365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

60 day notice from GoDaddy...

+9
mountandog
Michele "1L" Keane
Jerry
dot520
Tim C
Nick Morris
fostever
Mike MacLellan
Admin
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

winning - 60 day notice from GoDaddy... - Page 2 Empty Re: 60 day notice from GoDaddy...

Post  Mark B Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:42 pm

Mr MattM wrote:Hey gang... it's really not so much a cost issue.  I can't turn around without hitting stacks of cash.  Money 

Honestly, it was just a question of whether it's worth it (or the 'right' thing to do) given the dramatic drop off in user participation.  It doesn't bother me one bit that people have moved onto other things, places, etc... just seems like there are really only 2 things left:

1) conversational posts
2) blogs

Both of those can easily be hosted (for free) by RunningAhead (which also offers lots of really cool runner stuff).  A user can simply register and create a new Forum specifically for their own group's use.  And Eric (the eternally smiling dude) doesn't have stupid limits on message threads that auto-create new thread and lock the old ones...

In fact, I went ahead and created a new Group named 365Runners.  It can be accessed here:
365Runners

The password is 'higdon'.  I can make others admins, who can then do whatever they desire. 

That said, if it's important enough to you guys, I can easily renew this domain with GoDaddy and keep the site going.  It's a whopping $9.98 for 2 years...

Wait, I mean it's $998.00 and I will PM each of you my PayPal account for donations... lol! 

Hope everyone is well!  The running weather is returning for most of us... so get out there and... RUN MORE!

I actually use the RunningAHEAD site for my training log. Been using it for years. It's quite good. So it can track our training blogs like this site ? Hm.

I'm sure we could return enough bottles to pay GoDaddy, though.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

winning - 60 day notice from GoDaddy... - Page 2 Empty Re: 60 day notice from GoDaddy...

Post  Julie Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:46 pm

I guess I better start selling coffee and trail mix door to door for a fundraiser....

I have dropped off in the last year because my boys are so  crazy mobile. One is standing on my leg right now and we have no chairs in the front of the house because they're climbers. So, nothing against anybody but I really am focusing on my kids although I really like you all, too.  Very Happy
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:24 pm

do you think migrating to a new sight would attract additional participants and get us where we want to go.   One strategy would be to keep this alive for a while and begin a migration and once its better known we shut this one down.  You guys are my ONLY community so I hate to be left alone out here in the dark.  You guys have really helped over the years in many ways.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:42 pm

This is my only community as well and it's been hugely helpful to have some place to go with questions. That said I often get busy and don't blog as often as I'd like and I can't say what's going to happen now. I'd love to be able to stay in touch...I don't care how/where.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:01 pm

mountandog wrote:do you think migrating to a new sight would attract additional participants and get us where we want to go.   One strategy would be to keep this alive for a while and begin a migration and once its better known we shut this one down.  You guys are my ONLY community so I hate to be left alone out here in the dark.  You guys have really helped over the years in many ways.

nkrichards wrote:This is my only community as well and it's been hugely helpful to have some place to go with questions.  That said I often get busy and don't blog as often as I'd like and I can't say what's going to happen now.  I'd love to be able to stay in touch...I don't care how/where.

I don't think moving would do anything but damage our ability to retain/attract members to our community.

It'd be better, I think, to simply cough up the 10-spot and promote this site better.

If it has become a hassle for Matt to administer, which I could totally understand, I know of at least a couple of nerds moderately tech-savvy individuals who'd be more than happy to step in and take over those duties.

Last edited by Mark B on Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:54 pm

And for $10 every 2 years, we won't have to have PBS-style membership and money dunning drives.

I do think the FB V-Team group participation is dropping, too.  It seems the daily 'what cha running' thread seems to start later and later in the day.  So, it's not just this board.

I swear I'm not a nerd.  jocolor
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:14 am

I'm for keeping it up - and I'd cough up $10 and send it to MrMatt in an instant.

I love hearing from Michael, the occasional post from Schuey and Mike M, the kid updates from Julie, the weekly running log so I know Kevin is alive even if he is in Africa somewhere, the yearly planting season from Nancy, and the hot weather motivator from Doug.  Even if there are just a few of us - and we can promote it on the FB V-team site if we wish to get more readers.  

I do check FB most days as that is where my local running group posts the group run meetups and other workouts, and I try to casually post on the site as well as try to keep up with others like the Millers who are not here, but are there.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:41 am

I'm not concerned with promoting the site or generating more participation or anything like that... my thoughts were more about right-sizing and how best to handle things going forward.  It's a very small group of regulars with a few more who stop in occasionally.  That's a-okay. 

I wanted to gauge what YOUR thoughts are, and it seems like the consensus is that you'd prefer to keep it going.  I have no problem with that.

I would like to ask... can I blow away the race calendar and fantasy league sub-forums?  Any objections?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:49 am

I think you can clean up some areas.  I would like a simplified race calendar and I would post my races if it was simpler - something more visible I guess.  Not that its hard, its just not top of mind so to speak.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:04 am

The Fantasy League can go.  I don't ever think about the Race Calendar, but for as little as I race, it wouldn't be much to make the post about them.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:27 pm

No objections, either. I'm glad we're keeping this site.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:47 pm

I am fine with getting rid of those 2. I would post in the race calendar but I can also just start a new blog.  Very Happy
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:45 pm

Mr MattM wrote:I'm not concerned with promoting the site or generating more participation or anything like that... my thoughts were more about right-sizing and how best to handle things going forward.  It's a very small group of regulars with a few more who stop in occasionally.  That's a-okay. 

I wanted to gauge what YOUR thoughts are, and it seems like the consensus is that you'd prefer to keep it going.  I have no problem with that.

I would like to ask... can I blow away the race calendar and fantasy league sub-forums?  Any objections?

Go for it!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim C Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:52 pm

I too would love to see the site remain as is.  I don't post much but I learn a lot on here and enjoy what others post.
Tim C
Tim C
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:03 am

Yeah and we need to follow along when Tim C attempts his next BQ - where else we he get such love.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:01 pm

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:Yeah and we need to follow along when Tim C attempts his next BQ - where else we he get such love.

+1
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim C Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:44 pm

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:Yeah and we need to follow along when Tim C attempts his next BQ - where else we he get such love.

Mark B wrote:

+1

See... that's why you guys are so awesome!
Tim C
Tim C
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  dot520 Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:57 pm

I check FB a lot although I don't post much on FB either.  I have been in other groups who went to FB as a private group and I feel it ruined the purpose....being able to have decent sized threads and the ability to post in threads with a long drawn out answer while having the ability to find those threads again.  Smile  I've come back here more recently and while I don't post , I like to read the blogs for inspiration.  I'm for keeping it.

Last edited by dot520 on Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Didn't proof read first)
dot520
dot520
Top 10 Poster Emeritus
Top 10 Poster Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Mon May 04, 2015 9:18 am

When one has no PR for 5 years, Jerry really does not have mood to post wherever.
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon May 04, 2015 10:20 am

Jerry wrote:When one has no PR for 5 years, Jerry really does not have mood to post wherever.

Cmon Jerry - how about 24 yrs?
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Mon May 04, 2015 2:09 pm

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:
Jerry wrote:When one has no PR for 5 years, Jerry really does not have mood to post wherever.

hey its not about PRs and you know it!!
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Mon May 04, 2015 2:19 pm

mountandog wrote:

You want PRs, Jerry? Accomplish them like the rest of us... by running new, longer distances.

Heck, I set a PR in my first 50-miler, even though I came in DFL! #winning #sorta
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Mon May 04, 2015 6:50 pm

Or a short new distance. I could PR in an 8k.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Mon May 04, 2015 8:23 pm

mountandog wrote:

+1  And if it is Mark and Julie offered great suggestions.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon May 04, 2015 8:54 pm

nkrichards wrote:
mountandog wrote:

+1  And if it is Mark and Julie offered great suggestions.
Yeah, on these boards I hold the record for the 30K distance and maybe the 25K distance. Talk about easy pickins.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2