365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

New York State of Mind

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New York State of Mind

Post  John Kilpatrick on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:12 pm

Nice workout - I have felt like dying after my first couple of speedwork sessions - but I'm hopeful it gets better soon.  It is crazy how similar your plan and mine are to each other.  I'm pretty far behind you on running but will be following you hopefully to positive results...

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1542
Points : 4256
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 47
Location : Leesburg, GA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York State of Mind

Post  mul21 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:32 pm

@John Kilpatrick wrote:Nice workout - I have felt like dying after my first couple of speedwork sessions - but I'm hopeful it gets better soon.  It is crazy how similar your plan and mine are to each other.  I'm pretty far behind you on running but will be following you hopefully to positive results...

Well, we both kind of had the same idea in stealing the Hanson's plan but substituting a few rides a week for the shorter runs.  I feel surprisingly good after a couple weeks and have gotten to the point already where I'm itching to get back on the bike after a few days away from it.

I can already tell that not running every day is helping with the aches and pains because after doing a 12 miler Monday early morning and the interval workout last night, I'm a little sore.  A bike ride tonight and then the first MP/tempo on Thursday and I'll see how I'm feeling after that.  I have 16 scheduled for the weekend long run and it looks like the weather may actually cooperate a bit.
avatar
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1481
Points : 4629
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 41
Location : St. Louis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York State of Mind

Post  mul21 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:51 pm

It's been an interesting week, to say the least!  Jury duty, work travel, an aborted tempo run, all kinds of wrinkles in the plans.

I got my ride in on Wednesday and went 16 miles.  Thursday ended up as a crappy washout of a run.  I was in Peoria for work and stayed at a Hampton Inn I've stayed at a bunch of times but it had been a while since I was last there.  It was way too hot to do a tempo/MP run outside, so i opted for the mill at the hotel.  I've never had an issue with them before, but as soon as I got on the first one, it felt like I was running uphill despite the incline reading 0.0.  I didn't think much about it as I did a 2 mile warm up.  I got off to hit the bathroom before starting the MP part of the run and when I got back I got down and looked, and sure enough, it was stuck at probably 1 or 1.5% incline.  I started out on the MP part anyway and the lady who was on the other mill got done, so I switched after a mile.  I got on the other one and immediately thought it felt too easy, started looking in the mirror and thought it looked like it was at a decline.  I tried the incline button and of course it didn't work.  So, I hopped off and was going to switch again, went about a 1/4 of a mile and decided it just wasn't worth the hassle and called it a day.  I got home in time today to do most of the planned workout, so between yesterday and today, I got in 12 miles with 7 at around MP.

So, yesterday it was 4 with 2 @ MP and today it was 8 w/5 @ MP and I worked down from 7:47 to 7:35.  I was a little tight when I started but loosened up pretty well by about 4 miles or so.  As with most of my tempo runs, that first faster mile is always the toughest for me and then I kind of fall into a rhythm and don't have any issues after that.
avatar
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1481
Points : 4629
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 41
Location : St. Louis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York State of Mind

Post  Nick Morris on Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:55 am

Way to work through a tough situation and get some work in.  I find that it is always tough to get in good runs during work travel.  You have to figure out a course and then figure out time to get in the runs.  Keep up the good work!!
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11957
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York State of Mind

Post  mul21 on Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:43 pm

So today's run may have been the most brutal I've ever done.  The temperature was ideal for a summer long run, but the humidity, holy crap.  It was 72 with 94% humidity when I started and 75 with 89% humidity when I finished.  I neglected to weigh myself before I started, but based on where the scale has been lately, I was still down about a pound and a half after a 12 oz Slim Fast and 32 oz of Powerade when I finished and that's on top of the 20 oz I took down while I was running.  So, I probably dropped 5 pounds minimum while I was out pounding the pavement for 16 miles this morning. 

At any rate, I got the miles in right at 8:30 pace, which I was really happy with.  Between the humidity and the fact that I had ridden 27 miles on Saturday afternoon in 90 degree heat and my legs weren't the freshest when I started, it went as well as could be expected.  The worst of it was from the time I turned around at 8 miles to the 11 mile mark when it was pretty much a slight incline the entire time along with a canopy that created completely dead air.  I wasn't sure I was going to be able to finish toeard the end of that stretch.

Totals for the week, minus the 12 miler on Monday since I counted that last week, are 36 miles running and 43 on the bike.  A really solid week of training with 2 good up tempo workouts and the longest run of the year to date.

I'm probably going to have to end up running 3 days in a row this week due to work travel, so hopefully that won't beat me up too much.
avatar
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1481
Points : 4629
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 41
Location : St. Louis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York State of Mind

Post  Michael Enright on Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:58 am

@mul21 wrote:So today's run may have been the most brutal I've ever done.  The temperature was ideal for a summer long run, but the humidity, holy crap.  It was 72 with 94% humidity when I started and 75 with 89% humidity when I finished.  I neglected to weigh myself before I started, but based on where the scale has been lately, I was still down about a pound and a half after a 12 oz Slim Fast and 32 oz of Powerade when I finished and that's on top of the 20 oz I took down while I was running.  So, I probably dropped 5 pounds minimum while I was out pounding the pavement for 16 miles this morning. 

At any rate, I got the miles in right at 8:30 pace, which I was really happy with.  Between the humidity and the fact that I had ridden 27 miles on Saturday afternoon in 90 degree heat and my legs weren't the freshest when I started, it went as well as could be expected.  The worst of it was from the time I turned around at 8 miles to the 11 mile mark when it was pretty much a slight incline the entire time along with a canopy that created completely dead air.  I wasn't sure I was going to be able to finish toeard the end of that stretch.

Totals for the week, minus the 12 miler on Monday since I counted that last week, are 36 miles running and 43 on the bike.  A really solid week of training with 2 good up tempo workouts and the longest run of the year to date.

I'm probably going to have to end up running 3 days in a row this week due to work travel, so hopefully that won't beat me up too much.

It's all about the dew point! And that's how it's going to feel when the dew point gets up to 70+, which it did for your 16 miler. Tough run. I run on a rail trail a lot, and I've noticed quite a bit that the humidity gets trapped in the narrow trail covered by the thick canopy of trees. At least it's shady!

Good week...
avatar
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1521
Points : 4528
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 61
Location : Portland, CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York State of Mind

Post  Nick Morris on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:27 am

Way to power through the run.  That type of humidity is brutal!!  The good news is that the more you run in that type of weather, the more your body will become accustom to it.
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11957
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York State of Mind

Post  mul21 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:44 pm

@Michael Enright wrote:
It's all about the dew point! And that's how it's going to feel when the dew point gets up to 70+, which it did for your 16 miler. Tough run. I run on a rail trail a lot, and I've noticed quite a bit that the humidity gets trapped in the narrow trail covered by the thick canopy of trees. At least it's shady!

Good week...

Thanks! Looks like the rest of this week and weekend should be some welcome relief for all of us.

@Nick Morris wrote:Way to power through the run.  That type of humidity is brutal!!  The good news is that the more you run in that type of weather, the more your body will become accustom to it.

Yep, already paying dividends. 

The interval workout tonight was one I may not have gotten through a couple weeks ago as hot and humid as it was in the gym I was in tonight.  Fortunately, I had a fully functional treadmill tonight after last weeks debacle.  6 x 800 at 6:40 pace for a total of 7 miles.  The last quarter mile of the final repeat was a little rough and I had to dig a little harder than I would have liked to get through it, but the workout got done as planned.

I got in an easy 16 mile bike ride yesterday before I headed out of town and it was the first time I've actually done it as a needed recovery after a long run.  It was very strange in that just like on a recovery run, somewhere between 40-45 minutes in, my legs just magically loosened up and I felt great.  I hadn't experienced that before and it surprised me a bit, but also let me know that I was taking it easy enough on the bike for it to truly be a recovery type workout.
avatar
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1481
Points : 4629
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 41
Location : St. Louis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York State of Mind

Post  Mark B on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:59 am

Whew! Those are some nasty running conditions - and some intense workouts! I'm glad you're getting in those recovery days so your body can recover and rebound from that stimulus. After these sweat-fests now, just imagine how easy it'll feel this fall!
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7271
Points : 15697
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York State of Mind

Post  mul21 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:00 pm

@Mark B wrote:Whew! Those are some nasty running conditions - and some intense workouts! I'm glad you're getting in those recovery days so your body can recover and rebound from that stimulus. After these sweat-fests now, just imagine how easy it'll feel this fall!

 It's going to be glorious the rest of the week/weekend in my neck of the woods.  Highs in the low to mid 80s and very low humidity (for us anyway).  I should be able to get in a great long run on Saturday.

Just an easy 6 mile recovery last night on a trail that runs through Springfield, MO.  I've managed to find somewhere decent to run in most of the towns I go to, with Memphis being by far the most inconvenient.  It wasn't too warm and the humidity had dropped off quite a bit so this was a pretty pleasant run.  It was a little strange getting my legs under me since I've been riding on recovery days and not running, but no big deal.  6 miles at 8:58 pace to get the legs freshened up for today's 9 with 6 @ MP.  I plan to do this when I get back into St. Louis and hit Forest Park to get the benefit of the hills since I really need to work on that part of my running so I'm ready for the hills in New York in November.
avatar
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1481
Points : 4629
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 41
Location : St. Louis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York State of Mind

Post  Chris M on Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:06 pm

Nice 800s the other day!
avatar
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1061
Points : 3749
Join date : 2011-06-14
Age : 49
Location : Washington, DC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York State of Mind

Post  Nick Morris on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:08 pm

Glad to hear the the humidity has broke for you.  You should be able to get in some good, comfortable runs.
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11957
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York State of Mind

Post  mul21 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:46 pm

@Chris M wrote:Nice 800s the other day!

Thank you sir!  Hope that funk subsides and you get some good miles in this weekend.

@Nick Morris wrote:Glad to hear the the humidity has broke for you.  You should be able to get in some good, comfortable runs.

It certainly has.  It was in the low 60s here this morning and is supposed to be the same tomorrow.  I'm actually looking forward to 18 miles in the morning (well, as much as you can look forward to 2 1/2 hours of running anyway).

Yesterday's MP/tempo run went about as well as I could have hoped.  I hit Forest Park in St. Louis on my way back into town from a work trip to get this in and get some hill work at the same time.  Dave can testify to the hills that it has, and while I wasn't in the hilliest section, it still provides some pretty good stimulus for hill work.  Throw the tempo/MP part into the equation and you have a recipe for a pretty good workout. 

I haven't really decided what I'm going to shoot for pace wise in NYC, but I'm going with a 7:35-7:45 range for these workouts.  I figured that gives me a good number to shoot for while still giving me some leeway on the hilly sections.  I'm going to try to do as many of these runs as I can on hilly terrain just to get used to them since I have very little of that near the house where I run most of the time.  I did 2 miles of warm up and then started clicking off the MP miles.  It started off rather easy, but then about a half mile in the first hill, which is a long grinder of a little over a half mile hits.  That first mile didn't seem so bad, but by the end of mile 3 the hill fatigue was accumulating but I got a down hill break at just the right time for some recovery.  It was amazing how easy the flat sections felt after pushing up so many hills.  I had to work, but not too hard, through the 5 mile mark of the MP part, but then I hit the turnaround to head back to my starting point at about 5.25 of the 6 and it was down hill the rest of the hard part.  It's always nice when the last hard mile of a workout seems the easiest.  I totaled 9 miles with the 6 mile MP portion averaging right at 7:38 pace. 

I continue to feel like I'm rounding into shape and I feel really good health wise right now.  I think the biking is working out really well, I just hope I'm getting enough time on my feet in along with the aerobic part of the biking to get in the kind of shape I'd like to be in come November.
avatar
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1481
Points : 4629
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 41
Location : St. Louis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York State of Mind

Post  mul21 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:21 pm

I had a great weekend of workouts thanks to the break in the weather.  I knocked out 18 miles on Saturday morning that ended up at a bit faster of a pace than planned at an 8:21 average.  It was cool with a nice breeze and while I started a little slower, which seems to be a trend for long runs lately, I looked down at some point in mile 7 and was hovering in the very low 8s.  I had to consciously back off a bit at that point to make sure there was enough gas in the tank to carry the pace all the way through 18.  All in all, a very good run that I was pretty happy with.

I headed out this morning for a reasonably long ride (for me) and had another great, cool weather morning.  I went right at 28 miles, which got me to 60 miles on the bike for the week and 100 miles combined, which is the most total miles I've ever done in a week.  It's a whole lot less time and stress on the body than the 80 mile week that is my running high, but I really think I'm not only getting in better shape but am staying much healthier than if I was trying to run 5-6 days a week.
avatar
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1481
Points : 4629
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 41
Location : St. Louis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York State of Mind

Post  Nick Morris on Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:06 pm

See...I told you that you should be able to get in some good runs this weekend.  Good work on the 18 miler.  Kinda sounded like mine, but I held the low 8s and upper 7s for most of my last 13 miles.  Things are coming along nicely!!
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11957
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York State of Mind

Post  Michael Enright on Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:39 pm

Nice 18, and sounds like a great week! I think it's a good thing that you are mixing it up, as it sounds like you are getting in terrific shape as a result.

I hope that weather heads this way, though it's been ok here the last few days.
avatar
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1521
Points : 4528
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 61
Location : Portland, CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York State of Mind

Post  Mark B on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:25 pm

@mul21 wrote:... as much as you can look forward to 2 1/2 hours of running anyway

What, are you kidding me? That's just when you start to really warm up! Wink

Glad the weather has moderated for you, and you're getting some great runs in these past few days. Great work!
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7271
Points : 15697
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York State of Mind

Post  mul21 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:37 pm

@Mark B wrote:
@mul21 wrote:... as much as you can look forward to 2 1/2 hours of running anyway

What, are you kidding me? That's just when you start to really warm up! Wink

Glad the weather has moderated for you, and you're getting some great runs in these past few days. Great work!

Ha!  Thanks Mark!

Honestly, 4 of my last 5 long runs have set new distance milestones for 2013, so I'm really still getting a lot of the endurance I need back.  I haven't yet felt aerobically challenged on any of the long runs (well, maybe a bit on last weeks super humid 16) but I can definitely tell the legs aren't there yet.  I'm planning a step back next week and a 20 the week after that will hopefully get me over the hump on that front and I'll just keep building after that.
avatar
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1481
Points : 4629
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 41
Location : St. Louis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York State of Mind

Post  mul21 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:43 pm

I took yesterday off completely as I was feeling some accumulated fatigue after having either biked or run 13 of the last 14 days.  Plus, I had my toughest workout of the training cycle scheduled for today, so I wanted to make sure I had the legs to do it.  When I started doing these interval workouts 4 weeks ago, finishing the 400s with a 400 interval all the way through the workout was tough.  These workouts in the Hanson's program get progressively tougher as the repeats get longer because the rest interval stays at 400m.  Today was 5 x 1000m repeats with a 400m interval and while I was drenched in sweat when I finished and could tell I had done some work, they weren't killer like they were when I started. 

I can tell I'm getting in better shape with just about every workout.  I'm not sure if it's because I'm getting more rest between runs or if the biking is really contributing to my fitness, but I'm definitely liking the direction things are heading.
avatar
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1481
Points : 4629
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 41
Location : St. Louis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York State of Mind

Post  Nick Morris on Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:00 pm

I applaud you for listening to your body and giving it rest when it needs it.  That alone will help you get to the start line healthy. 

Good work on the intervals!!  I think that they are getting easier, because you are gaining fitness.  The biking is helping you gain some fitness and is also keeping your legs a little more fresh than just running alone.  Keep up the good work.
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11957
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York State of Mind

Post  mul21 on Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:34 pm

Okay, looks like it's been a couple days since I updated this.  Wednesday was an easy 6 with 8 x 10 second hill sprints on a mill at my hotel.  Nothing too exciting to mention other than just grinding it out and getting the miles in.

Thursday was another of the weekly Hanson tempo runs, which are actually at MP.  I did this at a place in Memphis called Shelby Farms where they have a bunch of mountain biking trails in addition to 1.75 mile and 2.75 asphalt loops.  I did a 2 mile warm up and then got into the MP part of the run.  This ended up being a little more difficult than last week because the terrain was a bit hillier and it was little warmer and more humid.  I knocked out the MP miles at 7:38 average pace even with the hills, so it was a successful run.  10 miles total.

Friday I got out of Memphis early with the intention of getting in a bike ride when I got home before I had to go pick up the kiddo.  This was unfortunately thwarted by rain, so no workout on Friday.

Today was a step back week long run of 12 miles.  I averaged just under 8:30 pace on a not so hot but exceptionally humid run, to the point that when I got home, I had to wring out my shorts.  Uneventful and I just slogged through it.  The plan is for a bike ride and possibly a short run tomorrow to get to 40 miles for the week.
avatar
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1481
Points : 4629
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 41
Location : St. Louis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York State of Mind

Post  mul21 on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:57 pm

I did my first ever brick workout today with a 27 mile ride followed by a 4 mile run.  It was a really weird feeling getting off the bike and getting my legs back under me once I started running, which to my surprise was at about an 8:15 pace when I looked down after about a half mile.  I did throttle it back a bit for the last 3 miles and ended up averaging 8:26 pace for the run.  I plan to get up early tomorrow and get in a ride before work since I'm going to the Cardinals game tomorrow night.  Go Dodgers!
avatar
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1481
Points : 4629
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 41
Location : St. Louis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York State of Mind

Post  JohnP on Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:45 pm

It looks like the Hanson plan is going well so far for you. I can't recall you doing so well in training before, this has definite good possibilities going for you.
avatar
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1225
Points : 4258
Join date : 2011-06-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York State of Mind

Post  mul21 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:07 pm

@JohnP wrote:It looks like the Hanson plan is going well so far for you. I can't recall you doing so well in training before, this has definite good possibilities going for you.

I've had better training cycles before, but I ended up pretty beat up by the end of them.  Since I'm running NYC this fall, which isn't really a PR race, I'm kind of experimenting with this biking as cross training deal to see if it works out well both to keep me healthy and add some additional fitness.  I'm hoping that the biking along with some massage therapy will keep me in one piece, which it so far has, and we'll see how the fitness shakes out at the end. 

Right now, I can tell I'm building some 5K fitness pretty quickly since the Tuesday Hanson workouts are 3 miles to 5K of intervals each week and they have been getting progressively longer (400m to 1200m) with a 400m recovery and I'm handling them much easier than I did in the early weeks.  Tonight was 4 x 1200 and I stuck with 6:40 pace as I've been doing.  It went better than I expected because I was pretty sore after climbing 6-7 flights of stairs at the baseball game last night, which used a bunch of muscles I don't normally work too much.  I was still pretty tight after the 2 warm up miles, but that all went away after the first 1200. 

I have another work trip this week, so that means another 3 straight days of running, with tomorrow being a 6 mile recovery and Thursday the first bump up in mileage on the tempo/MP runs to 11 with 7 @ MP.  I'm debating on 18 or 20 this weekend and it will probably depend on weather on how well I recover from the Thursday run.
avatar
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1481
Points : 4629
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 41
Location : St. Louis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York State of Mind

Post  Nick Morris on Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:41 pm

@mul21 wrote:
@JohnP wrote:It looks like the Hanson plan is going well so far for you. I can't recall you doing so well in training before, this has definite good possibilities going for you.

I've had better training cycles before, but I ended up pretty beat up by the end of them.  Since I'm running NYC this fall, which isn't really a PR race, I'm kind of experimenting with this biking as cross training deal to see if it works out well both to keep me healthy and add some additional fitness.  I'm hoping that the biking along with some massage therapy will keep me in one piece, which it so far has, and we'll see how the fitness shakes out at the end. 

Right now, I can tell I'm building some 5K fitness pretty quickly since the Tuesday Hanson workouts are 3 miles to 5K of intervals each week and they have been getting progressively longer (400m to 1200m) with a 400m recovery and I'm handling them much easier than I did in the early weeks.  Tonight was 4 x 1200 and I stuck with 6:40 pace as I've been doing.  It went better than I expected because I was pretty sore after climbing 6-7 flights of stairs at the baseball game last night, which used a bunch of muscles I don't normally work too much.  I was still pretty tight after the 2 warm up miles, but that all went away after the first 1200. 

I have another work trip this week, so that means another 3 straight days of running, with tomorrow being a 6 mile recovery and Thursday the first bump up in mileage on the tempo/MP runs to 11 with 7 @ MP.  I'm debating on 18 or 20 this weekend and it will probably depend on weather on how well I recover from the Thursday run.

I think the word "better" can be thought of multiple ways.  Just because you have ran more, doesn't make the cycle "better". Think about it...You have made it to the end all beat up.  Is that really better??  Maybe with this cycle you will get to the start line refreshed and the results may be the same or "better".  I like how you are experimenting to see what works best for you.

PS...Go Dodgers!!!
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11957
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York State of Mind

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum