365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Your Week in Training Dec 30 - Jan 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your Week in Training Dec 30 - Jan 5

Post  KBFitz on Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:34 pm

Day miles  type .
Mon     -        DNS Bumble Bee 5K in San Diego. Supported my brother Pat instead.
Tue     -        2013 miles: 2031.
Wed     - 
Thu     -        Fell ill Sunday with a cold/flu/dry cough/fever.
Fri     -        An inauspicious start to the new year, for sure.
Sat     -        So I'm doing prudent thing. I'm resting.
Sun     -       .
Week    0
YTD     0
avatar
KBFitz
Regular
Regular

Posts : 719
Points : 5589
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 59
Location : Off-center

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training Dec 30 - Jan 5

Post  Chris Coleman on Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:46 pm

@KBFitz wrote:...I'm doing prudent thing. I'm resting.
Very frustrating, but in reality, a week's rest can be as valuable as a week's hard training, if the time is right.

Just 24 miles, including a 10K race.
avatar
Chris Coleman
Poster
Poster

Posts : 211
Points : 2776
Join date : 2011-07-05
Age : 71
Location : Abu Dhabi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training Dec 30 - Jan 5

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:41 pm

Good call, Kevin.

Mon - Day off 
Tues - 4.1 miles in 8" of snow
Wed - 4.5 miles on 8" of snow
Thurs - 5 miles on treadmill - 20 min at 8 min pace for steady state run
Fri - 4 mile recovery run
Sat - 11 miles on lightly covered APT, footing better after turn around
Sun - Day off (in Pittsburgh for Penguins game)

WTD:  28.6 miles
avatar
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4748
Points : 11115
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 55
Location : Cleveland (Bay Village), OH/Atlanta, GA

View user profile http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training Dec 30 - Jan 5

Post  Schuey on Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:49 pm

Monday: 10.53 miles, time 1:18:18, pace 7:26 easy run. ( ran Boston course)
              14.82 miles, time 1:45:07, pace 7:06 easy run. ( ran first 5 miles Boston course the rest was downhill running on US89 in Utah.)

Tuesday: 10.38 miles, time 1:21, pace 7:48 recovery run.

Wednesday: 11.10 miles, time 1:37:30, pace 8:47 recovery run. Lakefront path in snow storm.

Thursday: 10.07 miles, time 1:10, pace 6:57 w/ 8x2mins @ 5:46 pace fartlek run.

Friday: 13.1 miles, time 1:42, pace 7:47 MLR. First 1/2 Boston course.

Saturday: 10.12 miles, time 1:13, pace 7:13 easy progression run. Changing incline from 0% to 5% throught out the run.

Sunday: 15 miles, time 1:51:28, pace 7:25 long run. 1.5 miles 0%, 5 miles Boston course ( miles 10-15), 7 miles downhill running route US89 in Utah and 1.5 miles 0%.

Total miles for week 95.12 week 1 of 16 Boston Marathon.
avatar
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2160
Points : 5429
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 46
Location : So Many Roads To Ease My Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training Dec 30 - Jan 5

Post  Tim C on Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:51 pm

Still just easing back into it after October 1 back surgery.  

24 miles this week and feel great.
avatar
Tim C
Regular
Regular

Posts : 564
Points : 3676
Join date : 2011-07-06
Age : 61
Location : Orange County, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training Dec 30 - Jan 5

Post  mountandog on Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:14 pm

50 for the week.  First time since before Thanksgiving for 50+.  Found a 1/8 miles indoor track around a hockey rink to run on today.  Beats the TM.
avatar
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1392
Points : 5540
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 61
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training Dec 30 - Jan 5

Post  Jerry on Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:07 am

Boston Training Week 4

Mon: AM 16, PM 4
Tue: AM 12, PM 4
Wed: 9
Thu: 6
Fri:  AM 6, Noon 5, PM 3
Sat: 8
Sun: 16

Weekly: 90, my MPW PR.
avatar
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2708
Points : 1004185
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Where I'm Loved

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training Dec 30 - Jan 5

Post  mountandog on Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:17 pm

@Schuey wrote:Monday: 10.53 miles, time 1:18:18, pace 7:26 easy run. ( ran Boston course)
              14.82 miles, time 1:45:07, pace 7:06 easy run. ( ran first 5 miles Boston course the rest was downhill running on US89 in Utah.)

Tuesday: 10.38 miles, time 1:21, pace 7:48 recovery run.

Wednesday: 11.10 miles, time 1:37:30, pace 8:47 recovery run. Lakefront path in snow storm.

Thursday: 10.07 miles, time 1:10, pace 6:57 w/ 8x2mins @ 5:46 pace fartlek run.

Friday: 13.1 miles, time 1:42, pace 7:47 MLR. First 1/2 Boston course.

Saturday: 10.12 miles, time 1:13, pace 7:13 easy progression run. Changing incline from 0% to 5% throught out the run.

Sunday: 15 miles, time 1:51:28, pace 7:25 long run. 1.5 miles 0%, 5 miles Boston course ( miles 10-15), 7 miles downhill running route US89 in Utah and 1.5 miles 0%.

Total miles for week 95.12 week 1 of 16 Boston Marathon.

@Jerry wrote:Boston Training Week 4

Mon: AM 16, PM 4
Tue: AM 12, PM 4
Wed: 9
Thu: 6
Fri:  AM 6, Noon 5, PM 3
Sat: 8
Sun: 16

Weekly: 90, my MPW PR.

Don't you people have to work for living?  That's a lot of mileage for early in the cycle.  Jeeze.
avatar
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1392
Points : 5540
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 61
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training Dec 30 - Jan 5

Post  Jerry on Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:23 pm

@mountandog wrote:
@Schuey wrote:Monday: 10.53 miles, time 1:18:18, pace 7:26 easy run. ( ran Boston course)
              14.82 miles, time 1:45:07, pace 7:06 easy run. ( ran first 5 miles Boston course the rest was downhill running on US89 in Utah.)

Tuesday: 10.38 miles, time 1:21, pace 7:48 recovery run.

Wednesday: 11.10 miles, time 1:37:30, pace 8:47 recovery run. Lakefront path in snow storm.

Thursday: 10.07 miles, time 1:10, pace 6:57 w/ 8x2mins @ 5:46 pace fartlek run.

Friday: 13.1 miles, time 1:42, pace 7:47 MLR. First 1/2 Boston course.

Saturday: 10.12 miles, time 1:13, pace 7:13 easy progression run. Changing incline from 0% to 5% throught out the run.

Sunday: 15 miles, time 1:51:28, pace 7:25 long run. 1.5 miles 0%, 5 miles Boston course ( miles 10-15), 7 miles downhill running route US89 in Utah and 1.5 miles 0%.

Total miles for week 95.12 week 1 of 16 Boston Marathon.

@Jerry wrote:Boston Training Week 4

Mon: AM 16, PM 4
Tue: AM 12, PM 4
Wed: 9
Thu: 6
Fri:  AM 6, Noon 5, PM 3
Sat: 8
Sun: 16

Weekly: 90, my MPW PR.

Don't you people have to work for living?  That's a lot of mileage for early in the cycle.  Jeeze.

I only worked Thursday and Friday in the week.  bounce
avatar
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2708
Points : 1004185
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Where I'm Loved

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training Dec 30 - Jan 5

Post  fostever on Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:30 pm

M-5mi treadmill and strength
Tu-off
W-4mi snowstorm run
Th-off
Fr-5mi treadmill tempo w/strength
Sa-8.58mi snow shuffle run
Su-off
23mi week 18mi YTD  -1573(2013)
avatar
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1319
Points : 5183
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 58
Location : Chicago

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training Dec 30 - Jan 5

Post  Schuey on Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:17 pm

@mountandog wrote:
@Schuey wrote:Monday: 10.53 miles, time 1:18:18, pace 7:26 easy run. ( ran Boston course)
              14.82 miles, time 1:45:07, pace 7:06 easy run. ( ran first 5 miles Boston course the rest was downhill running on US89 in Utah.)

Tuesday: 10.38 miles, time 1:21, pace 7:48 recovery run.

Wednesday: 11.10 miles, time 1:37:30, pace 8:47 recovery run. Lakefront path in snow storm.

Thursday: 10.07 miles, time 1:10, pace 6:57 w/ 8x2mins @ 5:46 pace fartlek run.

Friday: 13.1 miles, time 1:42, pace 7:47 MLR. First 1/2 Boston course.

Saturday: 10.12 miles, time 1:13, pace 7:13 easy progression run. Changing incline from 0% to 5% throught out the run.

Sunday: 15 miles, time 1:51:28, pace 7:25 long run. 1.5 miles 0%, 5 miles Boston course ( miles 10-15), 7 miles downhill running route US89 in Utah and 1.5 miles 0%.

Total miles for week 95.12 week 1 of 16 Boston Marathon.

@Jerry wrote:Boston Training Week 4

Mon: AM 16, PM 4
Tue: AM 12, PM 4
Wed: 9
Thu: 6
Fri:  AM 6, Noon 5, PM 3
Sat: 8
Sun: 16

Weekly: 90, my MPW PR.

Don't you people have to work for living?  That's a lot of mileage for early in the cycle.  Jeeze.
Why yes I do work for a living! HaHa and to make it even hardier I work nights! So the scheduling of training can become very challenging from time to time. But I do my best to get it done, well at least that is goal this year. This past year I was in the worst running condition since I started running and I my race times from the marathon to 50 miles showed it!
avatar
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2160
Points : 5429
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 46
Location : So Many Roads To Ease My Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Week in Training Dec 30 - Jan 5

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum