365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I got the chills there multiplyig...

+8
JohnP
mul21
Nick Morris
Mark B
Julie
Admin
Michele "1L" Keane
Kenny B.
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I got the chills there multiplyig... - Page 2 Empty Re: I got the chills there multiplyig...

Post  Kenny B. Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:09 am

Heats never been an issues but I think the locking in of sweat running shirtless is a contributor. Been wearing singlet since the original post so far so good. I'll know more on the next hot humid tough run day.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

I got the chills there multiplyig... - Page 2 Empty Re: I got the chills there multiplyig...

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:32 am

Kenny B. wrote:Heats never been an issues but I think the locking in of sweat running shirtless is a contributor.  Been wearing singlet since the original post so far so good.  I'll know more on the next hot humid tough run day.

You 'll more than likely have to experiment to find an appropriate solution.  Good luck!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:25 pm

Great topic Kenny - timely for me too.  I just had an awful speedwork session - I blame it mostly on being out of shape, but I do think the heat had a lot to do with it too.  I had to break everything off short, only ran 8 of a schedule 10 and only did 10 of my scheduled 12 1/2 mile intervals.  I wan't working near as long or as hard as you were but I still began to feel crampy and couldn't catch my breath by the end of the thing.  Even had to walk briefly for a couple of times.  I wonder if the heat impacts us (runners) that much even on shorter speedwork runs as well?  6-8 mile stuff doesn't normally seem to bother me too much regardless of the heat.  Good luck, I'm sure you'll figure it out...

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:37 pm

Things have gotten better. Been wearing a singlet that might be the answer so the sweat is wicking off my body. Also been adding a bit of salt to my food the night before a hard workout or long run. Laslty took Gatorade a bit earlier in my long run this weekend which helped as well
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:21 pm

Glad to see that you are figuring things out.  I figured that it would be experimenting this and experimenting that...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:38 pm

Thanks Nick
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum