365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  ounce on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:19 am

@Nick Morris wrote:Ahhhhhhh!!!!!  It's race week ounce!!!!!
Well, of course it is, silly.   Rolling Eyes 

Isn't it apparent that I'm in the TAPER MAAAAAAADNESS VORTEX!!!!!?
@Mark B wrote:Dude's been sandbagging us all along. I knew it.
Pfft.  Had I know I was this fast, I would've been doing that 10-something pace during the summer, so I could've used reversed logic again and been in the 9's.  DAMN, I've wasted this whole cycle. Evil or Very Mad 

Wouldn't that have been a heckuva PR to have gone from 13 minute PR to a 9 minute PR? Shocked
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:42 am

@ounce wrote:Wouldn't that have been a heckuva PR to have gone from 13 minute PR to a 9 minute PR? Shocked

Crazy thing is, it's not as impossible as it sounds.
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:10 pm

@Mark B wrote:
@ounce wrote:Wouldn't that have been a heckuva PR to have gone from 13 minute PR to a 9 minute PR? Shocked

Do you think I can get down to 9 minute pace in just 5 days???????????

TELL ME, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!  I CAN DO IT!!!

bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce 

Running  Running  Running  Running  Running  Running  Running  Running  Running  Running  Running  Running  Running 
 Running  Running  Running  Running  Running  Running  Running  Running  Running  Running  Running  Running  Running
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:34 pm

@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:

bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce 

Absolutely you can get down to a 9-minute pace.

But how far are you expecting to go at that speed?
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce on Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:07 pm

@Mark B wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:

However long the race is, I would think.
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B on Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:27 pm

@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:

As long as the race is 5K, sure! Otherwise, it might take a *little* more time than five days. Sowwy.
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce on Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:55 pm

@Mark B wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:

As long as the race is 5K, sure! Otherwise, it might take a *little* more time than five days. Sowwy.

Do you think I could get an official finish with a 5 day, 9 minute pace run?  And I have no idea what running term "Sowwy" relates.
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:15 pm

@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:

Do you think I could get an official finish with a 5 day, 9 minute pace run?  And I have no idea what running term "Sowwy" relates.

Sowwy is Mark's speech impediment coming through. I think he means "Sorry" SmileSmile
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce on Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:23 pm

@Nick Morris wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:

Sowwy is Mark's speech impediment coming through.  I think he means "Sorry"  SmileSmile

Mark should get that fixed.  Shame a speech impediment can become a typing impediment.  Whodathunk? 

Besides that negative thinking just won't get you anywhere in life. 

I'll work on the 9 minute pace, this week, and see how it feels.  I don't want to leave anything on the street, when I finish this marathon!!!
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B on Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:27 pm

@ounce wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:

Sowwy is Mark's speech impediment coming through.  I think he means "Sorry"  SmileSmile

Mark should get that fixed.  Shame a speech impediment can become a typing impediment.  Whodathunk? 

I'll work on the 9 minute pace, this week, and see how it feels.  I don't want to leave anything on the street, when I finish this marathon!!!

I always tend to run faster barefoot, so maybe this would be a good time for you to ditch the shoes and let your feet fly!
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce on Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:32 pm

@Mark B wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:

I always tend to run faster barefoot, so maybe this would be a good time for you to ditch the shoes and let your feet fly!

I've run in the Vibrams, but they didn't have wings on them. Which brand have the wings like Dodge...no, Mercury?
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B on Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:33 pm

@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:

I've run in the Vibrams, but they didn't have wings on them. Which brand have the wings like Dodge...no, Mercury?

FTD
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:27 pm

@Mark B wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:

FTD

Mercury wore winged shoes.
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:10 pm

But I've gotten so much faster in Vibrams.
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:22 pm

Just in case you want to plan your next race...

Disney Acquires Badwater 135
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:36 pm

@Mark B wrote:Just in case you want to plan your next race...

At LAST, a race where I don't have to worry about being cold.
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:07 am

You want 72 degree then?
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:25 am

@ounce wrote:

I heard Disney wants to bring in snow machines and make it a multi-extremes race.
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:33 am

@Nick Morris wrote:
@ounce wrote:

I heard Disney wants to bring in snow machines and make it a multi-extremes race.

Really, I heard it was ice cream machine, the new Disney Brand.
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce on Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:09 pm

@Jerry wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@ounce wrote:

Gosh, wouldn't that be just the neatest thing to have ice cream, while running a marathon???

What does the '135' stand for in the name?  Surely, it's not the number of people that enter.
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry on Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:33 pm

It looks like the temperature is creeping up ...
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:51 pm

@ounce wrote:
@Jerry wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@ounce wrote:

Gosh, wouldn't that be just the neatest thing to have ice cream, while running a marathon???

What does the '135' stand for in the name?  Surely, it's not the number of people that enter.
The number of miles run.  The Badwater RD took offense to this - too bad as I thought it was pretty funny.
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce on Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:08 pm

@Jerry wrote:It looks like the temperature is creeping up ...

Shh! 

Hey, who gave this new, lazy American typing rights?
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry on Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:08 pm

@ounce wrote:

Shh! 

The First Amendment.
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:27 pm

@ounce wrote:

Shh! 

You make it sound like Jerry is new to being lazy...Far from the truth Smile
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top