365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Driftin & Dreaming...

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Driftin & Dreaming...

Post  Matt W on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:07 pm

How long does it take to fix a Mac? Just text me about your runs and I'll repost it for everyone. Smile
Matt W
Poster
Poster

View user profile http://www.redrockrunningcompany.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:48 pm

Matt W wrote:
How long does it take to fix a Mac? Just text me about your runs and I'll repost it for everyone. Smile

Matt you know you are such a smart ass. Just kidding. Well it was supposed to be in to get fixed this past weekend but since trying to back-up my hard drive at the Apple store was taking to long, I finished the back-up at home. Will take it back to Apple this weekend, once they have it will take 2 to 3 days for them to replace my monitor. Basically they need to put a new monitor on it.

I think Lisa was trying to sabotage me!!!

Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:44 pm

When is wine and treadmill tempo night at the Schumacher household?
Dave-O

View user profile http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:05 pm

Dave-O wrote:When is wine and treadmill tempo night at the Schumacher household?
Yeah! Good question Dave.
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey on Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:08 pm

Alright no bullshit I will have some updates on what the heck is going on! I have come to the realization that I not only need but I want to share more of thoughts and thinking on training. And also things that are going on in my life outside of running. I can't express how different things are but all things are great. I think the most challenging thing for Lisa and I is that we have no family that lives here in Chicago anymore and well that means no grandparents to watch Kristina from time to time to give us a break.

I have learned a lot about time management and how to juggle things around that I finally think I at least have it figured out for a while! HaHa

I also have to admit that I really thought we would have are new treadmill back in Nov. which would have really made things a lot easier as far as training goes. It now looks like we will most likely be getting some time in April. What a fucking bummer!!!! Oh well it's all good.

Again I'm really fired up and excited about the goals I have set for myself this coming summer and fall!! I can't wait to share with you all. I have made a promise to myself that I want to share my running life in this blog and blogs to come. It has taken me a while to make that decision but the thought process and reason is something that will be sharing with all of my running buddies in a different setting and forum. afro
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. on Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:24 pm

Just able to pull some time to read the boards and yours was the first I got to. I can relate to the challenges of maintaining enthusiasm for running. (see my latest entry). Glad to hear you are pulling it together to make it work for you so you can be challenged once again and gain back the fire to run and run hard. Not easy to do, but you know you have it in you because you've done it before. once have it in you never lose it. Just a matter of tapping into it and it sounds like you are doing just that.
Wish the best!
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:31 pm

Schuey wrote: I think the most challenging thing for Lisa and I is that we have no family that lives here in Chicago anymore and well that means no grandparents to watch Kristina from time to time to give us a break.

I lived this too, so I totally get it. We do what we do and it gets done! My parents and inlaws both live in Boston - we haven't lived there since 1990, and my daughter was born in 1993. We figure it out, yes we do. For the time being just enjoy - there is no pressure.
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie on Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:33 pm

We don't have family around to watch our child either. Really, for exercise, we've had to figure out not exercising at the same time which for me typically means 5 a.m. before my husband leaves for work and for him is biking to and from work. Hang in there. Sorry about the treadmill.
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt W on Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:28 pm

Schuey wrote: I think the most challenging thing for Lisa and I is that we have no family that lives here in Chicago anymore and well that means no grandparents to watch Kristina from time to time to give us a break.

My cousin Walt and his wife just had a baby girl, so maybe you could trade off on play dates. Smile

I hope things are going well with you guys. The treadmill will probably arrive just in time for the weather to get nice and stay nice.
Matt W
Poster
Poster

View user profile http://www.redrockrunningcompany.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick on Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:11 pm

Can relate to the family thing - lot of treadmill running for me these days as well. Must be something big going on for the secrecy haha.

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:32 pm

Kenny B. wrote:Just able to pull some time to read the boards and yours was the first I got to. I can relate to the challenges of maintaining enthusiasm for running. (see my latest entry). Glad to hear you are pulling it together to make it work for you so you can be challenged once again and gain back the fire to run and run hard. Not easy to do, but you know you have it in you because you've done it before. once have it in you never lose it. Just a matter of tapping into it and it sounds like you are doing just that.
Wish the best!

Hey Kenny, yep not easy but something that I keep plugging away at day after day. I figure if I keep doing that I will eventually find myself where I want to be!
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:37 pm

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:

I lived this too, so I totally get it. We do what we do and it gets done! My parents and inlaws both live in Boston - we haven't lived there since 1990, and my daughter was born in 1993. We figure it out, yes we do. For the time being just enjoy - there is no pressure.

I'm learning that it is all I can do right? It's funny how plans have changed for this years Boston but like you said it is time to just enjoy. The training will come and I know as time goes on the race times and goals that I would like to achieve will have there moment in time. Right now it is all about enjoying my little girl and family and allow running to be an outlet to relax and have some fun.

Julie wrote:We don't have family around to watch our child either. Really, for exercise, we've had to figure out not exercising at the same time which for me typically means 5 a.m. before my husband leaves for work and for him is biking to and from work. Hang in there. Sorry about the treadmill.

Yeah with the warmer weather on the way and hopefully I treadmill, I just may start running after work again from time to time. Which for me would mean doing it around 2am in the morning. Then again maybe not with doing that it takes away from family time during the day because I would end up sleeping in to late. I do believe that I have a good plan in place that will allow me to run the high mileage that I want it is just going to take a little time to get there.
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:06 pm

Matt W wrote:

My cousin Walt and his wife just had a baby girl, so maybe you could trade off on play dates. Smile

I hope things are going well with you guys. The treadmill will probably arrive just in time for the weather to get nice and stay nice.

Hey Matt tell Walt we said congrats!!! Yeah play dates this is what my life has come to now?? HaHa won't change it for the world.

We are doing great everyday is a new day and with that new challenges arrive but it is all totally welcomed. If anything this whole experience is teaching me how to adapt and adjust on the fly, hey wait kinda like running a race. Who would have every guessed that racing and raising a child, work and family could all relate to one another!

Yeah I'm sure the treadmill will be here just in time for warmer weather. Which is still find with me because I be using it for my training year round now. The mill is going to make it possible for me to be able to get two runs in a day and will allow me to be home to see Kristina during that run. Plus it will help save time when I only have a little a time to get a run in and then hop off and jump in the shower. These days it is all about time management Sunday though Thursday for me. I starting to get it if figured out and as I have already stated everyday becomes a little easier, I adapt and before I know it I will have it figured out the best I can to were it works for me and my family.

I totally believe in that and I believe that I will reach the goals that I have planned for the future. It's just about believing, doing, motivation,f faith, patience and time. It will happen!!!!
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey on Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:34 pm

Yes this blog is alive and yes there will be more posting to it. I have to admit it has taken me longer then I thought to go through the process of setting up my training plans for this coming fall.

I believe I found myself jumping into things way to quickly and really didn't think things through for Boston. I thought I would just jump right back into things and it would all come together for a Bull style kick ass Boston race this year. Well I found out that wasn't going to be the case. I have run into some new challenges and learning how to restructure my training in ways that i haven't really thought about before.

I thought that I would just go about things like I have in the past with a very loose training plan and just go with the flow. Well, with other commitments in my life there is now a need for some organization to my madness. I really found myself over the past few months not necessary struggling but more like finding my way again with running/training. I really feel that I have made some wonderful strides in the right direction and that things are now going in a positive forward motion. This is a good thing and a lot of great valuable lessons have been learned throughout this process.

Again I really think with the death of my grandpa I was in a place with my running were I was struggling at best. I felt that at the time that grandpa would be a great motivator to get back into serious training. Well grandpa is still a huge motivating factor but I founded/learned that you can never rush something that is not ready to be done. To be honest I wasn't 100% committed to what need to be done to be serious about hard training. Therefore as stated above I found myself treading water but at the same time found myself having fun with running and really falling back in love with.

So were does that bring me now?

Well, it leaves me with Boston being a long run that I'm going to do for fun. And I really don't care about time, I care more about using it as a measuring stick to were my base is at this given point. It will also be apart of my build-up to my main goal for this fall JFK 50 miler.

Yep, JFK 50 miler is the pinnacle of my training/plans this year!! This is a race that I can already taste in my mouth and one that I look to repeat a wonderful experience by putting in the performance I know I can.

Plans for JFK 50 miler are 90% complete. I thought I would have everything finished for complete posting today but there is a lot involved. I'm really putting in a serious thought process and purpose to what/why I'm doing with my training.

I will share that there are 3 races (other than Boston) that I will be doing durning my 34 week training for JFK!

- BigTen 10k (July 27th)
- North Country 50 miler (August 24th)
- Chicago Marathon (October 13th)

I 100% guarantee that there is much more to follow and a consistent dose of posting for this training cycle. I'M ALL IN and 110% FULLLY INVESTED BULL STYLE!!!!!

Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:10 pm

would be fun to be the matador in this ring Very Happy
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:58 pm

Guess you can run real slow with me then at Boston Wink Looking forward to following along and seeing you this year at JFK.
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey on Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:21 pm

mountandog wrote:would be fun to be the matador in this ring Very Happy

Smile ! By the way hope you sign-up for JFK! It sure is a blast to run and mental mind bender!!!

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:Guess you can run real slow with me then at Boston Wink Looking forward to following along and seeing you this year at JFK.

Well Michele you never know! Hey by the way the plan for JFK this year is to leave on Wednesday ( I think) so if you want to drive out east with us you are more than welcome. I can 110% guarantee we will be making the trip this year. So again you are more than welcome to drive with us and hang with Kristina!!!!
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:23 pm

Schuey wrote:

Smile ! By the way hope you sign-up for JFK! It sure is a blast to run and mental mind bender!!!

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:Guess you can run real slow with me then at Boston Wink Looking forward to following along and seeing you this year at JFK.

Well Michele you never know! Hey by the way the plan for JFK this year is to leave on Wednesday ( I think) so if you want to drive out east with us you are more than welcome. I can 110% guarantee we will be making the trip this year. So again you are more than welcome to drive with us and hang with Kristina!!!!

I will keep that in mind, Schuey. It would be a fun time and a fun drive, since Kristina will be at a great age by then!
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey on Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:04 pm

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:
Schuey wrote:

I will keep that in mind, Schuey. It would be a fun time and a fun drive, since Kristina will be at a great age by then!

Yes it would and it would be great to have you along for the ride!!!
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey on Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:05 pm

To keep to my promise there will be some good updates on training plan and running for this week. But you all will have to stay tune until I get back from a run!
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B on Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:13 am

Have a great race on Monday, Schuey! It's always fun to see how you can turn it on for these big events.

Release the bull!
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:39 pm

Shuey - good to see you and Lisa again in BOS. I was wondering, what kind of TM do you have on order. My sister is looking for a good one.
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:27 am

mountandog wrote:Shuey - good to see you and Lisa again in BOS. I was wondering, what kind of TM do you have on order. My sister is looking for a good one.

Hey Michael it was great to see you in Boston and see you at the start of the race on Monday! By the way great job so close to that sub 3!

As for the Treadmill we are getting that new "Boston Marathon Treadmill" that was at the expo. And the good news on that is we were told yesterday that it has been shipped and not only did we get it for half off I was still upset about how long it has taken and now they have given us 1 year of free IFIT which I think cost something a like a 100 or 200 dollars.

Hey don't forget we will need to get together for some runs on the trails in Michigan for JFK training!!
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:17 am

Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:35 am

Super cute pic. I have a pic of J trying to eat my medal from a half marathon when she was about that age. Gotta love those teethers, right? So glad you guys are OK and hope you can get some extra rest this coming week.
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top