365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Running Movies?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Running Movies?

Post  Mike MacLellan on Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:22 pm

Alright all, looking for a movie for tonight.  I've seen Spirit of the Marathon, and enjoyed it - a lot - so something similar would be fine.  Or something not similar.  But lots of running is a must.  Ready... go!
avatar
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 3110
Points : 7524
Join date : 2011-06-14
Age : 30
Location : Arlington, VA

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Movies?

Post  Jerry on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:12 pm

Without Limits, anyone who has not watched is not a racer.

Since you like ultra, you might want to check out Running the Sahara, though Jerry is only into racing, not this running,sleep thing.
avatar
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2708
Points : 1004249
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Where I'm Loved

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Movies?

Post  Mark B on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:13 pm

Chariots of Fire.

Unbreakable.

Jericho Mile.

The Cannonball Run (oh, wait...)

avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7331
Points : 15855
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Movies?

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:16 pm

There are always the Pre movies, Run Fatboy Run, The Longest Mile and Saint Ralph.
avatar
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4763
Points : 11218
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 56
Location : Cleveland (Bay Village), OH/Atlanta, GA

View user profile http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Movies?

Post  Nick Morris on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:14 pm

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:There are always the Pre movies, Run Fatboy Run, The Longest Mile and Saint Ralph.
Can we have the Run Fatboy Run debate again?? Smile
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11992
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Movies?

Post  Nick Morris on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:15 pm

I would say Running the Sahara...
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11992
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Movies?

Post  Jerry on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:52 pm

Just watched on Netflix, Usain Bolt,the fastest man alive.
avatar
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2708
Points : 1004249
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Where I'm Loved

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Movies?

Post  Jim Lentz on Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:07 pm

There is a documentary about Badwater you might enjoy.
avatar
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1171
Points : 4416
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 56
Location : Downers Grove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Movies?

Post  Nick Morris on Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:44 pm

What did you end up watching??
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11992
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Movies?

Post  Chris M on Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:06 am

If you like the two Pre bio movies, watch Fire On The Track which is an excellent documentary about him.
avatar
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1061
Points : 3784
Join date : 2011-06-14
Age : 49
Location : Washington, DC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Movies?

Post  Ben Z on Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:35 am

Unbreakable
avatar
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Posts : 698
Points : 3455
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Bay Area

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Movies?

Post  Mike MacLellan on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:36 am

@Nick Morris wrote:What did you end up watching??

Guess I should follow up, huh?  

We ended up watching the first hour or so of "My Run," about the guy who ran from Minn to the Atlanta summer games.  Most of the others suggested here weren't available on instant queue on Netflix, and those that were didn't have captions.  Well, there's Running the Sahara, but Aileen's already seen that.  

We watched Usain Bolt the next day, though.

Looking for a torrent of Unbreakable, but no luck.
avatar
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 3110
Points : 7524
Join date : 2011-06-14
Age : 30
Location : Arlington, VA

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Movies?

Post  Jerry on Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:10 am

@Jim Lentz wrote:There is a documentary about Badwater you might enjoy.
Running on the sun is the title
avatar
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2708
Points : 1004249
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Where I'm Loved

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Movies?

Post  ssilvert on Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:24 pm

Saint Ralph is the best running movie ever made.  The Pre movies are decent.  Chariots of Fire is waaaaaay overrated.

Stan
avatar
ssilvert
Poster
Poster

Posts : 173
Points : 2581
Join date : 2011-08-12
Age : 50
Location : Atlanta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Movies?

Post  Jerry on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:05 pm

@ssilvert wrote:Saint Ralph is the best running movie ever made.  The Pre movies are decent.  Chariots of Fire is waaaaaay overrated.

Stan

Last time Stan endorsed Saint Ralph, I advocated watching it as a family movie night. I thought it would motivate my daughter, who showed gift in running. I don't remember if I was tired or drank a little, but I felt into sleep. So did my daughter. My wife ended up watching it alone and like it. She hates running.
avatar
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2708
Points : 1004249
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Where I'm Loved

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Movies?

Post  ssilvert on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:29 pm


Here is the trailer....
avatar
ssilvert
Poster
Poster

Posts : 173
Points : 2581
Join date : 2011-08-12
Age : 50
Location : Atlanta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Movies?

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:29 pm

I loved St. Ralph!
avatar
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4763
Points : 11218
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 56
Location : Cleveland (Bay Village), OH/Atlanta, GA

View user profile http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Movies?

