365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely

Post  Kenny B. on Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:20 am

Quality:
Attentiveness: My intention today is to listen to my body. (perfect timing b/c of back)

Quotation:
"Become proficient at listening to your body and you will eventually hear from your totality, the complex, unique person that you are" - G. Sheehan.

Meditation:
6:30am - Schedule called for 10 miles @LSD with 4x400 @ 5k effort hill repeats @ 6% incline on Treadmill.

This normally is no issues for me but took heed to today's intention for the main reason I felt the hill repeats would possibly put my back in worse shape, and also as I meditating on the quality of Attentiveness I decided I am going to get rid of all hill repeats of this fashion for this marathon cycle and do longer hill at a bit slower pace. I do VO2mx workout at track towards the middle end of the schedule no need to tax my body now on 4-8x400's hill repeats when I feel I really need to be stronger running up longer hills.

So this was the results

4 @ 8:27
1 @ 8:27 w/ 2% incline
2 @ 8:27
1 @ 8:27 w/ 3% incline
2 @ 8:20 (wanted to clean out the pipes a bit as my HR was still very low)

My HR avg was only 146 for this run pace was 8:25 total so I was very happy to see a very low HR and the 2% and 3% incline only got my HR up to around 160 and 164 respectively.

Looking at a run on TM not long ago same pace (NO HILLS) for 10 miles my HR was 151. This is big drop considering the hills etc.

I will continue with this type of hill work out and add 1-2 more miles of hills as I progress going from 2,3,4,5% for a mile. So peaking maybe at 5%. I think this will better prepare me for Hartford and Philly.

Affirmation:
I am listening to myself and others with the ears of my heart

Results:
Through today's intention I was able to be flexible with my run today changing it according to how my body felt and the outcome was coming up with a total change in schedule that I feel will benefit both in the short and long run.

Also through the affirmation repeating every 20 or so second on my run I was able to perceive what someone said to me last night in a different light. See the positive loving side of his comments not my made up negative side.

My back was a non-issue when running stride felt good and no hip issues (which I felt yesterday from back being out). We will see how it feels after sitting. Have to make a point to get up a lot and walk around. Headed to chiro later again.

Upcoming:
Tomorrow is an easy 5 miles with the Quality focused on Expansion.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie on Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:53 am

Nice hill workout! And nice job listening to your body.
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie on Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:58 am

I like it!
Natalie
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:58 am

Glad to see that your back held up. Just take it easy and make sure you are fixed, Kenny.
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki on Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:08 am

Smart runners listen to their body and you have done so. Great job and nice run.
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. on Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:45 am

Quality:
Expansion: Intention today is to expand my mind, body and soul to increase the love in the world.

Quotation:
"Every day gives you an opportunity to improve. With every run, you can try to be better. Not just a better runner, but a better person." - John Bigham

Meditation:
7:00am - 71 w/75% humidity actually not bad for a recovery run. Running on perceived effort my pace felt quite slow (10:02 pace) at the start and legs were a bit heavy coming off yesterday's harder run. I was chanting my affirmation today and around 3rd mile I started to feel really good on the run and felt like stretching the run to 6 miles instead of the prescribed 5 (my prescription) since I was just enjoying myself listening to the birds and connecting with the divine source inside me. HR was lowest ever at 129 a bit out of my zone but my pace was also very slow on avg. Last time I ran this slow my HR was 132 for 5 miles in 2010. Should be set up nicely for tomorrows 16 LSD Progression.

Affirmation:
I am stretching into the very best of who I am.

Results:
What I came away with on today's run was a pull to go 6 miles as I felt very good out there. Granted my pace was super slow which I thank my body as it knows exactly where I should be but it was so pleasant running that to pack in at 5 seemed to go against the grain today.

Around mile 4ish today's intention through the affirmation I was brought to a feeling of over joy to spend time today cleaning out my garage (not that there is much in there besides 2 cars) but organization seemed to be in order and I know my wife would like some things cleaned up. So I felt quite energized to give back and spread some love through that. Funny when that message came through me and I accepted it birds started singing.

Upcoming:
Tomorrow is a tough run I bump up the mileage to 16 with the last 5 @ MP. I probably will hit the trails early. Tomorrows Quality is Acceptance (boy we can all use more of that).
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan on Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:28 pm

Looks like some good runs lately, Kenny. Rest up for tomorrow - those last 5 @ pace are gonna be fun! Smile
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie on Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:35 pm

Have a good run tomorrow! I hope the weather is OK for you.
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie on Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:56 pm

@Kenny B. wrote:
Affirmation:

Does this mean you're incorporating more yoga? Wink
Natalie
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. on Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:47 am

Natalie Wolf wrote:
@Kenny B. wrote:
Affirmation:

Does this mean you're incorporating more yoga? Wink

No it means I am stretching beyond who I am to who I choose to be. I want to do yoga again but have yet to make that commitment.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. on Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:40 am

Quality:
Self-Care. Today's intention is to take care of myself before I am forced to.

Quotation:
"Relaxation is not only a right, it's a responsibility." - Brugh Joy

Meditation:
6:00am: 61 miles completed this week. Today, trail running 16.25 miles w/ last 5.25 @ MP of 7:36. I knew from the start today was going to be a wonderful run. Weather 66 not too humid to 73. First 11 miles went very well avg HR 157 which is a good sign pace 8:33 avg. Stride was smooth and everything was clicking nicely. Then I honed on on 7:36 splits for the next 5.25 Hr 173 avg leveling off at 174 (anything over 177 becomes LT land). Overall 8:14 pace HR lower then last pace run by quite a bit.

I used today's affirmation to send healing energy to my body especially the area of my back (which thankfully was a non-issue today). During the last 5.25 I let go of the affirmation using it sparingly up some hills and the rest let my mind wander falling into a nice groove.

Affirmation:
I am basking in the glow of my own tender loving care.

Results:
Great run today nailing it. Goal is always to keep my HR avg below 160 on the LSd portion setting myself up nicely for the pace run portion. I enjoyed the solitary run in the trails today especially the first 5 miles being the only one there. I have yet to receive any communication from the divine source or I should shall I have to hear or see them. Which means I have to be more aware today and maybe that is today's communication. Be more aware!

Upcoming:
Tomorrow nice easy run of 5 miles.

Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 on Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:46 am

Looks good Kenny. 3:20 should be no problem if you're hitting MP that well this early in the cycle!
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. on Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:50 am

@mul21 wrote:Looks good Kenny. 3:20 should be no problem if you're hitting MP that well this early in the cycle!

Thanks! I can't say I can hold it for 26.2 miles at this point but as I progress I think 7:40 for Hartford would be a good goal and then based on that move it down to 7:35 for philly. This can all change as I get closer and most likely will.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:59 am

Good work today Kenny! Those are some great splits. Like Jim stated, you are well on your way to a 3:20. New Jersey must be the only place in the country that does not have hi humidity right now Smile

BTW...CentraState Healthcare is a client of mine...I've been out your way a few times...
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. on Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:00 am

@Nick Morris wrote:Good work today Kenny! Those are some great splits. Like Jim stated, you are well on your way to a 3:20. New Jersey must be the only place in the country that does not have hi humidity right now Smile

BTW...CentraState Healthcare is a client of mine...I've been out your way a few times...

I workout there nice fitness center. Also had my kids there and some surgeries etc.

Humidity is not here yet but it does come back with a vengeance this coming week.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephanie on Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:16 pm

@Kenny B. wrote:Affirmation:
Oh Kenny, keep 'em coming. Your blog is an inspiration in life & in running!! I'm looking forward to reading more!!
Stephanie
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. on Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:00 pm

Stephanie O wrote:
@Kenny B. wrote:Affirmation:
Oh Kenny, keep 'em coming. Your blog is an inspiration in life & in running!! I'm looking forward to reading more!!

Thanks so much! The intention is to continue!
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom H on Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:11 pm

Kenny, continuing to look strong. I love the place you are in running right now; it seems like everything is clicking over nicely and good things are in store!
Tom H
Regular
Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP on Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:00 pm

Kenny, your paces are so fast and HR so low, I also feel 3:20 is a very manageable goal for you. With all those miles and the back not getting worse, I hope you've turned the corner on it and it will only get better.
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie on Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:08 pm

Great long run today! I am jealous of the weather.
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:36 am

Looks like you nailed that run Kenny. Great job. Looking strong.
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. on Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:08 am

@Tom H wrote:Kenny, continuing to look strong. I love the place you are in running right now; it seems like everything is clicking over nicely and good things are in store!

I have 13 more weeks let us see what it brings.

@JohnP wrote:Kenny, your paces are so fast and HR so low, I also feel 3:20 is a very manageable goal for you. With all those miles and the back not getting worse, I hope you've turned the corner on it and it will only get better.

Back is much better still no 100% but no longer a bother on runs even at start. Slightly stiff once in a while when getting up from sitting. I think it is moving passed.

@Julie wrote:Great long run today! I am jealous of the weather.

Unfortunately, this week bring back the great runs in oatmeal.

@Alex Kubacki wrote:Looks like you nailed that run Kenny. Great job. Looking strong.

Thanks! I feel I did based on how I felt, HR, and stride.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. on Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:25 am

Quality:
Love Self-Discipline. Today's intention was about taking baby steps and knowing it is better to succeed in the small stuff then to fail trying to do the large stuff.

Quotation:
"Even snails can consume continents." - James Shapiro

Meditation:
6:00am - 73/77% humidity which I felt a bit but no worries on a recovery run. My legs were quite heavy and tight coming off yesterday's LSD Progression. It took a few miles to get in a groove and by that time the run was about over. HR was very low 132 for 5 miles so I should be set up nicely for the next two back to back hard days (LT and MWLSD)

Affirmation:
I am experiencing consistent success as I manifest my dreams with gentleness and easy through the guidance of my higher power.

Results:
Monday's are all about recovering and I think I did that. (we will know more tomorrow). Today's affirmation and intention I thought would be about me and it was, at first. I thought about when I came back from my Injury in 2009 how I gradually increased my runs over an 18 week period. I did not jump into any resemblance of high mileage for quite sometimes. (below is an idea of my first 4 weeks back to give you an idea of the slow progression and the last 4 weeks showing how one can still get where they choose to be while taking smaller steps of success.

The other communication I received was about my wife. She recently bought insanity workout makes of P90x and she started it last week and my 6+ year old joins in for fun. Problem is my wife can't do it as it just is so freakin' hard. I looked at the videos and I can't do many of the routines they ask. Here is a case of NOT failure to succeed actually this is successful in trying. My wife needs to start with smaller easier routines that she can complete and succeed in each day, week, month and build up from there. You don't go run 26.2 miles on your first training run ever. You might 1-3 miles at max.

Upcoming:
Tomorrow is 7 miles 3 @ LT probably at 7:10 pace.

below was my 2009 comeback first 4 weeks last 4 weeks to show baby steps towards goal. Venture to say I had a great 5 mile run I PR'd that course and ran one of my fastest 5 mile at that time.

Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:08 am

Quality:
Loving: Today's intention is listening to my spirit with gratitude to know who I am.

Quotation:
"It is an unvicious cycle; when I am happy I am running well and when I am running well I am happy...it is the plantonic idea of knowing thyself. Running is getting to know yourself to an extreme degree."

Meditation:
5:45am - If I did one thing right today it was getting out and finishing before the sun. 78 degrees and 83% humidity for 8 miles with 3 @ LT (7:06 pace). WU for 2 and knew it would be a good day of running. I repeated today's affirmation with smoothness and confidence this brought me into a place of peace and knowing the 3 @ LT would go well. And it did My stride felt long and fluent My HR 166,174,178 was good considering the conditions. I was going to add a 4th mile @ LT but based on my HR I decided to stick to my schedule. I did add an extra mile recovery run to bump it up to 8 w/3 as a CD. When you feel this good it is the time to add some miles to the day.

Affirmation:
I am listening to the clear and loving voice of God as it speak through my heart

Results:
As I ran the LT portion I limited the affirmation to only few times as my heart was focused now on my pleasant stride and speed hitting my LT pace. I had some intention to go 4 miles @ LT despite the scheduled 3 and decided at the last moment to end it at 3 but because of how wonderful I was feeling I tacked on the extra mile of recovery listening to my body wanting more.

Comparison: Last year summer time 3 @ LT my HR was 174, 180, 183 pace 7:09 today it was 166,174,178 pace 7:06. This is a big improvement.

Upcoming:
Tomorrow is 12 @ LSD. Quality is Connection with Spirit

Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Randy E on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:14 am

Kenny, your training is very impressive and detailed. I loved your last long run.
Randy E
Poster
Poster

View user profile http://www.eggefinancial.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top