WOW! How wonderful and exciting that would be Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Thank you so much Michele for offering to do this. I really think we would benefit greatly for any advice they could provide. Again, thank you!
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG on Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:30 pm

I love this idea! Very cool! The live chat would be really neat and if we had the right PR person, we could probably get some to do an hour every now and then. They are all just as passionate as we are, why wouldn't they want to promote themselves with the best running community on the internet?

Great idea! You keep on thinking!
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O on Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:40 pm

Love this idea, and it sounds like we have a number of connections.

Let's not rush into anything though. We need to define what it is we want from our guest "speakers" before making our sales pitch. I think this idea has real potential!!!
Dave-O

View user profile http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:42 pm

@Dave-O wrote:Love this idea, and it sounds like we have a number of connections.

Let's not rush into anything though. We need to define what it is we want from our guest "speakers" before making our sales pitch. I think this idea has real potential!!!

I agree with Dave on this one. We should really plan things out prior to jumping in. That way we can make professional type pitches to some high quality runners/speakers.
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey on Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:46 pm

@Dave-O wrote:Love this idea, and it sounds like we have a number of connections.

Yep I agree with you 100%. Just to clarify the email that was sent to Deena and Desiree was more to test the waters to see if they would be open to such a thing as being interviewed by email and having it posted here just to see what type of response we would get.

I think that you are right Dave that we really have to define and organize this whole things so that it comes off well polished and looks like we know what we are doing.
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick on Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:10 am

me thinks the idea is great - I can't wait to see where it goes!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Bussard on Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:40 am

Other than racing next to him a few times, chatting after races & FB friends, I can't say I know him very well. But I do know what his backside looks like running away from me...
Dave Bussard
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top