365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

The "In Between"

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The "In Between"

Post  Mark B on Sat May 24, 2014 7:47 pm

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:Ok, I'm unfriending you - I'm older than Bret Michaels.

lol!

(If it's any comfort, Michele, I had to Google the guy to find out who he was. I stopped paying attention to new music before his band got popular.)
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Sun May 25, 2014 9:57 am

@Mark B wrote:
Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:Ok, I'm unfriending you - I'm older than Bret Michaels.

lol!

(If it's any comfort, Michele, I had to Google the guy to find out who he was. I stopped paying attention to new music before his band got popular.)

Lol...you guys are hilarious!! After my run yesterday, I went back to and saw Scott Stapp (lead singer of Creed)...he is only 40 Smile
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Sun May 25, 2014 9:58 am

I got in an easy 6.26 yesterday morning. 7:50 pace as I am still taking it easy prior to training starting next week...I can't wIt for the 19 weeks of fun to begin...
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Sun May 25, 2014 3:21 pm

@Nick Morris wrote:
@Mark B wrote:

lol!

Lol...you guys are hilarious!!  After my run yesterday, I went back to and saw Scott Stapp (lead singer of Creed)...he is only 40 Smile
I guess its the same when I saw Alice Cooper on Top Gear and said he looked old.
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Sun May 25, 2014 3:38 pm

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@Mark B wrote:

lol!

Lol...you guys are hilarious!!  After my run yesterday, I went back to and saw Scott Stapp (lead singer of Creed)...he is only 40 Smile
I guess its the same when I saw Alice Cooper on Top Gear and said he looked old.

Probably Smile
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Sun May 25, 2014 3:42 pm

Enjoyed a great morning run this morning. The girl and I did the 10k loop around the UW-Arboritum. It's the first time in the 9.5 months that we have been dating, that we ran together. She was a sprinter in high school and only runs 2-3 miles every other day. So this was pushing her past her comfort level. I must say that she did very well, but when we were done, she said that she doesn't know how marathoners do it Smile. I laughed...
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Tue May 27, 2014 11:06 am

Well, yesterday was the first day of my 2014 fall training cycle and that means that the "In Between" is done. I am in the midst of starting up a new training blog to highlight my training cycle. Don't worry, there will still be some witty banter and baseball talk, but mostly it will be about my training. Thank you to everyone that helped me get through the "In Between"...
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce on Tue May 27, 2014 2:48 pm

I'm trying my BEST not to contaminate the new blog so soon. cyclops  clown  silent  silent  silent
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Wolfe on Tue May 27, 2014 7:47 pm

@ounce wrote:I'm trying my BEST not to contaminate the new blog so soon. cyclops  clown  silent  silent  silent

Well played. I'd like to talk baseball -- but I'm a Mets fan.
Dave Wolfe
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B on Tue May 27, 2014 9:01 pm

@Dave Wolfe wrote:
@ounce wrote:I'm trying my BEST not to contaminate the new blog so soon. cyclops  clown  silent  silent  silent

Oh. Really? Tough break. Sorry, Dave.

Of course, the closest thing I've got to a team are the Mariners, so I feel your pain.

Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce on Tue May 27, 2014 9:15 pm

@Mark B wrote:
@Dave Wolfe wrote:

Of course, the closest thing I've got to a team are the Mariners, so I feel your pain.

I have all of y'all beat.  But the LAstros are getting better.  Why after the first quarter of the season, they were 3 games better than last year!!!!!
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Tue May 27, 2014 10:34 pm

@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@Dave Wolfe wrote:

I have all of y'all beat.  But the LAstros are getting better.  Why after the first quarter of the season, they were 3 games better than last year!!!!!

The Astros are definitely getting better and they got some good talent coming up through their minor league system. George Springer is mashing it right now and is going to be a superstar.
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce on Wed May 28, 2014 12:44 pm

@Nick Morris wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@Dave Wolfe wrote:

The Astros are definitely getting better and they got some good talent coming up through their minor league system.  George Springer is mashing it right now and is going to be a superstar.

Oh, yes, the minor league teams do have a lot of talent and Springer is quite the spark.  I think they need to take the little victories, like 2 out, 2 on hit that wins the game, and build on them.  The bullpen is still pourous, but they have a 4 game winning streak now, which is the first since early September.

In the off season, they signed a pitcher to a contract for about $12 million, which was the whole payroll for last year's team.  They've rocketed up to 3rd worst record, so far this year, and about 4 games behind the 4th worst team, the Red Sox.  It's still too close to call as to whether the LAstros will improve to less than 100 losses, this year.
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Wed May 28, 2014 12:50 pm

@ounce wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@Dave Wolfe wrote:

The Astros are definitely getting better and they got some good talent coming up through their minor league system.  George Springer is mashing it right now and is going to be a superstar.

Oh, yes, the minor league teams do have a lot of talent and Springer is quite the spark.  I think they need to take the little victories, like 2 out, 2 on hit that wins the game, and build on them.  The bullpen is still pourous, but they have a 4 game winning streak now, which is the first since early September.

In the off season, they signed a pitcher to a contract for about $12 million, which was the whole payroll for last year's team.  They've rocketed up to 3rd worst record, so far this year, and about 4 games behind the 4th worst team, the Red Sox.  It's still too close to call as to whether the LAstros will improve to less than 100 losses, this year.

That $12m guy has been decent, so far, and Kuechel has been a diamond in the rough. I am calling less than 100 losses this year...
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce on Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:50 pm

@Nick Morris wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@Dave Wolfe wrote:

That $12m guy has been decent, so far, and Kuechel has been a diamond in the rough.  I am calling less than 100 losses this year...

They've called up Jon Singleton (1B, part of the Hunter Pence trade to the Phillies in 2011).  He has a hot bat, too, like George Springer.  Tampa Bay is now worse than the LAstros, which means the hometown team is the 4th worst, now.  Kuechel got pummeled on Saturday, though.  It happens.  They ended up with a 7 game winning streak, but now are 7 for 9.  Looks like Hunter Pence and the LAstros got the good end of that deal.
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:24 pm

@ounce wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@Dave Wolfe wrote:

That $12m guy has been decent, so far, and Kuechel has been a diamond in the rough.  I am calling less than 100 losses this year...

They've called up Jon Singleton (1B, part of the Hunter Pence trade to the Phillies in 2011).  He has a hot bat, too, like George Springer.  Tampa Bay is now worse than the LAstros, which means the hometown team is the 4th worst, now.  Kuechel got pummeled on Saturday, though.  It happens.  They ended up with a 7 game winning streak, but now are 7 for 9.  Looks like Hunter Pence and the LAstros got the good end of that deal.

The only thing with Singleton is his off the field actions. He has openly admitted that he is addicted to marijuana. Hopefully he can get past all of that and play well...He signed a team friendly contract....
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce on Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:26 am

@Nick Morris wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@Dave Wolfe wrote:

The only thing with Singleton is his off the field actions.  He has openly admitted that he is addicted to marijuana.  Hopefully he can get past all of that and play well...He signed a team friendly contract....

It's probably the marijuana thing that caused him to sign.  Springer turned down a similar deal.
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:35 am

@ounce wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@Dave Wolfe wrote:

The only thing with Singleton is his off the field actions.  He has openly admitted that he is addicted to marijuana.  Hopefully he can get past all of that and play well...He signed a team friendly contract....

It's probably the marijuana thing that caused him to sign.  Springer turned down a similar deal.

I am guessing that $10 million guaranteed is better than the chance of getting suspended and/or not panning out.
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce on Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:01 am

@Nick Morris wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@Dave Wolfe wrote:

I am guessing that $10 million guaranteed is better than the chance of getting suspended and/or not panning out.

$10 million can set him up with a nice crib in Colorado, plus legal weed, to boot.
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:03 pm

@ounce wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@Dave Wolfe wrote:

$10 million can set him up with a nice crib in Colorado, plus legal weed, to boot.

True story...plus I think that his father is having some health issues. So, he can get him the appropriate care.

So, I hope Aiken is a better pick than Appel. Right now that guy looks like he may be a bust, when he was supposed to be a sure thing.
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: