365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bayshore 2014

+4
carleenp
mountandog
John Kilpatrick
Dave Bussard
8 posters

Go down

Bayshore 2014 Empty Bayshore 2014

Post  Dave Bussard Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:04 pm

Probably should have posted this yesterday but... My daughter and I both were able to register for the Half Marathon before the race closed in only 2 hours this morning. This will be her first HM after running only 5k's this year. In pretty much her first year of running, she lowered her PR from over 27:00 to 23:20! She's really excited about running the HM next May.

The full marathon & 10k registration opens Dec 8. Those distances don't sell out anything like the HM.

http://www.bayshoremarathon.org/

Last edited by Dave Bussard on Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Dave Bussard
Dave Bussard
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Bayshore 2014 Empty Re: Bayshore 2014

Post  John Kilpatrick Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:25 am

2 hours?  These things are getting nuts...  Awesome opportunity to be able to run with your daughter!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:41 pm

Chelsea, Trevor, Madeline and I are all in.  I thought it sold out in less than an hour.  My other 4 family members are going to run the 10k.  We have a nephew getting married in Interlochen (just outside Traverse City) the same day, so a bunch of us are running the two races.  I was able to get a niece and her boyfriend registered just under the wire.  Looks like Chelsea might get her $85 entry back as she qualified as an elite with a comp entry.  Xmas comes early.Money 

Finally will have a chance to meet you Dave.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  carleenp Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:28 pm

I'm planning on the Marathon there. I love that course! I already have my phone alarm set to remind me to be up and ready on the 8th to register.
carleenp
carleenp
Regular
Regular

http://beautyandfashiontech.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:19 pm

Will the new course bring some less than favorable changes as to elevation or anything else?
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  carleenp Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:07 pm

ounce wrote:Will the new course bring some less than favorable changes as to elevation or anything else?
I saw that they said there would be a new half course. As far a I know the marathon course is the same. I'm not sure what they plan to do since there are not a lot of roads to choose from in the area!
carleenp
carleenp
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Bussard Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:32 pm

carleenp wrote:
ounce wrote:Will the new course bring some less than favorable changes as to elevation or anything else?
I saw that they said there would be a new half course. As far a I know the marathon course is the same. I'm not sure what they plan to do since there are not a lot of roads to choose from in the area!
Of course I can't find it now but I read that the only change to the course, was at the start of the HM. Apparently there is a pretty big hill we need to run right off the bat...I think it said about a 200' climb. Then it's all flat back on the old course from there. If it's like previous years, this big hill will be at the 13 mile mark of the marathon.
Dave Bussard
Dave Bussard
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  carleenp Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:20 pm

Dave Bussard wrote:
carleenp wrote:
Of course I can't find it now but I read that the only change to the course, was at the start of the HM. Apparently there is a pretty big hill we need to run right off the bat...I think it said about a 200' climb. Then it's all flat back on the old course from there. If it's like previous years, this big hill will be at the 13 mile mark of the marathon.
I remember the hill at the 13 turn around. It isn't anything too bad. Although I don't know what it would be like if the half starts on the back side of it. For the turn around it was a short run part way up it and then right back down again.
carleenp
carleenp
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:16 am

I'm just glad to see Dave racing half marathons!
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Bussard Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:22 pm

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:I'm just glad to see Dave racing half marathons!
Yea, me too. This was the first year in about 10 years I didn't run one. Hope I remember how to do it...
Dave Bussard
Dave Bussard
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:06 pm

Dave Bussard wrote:
Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:I'm just glad to see Dave racing half marathons!
Yea, me too. This was the first year in about 10 years I didn't run one. Hope I remember how to do it...
Oh I don't think you will have a hard time remembering especially running this course.

I have to get back-up there to do this race again lots of fun a few years back. It was nice meeting you up there also Dave, it's crazy how fast this race sells out every year!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:33 pm

Bayshore was my very first half ever and I really liked everything about the race; enough so that I went back for the full another year.  Highly recommend it.  I recall the half marathon (which is a point-to-point) being as flat as Chicago, but the full (an out-an-back on the same course) seemed rather rolling….Smile
Penelope
Penelope
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down