Post  Nick Morris on Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:04 pm

Would Forrest Gump be considered a running movie?
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11992
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Movies?

Post  Diego on Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:31 pm

I would go with Run Lola Run as my favorite "sort of" running movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0130827/
avatar
Diego
Regular
Regular

Posts : 599
Points : 3186
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 54
Location : Maine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Movies?

Post  Mark B on Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:51 pm

@Mike MacLellan wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:What did you end up watching??

Guess I should follow up, huh?  

We ended up watching the first hour or so of "My Run," about the guy who ran from Minn to the Atlanta summer games.  Most of the others suggested here weren't available on instant queue on Netflix, and those that were didn't have captions.  Well, there's Running the Sahara, but Aileen's already seen that.  

We watched Usain Bolt the next day, though.

Looking for a torrent of Unbreakable, but no luck.

If you find a rentable version of Unbreakable, let me know. I'd love to see it myself, but I'm too cheap to buy the DVD.
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7331
Points : 15855
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Movies?

Post  Nick Morris on Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:28 pm

@Mark B wrote:
@Mike MacLellan wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:What did you end up watching??

Guess I should follow up, huh?  

We ended up watching the first hour or so of "My Run," about the guy who ran from Minn to the Atlanta summer games.  Most of the others suggested here weren't available on instant queue on Netflix, and those that were didn't have captions.  Well, there's Running the Sahara, but Aileen's already seen that.  

We watched Usain Bolt the next day, though.

Looking for a torrent of Unbreakable, but no luck.

If you find a rentable version of Unbreakable, let me know. I'd love to see it myself, but I'm too cheap to buy the DVD.

Is this the same Unbreakable with Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson?  Or am I thinking of a different movie?
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11992
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Movies?

Post  Mike MacLellan on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:13 am

@Nick Morris wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@Mike MacLellan wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:What did you end up watching??

Guess I should follow up, huh?  

We ended up watching the first hour or so of "My Run," about the guy who ran from Minn to the Atlanta summer games.  Most of the others suggested here weren't available on instant queue on Netflix, and those that were didn't have captions.  Well, there's Running the Sahara, but Aileen's already seen that.  

We watched Usain Bolt the next day, though.

Looking for a torrent of Unbreakable, but no luck.

If you find a rentable version of Unbreakable, let me know. I'd love to see it myself, but I'm too cheap to buy the DVD.

Is this the same Unbreakable with Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson?  Or am I thinking of a different movie?
http://www.ws100film.com/
avatar
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 3110
Points : 7524
Join date : 2011-06-14
Age : 30
Location : Arlington, VA

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Movies?

Post  Nick Morris on Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:34 am

@Mike MacLellan wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@Mike MacLellan wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:What did you end up watching??

Guess I should follow up, huh?  

We ended up watching the first hour or so of "My Run," about the guy who ran from Minn to the Atlanta summer games.  Most of the others suggested here weren't available on instant queue on Netflix, and those that were didn't have captions.  Well, there's Running the Sahara, but Aileen's already seen that.  

We watched Usain Bolt the next day, though.

Looking for a torrent of Unbreakable, but no luck.

If you find a rentable version of Unbreakable, let me know. I'd love to see it myself, but I'm too cheap to buy the DVD.

Is this the same Unbreakable with Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson?  Or am I thinking of a different movie?
http://www.ws100film.com/

Yup...totally different (lol)

I'll have to check this one out.
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11992
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Movies?

Post  Chris M on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:01 pm

I've never seen the movie unbreakable but I'm 95% sure I saw one of its stars today.  I'm in Juneau Alaska today and went for a run right out of downtown to the Perseverance Trail (amazing trail!)  Pretty sure Geoff Roes ran by me the other way with a small group in tow.  Later someone told me he is in town for a running camp and a presentation at a movie festival here.
avatar
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1061
Points : 3784
Join date : 2011-06-14
Age : 49
Location : Washington, DC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Movies?

Post  Nick Morris on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:16 pm

@Chris M wrote:I've never seen the movie unbreakable but I'm 95% sure I saw one of its stars today.  I'm in Juneau Alaska today and went for a run right out of downtown to the Perseverance Trail (amazing trail!)  Pretty sure Geoff Roes ran by me the other way with a small group in tow.  Later someone told me he is in town for a running camp and a presentation at a movie festival here.

 That's pretty cool!!  Reminds me of the time that I ran past Lance Armstrong.
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11992
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running Movies?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum