365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

columbia cool max?

5 posters

Go down

columbia cool max? Empty columbia cool max?

Post  amyjoann Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:46 pm

Has anyone tried the columbia products that claim to cool as you sweat they have shirts visors ( I ordered on of those) and I think shorts What a Face
amyjoann
amyjoann
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

columbia cool max? Empty Re: columbia cool max?

Post  Ben Z Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:49 pm

amyjoann wrote:Has anyone tried the columbia products that claim to cool as you sweat they have shirts visors ( I ordered on of those) and I think shorts What a Face

Yes, it's the same stuff found in the Way2Cool line of products from Mountain Hardwear as I believe Columbia owns Mountain Hardwear.

The Way2Cool shirt I have from MH is really great. But the way it cools is that it sort of stays wet when you sweat so you feel like there is a breeze at all times. So it doesn't dry very fast I think and chafing could be an issue for long efforts if you are not careful.

I plan to pick up a pair of the arm coolers with this technology for my upcoming 50 miler.
Ben Z
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  carleenp Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:09 pm

I just got two shirts a week ago, a v neck and a tank top. They work, but for the sweat to activate it, the shirt needs to be fairly tight. I opted for looser shirts and just wet them down at a drinking fountain. They don't get super cold, but they stayed cool for an hour in the sun. The fabric also is good quality and wicking (although I kind of killed that part by wetting down the shirts so much). The women's V-neck fits a bit odd. It puckers up around the neck, but was still comfortable. I like them, but they are pricey.
carleenp
carleenp
Regular
Regular

http://beautyandfashiontech.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:48 pm

I think I might be getting one for Father's Day...
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:25 pm

I just saw a running hat Columbia made with the same technology. Holy cow! Thirty-eight bucks? It might work, but you'd better need it all the time to justify the expense.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  carleenp Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:39 pm

Mark B wrote:I just saw a running hat Columbia made with the same technology. Holy cow! Thirty-eight bucks? It might work, but you'd better need it all the time to justify the expense.

I wear a hat all the time and love the fabric. I just ordered a hat!
carleenp
carleenp
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  carleenp Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:16 pm

carleenp wrote:

Mark B wrote:I just saw a running hat Columbia made with the same technology. Holy cow! Thirty-eight bucks? It might work, but you'd better need it all the time to justify the expense.

I wear a hat all the time and love the fabric. I just ordered a hat!

I ran with the hat for the first time today. The cooling stuff is in the sweatband on it. It totally worked! It also made the bill of the hat downright cold. I don't know how much of an overall cooling effect it had for my body, but I did like it. The hat is also super lightweight, which I like. Overall I love the hat more than the shirts.
carleenp
carleenp
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:14 pm

JohnP wrote:I think I might be getting one for Father's Day...

Well, I did get one, but it's been too cool to use it in the mornings when I run. But it looks like the first sustained heat wave is heading here in a few days so I'll try it out. I wonder how many cancer-causing elements are in that sucker.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down