365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Regular Food for Dinner Diet

+5
pigoo
Schuey
Nick Morris
ounce
Jerry
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

No Regular Food for Dinner Diet - Page 2 Empty Re: No Regular Food for Dinner Diet

Post  Jerry Thu May 08, 2014 2:23 pm

pigoo wrote:

p.s.  I think that my weight currently is about the same as it was when I was in high school...maybe even a little bit less. Very Happy

That may be why you are so fast. If I can get to my high school weight, hmmmm
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

No Regular Food for Dinner Diet - Page 2 Empty Re: No Regular Food for Dinner Diet

Post  Jerry Thu May 08, 2014 2:25 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Jerry wrote:
pigoo wrote:
Jerry wrote:Define resistance training ...
Weight-lifting, calisthenics, etc.

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/fitness/exercises/what-is-resistance-exercise.html#b

- Nick

How about P90X?

I always know I can benefit from resistance training, but who wants to pick up the lightest dumbbell in public?  lol!

I leave my ego at the door, because I don't want to put on muscle mass.  I am looking to get lean, not bulky.

Sure, easy for you to do. You barely a BQer, me a sub 3 marathoner.  affraid
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Thu May 08, 2014 4:50 pm

Well I can tell you that I have spent a lot of time in the gym over the last year and I weigh less (2-3 lbs) than in recent years and I'm much leaner. I dropped a jean and dress size. I'm not faster but I do recover much quicker.

By the way, I could do maybe 10? Push-ups at 40 and I can do 3 sets of 15-20 now
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  pigoo Thu May 08, 2014 4:58 pm

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:By the way, I could do maybe 10? Push-ups at 40 and I can do 3 sets of 15-20 now

Awesome.  That's pretty good stuff! Very Happy 

Do you know how many pushup you could do when you were 18-27?  Certainly understandable if pushups weren't something you did at that time.  Just makes for an even better relative comparison (potential lean muscle loss/gain from when we were younger (20's)...until now).

- Nick
pigoo
pigoo

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Thu May 08, 2014 11:17 pm

tell me about it.  I can still do 100 pushups in two cycles but can only hit a golf ball 230-240 yards any more.  Age definitely hurts and I agree 100% that as you get older resistance training is a big help.  Just started more of that post Boston.  Hope it helps with injury prevention as well.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Fri May 09, 2014 10:44 am

Michael and Jim yes and thank you for helping me out. I get in touch with you guys through IM.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Fri May 09, 2014 3:30 pm

I'm a girl who came up through school when Title 9 just happened. I was a swimmer but we did no weight training. I'm guessing I could have done 10 or so real ones
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  pigoo Fri May 09, 2014 3:36 pm

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:I'm a girl who came up through school when Title 9 just happened. I was a swimmer but we did no weight training. I'm guessing I could have done 10 or so real ones
Probably a good guess.  I think that most folks that are in fairly reasonable shape (not too much over-weight...and not too much of a couch potato)Wink...and haven't focused on weight training or pushups specifically...can do about 8-10 pushups.  After 8-10...things can get real tough.

- Nick
pigoo
pigoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2