365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

favorite/recommended training plans for marathon

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: favorite/recommended training plans for marathon

Post  Schuey on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:09 pm

@mountandog wrote:
@Schuey wrote:Well I have to say Pfitz plans have treated me well in the past. Currently I'm being personally coached by Brad Hudson. Which is similar but different in some/many aspects than the plans in his book, concept wise similar. He is really into developing strength and he's style is not for the fainted heart. I believe it has taken me the last 4 months to really adjust to his training which should make all my upcoming races Interesting
do you actually meet/talk with him, or is it primarily online stuff?  Curious how it works with him.
I'm in direct contact with him by phone and email as much as need be. On a normal bais I its 2 to 3 times a week. He is a really cool guy. Will meet up with him in the near future when we go and visit and stay with our friend Adriana Nelson she finished 15th at Boston last year. In 2007 she finished 2nd at Chicago she was edged out at the finish by Adere. 

She is also coached by Brad and has to be one of the coolest people I've every meet and it's always cool to get the inside scope on the elite running scene. Some pretty interesting stuff.
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: favorite/recommended training plans for marathon

Post  JohnP on Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:15 am

I also used Brad for a coach three years ago and the result was a marathon PR (and still my fastest marathon). I definitely recommend him and the training was difficult. Recently  I went through the program he devised and realized just how much he pushed me and really helped peak me for the race.
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top