365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fracking the system

+13
Julie
Schuey
Nick Morris
Dave Wolfe
fostever
Dave P
nkrichards
Lobo
mul21
Jerry
Michele "1L" Keane
Mark B
ounce
17 posters

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down

Fracking the system - Page 15 Empty Re: Fracking the system

Post  Jim Lentz Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:46 am

Hopefully the fix works. My 610 had been acting very strange and the screen was stuck locked. When I could get it unlocked it was stuck on a screen showing the GPS being enabled. I found a procedure online for calibrating the touch screen and that fixed it.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:12 pm

Friday, I ran 14 miles in 3:08:28 or 39 seconds slower than last week's 14 miles.  The watch, after Garmin's rebooting instructions, was still about a tenth off, which is too much.

It was 78 degrees with a dewpoint of 76.  The metronome was great for keeping me on pace for the last 4 miles.  I can see where the gnome can help me in January.  I could even recommend you buying a metronome for yourself for a similar application.  You don't need to let a certain steps per minute dictate your goal cadence.  Just go out and do your normal pace, then tune in the gnome to your steps.

I typed a full detail report, but when I finished this website said that i need to type something.  Grrr.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:32 pm

Was thinking about updating from my old 305 as it has hiccupped a couple times recently.  Based on your issues with the 220 and other comments I think I'll wait a bit longer...

Hope the running has been going well even if the posting hasn't.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:19 pm

nkrichards wrote:Was thinking about updating from my old 305 as it has hiccupped a couple times recently.  Based on your issues with the 220 and other comments I think I'll wait a bit longer...

Hope the running has been going well even if the posting hasn't.

Hey, Nancy.  Thanks for dropping by.  Yes, the 305 is still available in re-manufactured version for about $80-90, plus your old watch.  I have one and believe I'll pony up the money to get a backup to this POS 220.

Running is, um, consistently mediocre.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  dot520 Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:19 pm

I downloaded an app to my phone for a metronome as I wanted to start speeding up my turnover a bit.  I usually run at 164 bpm, but I'd like to add another 10 or so.  After going to a running clinic, it was emphasized how form and cadence all work together, blah blah blah and hence, I now have a metronome.  Good job on the 14 miles.
dot520
dot520
Top 10 Poster Emeritus
Top 10 Poster Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave P Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:52 pm

ounce wrote:

Ugh,... hate to hear that. I hope you find a way to change things up.
Dave P
Dave P
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:57 pm

ounce wrote:Friday, I ran 14 miles in 3:08:28 or 39 seconds slower than last week's 14 miles.  The watch, after Garmin's rebooting instructions, was still about a tenth off, which is too much.

It was 78 degrees with a dewpoint of 76.  The metronome was great for keeping me on pace for the last 4 miles.  I can see where the gnome can help me in January.  I could even recommend you buying a metronome for yourself for a similar application.  You don't need to let a certain steps per minute dictate your goal cadence.  Just go out and do your normal pace, then tune in the gnome to your steps.

I typed a full detail report, but when I finished this website said that i need to type something.  Grrr.
Was it a tenth off per mile or for the total mileage?
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:24 pm

dot520 wrote:I downloaded an app to my phone for a metronome as I wanted to start speeding up my turnover a bit.  I usually run at 164 bpm, but I'd like to add another 10 or so.  After going to a running clinic, it was emphasized how form and cadence all work together, blah blah blah and hence, I now have a metronome.  Good job on the 14 miles.
Thanks for stopping by, Dot.  Oh, yes, adding to turnover really helps.
Dave P wrote:
ounce wrote:

Ugh,... hate to hear that. I hope you find a way to change things up.
Dave, I think part of it is the temperature in the morning.  This morning, it was 5 degrees cooler and I ran all sub-13's which I haven't done on a non-speed run in quite a while.
Jim Lentz wrote:
ounce wrote:Friday, I ran 14 miles in 3:08:28 or 39 seconds slower than last week's 14 miles.  The watch, after Garmin's rebooting instructions, was still about a tenth off, which is too much.

Was it a tenth off per mile or for the total mileage?
Total miles, but here's the thing, Jim, I ran 7 miles out, turned around and came back.  So it should come within 0.02 miles.

Garmin is going to replace it and the HR strap.  I bought it March 14.  Thanks for the comments.  Now, let's see if I can write 4 reports on the past 4 runs.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:33 pm

This is for the Tuesday after Labor Day.

It was a 10 mile run, but the 220 measured it as 9.71 miles. I ran 5 miles out, turned around and came back. It was another warm and calm morning around 77 degrees with a dewpoint of 75 or so. The HR strap was not working, so I don't have any figures on that. Splits for the 2nd half of the run are materially off.

A sucky slow run.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:39 pm

Boy, this website doesn't like me typing out the mile splits anymore.

Wednesday, Sept 3, was a shorter run of 6.67 miles.  The 220 measured correctly within the margin of error at 6.68 miles.  I paired up the HR strap from my 305 and I had heart rates.

6.68 miles, 1:24:27, 12:38 pace, 151 avg bpm, 166 max bpm during miles 5 & 6, 164 spm avg cadence, 0.78 m average stride length.

The run went well and my groing didn't hurt for the hip extension for extending my stride.  Except for the first mile, all of the splits had a stride length from 0.77 to 0.79.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:13 pm

Well, let's see if I can get caught up on 4 runs.

Friday, Sept 5, was another warm run.  I wanted to run 14 miles but only finished 12.  I just ran out of gas. I increased my cadence by 1 for the coming back half, and i guess that wasn't the thing to do.

Monday, Sept 8, was a 10 mile run.  The temperature dropped to 72 degrees with 100% humidity, but that 6 degree drop was very noticeable.  And it showed in the run.  The pace was as fast as some 7 mile runs.
10 miles at 12:38 pace, 148 avg HR, and 164 cadence.

Wednesday, Sept 10, was a 6.67 mile run with a Summer usual temp of 78 degrees, the time was good at a 12:16 pace.  Things went well.

Friday, Sept 12 was to be another 14 mile run, but it didn't feel like I was going to be able to run that from the first mile.  My blood ketone level was "Lo", which is not good. It should be between 0.5 and 3.0.  This year, my blood ketone level has been very pivotal in how good a run I have.  Last year, I could run on a Lo once or twice as long as future levels were therapeutic.  I guess I have to be better about it.  I only finished 6 miles.  I'm gradually learning that if I don't think that I'm going to finish, to cut the distance as soon as possible.  There's no benefit to getting hurt.

I'll be starting a new blog for the training cycle that starts tomorrow.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:43 am

ounce wrote:Well, let's see if I can get caught up on 4 runs.

Friday, Sept 5, was another warm run.  I wanted to run 14 miles but only finished 12.  I just ran out of gas. I increased my cadence by 1 for the coming back half, and i guess that wasn't the thing to do.

Monday, Sept 8, was a 10 mile run.  The temperature dropped to 72 degrees with 100% humidity, but that 6 degree drop was very noticeable.  And it showed in the run.  The pace was as fast as some 7 mile runs.
10 miles at 12:38 pace, 148 avg HR, and 164 cadence.

Wednesday, Sept 10, was a 6.67 mile run with a Summer usual temp of 78 degrees, the time was good at a 12:16 pace.  Things went well.

Friday, Sept 12 was to be another 14 mile run, but it didn't feel like I was going to be able to run that from the first mile.  My blood ketone level was "Lo", which is not good. It should be between 0.5 and 3.0.  This year, my blood ketone level has been very pivotal in how good a run I have.  Last year, I could run on a Lo once or twice as long as future levels were therapeutic.  I guess I have to be better about it.  I only finished 6 miles.  I'm gradually learning that if I don't think that I'm going to finish, to cut the distance as soon as possible.  There's no benefit to getting hurt.

I'll be starting a new blog for the training cycle that starts tomorrow.
It is great when the weather is cooler.

See you at the new blog!
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15