365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long time, no see...

5 posters

Go down

Long time, no see... Empty Long time, no see...

Post  Dave Bussard Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:35 am

Re: 60 day notice from GoDaddy....

Guess I'm one of those guilty of losing my way and kind-of dropping out of here. I don't Facebook, tweet or insta-anything. About the only place I visit anymore is Letsrun and log my miles on Running2win. I never really felt I had much to offer in the way of conversation here...Like others this is/was the only place to share my running world after Hal's V-Team boards went away.

Anyhow, I'm 55 now, and running is going 'Very, very well' these days after taking a few down years and contemplating if I really wanted to do this anymore. I ran my Spring goal race, a 5K, in June. I ran pretty good going 16:46 but mentally & physically I just crashed. I had focused on this race for 8 months with the goal being the 55-59 AR but fell 29 seconds short. It may have well been 5 minutes. It just seemed so stupid to do all this work just to fall so short.

So I took a week off running, did some soul searching, accepted a very good clubs invite to join up with them, and decided it wasn't time to walk away, yet. A week totally away from running did wonders. I felt refreshed and excited to run again. So I'll be running the USATF Masters Champs in the mile (Aug 21), 5K (Oct 4) and Club XC Champs (Dec 12) with Michigans Playmakers Elite/New Balance 50's club team. The prospects of a chance to win individual and team championships in all three events seems to be the motivator to keep on going...

Personally... daughter got married, son got divorced and the wife & I will celebrate 34 years next week. Life is pretty good these days!
Dave Bussard
Dave Bussard
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Long time, no see... Empty Re: Long time, no see...

Post  fostever Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:00 pm

Congrats all around on the positives you mentioned and glad to hear from you again. It's not stupid to set your goals high, especially when we all know you are capable. Hey, you inspire us master runners and I'm sure other younger ones here! Good luck on your newest running goals, I personally will be watching!
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:40 pm

Hi DaveB - great to see that you are still running and sorry that I won't be going to Club Nationals this year (since they are on the west coast, it is hard to get a team excited).  Have fun and keep being speedy.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:04 pm

Hey, Dave! Nice to hear from you again.

Glad you were able to bounce back from that disappointing race and feel the mojo kicking in again.

I look forward to hearing how things go for you as the year progresses.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:12 pm

see you in Flint == looks like I'm dropping another place in the standings   Very Happy
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down