365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Building A Better Bumblebee

+3
Julie
Michele "1L" Keane
Mike MacLellan
7 posters

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

Building A Better Bumblebee - Page 2 Empty Re: Building A Better Bumblebee

Post  Mark B Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:26 pm

nkrichards wrote:
Mark B wrote:Sorta-long run: 10.25 miles

Weather: Overcast, humid (for here). 59-62° Gear: Testers, shorts, T. Fuel: Only water, 1 S-Cap at 58 minutes in.

Still working to get as many miles in my legs as I can, and I could feel the effects of cumulative fatigue in this run. I was able to keep my HR relatively in check, and my paces weren't too bad, but my legs felt tired the whole time. It took some doing to keep going.

I also had one other distraction. My heart rate strap was slowly chewing a hole in my chest. Ow! I'd replaced the battery a few days ago and *thought* I had managed to get it swapped out without damaging the surface of the screw cap that holds the battery in pace... but apparently not. (This type of strap is notorious for this. Planned obsolescence, anyone?)  I have an angry red welt on my chest now, and it stings like crazy when sweat gets into it, too. Grr.

I've already bought a replacement strap with a different design. Yay Amazon Prime! Saved $27.

Back to the run. It had just stopped raining when I went out, so it was warm and quite humid for these parts. Despite the tired legs, I still felt like I had power even in the last stretch, so I'd say this was a good workout. I was also able to make it all the hills without having to walk my HR down. That's a definite good sign.

Walked first and last 5 minutes. Average HR for entire run: 135

Nice!  I can definitely see progress. Smile

Stay out of the heat this weekend.

Thanks! Trying to remember to get some targeted downtime, too, so the workouts actually have an impact. Crossing my fingers that it'll pay off in early July.

And my goodness, it is toasty, isn't it? I'm glad I didn't sign up for the Beacon Rock race again this year. It's happening today, with a forecast high of around 100. Lots of the course is sun-exposed, and the climbing is sweat-inducing enough. It's got to be brutal out there. I'll be at work today, but Alita and Alec will be out in Portland this evening for the Starlight Parade. She'll be toting water for the kids, who will be in their full marching band uniforms. Phew!

We'll be getting up very early tomorrow to get some miles in before it gets too hot. Unless she's too wiped out from tonight's activities, which is a possibility. Me, I'll be in an air conditioned office all day keeping up on the aftermath of our oil train crack-up and fire from yesterday.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:16 pm

Alita's long run: 10.1 miles

Weather: Sunny, warm. 64-76° Gear: Testers, shorts, T, hat, shades. Fuel: Water, S-Caps at 1, 2 hours in.

Out for what I'd hoped would be a confidence-building last long run for Alita before our 6-hour event in a couple of weeks. Training hasn't gone as well as hoped, so getting one good, measured effort where things went well was important.

We got Alita a new handheld water bottle for this run, which encouraged her to hydrate more regularly, and a handy pouch on the bottle gave her a place to stash -- and remember -- some fuel, which helped keep the blood sugar regulated. We also made a point of taking regular walking breaks with the idea of stretching out the distance and time as much as possible. We'd separately decided 8 miles was a minimum, and we ended up doing 10 and spending nearly 3 hours out there.

The run was very good for Alita. She came out of it with a positive outlook and sense of working to prevent and solve problems. To wit: Her ITB started whinnying at her at about Mile 9, but she'd just mentioned that her current shoes are too small. Didn't take much deduction to see a likely culprit. We'll be getting her bigger shoes this afternoon.

It was a good run for me, too. I also need time on my feet, and the slower paces will do a lot for stimulating those slow-twitch muscles. I still have an raw, oozing sore on my chest from my HR strap malfunction last week, so I went unmeasured, and didn't really mind it.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:47 am

Mark B wrote:Alita's long run: 10.1 miles

Weather: Sunny, warm. 64-76° Gear: Testers, shorts, T, hat, shades. Fuel: Water, S-Caps at 1, 2 hours in.

Out for what I'd hoped would be a confidence-building last long run for Alita before our 6-hour event in a couple of weeks. Training hasn't gone as well as hoped, so getting one good, measured effort where things went well was important.

We got Alita a new handheld water bottle for this run, which encouraged her to hydrate more regularly, and a handy pouch on the bottle gave her a place to stash -- and remember -- some fuel, which helped keep the blood sugar regulated. We also made a point of taking regular walking breaks with the idea of stretching out the distance and time as much as possible. We'd separately decided 8 miles was a minimum, and we ended up doing 10 and spending nearly 3 hours out there.

The run was very good for Alita. She came out of it with a positive outlook and sense of working to prevent and solve problems. To wit: Her ITB started whinnying at her at about Mile 9, but she'd just mentioned that her current shoes are too small. Didn't take much deduction to see a likely culprit. We'll be getting her bigger shoes this afternoon.

It was a good run for me, too. I also need time on my feet, and the slower paces will do a lot for stimulating those slow-twitch muscles. I still have an raw, oozing sore on my chest from my HR strap malfunction last week, so I went unmeasured, and didn't really mind it.

That first paragraph had me worried about where this was going...  Glad to hear my fears were unfounded and that it went well.  It wouldn't be much fun for either of you if Alita went into the event with a lack of confidence and commitment to her goal so the positive outlook she gained from this run is invaluable.  The mental preparation will carry her farther than the actual physical benefits of the run.  Anyway glad to hear that it went well and was a productive morning for both of you.

Hope the new chest strap arrives and the sore heals quickly...
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:48 am

nkrichards wrote:
Mark B wrote:Alita's long run: 10.1 miles

That first paragraph had me worried about where this was going...  Glad to hear my fears were unfounded and that it went well.  It wouldn't be much fun for either of you if Alita went into the event with a lack of confidence and commitment to her goal so the positive outlook she gained from this run is invaluable.  The mental preparation will carry her farther than the actual physical benefits of the run.  Anyway glad to hear that it went well and was a productive morning for both of you.

Hope the new chest strap arrives and the sore heals quickly...

Sorry about the deceptive foreshadowing! I was trying to show how much was riding on this run, and how pleased we were that it turned out. Kind of worried about her knee, which seems like a tight IT band, so we'll have to be mindful of that.

Got the new strap, and it looks like it'll work a lot better than the old kind. I just need the skin to heal up first. Crazy, it's still tender to the touch. I think it's going to leave a scar!

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:49 am

3 x mile repeats (4.22 total) - with one E-ticket ride on the hood of a car.

Weather: Sunny, mild. 57° Gear: Testers, shorts, T.

After yesterday's slower-paced run, I wanted to get my HR up a bit this morning. Except, I still can't wear a HR strap because of the wound from last week... but I went out anyway and ran by feel/time.

I started picking up the pace a bit even before I finished my warm-up mile, and I hit three mile repeats at very close to the came pace (8:59, 9:06; 9:02) despite varying terrain. Actually the first repeat would have been faster if I hadn't been hit by that car, but...

WHAT?! HIT BY A CAR?!?!??!!!

Oh, yeah. That. I was crossing an intersection in front of the high school (I had the green light but not the crosswalk) and was checking for people turning left into the school parking lot when I felt contact at my left knee and felt myself heading quickly toward the hood of a car. I caught myself on my hands and looked up to see some high school dad looking scared out of his mind. So scared, that when I walked around the car and he rolled down his window, the first thing I did was as if HE was okay. Smile

He was kinda surprised by that. But I wasn't hurt (well, I'll probably have a bruise where the car made contact) and oddly not mad. I told him it was okay, no big deal and kept running. So that probably added a few seconds to that repeat.

Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, the second repeat was harder, and feel is difficult when you're breathing hard. So I kept an eye on the pace on my Garmin and tried to keep it even that way. I barely even slowed down when some lady coming out of Starbucks nearly hit me.

No, really. I swear I made eye contact and waved acknowledgement as I started crossing the driveway when she started rolling forward then made an "O!" sort of expression, threw up one hand to the side of her head and hit the brakes.

I run in the woods and on country roads with no shoulders... and I swear this route with the huge perfect sidewalks is the most dangerous place to run anywhere.

Anyway, back to the run (no more close calls, thank goodness). I decided to to my repeats differently and not time the rest interval. It was throwing off where my miles came and was quite distracting. So when I hit each mile I'd stop the Garmin and stand and walk around until I felt rested enough to start up again.

The third repeat has a bit of a climb, which had me feeling thoroughly gassed, but I eased back enough to push it in for the last half mile. That was a nice confidence builder.

All in all, an eventful run.

Walked first and last 5 minutes. No HR data.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:06 pm

Mark B wrote:3 x mile repeats (4.22 total) - with one E-ticket ride on the hood of a car.

Weather: Sunny, mild. 57° Gear: Testers, shorts, T.

After yesterday's slower-paced run, I wanted to get my HR up a bit this morning. Except, I still can't wear a HR strap because of the wound from last week... but I went out anyway and ran by feel/time.

I started picking up the pace a bit even before I finished my warm-up mile, and I hit three mile repeats at very close to the came pace (8:59, 9:06; 9:02) despite varying terrain. Actually the first repeat would have been faster if I hadn't been hit by that car, but...

WHAT?! HIT BY A CAR?!?!??!!!

Oh, yeah. That. I was crossing an intersection in front of the high school (I had the green light but not the crosswalk) and was checking for people turning left into the school parking lot when I felt contact at my left knee and felt myself heading quickly toward the hood of a car. I caught myself on my hands and looked up to see some high school dad looking scared out of his mind. So scared, that when I walked around the car and he rolled down his window, the first thing I did was as if HE was okay. Smile

He was kinda surprised by that. But I wasn't hurt (well, I'll probably have a bruise where the car made contact) and oddly not mad. I told him it was okay, no big deal and kept running. So that probably added a few seconds to that repeat.

Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, the second repeat was harder, and feel is difficult when you're breathing hard. So I kept an eye on the pace on my Garmin and tried to keep it even that way. I barely even slowed down when some lady coming out of Starbucks nearly hit me.

No, really. I swear I made eye contact and waved acknowledgement as I started crossing the driveway when she started rolling forward then made an "O!" sort of expression, threw up one hand to the side of her head and hit the brakes.

I run in the woods and on country roads with no shoulders... and I swear this route with the huge perfect sidewalks is the most dangerous place to run anywhere.

Anyway, back to the run (no more close calls, thank goodness). I decided to to my repeats differently and not time the rest interval. It was throwing off where my miles came and was quite distracting. So when I hit each mile I'd stop the Garmin and stand and walk around until I felt rested enough to start up again.

The third repeat has a bit of a climb, which had me feeling thoroughly gassed, but I eased back enough to push it in for the last half mile. That was a nice confidence builder.

All in all, an eventful run.

Walked first and last 5 minutes. No HR data.

Wow!  I'd love to see the HR data from that run...yours and the driver's.  I can't believe you were calm enough to just keep on running.  Glad to hear that you survived intact.

Those splits would have been confidence building even without the hills and the interruptions.  You're going to be more prepared for your event in July than you expected.

Stay safe!
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:26 am

nkrichards wrote:Wow!  I'd love to see the HR data from that run...yours and the driver's.  I can't believe you were calm enough to just keep on running.  Glad to hear that you survived intact.

Those splits would have been confidence building even without the hills and the interruptions.  You're going to be more prepared for your event in July than you expected.

Stay safe!

Yeah, it figures that the one time I actually get tagged by a car, I'm not wearing my HR monitor. Honestly, I don't think it went up much, if at all. I was pushing pretty hard anyway on the mile repeat, so my HR might have actually gone DOWN due to the stopping and talking to the guy for a few seconds.

Now, as for the driver's HR... let's just say he looked a bit like this: affraid

Thanks on the encouragement! I'm trying to do more than just long, slow work. I know there are climbs in my 50K, and at the very least, I need to get my system ready for a higher-level exertion those climbs will present rather than just blind-side myself.

The one thing I haven't been able to do this time that I did a lot last time was long runs of 20 miles or more. I did a bunch of them last time. This time? I haven't even hit that total yet. With luck, I will do it once at the six hour run, depending on how Alita does. We'll see what that translates to when I'm out there on July 10. It's going to be interesting.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:16 pm

You didn't have your Target shirt on, did you?

So you had the light, but not the crosswalk?  I guess because the left turning vehicles had the right of way?  Therefore, MISTER Bowder, you were ILLEGALLY wal...,no, RUNNING through a crosswalk without having the right of way?  ISN'T THAT TRUE MISTER BOWDER?!?  No WONDER you ran off because you had 5 outstanding warrants for urinating in public, urinating in a park, taking pictures without permission from the trees, running barefoot through an elementary school zone, and malfeasance.  

No further questions, your honor.  I'm THROUGH with this 'witness.'

Frustration
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:12 pm

ounce wrote:You didn't have your Target shirt on, did you?

So you had the light, but not the crosswalk?  I guess because the left turning vehicles had the right of way?  Therefore, MISTER Bowder, you were ILLEGALLY wal...,no, RUNNING through a crosswalk without having the right of way?  ISN'T THAT TRUE MISTER BOWDER?!?  No WONDER you ran off because you had 5 outstanding warrants for urinating in public, urinating in a park, taking pictures without permission from the trees, running barefoot through an elementary school zone, and malfeasance.  

Frustration

Nope.

Wasn't barefoot.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:23 pm

Mark B wrote:

Frustration

Nope.

Wasn't barefoot.
T'was a past offense, though.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:13 pm

ounce wrote:
Mark B wrote:

Frustration

Nope.

Wasn't barefoot.
T'was a past offense, though.

If you must know, there was a flashing yellow arrow, but the vehicles that could turn left were unable to do so because of a string of oncoming traffic. That's why I went. But I made the critical mistake of trusting a right turn driver to see me. I may have had the right of way in the eyes of the law (traffic must always yield to pedestrians no matter how idiotic they are), but I should know well enough that Newton's laws are the only ones that really matter in such a situation. What a Face

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:13 pm

Easy run with faster finish: 7.26 miles

Weather: Overcast, mild, a few sprinkles. 59° Gear: Testers, shorts, T. Fluid: Just water

Had a tough time getting the motivation to go out today. We had layoffs at work yesterday, and it's tough seeing good people lose their jobs through no fault of their own. Very sad. But I pushed myself out the door anyway, hoping it'd help me feel a little better --- or at least give me practice in keeping going even when spirits are low.

I discovered pretty quickly that my legs were also fatigued from my runs earlier this week, and without the ability to wear a HR strap yet, going by feel was difficult. So after a mile or so, I decided to just keep an eye on my pace and try to keep it steady between about 10:30 and 11:00. I did a pretty good job of it, and I noticed my legs wanting to go a little faster later in the run, so I let them. My last mile was my fastest.

Walked first and last 5 minutes or so. No HR data.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:44 am

You're getting a nice variety of runs mixed in there.  Different paces, distances and terrain.  Not sure how much is planned and how much is coincidence but it sounds like a good plan.

Nice job getting out there and getting it done when the motivation was low.  As you said it's good for the spirits and also good practice.

Enjoy the cooler weather.  It's Rose Festival...it always rains during Rose Festival!
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:50 am

nkrichards wrote:You're getting a nice variety of runs mixed in there.  Different paces, distances and terrain.  Not sure how much is planned and how much is coincidence but it sounds like a good plan.

Nice job getting out there and getting it done when the motivation was low.  As you said it's good for the spirits and also good practice.

Enjoy the cooler weather.  It's Rose Festival...it always rains during Rose Festival!

Yup! It does always rain during the Rose Festival. I wasn't sure last weekend, when it was so hot, but tradition held!

My different training approach is sort of planned, trying to make the best of the the situation, which includes helping Alita on her long runs and then dealing with my injuries and separate training needs for the 50K. I realized I wasn't going to get as much quantity in as I have in the past, so I'm hoping increasing quality will do the trick. We'll find out!

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:14 pm

Easy Run: 6.17 miles with Alita

Weather: Sunny, mild. 64-68° Gear: Testers, shorts, T, hat. Fuel: Water, S-Cap at about 1 hour in, tried Gu Chew (nasty)

Alita's last sorta-long run before the 6-hour event on Saturday. We practiced keeping an easy pace and taking regular walking periods. Alita was also testing out some new shoes, since her other shoes were too short and affecting her stride. These seem much better.

We tried to find dirt more than bike path as much as we could, and were fairly successful. Her knee didn't bother her and I was okay, though my ankle was complaining a bit. I won't be wearing these shoes on race day (I'll probably wear my trail shoes), so I'm not concerned about that.

Walked first and last 5 minutes. The divot on my chest is nearly healed, but I didn't want to risk an HR strap yet. Neutral

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:43 am

Mark B wrote:Easy Run: 6.17 miles with Alita

Weather: Sunny, mild. 64-68° Gear: Testers, shorts, T, hat. Fuel: Water, S-Cap at about 1 hour in, tried Gu Chew (nasty)

Alita's last sorta-long run before the 6-hour event on Saturday. We practiced keeping an easy pace and taking regular walking periods. Alita was also testing out some new shoes, since her other shoes were too short and affecting her stride. These seem much better.

We tried to find dirt more than bike path as much as we could, and were fairly successful. Her knee didn't bother her and I was okay, though my ankle was complaining a bit. I won't be wearing these shoes on race day (I'll probably wear my trail shoes), so I'm not concerned about that.

Walked first and last 5 minutes. The divot on my chest is nearly healed, but I didn't want to risk an HR strap yet. Neutral

Looks like Alita's last sorta-long run went pretty well.  Is she looking forward to the event?  Has her commitment to train for this event encouraged her to run/walk more afterwards?

Hope you're able to use your HR strap during the event.  Should be a nice long period of time on your feet with a low HR effort that should fit in nicely with your preparation for your event next month.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:56 am

nkrichards wrote: Looks like Alita's last sorta-long run went pretty well.  Is she looking forward to the event?  Has her commitment to train for this event encouraged her to run/walk more afterwards?

Hope you're able to use your HR strap during the event.  Should be a nice long period of time on your feet with a low HR effort that should fit in nicely with your preparation for your event next month.

Hi Nancy! Yes, Alita is looking forward to the event, though she says she's very undertrained for it. We're going to have to be careful to not push too hard in the first few hours and make the last few hours a sufferfest. That goes for both of us: I'm getting pretty sore after doing these longer runs with her due to the different pace and what it does to my form.

Oh, also: We don't want to beat ourselves up too much because we've agreed to come back early the next morning to help a high school friend of mine in his last few hours of his 24-hour attempt. Pretty sure it wouldn't be helpful to him if we're moaning and limping the whole time... Wink

I do think she wants to keep it up, though she says she'll need to find something else to train for. That's the sort of motivation that works for her.

I think the wound on my chest has finally closed up, so I should be able to wear it on Saturday. It's a brand new model, so I'm kind of interested to see how it performs.

Speaking of performance, I'm trying to figure out just how much to run this week. I could do a mini taper, but since this is going to be my longest week, I should probably bet some miles in. Hm...

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:02 pm

Low HR Run: 8.27 miles

Weather: Overcast, mild. 57-61° Gear: Testers, shorts, T. Fuel/fluid: Nada

I was a little sore after yesterday's run/walk session, but I decided to give it a try and see how my legs felt. I also decided to take a chance and try out the new heart rate strap. Better to test it now than on race day.

The run went far better than I'd expected. I did a pretty good job keeping close to my HR target, and my paces were noticeably faster. That was nice to see. My right ankle didn't like going down Llama Ridge so much, which wasn't great, but it didn't complain much on the flats or going uphill. I didn't have to walk the uphills to ease up the HR.

Building A Better Bumblebee - Page 2 Screen11

And here's the elevation profile. Llama Ridge gives some dandy terrain change.

Building A Better Bumblebee - Page 2 Screen10

My form felt pretty solid, and the HR strap didn't do any damage. Win-win!

Walked first/last 5 minutes or so. Average HR for entire run: 133.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:01 pm

Win-win runs are nice!  And yes, that route does give you some nice ups and downs.

It's predicted to cool down significantly here with rain in the forecast on Thursday and Friday.  I didn't check your weather but if we're cool/wet I would imagine you will be as well.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:47 am

Win-wins are good, though my legs were feeling it when I got up this morning. Mixing up the paces, gait and such has got my body a bit confused, and a little cranky. Ah well. It seems to be responding well otherwise.

We're looking at cooler and rainier weather this week with a chance of thunder today (not Ounce's thunder, mind you...) and showers all the way through Friday. But the weather is supposed to improve Saturday (race day). After a low of 44° Saturday morning, it's supposed to get up to about 72° under partly cloudy skies and a low chance of rain. That'll do!

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:57 am

You take collisions in much better stride (har!) than I do.  Then again, if stereotypes mean anything, Washingtonians/Oregonians who hit pedestrians are probably much cooler about it than Californians ("YOU should stop and wait for ME to go!"  Uh, that's not how right-of-way works).  Glad you're not damaged.  But for real, find a track.  Wink
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:03 pm

Mike MacLellan wrote:You take collisions in much better stride (har!) than I do.  Then again, if stereotypes mean anything, Washingtonians/Oregonians who hit pedestrians are probably much cooler about it than Californians ("YOU should stop and wait for ME to go!"  Uh, that's not how right-of-way works).  Glad you're not damaged.  But for real, find a track.  Wink

Oh, you'd be surprised about the road ragers up here. But I think I scared the driver so much he couldn't get past the shock until I'd hightailed it out of there.

I'll hit the track when school's out. Nothing like some 52-year-old guy huffing and puffing on the campus during school hours. What a Face

Last edited by Mark B on Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:03 pm

XT: Core and calves

Sets of 3, 12-10-8 of:
-Modified side-leg lifts.
-Double-leg bridge "marching" while keeping pelvis steady.
-Bridge with single-leg extensions.
-Supine leg lift, keeping TA engaged and pelvis aligned
-Prone leg lift, same as above
-Half-squat using theraband around knees.
-Side-step using theraband around knees.
-Ankle flexion using theraband.
-Double-leg heel raises.
-Single-leg heel raises.

Standing Psoas stretches. (5-6 x 10 seconds left side, a few less on right side)

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:11 pm

Forecast update:
Friday Night: A chance of showers before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44.
Saturday: A slight chance of showers after 11am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 72.
Saturday Night: A slight chance of showers before 11pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 46.

Not bad!

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:22 pm

Mark B wrote:Forecast update:
Friday Night: A chance of showers before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44.
Saturday: A slight chance of showers after 11am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 72.
Saturday Night: A slight chance of showers before 11pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 46.

Not bad!
That's mid-November for us, except for the rain part, which seems to be torrential, frog strangler, gully washer, or all of the above.  Never just a mist.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next