365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

12 more months

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 12 more months

Post  Julie on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:10 pm

Haha, women don't ever think "yay hormones!" either. I think we dislike them as much as the dear men who have to put up with us. Very Happy  Add that to good sleep deprivation and I'm about as level-headed as can be (where's the sarcastic emoticon?)

Oh and about those PT exercises....gotta get going on those.of course my PT is one of my running friends, too.
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie on Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:14 pm

bom bom bom bom bom bom bom bom bom No No No No No No No affraid Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball What a Face What a Face Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad cheers cheers cheers cheers Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation clown Neutral Neutral Neutral Neutral Neutral Neutral affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love youpig Very Happy affraid affraid  I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:52 am

I ran with walking breaks 3 miles yesterday and today. Today was with one of my running friends. 72 degrees, 98% humidity!

Also did my PT ex. after my run this morning since everyone else in the house was sleeping. My left knee is a little achy and I want to be careful with it.

Goals this week  : log everything I eat and try to lose at least 3 lbs (I still have extra fluid so it's not unreasonable) and keep up 3 miles daily.
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie on Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:39 pm

Mon - 3 mi plus PT ex in evening

Tue 3 mi, still have to do my PT ex. My left knee isn't really running sore but it feels very unstable just when bending down and doing things around the house. I used my K-tape on it this a.m. I ran my 3 mi in 35 min again. Not super fast but I think I might run 4 mi tomorrow and see how it goes.

I'm eager to get back to my running group but I know I don't want an injury plus it's so hard to time with feeding the boys and pumping for them. J had her 4 yr old well child check up and it was a flurry of activity trying to get everyone fed and out the door on time. Of course when we got home it's unload the car and feed them again! 

And with my fellow midwesterners, I am eager for the cold front that is supposed to get us out of our record hot Sept. I bet that will help running feel easier, too. That and the wt loss that is coming along but not as fast as I'd like it to. I was following a high protein, high calorie diet for the twin pregnancy trying to get them nice and big. It worked, they were very good sized for 35 week twins but now I am left with a chunk to lose!
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:21 pm

I admire you, Julie.  I only had one kid and didn't get back into things nearly as quickly. make sure the knee is cooperating and don't push too hard or too fast, girl.

I, too, am hoping for those cooler temps again as it is 98F here in NE Ohio.   No worries, though as it will be 52-53F on Sunday morning when Chris and I run.
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie on Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:17 pm

Thanks Michele - yes it was in the 90s for a couple of weeks. Today just 80-something and we got a very nice t-storm with a good amount of rain last night through the early a.m.

4 miles today but the last mile was a lot of walking. It was 99% humidity and 72 I think. I also did some of my PT exercises between babies and big girl needing me.  So tired but I figure every day we survive is a success and one day closer to the babies being a little bit easier!
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie on Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:26 am

4 miles yesterday and today but yesterday was 99% humidity I think and today was down to 50-some degrees! I changed into a long sleeved shirt at the last minute after opening the door. Granted my sleeves were rolled up after a half mile but there was definitely a hint of fall in the air. Still around a 13 minute pace, not that I'm timing but I'm loosely keeping track of how long it takes me so I know when I have to leave and when I have to be back.

I've already lost 3 lbs this week, may as well aim for 4 at this point! Trialing dairy free the next few weeks, see if it helps N and J spit up less.
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:24 am

@Julie wrote:4 miles yesterday and today but yesterday was 99% humidity I think and today was down to 50-some degrees! I changed into a long sleeved shirt at the last minute after opening the door. Granted my sleeves were rolled up after a half mile but there was definitely a hint of fall in the air. Still around a 13 minute pace, not that I'm timing but I'm loosely keeping track of how long it takes me so I know when I have to leave and when I have to be back.

I've already lost 3 lbs this week, may as well aim for 4 at this point! Trialing dairy free the next few weeks, see if it helps N and J spit up less.
Good to see that you are getting some miles in again, no matter what the pace.  And at this point you are right that pace doesn't matter.  It was a little chilly this morning here, too.  It saddens me a bit that summer is more than likely gone.
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:48 am

Thanks Nick, I'm pretty OK with summer being over since I love fall but fall always reminds me that winter is around the corner and I hate winter.
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:08 pm

@Julie wrote:Thanks Nick, I'm pretty OK with summer being over since I love fall but fall always reminds me that winter is around the corner and I hate winter.
Agree.  I get sort of sad on June 21st when it's the longest day of the year and I know they're starting to get shorter, and then really sad when we have to turn the clocks back and the days are suddenly really short an it's colder.  I love summer, and would like fall better if winter wouldn't come.

Great running!!! Keep it up! And great job on the weight loss--I have found that every few pounds really does help.  I love running with other people too--to have someone to talk to really helps make the miles fly by and is just fun, too.

I hope someday I get married and have kids, and if I do, I have always secretly wanted twins.  I'm sure way harder than 1 infant, but seems like fun.  And they're so cute laying right next to each other in the pictures.
Penelope
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie on Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:54 am

Kathy - my daughter was extremely high needs and had extreme problems nursing (La Leche League published the story of our first year) so her first year was pretty much a blur but even with that,  I had to say twins are more than twice the work. It's so hard to have them both happy at the same time and when they're both crying it's so hard. Of course they're having problems nursing too so it's a lot of work yet again.  But they're awesome, too, and I can't complain. We were praying for twins and are very blessed to have them here safely and healthy.

Well, Sat was a planned rest day, felt good to get a little more than 4 hrs of sleep! Very Happy  Sun I planned to run 4 miles but ended up about 2.5 miles and then some bad tendon pain (I think) in my groin. I was forced to walk and it was really not fun. So today I haven't exercised yet but plan to get out my Pilates dvd in a few minutes and then take my kids for a jogging stroller walk later. One advantage of the high being 70 today vs 100!! It's just tricky to find a time when N and J are both fed and I have to follow up every nursing session with pumping so by the time that whole cycle is done it's about time to start again. But we'll make it work.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to meet a friend for a run but I've already warned her it might be mostly walking. It's hard to remember that I have gone from 0 miles running to 20 ish and that is a jump for a few weeks and even though my brain doesn't think it's too far to run 3 or 4 miles a day it's much more than I've done since January so I still need to play it safe. Trying to follow Michele's advice and be careful, though!

I lost 3 lbs last week, trying for another 3-4 this week. Dairy free is going fine, just miss cheese and of course most of the freezer meals I made have dairy in the so Brian and J can eat them while I eat brown rice and meatballs, or whatever else we have. I have no help this week so I'm all about survival and keeping the kids fed. Anything else is a bonus at this point.
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Enright on Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:08 pm

I'm tired just reading your blog post about your day! You should get a medal at the end of every day!

Hang in there - any running you get done is a little miracle.
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:54 pm

@Julie wrote:I'm all about survival and keeping the kids fed. Anything else is a bonus at this point.
Amen! Do whatever you can, nap whenever you can, fuel as much as you can... and try to hang on. This is one crazy time, but you'll get it under control.
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope on Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:10 pm

@Mark B wrote:
@Julie wrote:I'm all about survival and keeping the kids fed. Anything else is a bonus at this point.
Amen! Do whatever you can, nap whenever you can, fuel as much as you can... and try to hang on. This is one crazy time, but you'll get it under control.
Yes, exactly!
Do what you can when you feel you can and don't worry if it's walking some or logging a 0 miles more often than not. Between 2 infants that are trying to nurse, and your 4-year-old, and everything else in life you have going on, you must be exhausted.  I'm impressed you're getting out at all.

Okay, re the twins: I can't even fathom how hard it is.  I've never even had 1.  I've always sort of thought twins would be cool but I can imagine how crazy it must be with 2 of them to keep settled, and trying to nurse, etc.
Penelope
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP on Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:37 am

Earlier this year, we babysat three year old twins for about three days. I agree with your comment - twins are more than double the work. There was rarely a moment free, and those kids were so active. Plus it was amusing watching either one of them get completely swayed by the other one. You should have a lot of fun with them. And it's good you are taking it slow ramping up the running - there is no need to rush it.
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie on Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:35 am

Oh boy, John, I was hoping you'd say they entertained themselves are we so easy. They're going to be fun, I'm sure, it's just pretty intense right now.

Thanks for stopping in, Michael. I get tired reading about my day, too! Very Happy 

Mark - thanks! Yeah, they're almost 2 mos old so hey, we're making it.

Kathy - yeah I don't think anyone has an idea how crazy it is. My in-laws were here and they thought we'd want to sit around and visit or something. Ha! I only sit to nurse or pump. They were not prepared to see how crazy stressed and busy we are.

So yesterday I got my walk in with the kids. It went well and of course perfect timing to get home, have them nurse again. I wanted to do my Pilates dvd but the media player on the computer didn't work (we don't have a tv/dvd player) so I just wasted 20 minutes with a crashing player and restarting it.

This morning I met a friend early early and run 4.5 miles with her. It was great and she thinks another friend of ours wouldn't mind going a little slower once a week so maybe I can start just meeting both of them once a week.  My tendon/groin area just was sensitive for a few minutes around 1 mile and then felt fine. Not sure if I should run again tomorrow or do Pilates on my newly re-installed media player. Very Happy
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:38 pm

Excellent job, girl!  Careful with that tender groin area - I had the same issue after my woman's surgery last year and I'm not sure of the cause but the adductors tend to be very tight and for you it may be coupled with some hormonal stuff with the nursing and all. I am so proud of all you are doing!  I hope your friend can run with you in the mornings too - a little Mom time is the key here, and I think that you must have a great hubby who realizes that.  

By the way, how is your daughter handling the fact that she isn't necessarily the center of attention anymore?  I'm hoping the age spread helps and that she sees how important it is to be a big sister, but you never know.  Does she go to any type of pre-school to get some time away?  Wonder if there would be a benefit there?  But what would I know, I only have one who is now 20, so that amnesia is pretty strong.
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope on Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:22 pm

Okay, you all are talking me out of my twins desire!  Kind of....
I vote for pilates just because it's probably easier to coordinate it.  If you can get them both to go to sleep and can do it then, for example, as opposed to having to figure out with your husband a time to run since you can't leave the kids alone....and if J is there, she can imitate you on pilates if she isn't napping too.

I miss my running partner! Enjoy the runs with your friends, no matter how slow or fast.
Penelope
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey on Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:13 pm

Again congrats on the twins! And awesome job getting back to the running, your doing awesome!!
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie on Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:07 pm

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:Excellent job, girl!  Careful with that tender groin area - I had the same issue after my woman's surgery last year and I'm not sure of the cause but the adductors tend to be very tight and for you it may be coupled with some hormonal stuff with the nursing and all. I am so proud of all you are doing!  I hope your friend can run with you in the mornings too - a little Mom time is the key here, and I think that you must have a great hubby who realizes that.  

By the way, how is your daughter handling the fact that she isn't necessarily the center of attention anymore?  I'm hoping the age spread helps and that she sees how important it is to be a big sister, but you never know.  Does she go to any type of pre-school to get some time away?  Wonder if there would be a benefit there?  But what would I know, I only have one who is now 20, so that amnesia is pretty strong.
Michele - Jocelyn is doing OK although she definitely has meltdowns about how she's not getting as much attention now and misses spending time with me. She is, fortunately, very verbal and very good about sharing her feelings. I try to have her tell me one specific thing she wants me to do with her each day and we work really hard at doing 1:1 things together. We are home schooling and actually I think the individual attention with preschool is helpful. We have to stay fairly isolated now due to the babies' prematurity and not wanting to give them any extra germs.

@Penelope wrote:Okay, you all are talking me out of my twins desire!  Kind of....
I vote for pilates just because it's probably easier to coordinate it.  If you can get them both to go to sleep and can do it then, for example, as opposed to having to figure out with your husband a time to run since you can't leave the kids alone....and if J is there, she can imitate you on pilates if she isn't napping too.

I miss my running partner! Enjoy the runs with your friends, no matter how slow or fast.
Well, I didn't make the Pilates happen any way because babies woke up early that morning so there went my next 1.5 hrs. Haha. And preschool and dishes and all that stuff. I love my running group. They're probably my closest local friends but it makes sense since it's so great for giving lots of time with each other. I definitely don't have any other friends I can spend an hour with talking every morning (when I do get into running).

@Schuey wrote:Again congrats on the twins! And awesome job getting back to the running, your doing awesome!!
Thanks Martin! Not easy but hopefully soon things get easier.

Wednesday I ran 4 miles again, felt good although it was quite humid still.
Thursday - rest day. I wanted to do Pilates but it got too crazy with N and J waking up early and feeding them and working a lot on preschool with J. We got a lot done, though.
Friday - 4 miles. I think I found every hill in our city. Well, not every one but I found some good ones. Very much felt like fall with 50-some degrees and just a beautiful morning. I forgot my water bottle at home but it was cool enough I figured I'd survive.

This weekend is Omaha marathon and I think that will be my goal next fall vs Grand Island's inaugural marathon just because GI's is through the state fair and family will have to pay admission to spectate and the whole city is going to be so crowded. I've run Omaha full once and the half 2 or 3 times, I think 2, and while it's not my favorite, I know they have experience and it's decently organized. Plus a few weeks later increases chances for good temperatures, although it got in the 80s a few yrs ago for it.

I'm just wondering if I'm doing things right to get back into shape. I think I am. I am just trying to gradually build mileage, pushing myself without injury. I think a year before my first marathon (also Omaha), I wasn't really running that great. I didn't run 13 miles till that May. I still have a lot of weight to lose, too, but I lost 2 lbs this week so far. It's just hard nursing and being hungry and needing to eat enough for the babies yet still losing wt. I tend to be such an all or nothing person it's a lot easier to just not eat very much and focus on it but I just can't do anything too crazy right now.
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:17 pm

Homeschooling as well - you are awesome, Julie - I am truly not worthy (but am looking forward to the day I make it to Nebraska to run).
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:21 pm

Thanks Michele - I'm exhausted and pre-school doesn't happen as much as I'd like but we're getting through it, she's learning and I don't have quite as much pressure on myself this year since she just turned 4 in July. I look forward to your Nebraska run. If you run Lincoln we'll definitely have to get together.

Sat- 5 miles. I left the house a little earlier to see if I could cover 5 miles, not necessarily fast. Got it done.
Sun - met 3 of my running friends! Great to see them even if I could only keep up with the other ladies for a mile and then ran the rest with my good friend and 50 states x 3 friend who is 74 and claims he's slowing down.  We ran 6 miles with plenty of walking breaks.
Mon - 6.5 mi. Not supposed to be that long but my friend got us lost in a neighborhood with lots of curved streets. My other friend and I were a little panicked trying to get home on time (and she ended up late for work) The run felt OK, definitely needed walk breaks and my one friend had just run Omaha marathon yesterday so she wanted the breaks as much or more than I did anyway so I didn't feel so bad.

Overall, feeling pretty good. My knee gets sore once in awhile and my groin hasn't been an issue for the last week which is a relief. For this week, I plan to rest tomorrow and then meet Bill, my 50 state friend a few times for early morning runs. I feel safer running with someone else even if I stick to main streets by myself and running next to major streets is kind of noisy anyway so I think I'll meet him a bit. It's funny because we're both introverts and sometimes hard to keep up a conversation with just the two of us but since I haven't run with him since November we just chatted away catching up on his grandkids and my kids and all that fun stuff. Thanks for reading and for the support. I still feel really deconditioned and heavy but I think I'm moving in the right direction.
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards on Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:47 pm

You continue to amaze me!
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:24 am

Congrats on the two-month birthday for your beautiful little guys!!!!  We need more pictures!!
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie on Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:01 pm

Since you asked, Michele, here they are last evening. My friend took it on her phone. 

They've both had colds since Sat then Jocelyn came down with it too so it's been a very long week.

I ran 6 miles yesterday and 5 miles today with my 50 states friend. I'm just so beyond tired I need to figure out how to get some sleep.  Otherwise feeling OK.
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top