365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clawing My Way Back

+26
healdgator
ounce
Michele "1L" Keane
jon c
Jim Lentz
Joel H
Alex Kubacki
Julie
Paula Sue
Tom H
Liz R
Seth Harrison
Mark B
John Kilpatrick
Natalie
Ken Mello
Peg Coover
Tea from RonItch
dot520
Matt W
Jerry
Kenny B.
Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Dave-O
Michael Mitchell
30 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 40 Empty Re: Clawing My Way Back

Post  Mark B Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:07 pm

Sorry about your mom, Michael. I lost my mom to a stroke, though not all at once. Kind thoughts headed your way.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 40 Empty Thank You

Post  Michael Mitchell Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:10 pm

Thank you both for your condolences. I think we are having a memorial for her on December 22 at 1 pm. I think. They are still trying to get it together. Did not run Sunday. Too much going on. Went to see Wreck It Ralph. Bad movie, but my child loved it. Stood in line to see Santa for an hour. My child nixed that idea. Watched as his cousin sat on Santa's lap. Maybe next year. Yesterday, 52:42 for 7 miles. On the whole, good. No aches or pains. Am having minor PF issues, but that will go away with the running inserts being worn for good. Must have the walking inserts adjusted January 7. Will run at 4:30 pm today. Out until January 2 from work. Will work on my dissertation until then. I am trying to set up a teleconference with my chair later this week. Need to get things really going.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.letsrun.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:56 pm

Haven't seen your name for the annual Saturday marathon lunch on the 12th, sir. Are you trying to do the opposite by not putting your name down, then show up? Razz
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Mitchell Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:02 pm

ounce wrote:Haven't seen your name for the annual Saturday marathon lunch on the 12th, sir. Are you trying to do the opposite by not putting your name down, then show up? Razz
Yep. Folks do not think I exist...LOL
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 40 Empty Brutal Beastie of Blowout Runs

Post  Michael Mitchell Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:35 pm

Dear Lord. I am telling you. These past two days have hurt. More than I care to admit. Yesterday was rough. Just rough. Today was worse. As my high school coach would say, they are done. The front is coming and the next three should be great. Yesterday, 52:42 and it hurt. The last mile was at a 7:24 pace. Today, I had to stop three times to catch my breath for 10 seconds. I sped up each time. I ran a 53:12 for 7 miles and the first two miles were at 15:30. It was rough. At least I made it to the 7 mile mark before I literally fell off the machine. Literally. I am pooped. Lots of Powerade and recovery for tomorrow. I have 21 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 40 Empty Still Trucking Along

Post  Michael Mitchell Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:24 pm

Yesterday I was tired. I mean pooped. I kept telling myself, "just 10 more minutes. Just ten more minutes". I did that for 52:30 (7 miles) and finished. The last two miles were at a 7:24 pace. Not to bad. Today, I was ok. Much stronger, but still wanted it done so fast I could taste it. 52:30 (7 miles) and I was done again. Today was an even paced run. Now, tomorrow I will be running around 10:30 am to 11 am because I have to go to my dad's house in Santa Fe for my mother's memorial. It will be a time of joy and remembrance. My father stated no sadness that day. Just rejoicing. That will give me 42 miles that week. I can say that this week was quite successful, Wednesday notwithstanding. I do know I will have to run Sunday and Monday, for Tuesday is Christmas and we are traveling. On another note, I will let Joel tell you about his race, but I was seriously underwhelmed about the course. That is putting it mildly.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 40 Empty And We Are Done

Post  Michael Mitchell Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:52 am

For the week. Really productive. I am happy with it. 52:20 for 7 miles yesterday. Humidity values are going up. Great. (Not). Today should be a sweat fest, but I am running a 7:36 pace to ensure that I do not die. I am also thinking tomorrow will be there too. I am taking Christmas off. The rest of the week (Wednesday-Saturday) will be fine as far as the weather is concerned. Oh, we might have some severe weather on Christmas as Dallas has snow. Fun. LOL. I ended up with 42 miles for the week. Now off to Pilates. Oh the P90X, I still have not recorded it yet on blank DVDs. I need to do that....
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:58 pm

Just catching up - so sorry about your Mom, Michael.

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Mitchell Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:42 pm

John Kilpatrick wrote:Just catching up - so sorry about your Mom, Michael.

Thank you. It is appreciated.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 40 Empty Not Dead Yet, But Feeling Drained

Post  Michael Mitchell Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:46 pm

Yes sir. Yes, I am. I ran 28 miles last week ( only ran four times). I will say all of them were between 53:12 and 52:30, so I am happy there. This week, horrible run Sunday. It was supposed to be an easy one, but dadgum. Wow. 55:18 and it was rough. Today was stressful too, but at least it was respectable. First 3 miles, 7:36 pace, the next two, 7:30 pace and the last two, 7:24 pace. The only problem, a small tinging in my soleus. Should be ok tomorrow. Will stretch and stick it tonight. Oh, the time. 52:30 for 7 miles. Still stressful. I swear I want a run where I am in the zone for the whole time. Just one. LOL. I go back to work tomorrow and YMCA running will be in front of me. I have 14 miles this week after an off day yesterday.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40