365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Term Limits?

+3
Mark B
nkrichards
Michele "1L" Keane
7 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Term Limits? - Page 3 Empty Re: Term Limits?

Post  nkrichards Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:34 pm

Yay 'Stros!
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:13 pm

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:Thank God it is hockey season.  No more baseball for me - Damn, F'in Yankees.
Hockey season?  Oh, yeah, I guess there's that.  Since the Rockets' sale was finalized, the new owner might be going after a hockey franchise.  The prior owner didn't want one. 

Game 7 tonight!
nkrichards wrote:Yay 'Stros!
+1 Approval

The town has really fallen for this year's team.  Not because of Harvey, but because the 'Stros are actually good.

We'll find out how good by the end of the evening.  Should be a long game with plenty of pitching changes on both teams.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:03 am

ounce wrote:
Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:Thank God it is hockey season.  No more baseball for me - Damn, F'in Yankees.
Hockey season?  Oh, yeah, I guess there's that.  Since the Rockets' sale was finalized, the new owner might be going after a hockey franchise.  The prior owner didn't want one. 

Game 7 tonight!
nkrichards wrote:Yay 'Stros!
+1 Approval

The town has really fallen for this year's team.  Not because of Harvey, but because the 'Stros are actually good.

We'll find out how good by the end of the evening.  Should be a long game with plenty of pitching changes on both teams.
There you go, Miche1e.  No more Yankees for this year.

And just think of all those storylines ESPN was ready to play about a sentimental re-match between the New York Yankees and the former Brooklyn Dodgers.  Durn the luck.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:57 pm

It was 53 degrees, this morning, with a dew point...well, in this town, when it's under 60 degrees, the dew point is not important because we're just so happy that it's under 60.

I managed to complete 14 miles today, with the last few miles b e i n g  d o n e   v  e  r  y    s   l   o   w   l   y.

But I had to complete it because I wanted to run 1 more mile than the half marathon race that is next Sunday (I won't run it), signifying training is half way complete (next week's half is the first race of the Marathon Warm Up Series before Houston).  Mental. 12 probably would've been better, but meh.

14 miles, 3:18:24, 14:10 avg pace, 158 avg cadence, 0.72 m avg stride length, 1st half pace 13:43, 2nd half pace 14:37.
1.  13:46, 163 spm, 72 sl
2.  13:32, 163 spm, 73 sl
3.  13:40, 163 spm, 72 sl
4.  13:49, 163 spm, 72 sl
5.  13:44, 162 spm, 72 sl
6.  13:40, 162 spm, 73 sl
7.  13:50, 158 spm, 74 sl
8.  13:48, 161 spm, 73 sl
9.  14:03, 158 spm, 73 sl
10. 14:12, 161 spm, 71 sl
11. 14:11, 161 spm, 70 sl
12. 14:53, 153 spm, 71 sl
13. 15:21, 148 spm, 71 sl
14. 15:55, 143 spm, 71 sl

The middle miles slowdown was probably because I didn't have any S!Caps with me.  Other than that, I think I wasn't adequately fueled.  It was something or a couple of somethings.  Maybe a few more somethings.

In any event, the weather is gorgeous and will be for the next week.  The weather folks are even threatening two more pushes of cold air...one Tuesday and one Friday night.  The Friday one is to bring Saturday's morning low to 42 degrees.

Wednesday, I'll be driving to San Antonio to meet up with Reina for a couple of days.  She's there now for work and we're planning on doing some hiking Thursday and Friday before she flies back on Saturday morning.  I'm looking forward to it.

The other GREAT thing is that I'll be able to sit at home, watching the first game of the World Series...just like the Yankees. Twisted Evil  

It'll be hot, dry, and 95 degrees for the first pitch in Los Angeles.

Thanks for stopping by.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:53 pm

I'm not a huge baseball fan but it's pretty easy to cheer for anyone other than the Yankees...even if we have/had a local boy on the team.  It was fun to watch and cheer for Jacoby when he played for the Red Sox...not so much anymore and he's injured more often than not anyway.  Kevin is a fan so he keeps us excited and watching. 

Nice run this morning!  Slow is not a bad thing when you're marathon training.  More slow miles are much more productive than fewer fast miles.

Enjoy your trip to San Antonio.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:38 pm

Thanks, Nancy.  Well, I've never been a fan of running slow because I run slow enough as it is, but I do agree that running too many fast miles is not it, either.

Separately, while looking for various "You're Grounded" images, I found one that was not appropriate for Nancy's blog, but I'm MORE than willing to put it on mine because it's hilarious.  I love a good joke.

Term Limits? - Page 3 Th?id=OIP.YCzHE3yK1ww5Qm5MvW_bdgDqEs&w=153&h=195&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:21 am

I don't watch baseball often but I'm glad I watched last night!

Go Astros.... cheers
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:22 pm

nkrichards wrote:I don't watch baseball often but I'm glad I watched last night!

Go Astros.... cheers
They're a fun bunch to watch.  I have no preconceived ideas that they'll win it all, but it's best for them to win all the home games, which will have the added benefit of winning the World Series.  Sunday night will be the last home game and game 5.

-30-

So, I'm back in Houston after a really fun few days with Reina.  We hiked at two parks near San Antonio 8 miles on Thursday and 10 on Friday.  She's an avid backpacker, doing multi-day hikes in the Sierras with some of her buds.  Next week, she's headed off to Peru for two weeks doing hikes in the Amazon River, another place, and a 4 day 3 night hike to Machu Pichu.  I was marketing our two hikes as part of her 'taper.'

The weather in and around SA was 83 degrees on Thursday and 60 degrees with a steady 20 mph N breeze.  Back in Houston, it's supposed to be in the high 30's, tonight.  In October. 

I do have a legitimate question for y'all.

What do y'all think of me running a trail marathon at the Brazos Bend 100 on the 2nd Saturday of December, 6 weeks from Houston? 

I would race it or nearly race it.  People typically heal quicker on trail over road marathons.  If things don't feel right, I can shut it down or jog to finish.

Thoughts?

I'd just like to get a good evaluation on how things are going.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:01 pm

ounce wrote:
nkrichards wrote:I don't watch baseball often but I'm glad I watched last night!

Go Astros.... cheers
They're a fun bunch to watch.  I have no preconceived ideas that they'll win it all, but it's best for them to win all the home games, which will have the added benefit of winning the World Series.  Sunday night will be the last home game and game 5.

-30-

So, I'm back in Houston after a really fun few days with Reina.  We hiked at two parks near San Antonio 8 miles on Thursday and 10 on Friday.  She's an avid backpacker, doing multi-day hikes in the Sierras with some of her buds.  Next week, she's headed off to Peru for two weeks doing hikes in the Amazon River, another place, and a 4 day 3 night hike to Machu Pichu.  I was marketing our two hikes as part of her 'taper.'

The weather in and around SA was 83 degrees on Thursday and 60 degrees with a steady 20 mph N breeze.  Back in Houston, it's supposed to be in the high 30's, tonight.  In October. 

What do y'all think of me running a trail marathon at the Brazos Bend 100 on the 2nd Saturday of December, 6 weeks from Houston? 

I would race it or nearly race it.  People typically heal quicker on trail over road marathons.  If things don't feel right, I can shut it down or jog to finish.

Thoughts?

Well the first eight innings of the game were fun to watch...

Reina sounds like a person I would love to meet!  Glad you enjoyed your visit and hiking with her.  Tell her to be prepared for rain!  We went in Nov/Dec and didn't hike to Machu Picchu partly because the couple we traveled with weren't into hiking but also because that's the wet season.  The Amazon is always wet and we got drenched.  We flew into Puerto Maldonado and then took a motorized canoe up the Amazon (day and a half journey) to a research station/lodge.  The wildlife we saw on our day hikes was just amazing.  I hope Reina will have an opportunity to visit a clay lick where the Macaws and parrots gather.  That is one of my favorite memories.

In answer to your question about racing a trail marathon 6 weeks before Houston.  If you ran it as a true training run it might be OK but that's a pretty long training run.  If it were me I'd have a tough time keeping it at a reasonable training race...you know about my relationship with Fast Freddy!  And I know I wouldn't be able to stop early even if my body was telling me I should.  I'm not sure 6 weeks is enough time for you or I to recover from a marathon...even a trail marathon.  Maybe a younger athlete who was putting in 70-100 miles a week and running marathons well under 3:30 could recover that quickly but I don't think I could.

Are there any options to do something a bit shorter?

I don't want to put a damper on your enthusiasm but you did ask...and I know Houston is important.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:47 pm

Glad that you and Reina had  fun weekend.  Pulling for those Astros to close this out! After all the evil puppy's name is Dodger.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:29 pm

nkrichards wrote:
ounce wrote:

Go Astros.... cheers

-30-

Thoughts?

Well the first eight innings of the game were fun to watch...

Reina sounds like a person I would love to meet!  Glad you enjoyed your visit and hiking with her.  Tell her to be prepared for rain!  We went in Nov/Dec and didn't hike to Machu Picchu partly because the couple we traveled with weren't into hiking but also because that's the wet season.  The Amazon is always wet and we got drenched.  We flew into Puerto Maldonado and then took a motorized canoe up the Amazon (day and a half journey) to a research station/lodge.  The wildlife we saw on our day hikes was just amazing.  I hope Reina will have an opportunity to visit a clay lick where the Macaws and parrots gather.  That is one of my favorite memories.

In answer to your question about racing a trail marathon 6 weeks before Houston.  If you ran it as a true training run it might be OK but that's a pretty long training run.  If it were me I'd have a tough time keeping it at a reasonable training race...you know about my relationship with Fast Freddy!  And I know I wouldn't be able to stop early even if my body was telling me I should.  I'm not sure 6 weeks is enough time for you or I to recover from a marathon...even a trail marathon.  Maybe a younger athlete who was putting in 70-100 miles a week and running marathons well under 3:30 could recover that quickly but I don't think I could.

Are there any options to do something a bit shorter?

I don't want to put a damper on your enthusiasm but you did ask...and I know Houston is important.
She tells me that she'll be carrying a daypack for all of the hikes they do, with porters taking tents, beds, etc to designated spots.  They'll be spending a night (or maybe a couple) in the Amazon with an indigenous family.

As far as the trail marathon, a road 30K is the next day and I would run that at race pace or near race pace, but I'm not running that race, this year.  I have in the past.

So, I kinda figured that if I can run 30K at race pace, then maybe I could maybe go 20-22 and walk the rest...maybe a full?  I certainly don't want to hurt myself and my self-preservation gene kicks in pretty easily because I have a Fats Freddy, not a Fast Freddy. Laughing

Thank you, ma'am and thanks for the weather probabilities.
Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:Glad that you and Reina had  fun weekend.  Pulling for those Astros to close this out! After all the evil puppy's name is Dodger.
Yes, ma'am, thanks.  Whew, leave it to the 'Stros bullpen to make a game interesting.  Can't just get 3 outs.  Verlander pitches game 6 and the whole pitching staff on game 7.  Yeah, I'm not confident we'll win game 6, but not because of Verlander.  No WONDER you're having that much trouble with that pup.

-30-

I had a really nice run, this morning, when it was 45 degrees!  It was 36 on Sunday morning.  It's supposed to be 87 on Friday.  Guess there's nothing coming from the Arctic, this week.

The run was so nice that only 1 split of the 8 miles was over 12:55 (13:04).  1st half split was 12:53 and 2nd half split was 12:45.  Yup!  A negative split!  Can it be true?  I'll post the splits, when it's uploaded.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:38 pm

Nice run!  Don't you love it when things come together like that.

Watched the game again last night.  I would consider becoming a baseball fan if all the games were that exciting!  Hope they can pull this off!
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:25 pm

nkrichards wrote:Nice run!  Don't you love it when things come together like that.

Watched the game again last night.  I would consider becoming a baseball fan if all the games were that exciting!  Hope they can pull this off!
Thanks, Nancy, and YES on coming together.

We'll just have to see about the game, tonight.  This morning, the Astros 'sold out' with 40,000 free vouchers for people to watch the game in Minute Maid Park.  They've issued the vouchers online for each of the away games during the playoffs.

Go 'Stros!
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:39 am

ounce wrote:
nkrichards wrote:Nice run!  Don't you love it when things come together like that.

We'll just have to see about the game, tonight.  This morning, the Astros 'sold out' with 40,000 free vouchers for people to watch the game in Minute Maid Park.  They've issued the vouchers online for each of the away games during the playoffs.

Go 'Stros!

Disappointing game last night.  I thought the Astros had a good shot at it with Verlander on the mound.  Hoping for a better outcome tonight!
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:07 pm

nkrichards wrote:
ounce wrote:

Go 'Stros!

Disappointing game last night.  I thought the Astros had a good shot at it with Verlander on the mound.  Hoping for a better outcome tonight!
Yup, but Fox and MLB sure do love a Game 7.  

The last time this town completely embraced a sports team, like this year's Astros was back in the late '70s during the "Luv Ya Blue" days of Bum Phillips and Earl Campbell of the Houston Oilers.  After the Oilers lost the AFC championship game to Terry Bradshaw's Steelers, the freshly arrived Oilers were bussed into a waiting Astrodome full of fans in all the seats.  About 50,000.  Like those Oilers, this Astros team can do no wrong, win or lose.

-30-

So, I'd like to post the splits to two 8 mile runs on successive Mondays, Oct 30 and Nov 6.  Same route, same target cadence, but 27 degrees different in temperature.

Oct 30--  45 degrees
8 miles, 1:42:37, 12:49 pace, 162 avg cadence, 0.77 m avg stride length
1.  12:54, 162 spm, 77 sl
2.  12:58, 163 spm, 76 sl
3.  12:55, 162 spm, 77 sl
4.  13:05, 162 spm, 76 sl
5.  12:37, 162 spm, 79 sl
6.  12:58, 162 spm, 76 sl
7.  12:44, 163 spm, 78 sl
8.  12:23, 162 spm, 80 sl

Nov 6-- 72 degrees
8 miles, 1:50:05, 13:45 pace, 158 avg cadence, 0.74 m avg stride length
1.  13:25, 163 spm, 74 sl
2.  13:00, 163 spm, 76 sl
3.  13:12, 161 spm, 76 sl
4.  13:32, 163 spm, 73 sl
5.  13:39, 160 spm, 74 sl
6.  14:11, 152 spm, 75 sl
7.  14:29, 149 spm, 75 sl
8.  14:35, 150 spm, 73 sl

The run on Monday, November 6, was slow, but it was great from the point of view of doing more than 2 miles under 70+ temps.  I just had to run it because there's no telling if we're actually done with the 70 degree mornings.  So, it was a mental victory.  A big mental victory, even though I didn't like the time.

As I write this, a cold front that will saunter through before midnight which will drop high temperatures by 25 degrees, tomorrow and no 80+ degree temps for the next 7 days.

This Saturday, I'd like to run 16 or 18 miles.  I'd also like to run them pretty consistently.

Thanks for your time.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:24 pm

The cold front came through before midnight.  The high today has been 63 and it's presently 56.  Niice and Cool .

Today was 'speed' workout.  I'm not quite sure of the benefit of the 440 over an 880, but I'm willing to give it a whirl.

I drove up to Memorial Park because they have measured 1/4 mile markers in the almost 3 mile loop.  Warmed up with a 1/3rd mile.  The plan was to run 1/4, then walk 1/4.  Rinse repeat for the 3 miles.

BANG!  I'm off.  Mark said to run as if I was getting chased.  I was doing fine up to the last 50 yards and the heart/lung was just not a happy camper Sweaty but the time was 2:10.   Sweaty 

I just Sweaty hadn't ran Sweaty somethinglikethat Sweaty in a Sweaty long Sweaty time.
So, I enjoyed the 1/4 mile walk.  Very much.  I still was thinking that I could do the whole 3.

The 2nd 440 was much the same at 2:21.  The 3rd 440 was when the heart/lung was Flame and if I didn't stop this, then Frustration would happen while I'm alive, then Dead , not the other way around.  I whoa'd up.  Of course, I'm not conditioned to this.  Of course, I could work up to it while not dying in the process.

So, I re-grouped and ran 1/2 mile at 6:05, walk 1/4, then ran a 1/2 at 6:17, then walked to the car.

There were not any niggles during the runs, so mechanically, it went well.  But give me some thoughts on why running quarters helps me more than halves?  And how many quarters do I need to run by mid-January's race in a session, please?
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:48 pm

You may have started a bit fast Doug.  Try and find a pace that you can maintain and do the last one as fast as the first one.  Quarters are not better than halves...they are safer.  To much fast stuff will increase your chance of injury if you don't work up to it gradually. 

If you're going to follow Mark's advice and run like you are being chased you may want to change your visual a bit.  Don't run like you're being chased my a zombie.  Run like you are being chase by a pretty girl...fast enough to make a good impression but not so fast that she can't catch you.

Enjoy the cooler weather.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:00 am

nkrichards wrote:You may have started a bit fast Doug.  Try and find a pace that you can maintain and do the last one as fast as the first one.  Quarters are not better than halves...they are safer.  To much fast stuff will increase your chance of injury if you don't work up to it gradually. 

If you're going to follow Mark's advice and run like you are being chased you may want to change your visual a bit.  Don't run like you're being chased my a zombie.  Run like you are being chase by a pretty girl...fast enough to make a good impression but not so fast that she can't catch you.

Enjoy the cooler weather.
I'll need a more realistic visual, but I think I get your drift.  Thanks.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:02 pm

Shooting for 18 miles in the morning.  I've pre-positioned a couple of Vespas at miles 9 and 15.  Forecast low is 52, but we have an overcast sky which I think will keep the temp from dropping that low with the clouds acting as a blanket.

Nighty night Sleep
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:21 pm

18 completed.  The last two miles required determination and....wait for it....slowing down (slowing down has never been a problem).

Through twelve miles the pace was 13:31.  The final pace was 13:39.  The last three miles were in the 14's.  I was hoping to avoid 14's, but such is life. 

Overall, I was pleased with the ability to be consistent through mile 15, even though it needs to be faster if I have any hope of finishing in 6 hours.

The starting temperature was 59 degrees and it felt nice.  I used about 8 S!Caps and two Vespas.  The S!Caps benefit is giving me clarity, when it's needed.  I'm getting better at anticipating when I need them.  However, I took one during each of the last 6 miles.  The Vespas were consumed at miles 9 and 15.

No niggles to report.  I couldn't do this a year ago.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:42 pm

ounce wrote:18 completed.  The last two miles required determination 

cheers
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:32 am

nkrichards wrote:
ounce wrote:18 completed.  The last two miles required determination 

cheers
Thanks much, future snow frolicker.

-30-

It's the morning after the 18 mile run.  I slept 9-1/2 hours.  The body was working pretty durn well, just walking around this morning. My right knee was a little whiny, which has become the norm within the 24 hours following any run, but with no swelling or any external sign of a problem.

Cadence was set at 163.

18 miles 4:05:38, 13:39 pace, 160 avg cadence, 0.74 m avg stride length
1.  13:44, 161 spm, 73 sl
2.  13:37, 163 spm, 73 sl
3.  13:32, 163 spm, 73 sl
4.  13:20, 161 spm, 75 sl
5.  13:34, 162 spm, 73 sl
6.  13:37, 161 spm, 73 sl
7.  13:44, 163 spm, 72 sl
8.  13:39, 162 spm, 73 sl
9.  13:26, 163 spm, 74 sl
10. 13:17, 162 spm, 75 sl
11. 13:24, 157 spm, 76 sl
12. 13:21, 161 spm, 75 sl
13. 13:28, 157 spm, 76 sl
14. 13:37, 162 spm, 73 sl
15. 13:42, 162 spm, 72 sl
16. 13:43, 161 spm, 73 sl
17. 14:12, 154 spm, 74 sl
18. 14:38, 154 spm, 71 sl

I now notice that I only had 2 +14's, but my 13:32 avg pace to mile 14 started inching up at mile 15.  At mile 17, it was at 13:35 and my hope of keeping the avg pace under 13:35 was toast.

Next long run will be the Wednesday before Thanksgiving or maybe the Monday before.

Thanks for checking in.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:04 pm

This morning, first run of the week, I ran 8 miles.  It was about 61 degrees, about 100% humidity (although it didn't seem like it), and calm winds.  I'm at the point now that if I start getting off cadence in the first mile, it's not justification for shutting down a run.  I just slap the fanny with the reins and get back to task.  I'm also at the point where the intensity of the pace grows, when the distance isn't long (defined at 50% of the last long run, for now).

In other words, "I don't feel like it." ain't a reason.  That reason was kicked to the curb at mile 3, today.

I'll post the splits later, but in summary it was a 13:04 pace, 1st half pace was 13:17 and the 2nd half pace was 12:51.  The last mile was either 12:25 or 12:32, can't remember which.

On Friday, I'm thinking about going out to Brazos Bend and running 13 over the marathon course out there.  It's a 2 loop course for the marathon.  The BB100 has a whole lot of people coming in for the race because it's so flat there.  Lots of the names in 100 miles and 50 miles.  It's said it's close to a sellout at 1,000 people total for all 4 races (100M, 100M relay, 50M, 26.2, and 13.1).  Even some legend old timer is coming in. 

Thanks for stopping by.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:26 pm

So, here are the splits for today's run.  Cadence was set at 163.

8 miles, 1:44:32, 13:04 avg pace, 162 avg spm, 0.76 m avg stride length, 1st half pace 13:17, 2nd half pace 12:51
1.  13:11, 163 spm, 75 sl
2.  13:03, 163 spm, 76 sl
3.  13:08, 162 spm, 76 sl
4.  13:34, 163 spm, 73 sl
5.  12:53, 162 spm, 77 sl
6.  13:08, 162 spm, 76 sl
7.  13:09, 162 spm, 76 sl
8.  12:25, 163 spm, 80 sl

Seems like for the first 3 miles, the breathing seems to be more labored than the last 5, when it gets into a groove.  In any event, pushing myself on this sorta long run was good for the individual.  No niggles during the run and minor right, lateral knee whining, afterwards.

Two other things, I'm getting better at striking mid-foot for a longer period and I am not wobbling at all, even on last Saturday's 18.

As a reminder, I generally will run long runs at marathon pace or close to it because I found that my body will be comfortable with the pace of the long runs in training, during the race.

We have a jet stream inspired cold front arriving Sunday morning that will bring 40's for Monday morning lows and 50's for Wednesday morning lows, subject to change.  Maybe we'll finally get out of the 80's for highs, when cold air isn't around.

Thanks.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:56 am

Looking good - especially that last mile being the fastest of them all. That'll help you.

I hope your lung-ripping, heart-searing experience with speedwork doesn't put you off on it. (I like Nancy's imagery!) I've heard of people working into it by going to a track and racing the straights and walking the curves. So that's about 100 yards on, 100 yards off. Nothing wrong with that, especially if that's what you need. Longer repeats can come when your body is ready.

Oh and good job on those 2:10 quarters. That's way faster than your normal training pace. Well done! Approval

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next