365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

MCM or Bust (seriously, dude, it may bust!)

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MCM or Bust (seriously, dude, it may bust!)

Post  Michael Enright on Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:21 pm

3 miler today, which is oddly short, so I decided to do something a little different. Looped back around the unimproved abandoned RR right of way just around the corner, which is pretty rugged in spots, then cut through the YMCA camp, up a really steep but short road, back onto the state highway, and home. Kept me from being a speed demon!

I'm ready. MCM is a week out.

Our 22nd wedding anniversary today. Feeling blessed...
avatar
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1521
Points : 4499
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 61
Location : Portland, CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCM or Bust (seriously, dude, it may bust!)

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:08 pm

Congrats on the Anniversary, Michael!
avatar
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4748
Points : 11115
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 55
Location : Cleveland (Bay Village), OH/Atlanta, GA

View user profile http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: MCM or Bust (seriously, dude, it may bust!)

Post  Nick Morris on Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:24 pm

Way to put in the work Michael...Happy Anniversary!!!
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11928
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCM or Bust (seriously, dude, it may bust!)

Post  Michael Enright on Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:33 am

Thanks Michele and Nick, I do appreciate it!

Hard to believe it is marathon week again. I feel ready. Weather looks good.

Only problem is that everyone around me is sick. Sad
avatar
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1521
Points : 4499
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 61
Location : Portland, CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCM or Bust (seriously, dude, it may bust!)

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:45 am

Vitamin C - I have no one but the dog around me as my husband is on a worldwide tour (Dublin, London, Shanghai and Singapore), but I'm already living on Airborne.

You will be fine!!!
avatar
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4748
Points : 11115
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 55
Location : Cleveland (Bay Village), OH/Atlanta, GA

View user profile http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: MCM or Bust (seriously, dude, it may bust!)

Post  Nick Morris on Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:11 am

@Michael Enright wrote:Thanks Michele and Nick, I do appreciate it!

Hard to believe it is marathon week again. I feel ready. Weather looks good.

Only problem is that everyone around me is sick. Sad
If it makes you feel better, my GF may have strep throat...
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11928
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCM or Bust (seriously, dude, it may bust!)

Post  Mark B on Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:22 pm

Happy belated anniversary!

And for all you in taper. For Pete' sake, stay healthy!
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7229
Points : 15584
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCM or Bust (seriously, dude, it may bust!)

Post  Michael Enright on Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:47 pm

Thanks all for the healthy taper well-wishes! I'm doing my best. But I love the motivational video MCM posted on its site today - check it out on youtube. This rocks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZr0o3h5cuI
avatar
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1521
Points : 4499
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 61
Location : Portland, CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCM or Bust (seriously, dude, it may bust!)

Post  Nick Morris on Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:52 pm

So, are you mission ready?
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11928
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCM or Bust (seriously, dude, it may bust!)

Post  Michael Enright on Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:02 am

@Nick Morris wrote:So, are you mission ready?
Sir, yes sir!

I have my typical final taper week twinges (top of my right foot, sole of my left foot, lower end of my left thigh), but none seem consequential.

The weather is looking good for Sunday in DC!
avatar
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1521
Points : 4499
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 61
Location : Portland, CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCM or Bust (seriously, dude, it may bust!)

Post  Nick Morris on Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:56 am

@Michael Enright wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:So, are you mission ready?
Sir, yes sir!

I have my typical final taper week twinges (top of my right foot, sole of my left foot, lower end of my left thigh), but none seem consequential.

The weather is looking good for Sunday in DC!
Excellent...Go Gett'em!!!
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11928
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCM or Bust (seriously, dude, it may bust!)

Post  Michael Enright on Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:29 pm

3 easy miles tonight on the mill. No ball game to watch!Rolling Eyes 

Still feel pretty good. Whatever those aches and pains are, they don't bother me when I run.
avatar
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1521
Points : 4499
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 61
Location : Portland, CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCM or Bust (seriously, dude, it may bust!)

Post  Nick Morris on Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:29 pm

@Michael Enright wrote:3 easy miles tonight on the mill. No ball game to watch!Rolling Eyes 

Still feel pretty good. Whatever those aches and pains are, they don't bother me when I run.
I think those aches and pains are just being amplified by the fact that you are in your race week.
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11928
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCM or Bust (seriously, dude, it may bust!)

Post  Michael Enright on Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:12 am

@Nick Morris wrote:
@Michael Enright wrote:3 easy miles tonight on the mill. No ball game to watch!Rolling Eyes 

Still feel pretty good. Whatever those aches and pains are, they don't bother me when I run.
I think those aches and pains are just being amplified by the fact that you are in your race week.
No doubt about it!
avatar
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1521
Points : 4499
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 61
Location : Portland, CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCM or Bust (seriously, dude, it may bust!)

Post  Nick Morris on Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:00 pm

avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11928
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCM or Bust (seriously, dude, it may bust!)

Post  Michael Enright on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:08 pm

That's an awesome shot, Nick, thanks!

Finished up my training runs tonight with an easy 4 miler. Seemed appropriate that I finished this cycle in the dark, cold night, alone on the track. Just reminds me of what it takes to get the training in, even with the relatively light schedule of HH Int 1. As I left the house to head up to the track, my 15 year old just shook his head, smiled a little and told me I was crazy. OK by me!

All that's left is the fueling, hydrating, packing, planning, ...
avatar
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1521
Points : 4499
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 61
Location : Portland, CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCM or Bust (seriously, dude, it may bust!)

Post  Nick Morris on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:12 pm

@Michael Enright wrote:That's an awesome shot, Nick, thanks!

Finished up my training runs tonight with an easy 4 miler. Seemed appropriate that I finished this cycle in the dark, cold night, alone on the track. Just reminds me of what it takes to get the training in, even with the relatively light schedule of HH Int 1.  As I left the house to head up to the track, my 15 year old just shook his head, smiled a little and told me I was crazy. OK by me!

All that's left is the fueling, hydrating, packing, planning, ...
Awesome!!  So, how does it feel to know that the next time you run it will be race day?

P.S. I don't think that you are crazy.
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11928
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCM or Bust (seriously, dude, it may bust!)

Post  Michael Enright on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:18 pm

@Nick Morris wrote:
@Michael Enright wrote:That's an awesome shot, Nick, thanks!

Finished up my training runs tonight with an easy 4 miler. Seemed appropriate that I finished this cycle in the dark, cold night, alone on the track. Just reminds me of what it takes to get the training in, even with the relatively light schedule of HH Int 1.  As I left the house to head up to the track, my 15 year old just shook his head, smiled a little and told me I was crazy. OK by me!

All that's left is the fueling, hydrating, packing, planning, ...
Awesome!!  So, how does it feel to know that the next time you run it will be race day?

P.S. I don't think that you are crazy.
I love the last run. When I do the last run of the cycle at the track, as I get to the start of the last lap, I always call out a "ding, ding, ding" to signify the last lap. So, I really am a little nuts. But it sure is fun to run that last lap. Gave it a big fist pump as I crossed the line for the finish. What a head case!

Unfortunately, all that is left is the worrying! Smile
avatar
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1521
Points : 4499
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 61
Location : Portland, CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCM or Bust (seriously, dude, it may bust!)

Post  Nick Morris on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:24 pm

@Michael Enright wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@Michael Enright wrote:That's an awesome shot, Nick, thanks!

Finished up my training runs tonight with an easy 4 miler. Seemed appropriate that I finished this cycle in the dark, cold night, alone on the track. Just reminds me of what it takes to get the training in, even with the relatively light schedule of HH Int 1.  As I left the house to head up to the track, my 15 year old just shook his head, smiled a little and told me I was crazy. OK by me!

All that's left is the fueling, hydrating, packing, planning, ...
Awesome!!  So, how does it feel to know that the next time you run it will be race day?

P.S. I don't think that you are crazy.
I love the last run. When I do the last run of the cycle at the track, as I get to the start of the last lap, I always call out a "ding, ding, ding" to signify the last lap. So, I really am a little nuts. But it sure is fun to run that last lap. Gave it a big fist pump as I crossed the line for the finish. What a head case!

Unfortunately, all that is left is the worrying! Smile
I am the same way on my last run...nothing like a self fist pump Smile

Also, you have nothing to worry about...
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11928
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCM or Bust (seriously, dude, it may bust!)

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:35 pm

Have a great race, Michael!
avatar
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4748
Points : 11115
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 55
Location : Cleveland (Bay Village), OH/Atlanta, GA

View user profile http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: MCM or Bust (seriously, dude, it may bust!)

Post  Michael Enright on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:55 pm

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:Have a great race, Michael!
Thanks Michele, and GO RED SOX!
avatar
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1521
Points : 4499
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 61
Location : Portland, CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCM or Bust (seriously, dude, it may bust!)

Post  ounce on Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:28 am

Somebody might construe the Sox win as a good omen for Sunday's race.  Pfft.  Just have a good race.  I always hated the last hundred yards or so incline.
avatar
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4750
Points : 13083
Join date : 2011-06-26
Age : 60
Location : houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCM or Bust (seriously, dude, it may bust!)

Post  Michael Enright on Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:52 am

@ounce wrote:Somebody might construe the Sox win as a good omen for Sunday's race.  Pfft.  Just have a good race.  I always hated the last hundred yards or so incline.
Thanks Oz. I'm not much for omens in any event!
avatar
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1521
Points : 4499
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 61
Location : Portland, CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCM or Bust (seriously, dude, it may bust!)

Post  Michael Enright on Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:53 am

We have a fire drill today with a full building evacuation. Means I have to walk down 26 flights of stairs. Can't be a great taper activity! Seems to me the same thing happened last year before my marathon.
avatar
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1521
Points : 4499
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 61
Location : Portland, CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCM or Bust (seriously, dude, it may bust!)

Post  Alex Kubacki on Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:49 am

Have fun this weekend Michael.  Just be relaxed and see what happens.
avatar
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1252
Points : 3964
Join date : 2011-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MCM or Bust (seriously, dude, it may bust!)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum