365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New shoes

+3
Michele "1L" Keane
Jim Lentz
Jordan S.
7 posters

Go down

New shoes Empty New shoes

Post  Jordan S. Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:16 am

It's time!! Actually probably past time. I've got 433 miles on my Brooks Glycerines. Yesterday while running I notice some discomfort with my right foot. This morning I noticed a small blister on my big toe. When I got fitted for shoes a couple of years ago, I was told that I was a neutral runner. I have now started to notice that I pronate slightly so I'm wondering if I need to go to a different shoe. I'm looking at the "support" shoes that Brooks has. The Transcends or the Trance. What y'all think?
Jordan S.
Jordan S.

Back to top Go down

New shoes Empty Re: New shoes

Post  Jim Lentz Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:43 am

I like the Sketchers Go Run shoes, they work well and are affordable. You might miss all of the cushioning of your current shoe though. I think if you are currently running in a neutral shoe you might want to stay with a neutral shoe.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:48 am

I would agree that it is probably time, and once again, I'd go to a running store, tell them your experience, have them watch you run and go from there.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:35 pm

Yes to the above, plus shoes have a great way of advertising when they're ready to give up the ghost.  It's called pain to the user.

If your Glycerines have done well for you up to now, they're probably worth buying again.  But that's why we go to the running store from time to time, usually when the manufacturer stops making or changes what we're running in.

Take your Glycerines with you, so they can look at the wear patterns.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:06 pm

Everybody pronates -- it's a natural part of the gait cycle. So if you're not getting injured running in neutral shoes, then staying in neutral shoes is probably the best choice. Don't fix something if it's not broken.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  carleenp Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:19 am

I agree with Michele, go to the running store and have them do a gait analysis. You do not want to be in a stability or motion control shoe if it isn't suited to your foot. The one time I made the mistake of running a bunch of miles in stability shoes when I normally wore neutral shoes, I ended up with a stress fracture on my fibula. I blame at least part of it on those shoes since I later learned from a good gait analysis that I underpronate (supinate) and the last thing I need is a shoe that will cause my foot go put even more pressure on the outside of my foot area.  Don't go into that stuff blindly!
carleenp
carleenp
Regular
Regular

http://beautyandfashiontech.com

Back to top Go down

Post  carleenp Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:21 am

Oh, and like you I get blisters on the outside of my big toe, yet I do not overpronate. So you can't always rely on that as a true indicator that you are overpronating. It might be a sign of that, or it might not be. In my case it is just the shape of my foot. I get blisters there no matter what type of shoe I wear.
carleenp
carleenp
Regular
Regular

http://beautyandfashiontech.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jordan S. Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:42 pm

Thanks for the replies. I went to the store today and told them what I was experiencing. He said that it was probably just from the show starting to wear out. He watched me walk around a little bit and suggested that I stay with what I had but he let me try on a few more pairs of shoes to see what I thought. There was no comparison. The Glycerine was by far the best one that I put on. The "support" shoes weren't even close.
Jordan S.
Jordan S.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tolson91 Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:59 am

When buying the apparels for workouts you should always avoid any clothes that are made up of rough fabrics because they can cause rashes and other issues when your body will release sweat. For me, the ALO yoga fitness apparels are just perfect. They are designed especially for the intense work outs.

Tolson91

https://www.carbon38.com/designers/alo-yoga

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:58 am

Welcome.  Any chance you have a family member named Captain Obvious?
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down