365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy 2016! Got goals? Share them here.

4 posters

Go down

Happy 2016! Got goals? Share them here. Empty Happy 2016! Got goals? Share them here.

Post  Mark B Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:45 am

What's coming up for you? Share it here.

Me, I'm getting ready to help my wife do the 6-hour event at the Elijah Bristow 24 Hour Run on June 18 at Elijah Bristow State Park a few miles east of Eugene. She wants to do something new and different to celebrate her 50th birthday, and doing a bunch of 1.0544-mile loops sounds good to her. Should be fun.

So I'll be getting in condition for that, to be able to help her through the event. It'll also help me build a base for whatever other harebrained adventure I cook up for myself after that. Very Happy

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Happy 2016! Got goals? Share them here. Empty Re: Happy 2016! Got goals? Share them here.

Post  ounce Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:05 pm

Merry New Year, Mark.  It should be an interesting year in politics, no doubt.  As are other people, but I am curious about how Trump will handle adversity in losing a primary or two.  I'm surprised that he's lasted as long as he has.

As far as running, I'm going to make another stab at a 25 minute PR for 2017 Houston, which means losing weight, which means doing strength training.  I'll also focus a little on doing longer runs in the Summer as a prequel to helping Reina run the 2017 Javelina Jundred.

I have signed up for the 2016 Sugar Land 30K, this coming December.

I also hope to get my 8th official finish out of 10 attempts in 16 days, here in the Bayou City.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Happy 2016! Got goals? Share them here. Empty Re: Happy 2016! Got goals? Share them here.

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:40 pm

Complete a Half Ironman in August
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:29 am

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:Complete a Half Ironman in August
Within her the Force is strong.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:31 pm

Goals...hmm...I'll post them in a few days.  I have a couple ideas in mind but need the results of my nuclear stress test and a visit with the cardiologist before I can choose specific goals.

I will say that I intend to remain active at whatever level the cardiologist will allow.

Here's to 2016 and new goals...
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down