365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

A really cool turn of events...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A really cool turn of events...

Post  Seth Harrison on Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:26 am

John Kilpatrick wrote:Wow Seth - I missed this until now, but that is really big and really good news!  Congrats and it sounds like you will enjoy the ride, probably more than most.  Sorry to hear about the biking accident though - that really sucks.  Hope the healing goes well - sounds like 2014 will be a healing year for a lot of reasons...         

Thanks John, no doubt I'll be so appreciative and grateful to be in Boston again. i'm also grateful to have just gotten in my first run in about seven weeks. Five easy miles on the treadmill felt really good. The shoulder held up o.k. I think.

BTW-for anyone reading this, can you explain why when I hit either the quote or reply button I'm forced to reply in the quote box of the person I'm replying to???
avatar
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Posts : 907
Points : 3444
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 56
Location : Irvington, NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A really cool turn of events...

Post  Schuey on Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:40 pm

Seth Harrison wrote:
John Kilpatrick wrote:Wow Seth - I missed this until now, but that is really big and really good news!  Congrats and it sounds like you will enjoy the ride, probably more than most.  Sorry to hear about the biking accident though - that really sucks.  Hope the healing goes well - sounds like 2014 will be a healing year for a lot of reasons...         

Thanks John, no doubt I'll be so appreciative and grateful to be in Boston again. i'm also grateful to have just gotten in my first run in about seven weeks. Five easy miles on the treadmill felt really good. The shoulder held up o.k. I think.

BTW-for anyone reading this, can you explain why when I hit either the quote or reply button I'm forced to reply in the quote box of the person I'm replying to???


Seth it's great to hear that you got in a nice 5 miler and it felt good. By the way I know that you are grateful to be going back to Boston but I would say you have earned your spot in Boston!! 

As for why you have to type in the quote box I don't know. Although a quick fix for is once you are replying click on the "switch editor mode" icon ( the icon right below strike out icon") after you are done type your reply then click the "switch editor mode" icon again and the the end result is how my post looks now.
avatar
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2160
Points : 5368
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 46
Location : So Many Roads To Ease My Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A really cool turn of events...

Post  Seth Harrison on Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:47 pm

Schuey wrote:
Seth Harrison wrote:
John Kilpatrick wrote:Wow Seth - I missed this until now, but that is really big and really good news!  Congrats and it sounds like you will enjoy the ride, probably more than most.  Sorry to hear about the biking accident though - that really sucks.  Hope the healing goes well - sounds like 2014 will be a healing year for a lot of reasons...         

Thanks John, no doubt I'll be so appreciative and grateful to be in Boston again. i'm also grateful to have just gotten in my first run in about seven weeks. Five easy miles on the treadmill felt really good. The shoulder held up o.k. I think.

BTW-for anyone reading this, can you explain why when I hit either the quote or reply button I'm forced to reply in the quote box of the person I'm replying to???


Seth it's great to hear that you got in a nice 5 miler and it felt good. By the way I know that you are grateful to be going back to Boston but I would say you have earned your spot in Boston!! 



As for why you have to type in the quote box I don't know. Although a quick fix for is once you are replying click on the "switch editor mode" icon ( the icon right below strike out icon") after you are done type your reply then click the "switch editor mode" icon again and the the end result is how my post looks now.

Schuey, thanks for the tip. Hope i got it right. As for Boston, thanks so much for saying that I earned my spot. I believe that as well, but I have to admit that i have a certain bit of unease about gaining entry without a qualifying time. Having qualified and ran Boston twice already, I'm willing to cut myself some slack though!  Very Happy
avatar
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Posts : 907
Points : 3444
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 56
Location : Irvington, NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A really cool turn of events...

Post  Jerry on Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:40 am

Schuey wrote:
Seth Harrison wrote:
John Kilpatrick wrote:Wow Seth - I missed this until now, but that is really big and really good news!  Congrats and it sounds like you will enjoy the ride, probably more than most.  Sorry to hear about the biking accident though - that really sucks.  Hope the healing goes well - sounds like 2014 will be a healing year for a lot of reasons...         

Thanks John, no doubt I'll be so appreciative and grateful to be in Boston again. i'm also grateful to have just gotten in my first run in about seven weeks. Five easy miles on the treadmill felt really good. The shoulder held up o.k. I think.

BTW-for anyone reading this, can you explain why when I hit either the quote or reply button I'm forced to reply in the quote box of the person I'm replying to???


Seth it's great to hear that you got in a nice 5 miler and it felt good. By the way I know that you are grateful to be going back to Boston but I would say you have earned your spot in Boston!! 

As for why you have to type in the quote box I don't know. Although a quick fix for is once you are replying click on the "switch editor mode" icon ( the icon right below strike out icon") after you are done type your reply then click the "switch editor mode" icon again and the the end result is how my post looks now.

Like this? This is so cool.
avatar
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2708
Points : 1004124
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Where I'm Loved

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A really cool turn of events...

Post  Dave P on Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:52 pm

Hey Seth, HUGE congrats! I hope you're healing well & I'll be thinking about you as I also train for April's big day.
avatar
Dave P
Poster
Poster

Posts : 445
Points : 3093
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 53
Location : Connecticut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A really cool turn of events...

Post  Seth Harrison on Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:10 pm

Dave P wrote:Hey Seth, HUGE congrats! I hope you're healing well & I'll be thinking about you as I also train for April's big day.

Thanks Dave...if all goes as planned, I look forward hanging out with you and everyone else.
avatar
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Posts : 907
Points : 3444
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 56
Location : Irvington, NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A really cool turn of events...

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum