365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felt a Hundred Different Demons

+37
Lauren
healdgator
Diego
T Miller
Glenn
Michael Enright
Dave P
Mrs. Schuey
fostever
jon c
JohnP
Michele "1L" Keane
Nick Morris
Joel H
Seth Harrison
ChasMcG
KBFitz
Penelope
mul21
John Kilpatrick
Jeff F
Matt W
Kenny B.
Dave-O
Jerry
jdholland
Julie
Jim Lentz
Natalie
Chris M
Peg Coover
Alex Kubacki
Mark B
Bob
GregC
Mike MacLellan
Schuey
41 posters

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

Felt a Hundred Different Demons   - Page 16 Empty Re: Felt a Hundred Different Demons

Post  Jerry Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:19 pm

Julie wrote:
Jerry wrote:I think(to to defend Jerry) that coming from someone slower than Schuey Jerry's statement is comical, not nonsensical. When Jerry comments the same to Kenny, well, it is still comical.

Btw, I saw in Garmin Connect Jerry had done 20 miles in similar pace on Sunday. lol!

OK I took it the wrong way, of course, and thought it was kind of snotty, but as long as you're deferring to Schuey's ability to run faster and farther than you, I can accept that.

I have yet to run a marathon at 9:19 pace, and when I run my 50 miler I have no idea how my pace will be but it will certainly be slower than 10:00.

Julie should never take Jerry's statement seriously. lol!

Or Jerry will have to buy some insurance for his words going forward.
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Felt a Hundred Different Demons   - Page 16 Empty Re: Felt a Hundred Different Demons

Post  Mrs. Schuey Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:36 pm

Schuey wrote:Alright now that we got all that all the way, let's now all have a happy and wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Yes I think that we all can say that we are all Thankful to have are agreements and disagreements about life, running and whatever else that we want to talk about on this site. I have to also admit that I'm flattered by the friendships I have with all of you.

Julie I can understand were you were coming from and that yes at times people can take what others says the wrong way. So thank you for all your Midwest support and love.

Jerry Jerry Jerry, you know that I would not be mad at your comments, I have been around you long enough to take a step back and say "what is Jerry, trying to say?" Sure I was a little thrown back do to the fact that it was a long way to run and I had to run through a Fing mountain for 15.5 miles and then on flat dirt trail for another 27 miles and then after that hit the rolling roads for another 8 miles, which I should add the the rolling hills really were rolling uphills with almost no downhills.

Also Jerry it's ok, you will not stop learning from me, just like I won't stop learning from you about marathon running or shorter distances. I am not done running marathons and I'm not done trying to run them fast. Don't forget my next big goal race is BOSTON and yes that race is 26.2 miles and yes I will be trying to run it as fast as I can.

I will save it for another post or most likely my new blog, because I feel that it should be time for a new blog more about why I want and why I will continue to run the Ultra distance not only 50 miles but also 100 mile races. I know it is hard for some to understand why one would want to put themselves through such things but I will try to give a little light on it again later.

Again I just want to thank everyone here for their support, it really does hit home and really does help lifts ones' sprits and helps me try to be the best that I can be. In the future and starting with my new blog I will not be as distant as I have become over the last couple of months. I really fought with do I want to air my problems online??

Over the weekend Kevin and I had such a wonderful heart to heart talk during are 11 mile stretch of running( mile 27 to mile 38), which will be one of the biggest highlights if not the biggest highlight of the day for me. I don't want to go much into the day due to the fact that I want to save as much as possible for my report on my first attempt at running 50 miles. I will add that for you that have continued to read this long post by me and to the people that know me well from the boards life has not been ALL THAT EASY FOR US over the last couple of months. There has been some good things going on that have add stress but there has also been a lot of life changing events that took place that have not only hit Lisa and I hard but my family also. These things being gaining a job, working nights, schedule adjustments, injuries, losing a job and then top the cake an Uncle dying suddenly did not allow much time on the boards or time to train. So one could say that yes "Schuey The Bull" was very scared and frighten to run a 50 mile race.

I don't think that I will go into all the details of what happened because frankly it is all in the past and well being strong people we weathered through the storm and Saturday was the closer of that chapter in our lives and it turned out to be a happy ending to it. This is why the gift of life and sport is so wonderful because if one opens themselves up to it there are so many valuable listens and insights one can learn.

Look into any eyes
you find by you, you can see
clear through to another day
I know it's been seen before
through other eyes on other days
while going home-
What do you want me to do,
to do for you to see you through?
It's all a dream we dreamed
one afternoon long ago

That was a really great post, baby and I am looking forward to you posting your race report. It was a truly spiritual weekend and we were blessed to have it. I love you!
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:50 pm

Great thoughts Schuey. Given what you guys have been going through these last months, I have a feeling that training for and running this ultra was therapeutic, if not cathartic for you. I look forward to your report.
And of course you totally nailed it by quoting "Box of Rain." Smile
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave P Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:06 pm

Congrats Martin - looking forward to the report.
Dave P
Dave P
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:57 pm

Martin, phenominal job as always. You continue to be a huge inspiration. I look forward to Bayshore.

Lisa, awesome avatar. Been a fan since I was a kid and can't wait for Saturday's game.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:15 pm

Happy Thanksgiving Schuey and Lisa.

Schuey, I expect a very cool graph from your elevated experience in the mountains and hills.

BTW, how do you change pace/ km and elevation charts in km to pace per mile in the Garmin Connect report? I don't have any icons to click. Do I change it in my Garmin 305? My big hills look like molehills.
Diego
Diego
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:24 pm

Diego wrote:Happy Thanksgiving Schuey and Lisa.

Schuey, I expect a very cool graph from your elevated experience in the mountains and hills.

BTW, how do you change pace/ km and elevation charts in km to pace per mile in the Garmin Connect report? I don't have any icons to click. Do I change it in my Garmin 305? My big hills look like molehills.

You change it in setting on the right top.
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:22 pm

Congratulations on your first 50!!! It awesome to have Lisa posting your progress on FB...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:28 am

Jerry wrote:

Gratzi.
Diego
Diego
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:44 pm

Diego wrote:
Jerry wrote:

Gratzi.

Grazie*

Wink

Type up that report already, Schuey!
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt W Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:09 pm

STUD. Smile

Looking forward to reading your report. I think that even Jerry is as well. Smile You always do a good job of capturing the emotion of an event, and I'm sure that a 50M race is emotional, especially with all you have had going on.

I hope you and Lisa and the rest of your family have a blessed Thanksgiving.
Matt W
Matt W
Poster
Poster

http://www.redrockrunningcompany.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  KBFitz Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:37 pm

Oh My ... what is all this hullabaloo! Schuey, you put in one helluva performance on Saturday in a challenging race that runs over three distinct terrains and surface types. Before you post a race report and for the benefit of others, I post a JFK50 elevation profile below. You were once again Da Bull on Saturday in Washington County Maryland. It was my honor to share a few miles of the C&O canal towpath with you. Don't rush the report. May you and Lisa enjoy your Thanksgiving. Cheers!
Felt a Hundred Different Demons   - Page 16 Jfk50-10
KBFitz
KBFitz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:25 pm

Vegas set the over/under for word count at 5,000. I'm taking the over, and I'll read every one. Looking forward to it.

Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris M Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:26 am

Dave-O wrote:Vegas set the over/under for word count at 5,000. I'm taking the over, and I'll read every one. Looking forward to it.

Longest. Wait. Ever. Schuey is turning his race report into the great American novel!
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Z Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:08 pm

Schuey - where are you?
Ben Z
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:11 pm

Miss you man!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:13 pm

Ben Z wrote:Schuey - where are you?

Ben, I'm here just been busy and a lot of things going on. Trust me there will be some updates real soon and hopefully a new blog. As for training just been doing a lot base stuff with some fartlek and Steady State runs. As for mileage I have no clue on how many miles I'm running each week. Every run I have been doing is been for time and I don't even track pace. The only time I'm tracking any type of pace is when I do my Steady State runs on the treadmill at the moment.

I have been flirting with the idea of trying this for my whole Boston Training cycle this year.

Thanks for ask Ben and I look forward to sharing not only my training but other great things that are going on.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:15 pm

John Kilpatrick wrote:Miss you man!

I'm hear!! Trust me guys a lot of great things to come in the near future. Again as for running I'm just trucking along and trying to get use to everything going on and working this Asian shift.

Man oh man you I can't wait to fill everyone in on everything. Smile
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:32 pm

Schuey wrote:

Tease.
Bob
Bob
Lord Bobby
Lord Bobby

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:52 pm

Bob wrote:
Schuey wrote:

Tease.

HaHa Bob, always causing trouble. Must be nice to know. affraid
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Z Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:19 am

Did I miss your JFK report? I couldn't find it on here.
Ben Z
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:57 pm

Ben Z wrote:Did I miss your JFK report? I couldn't find it on here.

No you didn't mess the race report. I was going to write one but since Jerry wasn't impressed with me running a 50 miler I decided that no one else would care either. affraid Plus I figured I won't put you all a Sleep with one of my long boring race reports.

But I will tell you this Ben it was one hell of run and one of my most memorial running events I have ever taken part of. The day was just awesome being out in nature, having my wife there and have 12 long miles to share with Kevin. There was nothing left to do but smile smile smile when the day had come to a end. I look forward to my next 50 miler in August and then JFK again in Nov.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:10 pm

First of all, Jerry is a moron. That said, you cannot use his opinion to decide whether to write a report when it's clear the rest of us want to read one. So....start writing!
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:29 pm

JohnP wrote:First of all, Jerry is a moron. That said, you cannot use his opinion to decide whether to write a report when it's clear the rest of us want to read one. So....start writing!

Or get the Mrs. to write it.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:28 pm

Schuey wrote:I decided that no one else would care either. affraid Plus I figured I won't put you all a Sleep with one of my long boring race reports.

That is not even close to being true - I'd love to read your report. :sleep:is pretty much my life - you just ran a 50 mile race for God's sake!!!!!!!! I don't think I'm alone - we'd love to hear about it if you can find the time to write it!!!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next