365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

iTEAM Leaderboard?

Go down

iTEAM Leaderboard?

Post  Kenny B. on Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:24 am

I saved the vteam leader board. Any interest in having me continue it? Can we make it a sticky thread? Should it be yearly or keep it lifetime from 2010 on? And where should it be posted?


Last edited by Kenny B. on Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2036
Points : 4935
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 45
Location : Jersey Shore!

View user profile http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Re: iTEAM Leaderboard?

Post  Schuey on Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:36 am

@Kenny B. wrote:I saved the vteam leader board. Any interest in having me continue it? Can we make it a sticky thread? Should it be yearly or keep it lifetime from 2010 on? And where should it be posted?

Yeah I think that would be a great idea Kenny.
avatar
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2160
Points : 5586
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 46
Location : So Many Roads To Ease My Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: iTEAM Leaderboard?

Post  Nick Morris on Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:48 am

@Schuey wrote:
@Kenny B. wrote:I saved the vteam leader board. Any interest in having me continue it? Can we make it a sticky thread? Should it be yearly or keep it lifetime from 2010 on? And where should it be posted?

Yeah I think that would be a great idea Kenny.

+1
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 12085
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: iTEAM Leaderboard?

Post  Sam from RonItch! on Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:53 am

What's a leaderboard? I haven't been online in years. I forget all the stuff! bounce bounce bounce bounce
avatar
Sam from RonItch!
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 60
Points : 2575
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 50
Location : Overland Park, KS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: iTEAM Leaderboard?

Post  Tim M on Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:53 am

Ill have to run all the odd-distance races cause that would be the only way I'd make the list.

12k anyone?
avatar
Tim M
Poster
Poster

Posts : 414
Points : 2951
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 52
Location : 5280

View user profile http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: iTEAM Leaderboard?

Post  Martin VW on Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:58 am

@Nick Morris wrote:
@Schuey wrote:
@Kenny B. wrote:I saved the vteam leader board. Any interest in having me continue it? Can we make it a sticky thread? Should it be yearly or keep it lifetime from 2010 on? And where should it be posted?

Yeah I think that would be a great idea Kenny.

+1

Not sure. Are you saying carry it over as is? What if someone never migrates over, do they still show?

Personally I like the concept but have always found the parameters a little lacking - is someone that never participates in the community still a part of the community, such that they can hold a spot on the tote board?
avatar
Martin VW
Poster
Poster

Posts : 299
Points : 2845
Join date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: iTEAM Leaderboard?

Post  Schuey on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:00 am

@Sam from RonItch! wrote:What's a leaderboard? I haven't been online in years. I forget all the stuff! bounce bounce bounce bounce

Sam, Kenny started a leaderboard or you could call a record board for different race distance and AG's. The start date was sometime last year but if you went out and ran a 5k race and the time was the best or better then someone who already had a 5k time on the leaderboard at your AG then your name will take the 5k record. Once Kenny posts it, it will make complete sense to you, if I didn't do a good job of trying to explain it.

Speaking of it Kenny since Greg still hasn't try to over take the marathon spot for the 35-39 group you can change that time to my 2:49:16 from Boston. Last race for me before I become a master runner and move to the 40 AG.
avatar
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2160
Points : 5586
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 46
Location : So Many Roads To Ease My Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: iTEAM Leaderboard?

Post  Tim M on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:24 am

@Martin VW wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@Schuey wrote:
@Kenny B. wrote:I saved the vteam leader board. Any interest in having me continue it? Can we make it a sticky thread? Should it be yearly or keep it lifetime from 2010 on? And where should it be posted?

Yeah I think that would be a great idea Kenny.

+1

Not sure. Are you saying carry it over as is? What if someone never migrates over, do they still show?

Personally I like the concept but have always found the parameters a little lacking - is someone that never participates in the community still a part of the community, such that they can hold a spot on the tote board?

Every now and then I agree with Marthin VW ( Very Happy ) and this is one of them. His comments are spot on.
avatar
Tim M
Poster
Poster

Posts : 414
Points : 2951
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 52
Location : 5280

View user profile http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: iTEAM Leaderboard?

Post  Jerry on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:25 am

@Schuey wrote:I become a master runner and move to the 40 AG.

Oh no. Can I check your birth certificate? Very Happy
avatar
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2710
Points : 1004346
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Where I'm Loved

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: iTEAM Leaderboard?

Post  Jerry on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:27 am

@Tim M wrote:
@Martin VW wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@Schuey wrote:
@Kenny B. wrote:I saved the vteam leader board. Any interest in having me continue it? Can we make it a sticky thread? Should it be yearly or keep it lifetime from 2010 on? And where should it be posted?

Yeah I think that would be a great idea Kenny.

+1

Not sure. Are you saying carry it over as is? What if someone never migrates over, do they still show?

Personally I like the concept but have always found the parameters a little lacking - is someone that never participates in the community still a part of the community, such that they can hold a spot on the tote board?

Every now and then I agree with Marthin VW ( Very Happy ) and this is one of them. His comments are spot on.

In that content, only the time after the forum's birth is counted.
avatar
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2710
Points : 1004346
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Where I'm Loved

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: iTEAM Leaderboard?

Post  Schuey on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:55 am

@Jerry wrote:
@Schuey wrote:I become a master runner and move to the 40 AG.

Oh no. Can I check your birth certificate? Very Happy

You sure can Sir! I can produce that right away Wink
avatar
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2160
Points : 5586
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 46
Location : So Many Roads To Ease My Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: iTEAM Leaderboard?

Post  Schuey on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:57 am

@Jerry wrote:
@Tim M wrote:
@Martin VW wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@Schuey wrote:
@Kenny B. wrote:I saved the vteam leader board. Any interest in having me continue it? Can we make it a sticky thread? Should it be yearly or keep it lifetime from 2010 on? And where should it be posted?

Yeah I think that would be a great idea Kenny.

+1

Not sure. Are you saying carry it over as is? What if someone never migrates over, do they still show?

Personally I like the concept but have always found the parameters a little lacking - is someone that never participates in the community still a part of the community, such that they can hold a spot on the tote board?

Every now and then I agree with Marthin VW ( Very Happy ) and this is one of them. His comments are spot on.

In that content, only the time after the forum's birth is counted.

Wow VW you are on a roll today.
avatar
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2160
Points : 5586
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 46
Location : So Many Roads To Ease My Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: iTEAM Leaderboard?

Post  Kenny B. on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:30 pm

Martin what would you suggest? It is open for change of course.
avatar
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2036
Points : 4935
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 45
Location : Jersey Shore!

View user profile http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Re: iTEAM Leaderboard?

Post  Schuey on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:45 pm

@Kenny B. wrote:Martin what would you suggest? It is open for change of course.

I would be interested to finding out more of what he means by lacking parameters? I'm not sure how many more rules we can put into a record board. I mean we have it broken down by age group and we have a good number of distances in there.

As for the records right now I guess the choices are simple:

1. Leave all the records intact.
2. Remove records of people that have not come over
3. Start the whole thing over with I-Team members
4. Talk about and add new parameters and improve on what we already have.

Oh wait this guess was for the other Martin Wink


Last edited by Schuey on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2160
Points : 5586
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 46
Location : So Many Roads To Ease My Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: iTEAM Leaderboard?

Post  Tim M on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:55 pm

Just a couple of thoughts.

I would like to see 2 lists, one all-time and the other for the current year. Like this year Desiree Davila is the fastest US woman, but 3rd all-time.

After starting a new i-team list, those that don't stick around would be dropped. Not sure what parameters to put around how to determine who is still active on the site.
avatar
Tim M
Poster
Poster

Posts : 414
Points : 2951
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 52
Location : 5280

View user profile http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: iTEAM Leaderboard?

Post  Schuey on Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:04 pm

@Tim M wrote:Just a couple of thoughts.

I would like to see 2 lists, one all-time and the other for the current year. Like this year Desiree Davila is the fastest US woman, but 3rd all-time.

After starting a new i-team list, those that don't stick around would be dropped. Not sure what parameters to put around how to determine who is still active on the site.


Great idea Tim about the 2 lists. I really like that idea of recognizing people's performance on a yearly bases.

Desiree sure did put on a performance in Boston this year. She just made her move to early! Darn
avatar
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2160
Points : 5586
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 46
Location : So Many Roads To Ease My Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: iTEAM Leaderboard?

Post  Tim M on Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:10 pm

@Schuey wrote:
@Tim M wrote:Just a couple of thoughts.

I would like to see 2 lists, one all-time and the other for the current year. Like this year Desiree Davila is the fastest US woman, but 3rd all-time.

After starting a new i-team list, those that don't stick around would be dropped. Not sure what parameters to put around how to determine who is still active on the site.


Great idea Tim about the 2 lists. I really like that idea of recognizing people's performance on a yearly bases.

Desiree sure did put on a performance in Boston this year. She just made her move to early! Darn

Desi had talked about that and she really felt that she had to when she did. She was tanked and thought it was her last chance. But I agree, what if she made that love 200 yards later and not leave room for a response?
avatar
Tim M
Poster
Poster

Posts : 414
Points : 2951
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 52
Location : 5280

View user profile http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: iTEAM Leaderboard?

Post  Kenny B. on Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:33 pm

I agree on the 2 nd list I can carry over the old one start new for 2011. Thoughts?
avatar
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2036
Points : 4935
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 45
Location : Jersey Shore!

View user profile http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Re: iTEAM Leaderboard?

Post  Martin VW on Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:43 pm

What I found somewhat odd about the last list was, we had people (only a few) that ONLY visited the Boards to post a time for the list. Never posted to the Boards, never blogged, nothing. Maybe we'd get a race report, but that's about it.

How is that being a member of a community? It's like the neighbor that never sets foot out of the house and doesn't wave when they drive by.

I don't know how to "fix" it, but we have a fresh start, so we can have fresh ideas. Maybe a minimum mmonthly post count, like 10? I would think anyone can manage one post every three days.

I'd suggest we only count the records of people that register here and, as I said, maybe post some minimum number of times per month. Not trying to create a huge bureaucracy here, but some of the newer Board "regulars" probably have no idea who some of the people that have records - posted in the last year - are.

The second list idea is a good one, but it IS twice the work.
avatar
Martin VW
Poster
Poster

Posts : 299
Points : 2845
Join date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: iTEAM Leaderboard?

Post  Jerry on Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:51 pm

@Martin VW wrote:What I found somewhat odd about the last list was, we had people (only a few) that ONLY visited the Boards to post a time for the list. Never posted to the Boards, never blogged, nothing. Maybe we'd get a race report, but that's about it.

How is that being a member of a community? It's like the neighbor that never sets foot out of the house and doesn't wave when they drive by.

I don't know how to "fix" it, but we have a fresh start, so we can have fresh ideas. Maybe a minimum mmonthly post count, like 10? I would think anyone can manage one post every three days.

I'd suggest we only count the records of people that register here and, as I said, maybe post some minimum number of times per month. Not trying to create a huge bureaucracy here, but some of the newer Board "regulars" probably have no idea who some of the people that have records - posted in the last year - are.

The second list idea is a good one, but it IS twice the work.

Well, if someone lives in your community, wave or not, he/she is part of the community. I would be very hesitant to impose any conditions. Practically, this is not a Harvard club, I doubt many if any would register just so he/she can put the time on the board. bounce

I tend not to want to carry over any data from Hal's board.
avatar
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2710
Points : 1004346
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Where I'm Loved

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: iTEAM Leaderboard?

Post  Tim M on Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:11 pm

Don't carry over. Fresh boards = fresh list.
avatar
Tim M
Poster
Poster

Posts : 414
Points : 2951
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 52
Location : 5280

View user profile http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: iTEAM Leaderboard?

Post  Schuey on Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:47 pm

@Jerry wrote:Well, if someone lives in your community, wave or not, he/she is part of the community. I would be very hesitant to impose any conditions. Practically, this is not a Harvard club, I doubt many if any would register just so he/she can put the time on the board. bounce

I tend not to want to carry over any data from Hal's board.

I agree with Jerry on the community issue. To hold someone to having to post to be apart of records may shy them away if anything. Like Jerry I just don't see anyone being apart of these forums to put up a time. Dang Jerry you pretty clever for a Texan.

@Tim M wrote:Don't carry over. Fresh boards = fresh list.

Yes my vote would be for starting over from new also! And my vote is also for having the 2 list. 1. for All-time records and the other for yearly records.
avatar
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2160
Points : 5586
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 46
Location : So Many Roads To Ease My Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: iTEAM Leaderboard?

Post  Peg Coover on Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:49 pm

@Tim M wrote:Don't carry over. Fresh boards = fresh list.

Maybe I can get my name back on for a little while again, then, until Michele blows me away, that speedster!!
avatar
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Posts : 669
Points : 3228
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Nebraska

View user profile http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Re: iTEAM Leaderboard?

Post  Jerry on Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:59 pm

Technically it would be very easy for me to build a DB to store ALL members' race results with age etc info, then reports can be pulled to view the data anyway one pretty much wishes. It seems to be an overkill, but since I thought about it, I will just throw it out there.
avatar
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2710
Points : 1004346
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Where I'm Loved

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: iTEAM Leaderboard?

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:50 pm

@Peg Coover wrote:
@Tim M wrote:Don't carry over. Fresh boards = fresh list.

Maybe I can get my name back on for a little while again, then, until Michele blows me away, that speedster!!

Hehehe.................. I'm coming Peg Twisted Evil
avatar
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4804
Points : 11432
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 56
Location : Cleveland (Bay Village), OH/Atlanta, GA

View user profile http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: iTEAM Leaderboard?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum