365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comeback

+16
fostever
mountandog
Chris M
mul21
T Miller
Nick Morris
JohnP
Julie
carleenp
Mark B
Michele "1L" Keane
Schuey
Dave P
ounce
John Kilpatrick
Jerry
20 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Comeback - Page 5 Empty Re: Comeback

Post  Jerry Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:34 pm

Boston Training Week 6

Friday, 1/17

10 miles tempo, avergage pace 8:01.

So I felt I was ready to up the training and wanted to take these two weeks for sub tempo. 4 miles warm up, then 6:47, 6:49, 6:46, 6:37, 6:47, and 1 mile cool down.

I hadn't trained this fast for a long long time and felt great.

I think I will repeat this effort next week, then work my pace down the week after.

WTD: 45.
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:35 pm

feels good to run fast now and then eh!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:48 pm

Schuey wrote:feels good to run fast now and then eh!

absolutely
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave P Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:14 am

Nice run on Friday!
Dave P
Dave P
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:31 am

Dave P wrote:Nice run on Friday!

Thanks Dave.
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:44 am

Boston Training Week 6

Saturday, 1/18

11 easy, the pace progressed from 10:26 to 7:42, good enough for me.

Sunday, 1/19

16 at 10:31 pace.

Quite miserable start. Half mile in, left calf cramped. I didn't miss taking S!CAPS Saturday. It reminded me to take one again in the morning go forward. Anyway, I went home and took one, watched some soccer game and let it settle in, waited for my wife coming back from her walking ...

Finally went out and completed the 16.

WTD: 72
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:49 am

Boston Training Week 7

Monday, 1/20

4 plus strength

I was hoping for a 20, but couldn't get up when alarm sounded 4:00am.

Tuesday, 1/21

AM: 10xhill, overall 7 miles

A very good hill repeat session. I was running strong, not necessarily fast, and on good form, I felt it. I will hammer 2-3 more sessions of these and switch to track intervals.

Weight 139, horrible. I didn't even drink this week. So unfair.

Lunch Beak 6 miles recovery with 2-3 on 4%.

WTD: 17. Feel great!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:32 pm

Weight fluctuates, as much as 5 pounds.  It's normal.  Sometimes you retain and sometimes you don't.  Sometimes it can be explained, sometimes it can't.  Watch for trends and graph daily, if it helps.

But don't watch the scale so much, as you should watch how your pants and shirts feel.  Looser?  Tighter?  Muscle cells take up less space than fat cells.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:07 pm

ounce wrote:Weight fluctuates, as much as 5 pounds.  It's normal.  Sometimes you retain and sometimes you don't.  Sometimes it can be explained, sometimes it can't.  Watch for trends and graph daily, if it helps.

But don't watch the scale so much, as you should watch how your pants and shirts feel.  Looser?  Tighter?  Muscle cells take up less space than fat cells.

I can't watch my tummy, definitely richer than years ago. I blame age.
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:14 pm

Boston Training Week 7

Wednesday, 1/22

4 in the morning.

Did everything right getting my butt out of the door early enough for an easy 10. Would like to have 12, but 10 was ok. 2 miles in, I felt great and reminded myself to keep the run gentle to save my body for the Friday's Tempo. The next thing I knew was cramp on my left calf.

Walked most of the rest to home and did some strength workout.

Took S!CAPS twice before heading to gym at noon. When the pace hit sub 15 on TM, the left calf started hurting. Oops, I think I pulled the calf in the morning, though very gentle. I pulled the calf, instead cramped in the morning. 

Not sure what happened, either bad luck in the morning or I shouldn't have put the TM on 4% yesterday after morning's hill repeats. Regardless, I have to note the lesson.

Did some push ups and picked two 10lbs dump bells. I think my arms will be sore for another two weeks. That's what happened last time.
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:35 pm

Jerry wrote:Boston Training Week 7

Wednesday, 1/22

4 in the morning.

Did everything right getting my butt out of the door early enough for an easy 10. Would like to have 12, but 10 was ok. 2 miles in, I felt great and reminded myself to keep the run gentle to save my body for the Friday's Tempo. The next thing I knew was cramp on my left calf.

Took S!CAPS twice before heading to gym at noon. When the pace hit sub 15 on TM, the left calf started hurting. Oops, I think I pulled the calf in the morning, though very gentle. I pulled the calf, instead cramped in the morning. 

Not sure what happened, either bad luck in the morning or I shouldn't have put the TM on 4% yesterday after morning's hill repeats. Regardless, I have to note the lesson.

Did some push ups and picked two 10lbs dump bells. I think my arms will be sore for another two weeks. That's what happened last time.

Take very good care of the calves.

And it's 'two 10lbs dumb bells.'   Approval  Approval
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:57 pm

ounce wrote:
Jerry wrote:Boston Training Week 7

Wednesday, 1/22

4 in the morning.

Take very good care of the calves.

And it's 'two 10lbs dumb bells.'   Approval  Approval

Ok, thanks.
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:52 pm

Boston Training Week 7

Thursday, 1/23

4 miles easy outside at noon. It was cold, why I skipped the morning run. I only wanted to test out the calf was ok. It was.

Friday, 1/24

AM: 6 easy

I really wanted a Tempo. Cause it was 20, feel like 14, I went to the Gym. But I was not ready after 4 miles warmup and ran out of time too.

Noon: 3 easy
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:35 pm

It wasn't even worth it for me to get out there, today.  There was enough freezing rain overnight to probably ice over the sidewalks. pale
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:36 am

Boston Training Week 7

Saturday, 1/25

12 easy.

I was going for Tempo, but unfortunately got a right calf cramp after mile 4 when I already picked up the pace to around 7:10. Walked a quarter mile, then glad I was able to make it an easy run.

Sunday, 1/26

20, @9:13

Beatiful running day.

This week: 66

With the little muscle pull or whatever affecting two days training, 66 is good. The only thing missing is the Tempo. Well, what can I do.
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:42 am

Boston Training Week 8

Monday, 1/27

11 easy

No work day, so I went to see Gravity 3D myself after some family duty, then picked up DD.

Picked a six pack and finished 5 at dinner. Oh well.

Tuesday, 1/28

Some strength workout in the morning after I picked up some fresh bagel for DD. Too cold outside for warmup, so skipped it.

Stomach didn't feel well from the overeat and/or beers last night, so skipped the planned recovery run during lunch break. Junk miles, who cares.

Wednesday, 1/29

AM: 8xhills, overall 5.5 miles.

22 degree, I was surprised that I was able to warmup so quickily for the hill repeats cause I was running out of time, as well as I gutted outdoor. I must be desperate.

Thursday, 1/30

AM: 8 easy

I felt good at the second half, but didn't pick up for tomorrow's tempo.

Noon: 4.5 recovery

Friday, 1/31

AM: 10 tempo

Got up 4:30, drove out to get bagels for DD as breakfast, then 10 miles with 4 tempo, 6:44,6:41,6:34,6:38. The tempo pace was not fast, I know, but I am working on it progressively. This is just a beginning.

Saturday, 2/1

11 easy.

Lots of things, but was glad to get 11 in in the afternoon right before going to a party. Way to go Jerry.

Sunday, 2/2

The weather was quite cooperating. It was drizzling once awhile. I was really tired.

Weekly: 68
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:27 am

Boston Training Week 9

Monday, 2/3

Training is overrated.

My calves were really tired and tight in the morning that I thought a rest was better than recovery run. I was not able to get in a recovery run during lunch break either. Junk miles anyway, who cares.

Tuesday, 2/4

Training is overrated, again.

Ok, I kid.

AM: strength workout

It was raining. I first planned to run on TM, then decided to get in the strength workout in.

Noon: went to gym, the 3 TM were all occupied. I need to start getting there a little earlier.

DD soccer training after work. I was trying to coax her her favorite burger for dinner, but she prefered home cooked salmon. So I went to buy and cook, thus couldn't get a run in.

Wednesday, 2/5

AM: 8xhill, overall 5 miles.

I will try to get in another run later.

DD's spring soccer season starts this weekend with a tournament. That means I may not be able to run first thing Saturday morning blah blah and adapt to a new schedule. Nothing difficult to manage, I just need to be unlazy.

Noon: 8 easy.

Last edited by Jerry on Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:41 pm

Jerry wrote:Boston Training Week 9

Monday, 2/3

Training is overrated.

My calves were really tired and tight in the morning that I thought a rest was better than recovery run. I was not able to get in a recovery run during lunch break either. Junk miles anyway, who cares.

Tuesday, 2/4

Ok, I kid.

It was raining. I first planned to run on TM, then decided to get in the strength workout in.

Noon: went to gym, the 3 TM were all occupied. I need to start getting there a little earlier.

DD soccer training after work. I was trying to coax her her favorite burger for dinner, but she prefered home cooked salmon. So I went to buy and cook, thus couldn't get a run in.

Wednesday, 2/5

DD's spring soccer season starts this weekend with a tournament. That means I may not be able to run first thing Saturday morning blah blah and adapt to a new schedule. Nothing difficult to manage, I just need to be unlazy.

But you're an American now.  By definition, it's hard to be unlazy. lol!
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:12 pm

ounce wrote:

Monday, 2/3

Training is overrated.

Tuesday, 2/4

Ok, I kid.

Wednesday, 2/5

Not the American runners ...
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:53 pm

Jerry wrote:
ounce wrote:

Monday, 2/3

Training is overrated.

Tuesday, 2/4

Ok, I kid.

Wednesday, 2/5

Not the American runners ...

That's a completely different citizenship process.   Razz
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:41 pm

Boston Training Week 9

Thursday, 2/6

AM: Strength Training.

It was 20 degree, felt like 7, with a tempo planned tomorrow, I decided to just have a light run during lunch break.

Well, it snowed more than forecasted right after 8. The temperature would keep drop that I may not be able to run outside tomorrow at all.

So,

Lunch Break: 8 easy.

I resisted the temptation to make it a tempo. Can't afford any even slightly muscle pull or whatever. Should've gone out run this morning.  lol! 

Friday, 2/7

No garmin, I ran 92 minutes, about over 10 miles with 2.5 at tempo pace. That's all I can say about this run.

WTD: 31

DD has a soccer tournament this weekend. If not canceled, this is going to be a light week or recovery one, which may do me good. I just want a tempo done this week.

Saturday, 2/8

I was not lazy. There was only a two hours window between we came home from DD's soccer and party/sleep over, where I could get in a short run, which I planned to do. Then DD was invited to go with friend earlier. So wife and I went for dinner, and movie earlier.

Sunday, 2/9

16 long.

Started the run 1:08pm after we came back from the soccer game. The outside of left upper leg got very tight in the end, thus stopped at 16.

WTD: 47

Low mileage week, but I got the key workouts in.
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:14 am

Boston Training Week 10

Monday, 2/10

Another reason I didn't push over 16 yesterday. lol!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:11 pm

Jerry wrote:Boston Training Week 10

Monday, 2/10

Was the 20 before or after it got cold?
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:05 pm

ounce wrote:

Monday, 2/10

Before, in the morning.
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:33 pm

Jerry wrote:
ounce wrote:

Monday, 2/10

Before, in the morning.

Yeah, I missed my opportunity yesterday.  Had to do 8 this morning with a wind chill of mid-20's.  pale
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next