365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Redemption: 2013 Hamilton Road2Hope Marathon

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Redemption: 2013 Hamilton Road2Hope Marathon

Post  Michael Enright on Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:58 pm

@Nick Morris wrote:10.28.13...

Cross-training...Heading to the gym after work to do some core work.  Yesterday I prepared all of my meals for the week, as I get ready to carb load this week.  That will continue up until the race, as I gotta make sure that my glycogen levels are topped off Smile

OOOOOOOHHHHHHH  SHIT!!!  IT'S RACE WEEK!!!!
You don't really have to worry about the shit part of it until the morning of the race.
avatar
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1521
Points : 4502
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 61
Location : Portland, CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redemption: 2013 Hamilton Road2Hope Marathon

Post  Nick Morris on Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:58 pm

@Michael Enright wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:10.28.13...

Cross-training...Heading to the gym after work to do some core work.  Yesterday I prepared all of my meals for the week, as I get ready to carb load this week.  That will continue up until the race, as I gotta make sure that my glycogen levels are topped off Smile

OOOOOOOHHHHHHH  SHIT!!!  IT'S RACE WEEK!!!!
You don't really have to worry about the shit part of it until the morning of the race.
Ha...True story!!
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11931
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redemption: 2013 Hamilton Road2Hope Marathon

Post  Mark B on Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:18 pm

@Nick Morris wrote:
@Michael Enright wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:10.28.13...

Cross-training...Heading to the gym after work to do some core work.  Yesterday I prepared all of my meals for the week, as I get ready to carb load this week.  That will continue up until the race, as I gotta make sure that my glycogen levels are topped off Smile

OOOOOOOHHHHHHH  SHIT!!!  IT'S RACE WEEK!!!!
You don't really have to worry about the shit part of it until the morning of the race.
Ha...True story!!
Unlike some of your esteemed colleagues (cough, cough, Jerry), just remember that the payload needs to be delivered BEFORE the race starts.



avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7232
Points : 15593
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redemption: 2013 Hamilton Road2Hope Marathon

Post  Nick Morris on Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:21 pm

@Mark B wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@Michael Enright wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:10.28.13...

Cross-training...Heading to the gym after work to do some core work.  Yesterday I prepared all of my meals for the week, as I get ready to carb load this week.  That will continue up until the race, as I gotta make sure that my glycogen levels are topped off Smile

OOOOOOOHHHHHHH  SHIT!!!  IT'S RACE WEEK!!!!
You don't really have to worry about the shit part of it until the morning of the race.
Ha...True story!!
Unlike some of your esteemed colleagues (cough, cough, Jerry), just remember that the payload needs to be delivered BEFORE the race starts.



I normally don't have a problem with that Wink
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11931
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redemption: 2013 Hamilton Road2Hope Marathon

Post  Nick Morris on Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:44 pm

10.29.13 -

3 miles...Holy COW!!!!  Is it race day yet?!?!?!  Cuz I just ran an easy 5k at a 6:47 pace...Someone please tell me to slow down Smile  Officially it was 3.11 miles at a 6:47 pace.  2 more training runs and a pre-race shake out run before race day.  Feelin' good!!

avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11931
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redemption: 2013 Hamilton Road2Hope Marathon

Post  nkrichards on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:11 pm

You are so ready for this!
avatar
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1981
Points : 6848
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 59
Location : Sunny Central Oregon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redemption: 2013 Hamilton Road2Hope Marathon

Post  Nick Morris on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:10 pm

@nkrichards wrote:You are so ready for this!
+1...Sounds like you are too Wink
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11931
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redemption: 2013 Hamilton Road2Hope Marathon

Post  Nick Morris on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:23 pm

10.30.13 -

4 miles...I woke up this morning thinking that I lived in the Pacific Northwest.  Dense fog all day with a mist that developed later in the afternoon and turned to rain later.  Because of this, I did not want to risk running in the cool wet outdoors and end up catching something right before my race.  So, I headed to the gym to run on the treadmill.  Ugh...it was the first time that I have ran on a treadmill in quite some time and now I remember why.  It seemed like the longest 31 minutes of my life Shocked  But, I wanted to take this run easy and the treadmill is probably the best way to slow me down.  I started out with the first 2 miles at an 8:00 pace.  Then the last 2 miles I increased by 0.2 mph every 2 minutes until I got to 8.5 mph and then I increased to 8.6 mph (or MP - 6:58) for the final 0.7 miles.  I ended up completing 4.11 miles at a 7:35 pace, which is what I set out to do...keep it easy.
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11931
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redemption: 2013 Hamilton Road2Hope Marathon

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:06 pm

Go Sox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
avatar
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4748
Points : 11118
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 55
Location : Cleveland (Bay Village), OH/Atlanta, GA

View user profile http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Redemption: 2013 Hamilton Road2Hope Marathon

Post  Julie on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:13 pm

We had fog, too. You're going to do great this wkend.
avatar
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2602
Points : 6281
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redemption: 2013 Hamilton Road2Hope Marathon

Post  Alex Kubacki on Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:51 am

Have a great race Nick.  Drop the hammer and go.
avatar
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1252
Points : 3967
Join date : 2011-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redemption: 2013 Hamilton Road2Hope Marathon

Post  Nick Morris on Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:22 am

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:Go Sox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WooHoo!!!
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11931
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redemption: 2013 Hamilton Road2Hope Marathon

Post  Nick Morris on Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:22 am

@Alex Kubacki wrote:Have a great race Nick.  Drop the hammer and go.
Thanks Alex!!  I'll do my best...
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11931
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redemption: 2013 Hamilton Road2Hope Marathon

Post  Nick Morris on Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:56 pm

I got looking through some of my photos from last year's race and found one that shows the nice downhill that I get to run down.  A nice 3 mile stretch of highway that heads down to Lake Ontario.  This year they took the loop out of the lakefront path and added 5k to the top of the hill, so this portion will come at miles 14-17 instead of 10-13.  Should be great timing in the race to either rest up or make up time. If you notice the photo, I am the only one in running shorts and singlet.  Those pansy Canadians can't handle 34 degree temps I guess Smile

avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11931
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redemption: 2013 Hamilton Road2Hope Marathon

Post  nkrichards on Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:37 pm

I like the looks...and location of that downhill stretch.  Did you gain much time on it last year?

