365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back to my Natal State

+3
Julie
mountandog
Michele "1L" Keane
7 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Back to my Natal State - Page 3 Empty Re: Back to my Natal State

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:15 pm

Julie wrote:http://www.irunwithgoats.org/ has a bunch of options in Omaha (an hour away) and Kansas has  a lot. Maybe a 10 miler trail would be worth it. I think I should probably step back with little kids, especially since I work 2-3 Saturdays/month and if I'm off I don't really want to spend the whole day either running or tired because I just ran long.

All this will have to wait till next year because this year we hope to add a sweet baby girl to our family in September.  Very Happy

Congrats - does this mean you are pregnant or are you adopting?  Either way, very very cool.  My husband and siblings were all adopted by the way.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:32 pm

Pregnant. We were applying to adopt when I got pregnant with J and N! I have a lot of friends who have adopted, too. But this time it worked out for us to have another pregnancy, just hoping everything goes well. Pregnancy anxiety is so hard on me.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:32 pm

Julie wrote:http://www.irunwithgoats.org/ has a bunch of options in Omaha (an hour away) and Kansas has  a lot. Maybe a 10 miler trail would be worth it. I think I should probably step back with little kids, especially since I work 2-3 Saturdays/month and if I'm off I don't really want to spend the whole day either running or tired because I just ran long.

All this will have to wait till next year because this year we hope to add a sweet baby girl to our family in September.  Very Happy

Wait, what?!

Congratulations! cheers cheers cheers

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:04 pm

Mark B wrote:

Wait, what?!

Congratulations! cheers cheers cheers

+1!!

That's great, Julie!  This can be another pregnancy blog, with no problem at all.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:44 pm

Thanks Mark and Ounce!

I guess natal/pre-natal...this all works to keep with this blog. I'm not training for anything, just trying to keep whatever strength up I can. I mostly walk but can run slowly.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Fri May 06, 2016 12:37 pm

Wow...I almost missed out on the news while I was traveling.

Congrats and don't forget to stop in occasionally and keep us updated.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:01 pm

Thanks Nancy! Keeping busy here, and pretty tired. Still walking about 4 miles most days. Everything is going well with Baby as far as I know, just have a couple more months of growing to do.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:29 pm

That's cool, Julie.  I hope the momma hangs on like the baby is.  When you're out of line, I'm sure you get a kick or two (or three or four).  Continued safe progress.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:52 pm

Glad your pregnancy is progressing well! Impressive daily walking, too. Keep it up!

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:33 pm

Great to hear from you and glad to hear that you and baby are both doing well.  Why am I not surprised that you're getting your walking in. Very Happy Enjoy your busy family...they'll all be grown up before you know it.!
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:40 pm

Thank you! Sorry for not keeping up with your blogging and training. I've been really exhausted, what's new though? 
Still walking 4 miles most days. I should have a month or less to go now...kind of crazy. It seems really far away yet close. Glad to be past the gestation I had my boys since I really don't want another NICU stay. Everything has been going well, though, and my kids are excited for baby sister.

I thinking about a local half marathon next fall instead of rushing into a marathon next spring and fall. It's just hard with a nursing baby and I don't feel a massive rush to get back into things since I highly highly doubt we'll have another baby after this. I know I don't have to decide about a next race or anything now, but I admit I walk and see runners and I kind of just want to run but baby is very happy head-down and it's just way too much pressure to even bother to run (and I'd be so slow anyway, ha!).
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:33 pm

Julie wrote:Thank you! Sorry for not keeping up with your blogging and training. I've been really exhausted, what's new though? 
Still walking 4 miles most days. I should have a month or less to go now...kind of crazy. It seems really far away yet close. Glad to be past the gestation I had my boys since I really don't want another NICU stay. Everything has been going well, though, and my kids are excited for baby sister.

I thinking about a local half marathon next fall instead of rushing into a marathon next spring and fall. It's just hard with a nursing baby and I don't feel a massive rush to get back into things since I highly highly doubt we'll have another baby after this. I know I don't have to decide about a next race or anything now, but I admit I walk and see runners and I kind of just want to run but baby is very happy head-down and it's just way too much pressure to even bother to run (and I'd be so slow anyway, ha!).
Thanks for checking in, momma.  Good to know everything is motoring right along.  Hmmm, a month or less, eh?  Could it be a Labor Day labor event?

Good luck on the delivery and the kid's new play thing Shocked !
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:08 pm

Nice to hear that pregnancy is going well for you, and that you're able to get in some walking miles. A head-down baby and running sounds, er, uncomfortable. Walking is good!

I think you're wise in targeting a shorter distance for your post-natal race. It'll make it less stressful as you balance running with a newborn and her siblings.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:38 pm

Labor day is a definite possibility!

Yeah, a big baby head pushing down isn't exactly comfortable, but glad for what walking I can get. Trying to figure out how valuable the walking is weighed against the little sleep I get with insomnia. Well, soon enough I can get little sleep from baby, I hope!

Thanks for checking in, I hope you all have a good Labor Day in a few weeks!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Great to hear things are going well.  Take care of yourself and enjoy whatever sleep you can get.  The walking will keep you fit enough to pick the running back up when you're ready.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:04 pm

Our sweet daughter Eliana Faith arrived Thursday at 10 : 58 AM. She had a difficult transition and spent a day in nicu to monitor her O2 sats and rule out infection but we are home and doing well albeit exhausted. I got my vbac which is not the easiest to do in Nebraska but I feel so much better than I did after my emergency c section with my boys. We walked 3 miles as a family today.. I'll get pics up later.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:53 pm

Congrats!!!!!  And a 3 mile walk already - you are amazing!
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:37 pm

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:Congrats!!!!!  And a 3 mile walk already - you are amazing!

+1 Amazing is an understatement!

Glad you were able to go with a vbac.  I'm sure the recovery is much quicker!!

Good to hear you're all home and doing well now.  Take it easy...you're going to need any rest you can get keeping up with your busy family.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:39 pm

nkrichards wrote:
Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:Congrats!!!!!  And a 3 mile walk already - you are amazing!

+1 Amazing is an understatement!

Glad you were able to go with a vbac.  I'm sure the recovery is much quicker!!

Good to hear you're all home and doing well now.  Take it easy...you're going to need any rest you can get keeping up with your busy family.
and +1!  Very nice, young lady.

How long ago did vbac's start up instead of a repeat?  I'm sure it was 'encouraged' by insurance companies.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:01 pm

I'm not sure..I know vbac rates vary greatly by hospital and region. Many OBs are very intolerant of them. I switched providers and did everything I could to increase my chances and I'm considered an ideal candidate with having a previous natural birth and a non repeat cause for my section (footling breech twin A ). I went pain med free as I did with my daughter so in short term I'm sure more painful but a million times easier afterwards.

Thanks! We are very happy to have her. Just have to catch sleep when I can.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:11 pm

Congratulations! Nice that you could get the vbac option and that it worked out. 

Hope to see photos soon!

That 3-mile family walk is just showing off, though.  Very Happy  (Well done!)

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:08 pm

Back to my Natal State - Page 3 DSC_0276copyLjM_zpsybntyxks

Back to my Natal State - Page 3 DSC_0339copyLjM_zps8btmxfcl
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:57 pm

Your children are beautiful!  And I did not realize that one of the twins had such curls - wow!
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:40 am

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:Your children are beautiful!  And I did not realize that one of the twins had such curls - wow!
I agree!  And the curls will sure make it easy to tell them apart for others.  Good job.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:54 pm

So cute! Thanks for the photos. Very Happy

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down