365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

TAPER MADNESS?!?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TAPER MADNESS?!?!

Post  Nick Morris on Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:18 am

Is it weird that my race is on Sunday and I haven't really had any taper madness? Maybe it is because I had madness over getting into Boston or not. Anyone else get the "Madness" in my absence?
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11874
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 36
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS?!?!

Post  Mike MacLellan on Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:44 am

Nick, no real madness here either.  Too much going on with work and adjusting to new life, I guess.  Also, I think we're both running pretty low stakes races, right?
avatar
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 3083
Points : 7319
Join date : 2011-06-14
Age : 30
Location : Arlington, VA

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS?!?!

Post  mul21 on Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:09 am

Mike is probably on to something there.  No PR or BQ at stake for either of you, so the level of anxiety/excitement is probably a bit lower than in previous races.  I've experienced the same things in my last couple marathons when I wasn't shooting for anything in particular other than running a solid race.
avatar
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1481
Points : 4546
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 41
Location : St. Louis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS?!?!

Post  Nick Morris on Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:07 pm

Mike MacLellan wrote:Nick, no real madness here either.  Too much going on with work and adjusting to new life, I guess.  Also, I think we're both running pretty low stakes races, right?

mul21 wrote:Mike is probably on to something there.  No PR or BQ at stake for either of you, so the level of anxiety/excitement is probably a bit lower than in previous races.  I've experienced the same things in my last couple marathons when I wasn't shooting for anything in particular other than running a solid race.

That's definitely the case with me. I really need that goal to get me fired up.
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11874
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 36
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS?!?!

Post  Julie on Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:15 pm

Last night I dreamed about the race starting but I didn't have my packet (or bib or chip). Then I lost my place on the course.  Then my little boys were just there on the course without my parents watching them so I had to run with them in my arms. Yep, I'm tapering and have checked the 10 day forecast about 8 times in the last 3 days.  So yes, I am tapering for you.
avatar
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2602
Points : 6224
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS?!?!

Post  Nick Morris on Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:21 pm

Julie wrote:Last night I dreamed about the race starting but I didn't have my packet (or bib or chip). Then I lost my place on the course.  Then my little boys were just there on the course without my parents watching them so I had to run with them in my arms. Yep, I'm tapering and have checked the 10 day forecast about 8 times in the last 3 days.  So yes, I am tapering for you.

Ah, there is someone with the madness Smile Glad to see that it is still happening!!
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11874
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 36
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS?!?!

Post  Julie on Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:36 pm

Glad I could restore your faith in the taper madness!
avatar
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2602
Points : 6224
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS?!?!

Post  Nick Morris on Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:12 pm

Someone has to pick up my slack.
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11874
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 36
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS?!?!

Post  nkrichards on Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:13 pm

Julie has enough to worry about without handling everyone's taper madness for them! You guys need to carry your weight!
avatar
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1899
Points : 6606
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 59
Location : Sunny Central Oregon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS?!?!

Post  Julie on Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:28 pm

Nancy underestimates my ability to worry. I can worry about lots of things at once! Quite talented in that dept.
avatar
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2602
Points : 6224
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS?!?!

Post  Nick Morris on Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:17 am

Julie wrote:Nancy underestimates my ability to worry. I can worry about lots of things at once! Quite talented in that dept.

Is that a mom thing?
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11874
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 36
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS?!?!

Post  Julie on Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:20 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Julie wrote:Nancy underestimates my ability to worry. I can worry about lots of things at once! Quite talented in that dept.

Is that a mom thing?

 I feel old suddenly, but I'd say yes and no. Moms are good worriers but I was really good at it long before having kids.
avatar
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2602
Points : 6224
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS?!?!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum