365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Over/Under on Dave's 5K this evening...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Over/Under on Dave's 5K this evening...

Post  Dave-O on Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:08 pm

@sir digby wrote:Wow, great job. Did you try the slushie?

Yes. Made Gatorade slushy. Did an abbreviated warmup that ended at 6:15, drank the slushy for 10 minutes, changed and went to the line.

I feel like I avoided a complete collapse. 1:00 of my PR in that heat is good enough for me.
avatar
Dave-O
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1736
Points : 4517
Join date : 2011-06-14
Age : 36
Location : Chicago

View user profile http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Over/Under on Dave's 5K this evening...

Post  Dave-O on Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:15 pm

@Mr MattM wrote:

Gotcha! No worries... I think it's great that you have those guys around to help push you... and you to push them (well, at least Derek... lol). Matt sounds like a beast. Is he a runner practicing law, or a lawyer who runs? Seems he's right on the edge...

Derek is always around for our group tempo runs, and can hammer it when he's fit. Hes a new daddy so doing lower mileage but lotsa quality.

Matt is a beast. He works for one of the biggest firms in the country so he's working plenty of hours. Definitely focused on the OTQ right now, though he can enjoy his beers too.

So...who else is still up drinking? Unfortunately I just have bud light.
avatar
Dave-O
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1736
Points : 4517
Join date : 2011-06-14
Age : 36
Location : Chicago

View user profile http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Over/Under on Dave's 5K this evening...

Post  Admin on Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:20 pm

@Dave-O wrote:

So...who else is still up drinking? Unfortunately I just have toilet water.

That's so wrong... so very, very wrong...



I'm off to Florida on Sat for 9 days... where the temps are 10+ degrees cooler than here!!! I'm rejoicing!!!


Admin
Admin

Posts : 889
Points : 3893
Join date : 2011-06-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Over/Under on Dave's 5K this evening...

Post  Dave-O on Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:23 pm

@Mr MattM wrote:
@Dave-O wrote:

So...who else is still up drinking? Unfortunately I just have toilet water.

That's so wrong... so very, very wrong...



I'm off to Florida on Sat for 9 days... where the temps are 10+ degrees cooler than here!!! I'm rejoicing!!!


Work night...

Cooler in Florida? It's a mad world.
avatar
Dave-O
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1736
Points : 4517
Join date : 2011-06-14
Age : 36
Location : Chicago

View user profile http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Over/Under on Dave's 5K this evening...

Post  Admin on Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:30 pm

Joking aside, serious congrats on posting a better time than last year in oppressive conditions with no race-specific training. This bodes well for a good showing in the fall... I'm going with an early line of 2:28:04 for you... and 2:54:40 for me. Who gets the most over/under bets?

Admin
Admin

Posts : 889
Points : 3893
Join date : 2011-06-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Over/Under on Dave's 5K this evening...

Post  Joel H on Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:08 am

Congrats Dave-O, impressive time considering the conditions! I take the under on both of you guys in the fall.
avatar
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Posts : 539
Points : 2946
Join date : 2011-06-27
Age : 39
Location : The Hottest Part of the Sun!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Over/Under on Dave's 5K this evening...

Post  T Miller on Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:23 am

Congrats Dave-o that is mighty impressive in this oppressive weather.
avatar
T Miller
Regular
Regular

Posts : 781
Points : 3561
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 52
Location : Bloomington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Over/Under on Dave's 5K this evening...

Post  Diego on Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:29 am

Nice race Dave-O. I hope the precooling helped. I'm sure the post cooling did.cheers
avatar
Diego
Regular
Regular

Posts : 599
Points : 3184
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 54
Location : Maine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Over/Under on Dave's 5K this evening...

Post  Jerry on Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:32 am

3rd lawyer of Chicago is not bad. First 2 got the honor to work for the mafia? lol!
avatar
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2708
Points : 1004247
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Where I'm Loved

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Over/Under on Dave's 5K this evening...

Post  Diego on Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:43 am

@Dave-O wrote:
@Mr MattM wrote:

Gotcha! No worries... I think it's great that you have those guys around to help push you... and you to push them (well, at least Derek... lol). Matt sounds like a beast. Is he a runner practicing law, or a lawyer who runs? Seems he's right on the edge...

Derek is always around for our group tempo runs, and can hammer it when he's fit. Hes a new daddy so doing lower mileage but lotsa quality.

Matt is a beast. He works for one of the biggest firms in the country so he's working plenty of hours. Definitely focused on the OTQ right now, though he can enjoy his beers too.

So...who else is still up drinking? Unfortunately I just have bud light.


Shoot, we were still up. Magic beer out of Vermont(looks red like Killian) and Smutty Nose IPA.
avatar
Diego
Regular
Regular

Posts : 599
Points : 3184
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 54
Location : Maine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Over/Under on Dave's 5K this evening...

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum