365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

"No Pressure"

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: "No Pressure"

Post  Nick Morris on Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:31 pm

06.05.14 - 6 miles

Boy, did I do the right thing and push back my 6 miler until tonight.  Taking it easy the last couple of nights, allowed my legs to bounce back nicely.  It felt good to have them under me again.  Even though they felt good, I forced myself to take it easy and just take in the gorgeous evening.  There was not a lick of humidity tonight and that made the 80 degree temperature feel cool.  I ended up running 6.26 miles at a 7:47 pace.  21 total scheduled for the weekend, as I slowing ramp myself up closer to the 40 mile per week mark.

Last edited by Nick Morris on Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:05 pm

06.06.14 - Scheduled Off Day

Scheduled off day today and is a great time for my legs. Even though they bounced back well last night, an off day today should bring them fully back. Just in time for my Saturday and Sunday long runs. I hope everyone is able to get outside and enjoy the weekend!!!
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:28 am

06.07.14 - 6 miles

After a scheduled off day, I headed out for another 6 miles. It was a beautiful morning, upper 60s and not much humidity or wind. My legs felt wonderful, as I made my way. Pretty much the same run as I had on Thursday. I ended up completing 6.36 miles at a 7:45 pace. Feeling good as I get set for 15 miles tomorrow to end Week 2... Running 
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:34 am

06.08.14 - 15 miles

All I can say is Woo-hoo!!!  A gorgeous morning for a run.  Overcast skies with temps in the lower 60s.  The wind was out of the NNE at 8-10 miles per hour, so it was in my face for the first half and at my back for the second half.  This morning was the first time that I had worn my HR monitor during this training cycle.  I wanted to see exactly where my fitness level is at (I normally where it on my long runs, but forgot to where it last Sunday).  My legs, and body for that matter, felt 10x better than last Sunday.  I didn't have to fight my body to get it going.  I ran free and easy and after a couple of miles I settled in for the run.  I made it downtown to the lake in great shape and as I continued on back home, I seemed to fell better and better.  My splits kept getting faster and faster, while my heart rate stayed pretty low.  I ended up finishing the last 7 miles with negative splits and the last mile was at a 7:35 pace!!  I ended up finishing 15.17 miles at an 8:05 pace with an average HR of 138.  By far my best run of the training cycle so far.  I have posted my splits below...The average HR for the first my is an anomaly, as my HR monitor goes haywire for the first mile.

Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B on Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:16 pm

Sweet! A solid end to a good week. You can definitely see you picking it up at the end, both in the pace and the HR data. Way to go!
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:40 pm

@Mark B wrote:Sweet! A solid end to a good week. You can definitely see you picking it up at the end, both in the pace and the HR data. Way to go!

Thanks!! It's always nice to be able to finish a long run strong and then still feel good after you've recovered.
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards on Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:52 pm

It's so much fun to follow your blog/training.  You really seem to really pay attention to your body and take it easy when necessary and as a result have great runs like this long run!
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:54 am

@nkrichards wrote:It's so much fun to follow your blog/training.  You really seem to really pay attention to your body and take it easy when necessary and as a result have great runs like this long run!

Thanks Nancy...I have learned a lot from my mistakes over the years. It also helps to have you guys giving me advice, too Smile
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:39 am

06.09.14 - Cross Training

Monday night's cross training saw mw playing softball. Finally, I got to play my second softball game of the year. We had our first game on Monday, May 5th and then we were rained out for three weeks and had the Memorial Day holiday for another. It was a whopper of a game, too. We ended up winning in extra innings Smile
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:50 am

Careful with that softball thing - that is how I hurt my calf originally back in 2008 and it has given me fits ever since.
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:33 pm

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:Careful with that softball thing - that is how I hurt my calf originally back in 2008 and it has given me fits ever since.

Yeah, I know that I have to be careful, but it is hard for me to give up that competitiveness. Plus, it is giving me the sprinting and lateral movements that can help.
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:57 pm

@Nick Morris wrote:
Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:Careful with that softball thing - that is how I hurt my calf originally back in 2008 and it has given me fits ever since.

Yeah, I know that I have to be careful, but it is hard for me to give up that competitiveness.  Plus, it is giving me the sprinting and lateral movements that can help.

I'll just re-iterate then.  Maybe the lateral movements feel like they help, but make sure you are strengthening the core/hip/glute area in the gym because those lateral movements will get you.

Last edited by Michele "1L" Keane on Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:24 am

06.10.14 - 4 miles

Another 4 miler as I start the first step back week of the training schedule. Outside of a couple days last week, I am feeling good. Not much to say about the four mile run. It was pretty cool out for a June 10th run. I blame el nino...I completed 4.21 miles at a 7:48 pace.
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:54 pm

06.11.14 - 7 miles

A 7 mile run tonight as my mid week sorta long run begins to go up. Another beautiful night for a run...I have lucky to have great running weather, so far. I wonder how long it will last. Anyways, I ended up running 7.29 miles at a 7:48 pace. A solid midweek run...
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:27 pm

06.12.14 - 4 miles

The last of my mid week runs for Week 3. 4 miles on a cool windy evening. I decided to ru. The 4 mile loop from my house, which is a little longer than my out and back 4 mile route. Pretty simple run...just putting in the work. I completed 4.35 miles at a 7:45 pace. Scheduled off day tomorrow before my step back weekend miles.
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B on Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:45 pm

Solid runs there, Nick. What position do you play in softball?
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:14 pm

@Mark B wrote:Solid runs there, Nick. What position do you play in softball?

Thanks Mark. These shorter distances in the going seem to be going well. I'll begin to really ramp up in a couple of weeks.

As for softball, I play second base and third base...
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B on Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:52 pm

@Nick Morris wrote:

Thanks Mark.  These shorter distances in the going seem to be going well.  I'll begin to really ramp up in a couple of weeks.

Ah, second base. That was my favorite position to play. Not that I was any good at it, mind you..
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey on Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:14 am

@Mark B wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:

Thanks Mark.  These shorter distances in the going seem to be going well.  I'll begin to really ramp up in a couple of weeks.

Ah, second base. That was my favorite position to play. Not that I was any good at it, mind you..  
Oh, how I remember getting second base was a big deal Smile
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:07 am

@Schuey wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:

Oh, how I remember getting second base was a big deal Smile

I always liked rounding third Smile
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP on Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:26 am

I just saw your post from last Sunday - that was a great run! You are in mid-season form already.
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:55 am

@JohnP wrote:I just saw your post from last Sunday - that was a great run! You are in mid-season form already.

Thanks John!! I am not quite in mid season form, but it felt good to have a run like that!!

Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:57 am

06.13.14 - Scheduled Off Day

My normal Friday has me taking the day off from running to rest up for the weekend. With it being a step back week, my miles only total 19 for the weekend. Although, next week I cross the 40 mile week threshold. Enjoy the weekend!!!
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:50 pm

06.14.14 - 7 miles

A Friday night baseball game in Milwaukee meant that I got a late start this morning for my run. It also meant that it was in the mid 70s and rising. Nothing like a sweaty run to get your motor going. All in all, it wasn't that bad. I had some shady areas and a nice headwind for part of it. I complete 7.30 sweaty miles at a 7:45 pace. A step back 12 miler tomorrow morning.
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:47 am

06.15.14 - 12 miles

I finished my first step back week up with an easy 12 miles. I went out with a goal in mind of stay between an 8:05 and 8:10 pace. I like to challenge myself to run even splits, as it gives me the mental toughness that I need in races. I did a pretty decent job of it, as I finished the 12.21 miles with an 8:06 pace. There was a couple of times that I had to pull on the reigns and slow myself down.

Early Monday morning finds me flying to Indianapolis for work...So, this means that I get to run in another new state Smile
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top