365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

I Think I'll Go To Boston...

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: I Think I'll Go To Boston...

Post  Nick Morris on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:35 pm

@Mark B wrote:Nice!

I pity the hills! Pity them!

You need to sound a little more like Clubber Lang...

avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11931
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I Think I'll Go To Boston...

Post  Nick Morris on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:38 pm

An easy 3 mile recovery run. We are still under a wind chill advisory, so these miles were logged on the dreadmill. In fact, I think that all of my midweek runs this week will come on the dreadmill.
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11931
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I Think I'll Go To Boston...

Post  Nick Morris on Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:45 am

I booked my flights for Boston last night!!!  There is no going back now Smile
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11931
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I Think I'll Go To Boston...

Post  Julie on Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:34 pm

I didn't see you going back regardless...exciting times! 3 more months, more or less..
avatar
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2602
Points : 6281
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I Think I'll Go To Boston...

Post  Nick Morris on Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:05 pm

@Julie wrote:I didn't see you going back regardless...exciting times! 3 more months, more or less..

104 days, but who's counting??
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11931
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I Think I'll Go To Boston...

Post  mountandog on Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:38 pm

@Nick Morris wrote:
@Julie wrote:I didn't see you going back regardless...exciting times! 3 more months, more or less..

104 days, but who's counting??
me, michele, chelsea, my sisters, my running buddy, jerry, tom, and a whole bunch of others............... Very Happy
avatar
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1392
Points : 5543
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 61
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I Think I'll Go To Boston...

Post  Nick Morris on Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:29 pm

@mountandog wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@Julie wrote:I didn't see you going back regardless...exciting times! 3 more months, more or less..

104 days, but who's counting??
me, michele, chelsea, my sisters, my running buddy, jerry, tom, and a whole bunch of others............... Very Happy

Approval
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11931
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I Think I'll Go To Boston...

Post  Nick Morris on Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:31 pm

Scheduled off day today. I have bowling on Tuesday nights, so most Tuesdays will be a rest day. As I get later into the training cycle, I plan to add Tuesday runs back into the plan.
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11931
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I Think I'll Go To Boston...

Post  Nick Morris on Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:35 pm

-23 degree wind chill, so my 5 miler was completed on the dreadmill. Following the run I did some core work. Hoping to get back outside this weekend.
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11931
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I Think I'll Go To Boston...

Post  Nick Morris on Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:17 pm

So, every training cycle I try to find a song that exemplifies my training cycle.  I had the hardest time finding a song last summer that really hit mark, but I think I found one for this Boston cycle.  The song is "My Body" by Young the Giant.  The chorus goes; "My body tells me no, but I won't quit, cuz I want more."  I think that is a perfect line for a marathoner.  Enjoy Smile

avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11931
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I Think I'll Go To Boston...

Post  ounce on Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:00 pm

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:I'm sure the weather is headed our way, and my daughter is in for a big treat when she gets to Madison (it will be very cold and she and Nick will be in the same building at the same hockey game).  BU is ranked #1 right now, but Wisco has been coming on as of late.  I have heard of Augustana and know that song.  Guess, I'm not as old as Ounce.

Keep up the good work and see you soon.
Well, Augustana isn't on the playlist for classic rock or country stations.  Nor do I have younger offspring to educate my ear.  Although I do have "Mirrors" by JT on my ipod.  I saw him do it on SNL a year or 18 months ago.
avatar
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4756
Points : 13098
Join date : 2011-06-26
Age : 60
Location : houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I Think I'll Go To Boston...

Post  Nick Morris on Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:54 pm

The snow came barreling through today, and although it was light, it mixed with wind and cold temps kept me indoors and on the dreadmill. Four miles on the dreadmill. That's two days in a row on a machine that I dislike. Oh well...I gotta get the miles in somehow.
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11931
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I Think I'll Go To Boston...

Post  ounce on Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:06 pm

@Nick Morris wrote:
@Julie wrote:I didn't see you going back regardless...exciting times! 3 more months, more or less..

104 days, but who's counting??
OMG!!!!  This is the first symptom of Early Onset TAPER MAADNESSSSSS!!!!  No

It reminds me high school and counting down the days from the first day after the winter break.

Nick, open your mouth and say, "Ah!" tongue
avatar
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4756
Points : 13098
Join date : 2011-06-26
Age : 60
Location : houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I Think I'll Go To Boston...

Post  Tom H on Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:10 pm

Could be worse Nick, you could not have access to a treadmill.  Think what that would do to your running brain!  And 4 miles will go by in no time - just be glad you are in the peak miles of training and see that your schedule calls for 18 or 20.
avatar
Tom H
Regular
Regular

Posts : 564
Points : 3240
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 59
Location : Fremont, SF Bay Area

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I Think I'll Go To Boston...

Post  Nick Morris on Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:44 pm

@ounce wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@Julie wrote:I didn't see you going back regardless...exciting times! 3 more months, more or less..

104 days, but who's counting??
OMG!!!!  This is the first symptom of Early Onset TAPER MAADNESSSSSS!!!!  No

It reminds me high school and counting down the days from the first day after the winter break.

Nick, open your mouth and say, "Ah!" tongue


Glad to see that you are finally catching up  geek
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11931
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I Think I'll Go To Boston...

Post  mountandog on Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:59 pm

@Nick Morris wrote:The snow came barreling through today, and although it was light, it mixed with wind and cold temps kept me indoors and on the dreadmill. Four miles on the dreadmill. That's two days in a row on a machine that I dislike.  Oh well...I gotta get the miles in somehow.
I've done 45 miles on the TM in the past week.  Can't stand it, but no choice.  Thank God there is a TM.  Suck it up and quit whining. Sad
avatar
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1392
Points : 5543
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 61
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I Think I'll Go To Boston...

Post  Mike MacLellan on Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:27 pm

@mountandog wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:The snow came barreling through today, and although it was light, it mixed with wind and cold temps kept me indoors and on the dreadmill. Four miles on the dreadmill. That's two days in a row on a machine that I dislike.  Oh well...I gotta get the miles in somehow.
I've done 45 miles on the TM in the past week.  Can't stand it, but no choice.  Thank God there is a TM.  Suck it up and quit whining. Sad
Okay, okay, okay, I hereby promise to never bitch about weather on my blog again.
avatar
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 3099
Points : 7426
Join date : 2011-06-14
Age : 30
Location : Arlington, VA

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Re: I Think I'll Go To Boston...

Post  mountandog on Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:08 pm

@Mike MacLellan wrote:
@mountandog wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:The snow came barreling through today, and although it was light, it mixed with wind and cold temps kept me indoors and on the dreadmill. Four miles on the dreadmill. That's two days in a row on a machine that I dislike.  Oh well...I gotta get the miles in somehow.
I've done 45 miles on the TM in the past week.  Can't stand it, but no choice.  Thank God there is a TM.  Suck it up and quit whining. Sad
Okay, okay, okay, I hereby promise to never bitch about weather on my blog again.
Approval Approval
avatar
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1392
Points : 5543
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 61
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I Think I'll Go To Boston...

Post  ounce on Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:31 pm

@mountandog wrote:
@Mike MacLellan wrote:
@mountandog wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:The snow came barreling through today, and although it was light, it mixed with wind and cold temps kept me indoors and on the dreadmill. Four miles on the dreadmill. That's two days in a row on a machine that I dislike.  Oh well...I gotta get the miles in somehow.
I've done 45 miles on the TM in the past week.  Can't stand it, but no choice.  Thank God there is a TM.  Suck it up and quit whining. Sad
Okay, okay, okay, I hereby promise to never bitch about weather on my blog again.
Approval Approval
But Mike, that doesn't mean that you can bitch about the weather on Nick's blog.  Twisted Evil
avatar
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4756
Points : 13098
Join date : 2011-06-26
Age : 60
Location : houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I Think I'll Go To Boston...

Post  Nick Morris on Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:39 am

@ounce wrote:
@mountandog wrote:
@Mike MacLellan wrote:
@mountandog wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:The snow came barreling through today, and although it was light, it mixed with wind and cold temps kept me indoors and on the dreadmill. Four miles on the dreadmill. That's two days in a row on a machine that I dislike.  Oh well...I gotta get the miles in somehow.
I've done 45 miles on the TM in the past week.  Can't stand it, but no choice.  Thank God there is a TM.  Suck it up and quit whining. Sad
Okay, okay, okay, I hereby promise to never bitch about weather on my blog again.
Approval Approval
But Mike, that doesn't mean that you can bitch about the weather on Nick's blog.  Twisted Evil

I will always bitch about weather until I move out of the Midwest Smile
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11931
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I Think I'll Go To Boston...

Post  Mark B on Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:09 am

Wait... Nick has been dealing with "Day After Tomorrow" weather conditions, and he's still alive?



Guess he just reset his standard for weather bitching. He can now only complain when it looks like Elsa from "Frozen" went on a psychotic ice making binge and buried Madison under 2 miles of continental ice sheet.


(Meanwhile, 2 miles above Nick's head, life goes on...)

Yep. That'll do.

Now get back out there and run!

But please don't start the kissing Boston coeds lip-ups workouts until the metal flagpoles thaw out.  What a Face
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7232
Points : 15593
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I Think I'll Go To Boston...

Post  ounce on Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:33 am

@Mark B wrote:Wait... Nick has been dealing with "Day After Tomorrow" weather conditions, and he's still alive?



Guess he just reset his standard for weather bitching. He can now only complain when it looks like Elsa from "Frozen" went on a psychotic ice making binge and buried Madison under 2 miles of continental ice sheet.


(Meanwhile, 2 miles above Nick's head, life goes on...)

Yep. That'll do.

Now get back out there and run!

But please don't start the kissing Boston coeds lip-ups workouts until the metal flagpoles thaw out.  What a Face
Mark is so right.  Not only does Madison look like "Day After Tomorrow", but Nick's alter ego, Hank the Wonder Dog was evacuated on the Brewers team jet down to sunny Florida, so he can monitor and, uh, fertilize the Spring Training location.
avatar
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4756
Points : 13098
Join date : 2011-06-26
Age : 60
Location : houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I Think I'll Go To Boston...

Post  Nick Morris on Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:42 am

@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:Wait... Nick has been dealing with "Day After Tomorrow" weather conditions, and he's still alive?



Guess he just reset his standard for weather bitching. He can now only complain when it looks like Elsa from "Frozen" went on a psychotic ice making binge and buried Madison under 2 miles of continental ice sheet.


(Meanwhile, 2 miles above Nick's head, life goes on...)

Yep. That'll do.

Now get back out there and run!

But please don't start the kissing Boston coeds lip-ups workouts until the metal flagpoles thaw out.  What a Face
Mark is so right.  Not only does Madison look like "Day After Tomorrow", but Nick's alter ego, Hank the Wonder Dog was evacuated on the Brewers team jet down to sunny Florida, so he can monitor and, uh, fertilize the Spring Training location.

Alas, Mark is correct, with the layer of snow and -10s to -20s windchills it feels like the day after tomorrow. As for Hank, he went Arizona, not Florida. AZ is a much nicer place for Spring Training!
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11931
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I Think I'll Go To Boston...

Post  Nick Morris on Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:47 am

The worst part is, that I gotta run in this shit this morning!!

avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 11931
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I Think I'll Go To Boston...

Post  Mark B on Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:22 am

Yeah, but it's a dry cold...

avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7232
Points : 15593
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I Think I'll Go To Boston...

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum