365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Speedway Boogie

+19
T Miller
John Kilpatrick
mountandog
ounce
Jerry
Dave-O
Penelope
Alex Kubacki
JohnP
Julie
Michele "1L" Keane
fostever
Nick Morris
Chris M
Mike MacLellan
Paula Sue
Mark B
Matt W
Schuey
23 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

New Speedway Boogie - Page 5 Empty Re: New Speedway Boogie

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:29 pm

Running with Farnk - I've done that a few times and I miss it.  Great pictures of you too on FB and I see that you got to meet Benji.  He seems to be making incredible progress.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:31 pm

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:Running with Farnk - I've done that a few times and I miss it.  Great pictures of you too on FB and I see that you got to meet Benji.  He seems to be making incredible progress.

Thanks about the picture of Frank and I. Yes I did have the chance to meet Benji on New Year's Day! What an awesome kid and he is making incredible progress. Lisa and I are going up there next weekend to see Benji again and to go out to lunch with Frank.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:39 pm

Friday 1/3/14

13.1 miles, time 1:42, pace 7:47, avg. HR 76%

Nothing really special about today's MLR. I decided to run the first half the Boston course nice easy and slow, I felt good and could have easy ran much faster then what I did. As I have stated early I have learned that not every run has to be fast and there is a benefit to taking it easy and just enjoying the run at a slower pace. 

Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:12 pm

Nice run.  As far as your new way of eating, should you be consuming a whole lot less processed foods, you need to increase your salt intake because the processed foods had a bunch of salt in it.  The book I read recommends 2 grams of salt daily, which is a 1/4 teaspoon.  I will split it into 2 doses of an 1/8th teaspoon in the morning and again in the evening.

During the summer, I'll double it to a half teaspoon a day.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:51 pm

ounce wrote:Nice run.  As far as your new way of eating, should you be consuming a whole lot less processed foods, you need to increase your salt intake because the processed foods had a bunch of salt in it.  The book I read recommends 2 grams of salt daily, which is a 1/4 teaspoon.  I will split it into 2 doses of an 1/8th teaspoon in the morning and again in the evening.

Yes, I have cutout 98% processed foods! Which was a huge challenge at first and was the reason I started my new eating habits at the beginning of December. The only time I have anything that is processed is when we order out for pizza. Hard to give up Chicago pizza. We have gotten much better about that too, we used to have pizza once a week and then we cut it to every other week. We are not to the point to were we will order pizza once a month now. 

As for salt my intake doesn't exceed 500mg (.5grams) a day. Most people don't realize that the our bodies need ver little amounts of sodium to function normally. I have found with how I'm eating now 500mg is easily supplied by natural, unprocessed foods. The interesting thing is that the avg. American diet supplies around 6,000 to 7,000 mg (6 to 7 grams) or more dally.

Last edited by Schuey on Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:28 am

Schuey wrote:
ounce wrote:Nice run.  As far as your new way of eating, should you be consuming a whole lot less processed foods, you need to increase your salt intake because the processed foods had a bunch of salt in it.  The book I read recommends 2 grams of salt daily, which is a 1/4 teaspoon.  I will split it into 2 doses of an 1/8th teaspoon in the morning and again in the evening.

Yes, I have cutout 98% processed foods! Which was a huge challenge at first and was the reason I started my new eating habits at the beginning of December. The only time I have anything that is processed is when we order out for pizza. Hard to give up Chicago pizza. We have gotten much better about that too, we used to have pizza once a week and then we cut it to every other week. We are not to the point to were we will order pizza once a month now. 

As for salt my intake doesn't exceed 500mg (2grams) a day. Most people don't realize that the our bodies need ver little amounts of sodium to function normally. I have found with how I'm eating now 500mg is easily supplied by natural, unprocessed foods. The interesting thing is that the avg. American diet supplies around 6,000 to 7,000 mg (24 to 26 grams) or more dally.
Just so you get your milligram to gram conversion correctly:  1,000 milligrams is equal to 1 gram.  So, 6,000 to 7,000 mg is 6 to 7 grams.

If you start getting dizzy or your head starts swimming, first try increasing your salt...or it's time for PIZZA!
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:11 am

ounce wrote:
Schuey wrote:

As for salt my intake doesn't exceed 500mg (.5grams) a day. Most people don't realize that the our bodies need ver little amounts of sodium to function normally. I have found with how I'm eating now 500mg is easily supplied by natural, unprocessed foods. The interesting thing is that the avg. American diet supplies around 6,000 to 7,000 mg (24 to 26 grams) or more dally.
Just so you get your milligram to gram conversion correctly:  1,000 milligrams is equal to 1 gram.  So, 6,000 to 7,000 mg is 6 to 7 grams.

If you start getting dizzy or your head starts swimming, first try increasing your salt...or it's time for PIZZA!
I typed that wrong what the heck was I thinking yes 1000mg equals 1 gram. I guess that is what I get for doing conversions all week long. And I meant to say that for my daily diet I limit my salt intake to 1500mg to 2000mg (1.5 grams to 2 grams).

During training I am able to replenish anywhere form 300mg to 600mg per hour depending on the weather between taking my Endurolytes, Heed and perpetuem. I have no problem doing this during Ultras but becomes a little more trickier during marathons. I refuse to ever drink Gatorade again the rest of my life that stuff is nothing but shit! So now during marathons I just drink water and take my endurolyte tablets. 

During exercise I think one should be reminded that it's not just about sodium as far as electrolyte replacement. But this is getting of the topic of daily sodium intake for diet.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:23 pm

Schuey wrote:During exercise I think one should be reminded that it's not just about sodium as far as electrolyte replacement. But this is getting of the topic of daily sodium intake for diet.

I know it's off the original topic, but this sounds like you greatly prefer Endurolytes over S-Caps. Yes?

I hear you on Gatorade. Stuff's nasty.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:22 pm

Mark B wrote:
Schuey wrote:During exercise I think one should be reminded that it's not just about sodium as far as electrolyte replacement. But this is getting of the topic of daily sodium intake for diet.

I know it's off the original topic, but this sounds like you greatly prefer Endurolytes over S-Caps. Yes?

Oh yes by far prefer Endurolytes over S-Caps!

Here are a copy of good articles for you to read:

http://www.hammernutrition.com/knowledge/oral-sodium-solutions-prevent-severe-or-critical-hyponatremia.1791.html?sect=endurance-library-section

http://www.hammernutrition.com/knowledge/Electrolyte-Replenishment----Why-It-is-So-Important-and-How-to-Do-It-Right.17090.html?sect=essential-knowledge-section

http://www.hammernutrition.com/knowledge/how-should-a-person-replace-electrolytes-and-fluids-during-endurance-efforts.296.html

http://www.hammernutrition.com/downloads/ceg10.pdf

4. Inconsistent Electrolyte Supplementation
Consuming sufficient amounts of calories and fluids during workouts and races is an obvious necessity. Consistent electrolyte supplementation is equally important. Just as your car's engine requires sufficient oil to keep its many parts running smoothly, your body requires electrolytic minerals to maintain smooth performance of vital functions such as muscle contraction. Athletes who neglect this important component of fueling will impair their performance, and may incur painful and debilitating cramping and spasms, a sure way to ruin a workout or race.
However, this doesn't mean that athletes should indiscriminately ingest copious amounts of one or more electrolytes; sodium (salt) is usually the most misused. Supplementing with only one electrolyte or consuming too much of one or more electrolytic minerals overrides the complex and precise mechanisms that regulate proper electrolyte balance. The solution is to provide the body with a balanced blend of these important minerals in a dose that cooperates with and enhances body mechanisms. Salt tablets alone cannot sufficiently satisfy electrolyte requirements, and excess salt consumption will cause more problems than it resolves.
Additionally, remember that electrolyte replenishment is important even when it's, not hot outside. Sure, you may not need as much as you would in hotter weather, but your body still requires consistent replenishment of these minerals to maintain the optimal performance of many important bodily functions. You don't wait until you dehydrate before you drink fluids, or until you bonk before you put some calories back in your body, do you? Of course not. You fulfill your fueling requirements before the consequences of inadequate replenishment strike. The same principle applies to electrolyte replenishment. Going back to the engine/oil analogy, you don't wait until the engine seizes before refilling the oil reservoir. The same is true for electrolytes, the body's motor oil, in that you don't want to wait until you start cramping before you replenish these important minerals.

Also please me be clear to say that I'm know there are all kinds of products out there on the market. Along with that there is all kinds of information and theories. Over the last year I have come to found what has been working for me and since I have been using Hammer products and practicing more of the theories that they write about I have seen great results in how I feel and how my training and racing goes. I made some changes this past fall before running Chicago and the things I did made a huge difference in how I felt during and after the race. The same went for when running JKF compared to what I did during the North Country 50 miler. I guess for me what Hammer is doing with there products seem to work very well for my body and my mind set and approach to being healthily, training and racing.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:10 pm

So, Mark, the low carb population on the boards is now 2.  Schuey, too, is a rebel and/or a proud n=1 guinea pig.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:49 pm

Schuey wrote:
Mark B wrote:

http://www.hammernutrition.com/knowledge/oral-sodium-solutions-prevent-severe-or-critical-hyponatremia.1791.html?sect=endurance-library-section

http://www.hammernutrition.com/knowledge/Electrolyte-Replenishment----Why-It-is-So-Important-and-How-to-Do-It-Right.17090.html?sect=essential-knowledge-section

http://www.hammernutrition.com/knowledge/how-should-a-person-replace-electrolytes-and-fluids-during-endurance-efforts.296.html

Consuming sufficient amounts of calories and fluids during workouts and races is an obvious necessity. Consistent electrolyte supplementation is equally important. Just as your car's engine requires sufficient oil to keep its many parts running smoothly, your body requires electrolytic minerals to maintain smooth performance of vital functions such as muscle contraction. Athletes who neglect this important component of fueling will impair their performance, and may incur painful and debilitating cramping and spasms, a sure way to ruin a workout or race.
However, this doesn't mean that athletes should indiscriminately ingest copious amounts of one or more electrolytes; sodium (salt) is usually the most misused. Supplementing with only one electrolyte or consuming too much of one or more electrolytic minerals overrides the complex and precise mechanisms that regulate proper electrolyte balance. The solution is to provide the body with a balanced blend of these important minerals in a dose that cooperates with and enhances body mechanisms. Salt tablets alone cannot sufficiently satisfy electrolyte requirements, and excess salt consumption will cause more problems than it resolves.
Additionally, remember that electrolyte replenishment is important even when it's, not hot outside. Sure, you may not need as much as you would in hotter weather, but your body still requires consistent replenishment of these minerals to maintain the optimal performance of many important bodily functions. You don't wait until you dehydrate before you drink fluids, or until you bonk before you put some calories back in your body, do you? Of course not. You fulfill your fueling requirements before the consequences of inadequate replenishment strike. The same principle applies to electrolyte replenishment. Going back to the engine/oil analogy, you don't wait until the engine seizes before refilling the oil reservoir. The same is true for electrolytes, the body's motor oil, in that you don't want to wait until you start cramping before you replenish these important minerals.

Also please me be clear to say that I'm know there are all kinds of products out there on the market. Along with that there is all kinds of information and theories. Over the last year I have come to found what has been working for me and since I have been using Hammer products and practicing more of the theories that they write about I have seen great results in how I feel and how my training and racing goes. I made some changes this past fall before running Chicago and the things I did made a huge difference in how I felt during and after the race. The same went for when running JKF compared to what I did during the North Country 50 miler. I guess for me what Hammer is doing with there products seem to work very well for my body and my mind set and approach to being healthily, training and racing.

Good information, Schuey. Thanks! I've used both S-Caps and "E-Caps" - and while the S-Caps have worked fine (and certainly are cheaper and require fewer doses), I think I may have noticed slightly better results with Endurolytes. As I get going on my next adventure, I'll probably switch to Endurolytes and see how that goes.

ounce wrote:So, Mark, the low carb population on the boards is now 2.  Schuey, too, is a rebel and/or a proud n=1 guinea pig.

I lost 47 pounds (enough fat to fill a 5-gallon bucket) on the South Beach Diet about 9 years ago, so you don't need to sell me on the benefits of not turning yourself into a feeder cow.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:06 am

Mark B wrote:
Schuey wrote:
Mark B wrote:

Good information, Schuey. Thanks! I've used both S-Caps and "E-Caps" - and while the S-Caps have worked fine (and certainly are cheaper and require fewer doses), I think I may have noticed slightly better results with Endurolytes. As I get going on my next adventure, I'll probably switch to Endurolytes and see how that goes.

ounce wrote:So, Mark, the low carb population on the boards is now 2.  Schuey, too, is a rebel and/or a proud n=1 guinea pig.

I lost 47 pounds (enough fat to fill a 5-gallon bucket) on the South Beach Diet about 9 years ago, so you don't need to sell me on the benefits of not turning yourself into a feeder cow.

Mark - did you like the South Beach Diet? That's the diet my doctor puts his patients on. Martin and I are doing The Flexitarian Diet.
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:28 am

Saturday 1/4/14

10.12 miles, time 1:13, pace 7:13, avg. HR 78%

Well,do to some time constraints today ( I had chores to do and I slept in) I settled for just another 10 mile run. Nothing really special about I played with the incline from 0% up to 5% throughout the whole run. I'm really happy with how this week has been going and can really start to feel my running groove again. It's funny no matter what you do in life that once you motivate and put your mind to something how much fun and easy it can be to do! Sure I know as the training cycle goes on there will be those days and even weeks but the bottom line is that running is fun. It's fun when I'm motivated about it and for the first time in a long time I can see myself being focused again and excited to train and race come April! Yeah the Bull has found that love again and I'm really digging running!

WARREN HAYNES
"Sick Of My Shadow"

I want to go for a long walk
I might need some company
Someone I can relate to
Someone other than me
I'm tired of these conversations
I keep on having in my head
But it's a long way home once you've made your bed

I'm sick of my shadow
Want to shed my skin
Sick of my shadow
What a shape I'm in
Sick of myself, and everything I do
I'm sick of my shadow since I lost you

Oh yeah so I got some problems
What else is new?
I spend too much time in my black and white world
Trying to paint it blue
But we cant all be like you, dear
With your million dollar smile
Some of us don't bounce back
We stay down for a while

All I need is that one shot
One big lucky break
I can finally wipe the slate clean
Pay for all my mistakes
Just let me roll 'em hot tonight Jesus
I swear I'll walk away
Lose this chip on my shoulder
Keep my demons at bay

I'm sick of my shadow
Want to shed my skin
Sick of my shadow
What a shape I'm in

Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:39 pm

Sunday 1/5/14

15 miles, time 1:51:28, pace 7:25, avg. HR 74%

Can't complain strong way to end the first week of training for Boston. The only down side to the week was I missed my target goal of 100 miles by something like 5 miles this week. I would have to add up the actual mile for the exact total, either way I came up short of that weekly goal. To be honest it's all good because overall it was a fantastic week and the important thing is I was consistent this week and that says a lot! The Bull train is finally rolling down the track!

Today I deiced to warm-up for a 1.5 miles of 0% incline and then I ran the miles 10 to 15 of the Boston course and then 7 miles of my downhill Utah course I mapped and then finished up the run with 1.5 miles @ 0% incline. I will have to spend some time this week mapping some more new runs. Especially downhill course, I will say it again for me my prep for Boston is all about a lot of downhill running the more I do the more confident I will feel when I toe that line in April! 

Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:15 am

Schuey wrote:Saturday 1/4/14

10.12 miles, time 1:13, pace 7:13, avg. HR 78%

Well,do to some time constraints today ( I had chores to do and I slept in) I settled for just another 10 mile run. Nothing really special about I played with the incline from 0% up to 5% throughout the whole run. I'm really happy with how this week has been going and can really start to feel my running groove again. It's funny no matter what you do in life that once you motivate and put your mind to something how much fun and easy it can be to do! Sure I know as the training cycle goes on there will be those days and even weeks but the bottom line is that running is fun. It's fun when I'm motivated about it and for the first time in a long time I can see myself being focused again and excited to train and race come April! Yeah the Bull has found that love again and I'm really digging running!

WARREN HAYNES
"Sick Of My Shadow"

I want to go for a long walk
I might need some company
Someone I can relate to
Someone other than me
I'm tired of these conversations
I keep on having in my head
But it's a long way home once you've made your bed

I'm sick of my shadow
Want to shed my skin
Sick of my shadow
What a shape I'm in

Oh yeah so I got some problems
What else is new?
I spend too much time in my black and white world
Trying to paint it blue
But we cant all be like you, dear
With your million dollar smile
Some of us don't bounce back
We stay down for a while

All I need is that one shot
One big lucky break
I can finally wipe the slate clean
Pay for all my mistakes
Just let me roll 'em hot tonight Jesus
I swear I'll walk away
Lose this chip on my shoulder
Keep my demons at bay

I'm sick of my shadow
Want to shed my skin
Sick of my shadow
What a shape I'm in

I like Lisa's music taste way better ...
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:38 pm

Thanks for the Endurolyte links.  I have used S-caps for years with success and I've been reluctant to switch, but might see how things work in training.  I am a fan of Nuun and use it frequently even during "normal" training (shorter long runs).  I really hate Gatorade and have carried Nuun for my last couple of marathons (except Indy).  I hate wearing a belt when "racing" but I only drank Gatorade 2x at Indy since I was well hydrated and did supplement with the s-caps.  Maybe all I need is the endurolytes as my issue is not sodium (although I do not eat many processed foods I do use "salt" in my own cooking and in leading up to a marathon race) but potassium.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:40 pm

That's ok Jerry I undertand, my taste in music is more of "music for the mind", takes a little thinking and involvement. HaHa

Actually Lisa loves Warren and is voice and guitar playing is amazing! 

Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:54 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote:Mark - did you like the South Beach Diet? That's the diet my doctor puts his patients on. Martin and I are doing The Flexitarian Diet.

Like it? We loved it. We both lost a lot of weight (I lost 47 pounds, and I think Alita lost something like 30.), saw our blood chemistry improve and generally felt great. The only downside is that it requires a lot of work in the kitchen, and that can be hard to fit into a busy schedule.

We were also pretty sedentary at the time. Combining this sort of diet with training would be tricky. I've tried it before and was amazed at how much it slowed me down at the same heart rate. That's what happens when you're only burning fat, I suppose.

We still use some aspects of the diet today - mostly trying to eat more veggies - but the biggest thing I've noticed after the fact is how it reset how my body deals with sugary things. I used to be able to chow down on sweets without a second thought. Now, it makes me feel awful. Sugar is poison.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:30 pm

Mark B wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote:Mark - did you like the South Beach Diet? That's the diet my doctor puts his patients on. Martin and I are doing The Flexitarian Diet.

Like it? We loved it. We both lost a lot of weight (I lost 47 pounds, and I think Alita lost something like 30.), saw our blood chemistry improve and generally felt great. The only downside is that it requires a lot of work in the kitchen, and that can be hard to fit into a busy schedule.

We were also pretty sedentary at the time. Combining this sort of diet with training would be tricky. I've tried it before and was amazed at how much it slowed me down at the same heart rate. That's what happens when you're only burning fat, I suppose.

We still use some aspects of the diet today - mostly trying to eat more veggies - but the biggest thing I've noticed after the fact is how it reset how my body deals with sugary things. I used to be able to chow down on sweets without a second thought. Now, it makes me feel awful. Sugar is poison.

Not only is sugar poison it is a HUGE cause for HIGH CHOLESTEROL and most people don't even know it!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:37 pm

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:Thanks for the Endurolyte links.  I have used S-caps for years with success and I've been reluctant to switch, but might see how things work in training.  I am a fan of Nuun and use it frequently even during "normal" training (shorter long runs).  I really hate Gatorade and have carried Nuun for my last couple of marathons (except Indy).  I hate wearing a belt when "racing" but I only drank Gatorade 2x at Indy since I was well hydrated and did supplement with the s-caps.  Maybe all I need is the endurolytes as my issue is not sodium (although I do not eat many processed foods I do use "salt" in my own cooking and in leading up to a marathon race) but potassium.

They make a Fizz which is the same as the Endurolyte tablet which I use when I training and running on the treadmill. It woks the same as the nunn you place it in the water. When it comes to racing I will put the Endurolyte tablets in separate 1/4 size bags and put them in my side pockets on my shorts. I tried this for the first time at Chicago and I believe I took them at 1 hour and 2 hour mark. I would take the one bag out and pop the tablets in and take water at the aid station. Worked like a charm.

Like I have said before I hate Gatorade and never train or drink it but feel as if I was stuck doing it during a race. I noticed in my Ultras I would not drink gatorade but was pretty much only taking my Hammer products and I would noticed a huge difference in how I felt during and after a race (excluding my attempt of trying something different at North Country). So, again I decided this past fall I would take my Hammer stuff and only drink water during the Chicago Marathon. End result I felt better during the race and for the first time ever at the end of a marathon I didn't get a single calf cramp! I really contribute this to the Endurolytes and drinking water and staying away from that nasty SUGAR water drink called Gatorshit!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:39 pm

Monday 1/6/14

10 miles, time 1:10:03, pace 7:00, avg. HR 74%

This run was a nice easy progression cutdown started at an 8:00 pace all the way down to 6:32. I have been very good about taking care of the little things to help able me to continue along the way that I have been. I am very aware that in a few weeks it would be a little tough and some fatigue might play a factor. Although I'm hoping that the little new things I'm doing will help reduce this. 
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:33 pm

Yes I'm running and will have some updates. The past couple of weeks have just been crazy busy for me, huge projects going on in the other life outside of running. So, between and training I haven't had the time to post and blog like I want to. But anyway things are moving along just fine! Cheers
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave P Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:17 am

Just like me Schuey, not much time to post, but getting the training done.
Dave P
Dave P
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:05 pm

Kristina helping dad make good use to the treadmill this winter.

Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:43 pm

I guess it's time to give a training update, it's been awhile!

Week 11 2/3-2/9 Boston 2014

Monday: 10.08 miles easy @ 7:03 pace (1:11:01)

Tuesday: 10:02 miles tempo 4mi warm-up @ 7:03 pace (28:13), 4mi tempo @ 6:04 (6:07, 6:07, 6:04 & 6:00) 24:18 and 2.02 cool-down @ 6:39 (13.26). Avg. pace 6:37 total time 1:06:02

Wednesday: 13.10 miles MLR @ 7:15 pace (1:35:01)

Thursday: 10.05 miles recovery @ 7:40 pace (1:17:01)

3 more days to go and looking forward to a great end to a good weekend of running!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum