365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What to listen?

4 posters

Go down

What to listen? Empty What to listen?

Post  Jerry Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:25 pm

Really tired of listen to trash music aka the ones from iTune hit list. Well, I will still listen to them, but am looking to expand my options to make the boring runs less boring or Jerry less lazy. Here are my thoughts and hope you can fill in specific titles etc. Any other suggestions are welcome too.

1. Audio books: I don't like novel. I never like to read. This may be tough. But I like things not too deep. Here are ones I have listened: Steve Jobs, Art of the War, primarily just to learn how it is written in English. :lol!:Have listened several brief American history books.
  2. Classic Music: I like to listen a classic music appreciation book to dummy.
  3. Any fun/interesting podcast?

Anyway, what are you listening when you are running, except one more night?
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

What to listen? Empty Re: What to listen?

Post  Diego Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:49 pm

Jerry wrote:Really tired of listen to trash music aka the ones from iTune hit list. Well, I will still listen to them, but am looking to expand my options to make the boring runs less boring or Jerry less lazy. Here are my thoughts and hope you can fill in specific titles etc. Any other suggestions are welcome too.

1. Audio books: I don't like novel. I never like to read. This may be tough. But I like things not too deep. Here are ones I have listened: Steve Jobs, Art of the War, primarily just to learn how it is written in English. :lol!:Have listened several brief American history books.
  2. Classic Music: I like to listen a classic music appreciation book to dummy.
  3. Any fun/interesting podcast?

Anyway, what are you listening when you are running, except one more night?

I like these really cool groups called The Whispering Oak Trees and The Splashing Waves. The Call of the Loon is another fave. clown
Diego
Diego
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:02 pm

Run harder. Music is for joggers.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:08 pm

A podcast that I enjoy is "Wait,Wait Don't Tell Me", after all, Peter Sagal is a marathoner. Not sure if you can listen while running as I have never tried (I do not run with an iPod - I know, old school).

Some good classic music that I can see being fun to run to would be Appalachian Spring or Ballad of Billy the Kid or Fanfare for the Common Man by Aaron Copeland. You should get a good dose of American composers.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down