365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laugh at the Rules

+34
Jeff F
Nick Morris
Dave P
Glenn
JohnP
Paula Sue
Michael Enright
Joel H
Penelope
jon c
Jim Lentz
Michele "1L" Keane
Alex Kubacki
mul21
Julie
ChasMcG
Mrs. Schuey
Tom H
KathyK
John Kilpatrick
Michael Mitchell
Ken Mello
Seth Harrison
Tea from RonItch
Chris M
Natalie
dot520
Schuey
Kenny B.
Matt W
Pete B
charles
Jerry
Peg Coover
38 posters

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Go down

Laugh at the Rules - Page 6 Empty Re: Laugh at the Rules

Post  Peg Coover Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:05 am

Michele, Kenny, Julie, John: thanks for the support. John, it wasn't too hard to get back out there. I think in my case yesterday, it was necessary to bring my HR and body temp down and stop sweating!

Rest day today. The plan calls for cross training, but I haven't been doing much of that lately, although I was swimming earlier in the summer. This plan ramps me up faster and with more miles and I think two days of rest isn't a bad idea.

Of course, I am babysitting tonight and tomorrow, so I won't be "resting" much!

Good news on the weight: 137.8 today. Lowest in quite a while. I was down to 135 last September, but for some reason don't have any weight recorded in my log until this January so I must have done okay until the holidays! I was actually 135.4 after my long run, but I won't count that. Although....I had already drank a bunch of water and some gatorade before weighing! I don't know why I even do that, but it's kind of fun to see the low numbers. And as my husband says, even the temporary lows, if they keep getting lower, show progress!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:19 am

At least you did it. Now log it!
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:19 am

Peg great job in those conditions. You got time on feet which is a big thing with long runs. Recover well.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:33 am

Congrats on the wt loss! I love summer for all the good fruit we can get so easily, too. It just seems easier to eat better in the summer. Winter is so tempting to do lots of baking and then eat what you bake. Now I just bought an 11 lb box of cherries this week and 2 pineapples last week, blueberries...all good fruit at good prices right now.For me that really helps trying to lose wt.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:44 pm

Good for you on dropping some lbs.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:02 am

Busy weekend babysitting. Time to update!

Saturday I ran 4 miles pushing E in the stroller, with my dog and my daughter's dog on leashes! Quite the production! It was slow but I got the miles in. I could tell the next day I did something different--the outside of my hips were a little sore.

Sunday I woke up really early and got my 8 miles done. I had water every two miles. It was another sweat fest! Then I did my pushups and abs. I've been doing the pushups about 2-3 times a week, just forget to log them. The workout was 20, 20, 23, 23, 20, 20, 18, 18, 40 (supposed to get 53).

40 miles for the week!!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:54 pm

The dogs used to distract me enough so that the run seemed to go by quickly. I should run with them some more.

Totally unrelated to anything... I think your twitter account was hacked. I'm pretty sure you're not trying to convince me that I can make $8000/month doing nothing from my home...
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:44 pm

Natalie Wolf wrote:The dogs used to distract me enough so that the run seemed to go by quickly. I should run with them some more.

Totally unrelated to anything... I think your twitter account was hacked. I'm pretty sure you're not trying to convince me that I can make $8000/month doing nothing from my home...

Yeah, I know. I haven't been on twitter for a few weeks, received an email about a DM from someone I follow, and then suddenly I'm sending out spam. Sucks. Sorry.
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:47 pm

Despite the twitter stuff (and I don't tweet - too old school), the runs look good. Wonder if the neighbors thought you were crazy with the stroller and the dogs? Bet it was fun though.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:00 am

Great weekend of running Peg along with the pushups and ab work. If you ever want to spice up the pushups every few reps hold the bottom position for 2sec then lift back up.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  jon c Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:51 am

Good job on keeping with it despite the heat and humidity! Sounds like it will be with us for the next couple weeks at least. Also impressed with your dedication to the pushups and abs. And to push the grandkids must be a great feeling! Keep up the good work!
jon c
jon c
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:30 am

Peg Coover wrote:
Natalie Wolf wrote:The dogs used to distract me enough so that the run seemed to go by quickly. I should run with them some more.

Yeah, I know. I haven't been on twitter for a few weeks, received an email about a DM from someone I follow, and then suddenly I'm sending out spam. Sucks. Sorry.

I want in. I love to work at nothing all day.

If you ever get annoyed

Look at me I'm self-employed

I love to work at nothing all day

One of my favorite songs by BTO - now if I am working for the man this song sucks.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:11 pm

8 miles today. I didn't get out until 7:15, but there was a cross breeze that really helped. Almost exactly the same time as Sunday but I felt so much better today when I got done! I did the same pushup workout but got to 45 on last set.

17 tomorrow! I must get up early!

Last edited by Peg Coover on Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:19 pm

It must be cooler there than it is here. Great 8!
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:22 pm

Natalie Wolf wrote:It must be cooler there than it is here. Great 8!

When I went out it was 74 with a dew point of 66. It was 82 when I got done. Currently it is 95 with a heat index of 102. For your sake I hope it isn't cooler here! It's been like this since last Wednesday, but today didnt' seem as humid with the breeze.
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:13 pm

the breeze helps but it's a warm breeze. And I don't understand lifting the heat advisory but still the 10 day forecast looks miserable unless the humidity is going away. That would be great. It's just making us tougher, right?

Have a good 17 miler! drink your water! Very Happy
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:14 pm

Wow, this long run was so much better than last week! I didn't even check the weather before I left-- but it must have been better!

I got up at 4:40 and was on the road by 5:30. I did 4 in town while it was still dark, then stopped at home for a drink. Then I went out for 9 more, by the golf course where I could get water. I did a gel after mile 9. At 13 I stopped at home again for a drink and gatorade, and got my dog for 3 miles, dumped him off and finished the last mile in town in the shade.

Total time was 3:06, actually a minute faster than last week's 16. I didn't walk hardly at all, but I did stop a couple times at home and for the gel. All in all it was a good run. Glad to have it done.

The rest of this week I will have to do my runs in the Minneapolis area--heading there tomorrow. My sister lives in Shorewood on Christmas Lake. It should be fun!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:15 am

Great job! There seems to be a lot of 4AM runs going on around here. Glad you got out there and did what you had to! Have fun running around Christmas Lake. That just sounds fun!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:09 am

Nice long run! I agree it felt better out there yesterday. maybe we survived the worst of the summer and now we can just enjoy the rest (haha).
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Joel H Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:33 am

You ran 16 in this heat? Impressive!

I bet you enjoyed babysitting despite not getting much rest.
Joel H
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:58 am

Joel H wrote:You ran 16 in this heat? Impressive!

Correction Joel bounce - She ran 17 in this heat quite amazing I would say! What a great job!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Joel H Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:00 pm

Kenny B. wrote:
Joel H wrote:You ran 16 in this heat? Impressive!

Correction Joel bounce - She ran 17 in this heat quite amazing I would say! What a great job!

Yeah apparently my math was wrong...it was hard to follow the breakdown! 16-17 is amazing in this heat. I won't go above 13 right now or I feel it for days.
Joel H
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:37 am

Hey 365Runners! I'm still here, although I was unplugged for several days.

Running recap:

I finished last week's miles in Minnesota, in a very hilly neighborhood. My calves felt the hills!
Friday: 4 miles
Saturday: 8 miles (it rained on me and I had to wait out the lightning in a picnic shelter--glad I was close!)
Sunday 4 miles

Weekly total 41 miles.

Monday: rest day, drove the 550 mile trip back.
Tuesday: 7 miles. According to the schedule it was supposed to be a rest day, with a half marathon the next day. And according to an older version of the schedule, it was supposed to be 9 pace with 12 the next day.....I only had time for 7 and I did it at pace.
Wednesday: 12 miles. Very slow--it was another super humid day, and my shorts were so wet I ended up chafing. The glide must have worn off! I was so glad to be done with it so glad that was all I had to do!

I've been so tired all week--the trip to my sister's was awesome, but we stayed up late every night. I'm afraid to get on the scale tomorrow, after all the drinking and eating and I also got all puffy on both drives because I ate sunflower seeds to stay awake! The salt really caused me to retain water. I'm feeling more normal now, but I'm worried I gained.

I'm also kind of crabby because my summer vaca is coming to an end in 2 weeks. The garden is just starting to produce and I won't have the time to do the canning that I would like. I really wish we started after Labor Day and ended the first week of June like many schools do. August is still summer! Agh.
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:56 am

No kidding about summer ending/ school starting early.

What do you have in your garden? We just have 3 tomato plants but if we have enough at once I might try to make salsa for the first time. My husband uses one jar a week making his lunches and it would be great to make something we use since we're so careful with our food budget. Very Happy
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:39 pm

We have a ton of cucumbers for Peg's Pickles. A variety of peppers for salsa. And tons of tomatoes. We make salsa and tomato juice, pickles, and these awesome garlic/oregano/vinegar/salt peppers for sandwiches, cheese and crackers, etc.

I'm doing a few jars of pickles today. Each jar has a clove of garlic, a little onion chunk, dill, and a cayenne pepper for a little kick!

I golfed 9 holes with my brother today. He likes to coach, so since the course wasn't busy, if I screwed up a shot he would throw some balls out and work with me on my swing. So I probably hit enough for 18! We walked and while he has a pull cart I carried my clubs! The sun came out and I had forgotten suncreen! Oops. Good thing I'm pretty tan for a redhead.
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next