I like to wear sleeves when the temps are that cold but I'm not a big fan of long pants.  I have a pair of tights but don't wear them very often so I'd be a bit nervous about wearing them for a full marathon.  Starting temps look very similar to my two previous marathons but they warmed up a bit more as the race progressed.  Hoping I'm comfortable in shorts.

I'm packing this afternoon and will head to the airport early tomorrow morning.  Not sure how much access I will have to the web so when you figure out a good time to meet at the expo just send me a text on my cell. 

See you in Hamilton.  Travel safe.
avatar
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1981
Points : 6848
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 59
Location : Sunny Central Oregon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redemption: 2013 Hamilton Road2Hope Marathon

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:53 pm

Looks like fun.  I know there is a small uphill stretch around 17 for me and then a short downhill stretch, but nothing real severe.  It is the area through Butler University, and it looks quite scenic on the driving tour video.
avatar
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4748
Points : 11118
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 55
Location : Cleveland (Bay Village), OH/Atlanta, GA

View user profile http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Redemption: 2013 Hamilton Road2Hope Marathon

Post  mul21 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:32 pm

Good luck on Sunday Nick.  I say shoot for sub 3:00 and leave yourself some cushion in the last 10K so you know you've got plenty of clearance to get into Boston 2015.
avatar
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1481
Points : 4603
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 41
Location : St. Louis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redemption: 2013 Hamilton Road2Hope Marathon

Post  Nick Morris on Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:08 pm

@nkrichards wrote:I like the looks...and location of that downhill stretch.  Did you gain much time on it last year?

I like to wear sleeves when the temps are that cold but I'm not a big fan of long pants.  I have a pair of tights but don't wear them very often so I'd be a bit nervous about wearing them for a full marathon.  Starting temps look very similar to my two previous marathons but they warmed up a bit more as the race progressed.  Hoping I'm comfortable in shorts.

I'm packing this afternoon and will head to the airport early tomorrow morning.  Not sure how much access I will have to the web so when you figure out a good time to meet at the expo just send me a text on my cell. 

See you in Hamilton.  Travel safe.
Sounds good Nancy.  As of right now, I think that we are going to head to the expo a little after 2pm.
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11931
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redemption: 2013 Hamilton Road2Hope Marathon

Post  Nick Morris on Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:09 pm

@mul21 wrote:Good luck on Sunday Nick.  I say shoot for sub 3:00 and leave yourself some cushion in the last 10K so you know you've got plenty of clearance to get into Boston 2015.
Thanks!!  My plan is to run a little above sub 3, unless I feel good in the middle of the race, then I may pick it up.  I do want to give myself a little bit of a cushion.
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11931
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redemption: 2013 Hamilton Road2Hope Marathon

Post  Nick Morris on Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:02 pm

10.31.13 -

2 miles...Just finished up my last run for this training cycle.  An easy 2 miles outdoors, even with the rain.  I just couldn't finish my training cycle stuck indoors, so I braved the raindrops for 15 minutes.  I completed 2.18 miles at a 7:18 pace...It's kind of bittersweet Neutral 

Well, time to pack...Flight leaves at 7:21 tomorrow morning...
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11931
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redemption: 2013 Hamilton Road2Hope Marathon

Post  Mark B on Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:16 pm

Wooot! Nothing to it but to do and do it!



Safe travels. Smile
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7232
Points : 15593
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redemption: 2013 Hamilton Road2Hope Marathon

Post  Nick Morris on Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:49 pm

@Mark B wrote:Wooot! Nothing to it but to do and do it!



Safe travels. Smile
Hahahaha...That looks familiar!!  Thanks Mark!!
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11931
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redemption: 2013 Hamilton Road2Hope Marathon

Post  JohnP on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:08 am

Good luck Nick, I hope everything goes great.
avatar
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1225
Points : 4232
Join date : 2011-06-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redemption: 2013 Hamilton Road2Hope Marathon

Post  ounce on Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:59 am

I have heard you might have a race, this weekend.  And that it might be cold.  It's a GOOD thing you're impervious to Taper Madness.  I mean, you would be the last person I would think of to start a thread on Taper Madness, much less post more than once to it.Rolling Eyes 

So have a great race and Houston's high on Sunday will be 70 with clear skies and another loss by the Texans on Sunday night to the Colts.  But you will have two Texas boys at quarterback.  Andrew Luck grew up in Houston.
avatar
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4756
Points : 13098
Join date : 2011-06-26
Age : 60
Location : houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redemption: 2013 Hamilton Road2Hope Marathon

Post  Nick Morris on Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:42 pm

@JohnP wrote:Good luck Nick, I hope everything goes great.
Thanks John!!!
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11931
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redemption: 2013 Hamilton Road2Hope Marathon

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum