365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At long last: Hermosa Beach Marathon

+2
Schuey
Jack_Scaff
6 posters

Go down

At long last: Hermosa Beach Marathon Empty At long last: Hermosa Beach Marathon

Post  Jack_Scaff Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:03 pm

So thanks to Matt - it appears I am able to post links. Now with this link, I fear that may be rescinded given all my hype.

So if you are an un-PC humor kind of person like me, you'll get a kick out of Daniel Tosh and his bit on marathoning...Warning - not for the (super) easily offended.

Watch: Hermosa Beach Marathon
Jack_Scaff
Jack_Scaff
Poster
Poster

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Concord&st

Back to top Go down

At long last: Hermosa Beach Marathon Empty Re: At long last: Hermosa Beach Marathon

Post  Schuey Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:11 pm

Hermosa Beach, my dad use to live there. I don't know if it is still there but a good hole in the wall bar "The Poop Deck"!

That video is great Jack. I loved the guy in the wheel chair on the treadmill.

Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

At long last: Hermosa Beach Marathon Empty Re: At long last: Hermosa Beach Marathon

Post  Dave-O Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:18 pm

Tosh is so goddamn funny. I haven't seen an episode of his show where I wasn't laughing out loud. And this was no different.
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack_Scaff Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:39 pm

Schuey wrote:Hermosa Beach, my dad use to live there. I don't know if it is still there but a good hole in the wall bar "The Poop Deck"!

Ahhh the good old Poop Deck - it is actually that brown building in the background (assuming it is the same name). Hermosa was my old stomping grounds back in the day.

Dave-O wrote:Tosh is so goddamn funny. I haven't seen an episode of his show where I wasn't laughing out loud. And this was no different.

Best quote - "Running is what poor people do when they are trying to catch the bus".

I just saw a 2003 stand up bit of his and I damn near pissed my pants.

Did you see the Irish break dancers? Or the nip massage guy that came to the studio? In tears...
Jack_Scaff
Jack_Scaff
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:43 pm

lmfao @ the Boston comment.

And the winner was absolutely adorable.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:24 am

Jack_Scaff wrote:
Schuey wrote:Hermosa Beach, my dad use to live there. I don't know if it is still there but a good hole in the wall bar "The Poop Deck"!

Ahhh the good old Poop Deck - it is actually that brown building in the background (assuming it is the same name). Hermosa was my old stomping grounds back in the day.

Dave-O wrote:Tosh is so goddamn funny. I haven't seen an episode of his show where I wasn't laughing out loud. And this was no different.

Best quote - "Running is what poor people do when they are trying to catch the bus".

Did you see the Irish break dancers? Or the nip massage guy that came to the studio? In tears...

Jack, where'd you live? When I was at UCLA I lived in Brentwood(Gorham and Bundy aka OJ Nicole territory) and 2nd street/Strand Hermosa Beach for a year. While rollerblading, I met my wife there. Good times!! Open parties everywhere from Redondo to Manhattan Beach.
Diego
Diego
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack_Scaff Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:56 am

jimd wrote:
Jack_Scaff wrote:

Jack, where'd you live? When I was at UCLA I lived in Brentwood(Gorham and Bundy aka OJ Nicole territory) and 2nd street/Strand Hermosa Beach for a year. While rollerblading, I met my wife there. Good times!! Open parties everywhere from Redondo to Manhattan Beach.

Hey Doc:

I got my undergrad at Loyola Marymount and when I was done lived in El Segundo and Redondo. Hermosa Pier was a great place to hang (really changed after I moved though - they made the street a pedestrian mall right by the pier if you haven't been recently) , and Manhattan Pier obviously was just sort of nice!

I actually met my wife in Manhattan Beach, at Shellback Tavern of all places (we actually both went to LMU so I can say it was not a dive bar pick up). I used to work at Wells Fargo on Wilshire just outside of Westwood. Many a night spent at Tommy's in Westwood - I think it is gone now?

I hade to leave SoCal though - got tired of the LA scene - now in the Bay Area.
Jack_Scaff
Jack_Scaff
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:23 am

Jack_Scaff wrote:
jimd wrote:
Jack_Scaff wrote:

Hey Doc:

I got my undergrad at Loyola Marymount and when I was done lived in El Segundo and Redondo. Hermosa Pier was a great place to hang (really changed after I moved though - they made the street a pedestrian mall right by the pier if you haven't been recently) , and Manhattan Pier obviously was just sort of nice!

I actually met my wife in Manhattan Beach, at Shellback Tavern of all places (we actually both went to LMU so I can say it was not a dive bar pick up). I used to work at Wells Fargo on Wilshire just outside of Westwood. Many a night spent at Tommy's in Westwood - I think it is gone now?

I had to leave SoCal though - got tired of the LA scene - now in the Bay Area.

I'd never get tired of running/biking down San Vicente and running the steps into the wealthy canyon neighborhoods off 7th street-San Vicente in Santa Monica. I understand the LA marathon goes down that road now.

Cool about the Bay and Hermosa.

Ride your bike over the GGB from the SF side on over to Tiburon and have a beer(s)/chowder in a sourdough bread bowl on the water for me sometime. We took the ferry back across to avoid the BWI possibility. What a great day!!!

ACSM(sports medicine conference) is in SF next year.
Diego
Diego
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack_Scaff Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:36 am

Ride your bike over the GGB from the SF side on over to Tiburon and have a beer(s)/chowder in a sourdough bread bowl on the water for me sometime. We took the ferry back across to avoid the BWI possibility. What a great day!!!

ACSM(sports medicine conference) is in SF next year.

HA - I'm in my office looking over the Tiburon Ferry right now...I work across the street from Sam's Grill. Good deal on the ACSM conference...keep me posted. My pops is a fellow so I'll see if he will come up.
Jack_Scaff
Jack_Scaff
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:15 pm

Jack_Scaff wrote:So thanks to Matt - it appears I am able to post links. Now with this link, I fear that may be rescinded given all my hype.

So if you are an un-PC humor kind of person like me, you'll get a kick out of Daniel Tosh and his bit on marathoning...Warning - not for the (super) easily offended.

Watch: Hermosa Beach Marathon

I saw that episode...I thought it was hilarious!! Any type of publicity for the sport, even a sarcastic one, is good for the sport...

I like the stair master guy...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down