365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laugh at the Rules

+34
Jeff F
Nick Morris
Dave P
Glenn
JohnP
Paula Sue
Michael Enright
Joel H
Penelope
jon c
Jim Lentz
Michele "1L" Keane
Alex Kubacki
mul21
Julie
ChasMcG
Mrs. Schuey
Tom H
KathyK
John Kilpatrick
Michael Mitchell
Ken Mello
Seth Harrison
Tea from RonItch
Chris M
Natalie
dot520
Schuey
Kenny B.
Matt W
Pete B
charles
Jerry
Peg Coover
38 posters

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

Laugh at the Rules - Page 3 Empty Re: Laugh at the Rules

Post  Matt W Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:41 am

I'm sorry to hear about Newton. I know how special dogs can be, and even more so when they were your running partner as well.
Matt W
Matt W
Poster
Poster

http://www.redrockrunningcompany.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:24 pm

Thanks everyone for you kind thoughts.

Kramer, our other dog, seems a little confused...I'm sure he will get used to being an only dog. I didn't take him running today because I had to go to a meeting at school and then just ran the bike trail in town. Tomorrow is a long run but I will take him for part of it.

Today was a 6 mile pace run. It was windy, but the trail helped a little. My splits varied quite a bit and I ended up under pace at 10:16. Pace should've been 10:19. Close enough! I felt incredible the whole time though, so it was good.

13 tomorrow.
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:00 pm

very close! Have a great 13 miler, do you have the summer off?
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:10 pm

Julie wrote:very close! Have a great 13 miler, do you have the summer off?

Yes, I do have the summer off!

I forgot to mention my pushups: 18, 18, 20, 20, 17, 17, 20, 41 (supposed to get 45 in last set) close! I think swimming is helping my pushups!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:31 pm

I played the weather game smart this week and hit a beautiful day for my long run. The wind was between 5-15, so it wasn't bad and I ran mostly with it at my side. I did struggle the last couple miles....probably a function of the pace run yesterday. I ate some cereal and had some gatorade at miles 4 and 8, but didn't do a gel. I think next week I will make sure to have a gel. I carried one today but didn't feel like I needed it. But since I ended feeling totally ready to be done, maybe I did need it.

5K on Saturday. I wanted to swim tomorrow, but now I think I should rest. I guess I will see how I feel in the morning.
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:42 pm

Good luck on the 5k. Sounds like you need a day off!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:59 pm

Kenny B. wrote:Good luck on the 5k. Sounds like you need a day off!
+1. Go to your race rested and ready to rock!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:40 am

Well Kenny and John, I did go to the Y and swam 1000 m. I took it easy (as always) and tried to focus on form and kicking. I had plenty of time and could have done the mile again, but I thought better of it and just got in an easy workout.

I have to mow today, so that's more cross-training!

The 5K is a small, local race here in my town. We can't cross the highway so we have to do two loops of the course. Jim is going to volunteer again riding the lead bike. I don't think I can get the PR due to the many turns, but I'm hoping to get around 26:xx. My last two 5 K's were just under 28, and I ran just under 26 in March.
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:10 am

Peg Coover wrote:Well Kenny and John, I did go to the Y and swam 1000 m. I took it easy (as always) and tried to focus on form and kicking. I had plenty of time and could have done the mile again, but I thought better of it and just got in an easy workout.

The 5K is a small, local race here in my town. We can't cross the highway so we have to do two loops of the course. Jim is going to volunteer again riding the lead bike. I don't think I can get the PR due to the many turns, but I'm hoping to get around 26:xx. My last two 5 K's were just under 28, and I ran just under 26 in March.

Good luck! Just follow behind Jim and you'll get that PR! Wink
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:15 am

ChasMcG wrote:
Peg Coover wrote:Well Kenny and John, I did go to the Y and swam 1000 m. I took it easy (as always) and tried to focus on form and kicking. I had plenty of time and could have done the mile again, but I thought better of it and just got in an easy workout.

Good luck! Just follow behind Jim and you'll get that PR! Wink

Great idea! Ha!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:58 am

I don't enjoy the 5k races with many turns thrown my ass of track! But do you your best and do us proud! Good luck!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:51 pm

Those are incredible workouts you have. Best of luck in the 5K.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:01 am

have a great 5k!!! cheers
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt W Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:08 am

I hope your race went well.
Matt W
Matt W
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:10 pm

I can't wait to hear about the 5K!! I know our wicked strong push-up girl did awesome! bounce bounce
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:00 pm

It was a good 5K. Not close to my PR but pretty close to the best I've done this year.

I'm wondering if marathon-training is not a good match for 5K PR quests! Maybe one day I will figure it out!

Anyway, I will copy this into the race thread as well.

We had thunderstorms overnight, and at one point I woke up recalling a running dream. I dreamed that I had plenty of time before the start and I had to use the restroom so I decided to go home to do that (about 6 blocks away). When I was a block away, I realized I read my watch wrong and I missed the start. So I went back to the start and ran the course but couldn't figure out where to go because everyone was gone! A lot of drama for a local 5K with about 50 people in it!!

So I warmed up by jogged around a bit with my dog, took him back home, then went to the start. People were still signing up so I went back out for my strides. I saw Jim, riding the lead bike, sitting near the start but no runners were out of the building yet (raining) so I went around the block. When I got back to the start, all (50) of the runners were standing at the start and they were waiting for me! EEK.. Talk about making your dream come true.... They still had to wait while I double tied my shoes! Good thing my husband told them I was coming!

It started with a 2 block decline, then most of it was flat with a tiny little incline here and there. The rain stopped but the wind picked up--not bad because of all the turns we had. I ran just over 8 mpm on my Garmin and hung tight to a guy I know that runs a little faster than me. Mile one was 8:23. Not the 8:00 I really need to get to someday....I was holding on to the pace when my friend Gary passed me around the 1.3 mark--he buried me and I kind of let up a little at that point...The other guy got away from me too.

Mile two was 8:20 on the garmin, and then mile three I just kind of died. I tried my best to keep it under 9:00, which I did and it was 8:51. My finish time was 26:06....not too shabby but still a good 50 seconds from where I need to be for a PR.

While I wasn't happy with slowing so much my 3rd mile, I was very happy with trying to run harder the first mile.

And, I got first in my age group! Second place was a 29:xx and 3rd was a walker, so you can see the competition I had! Gary's wife wimped out and stayed in bed due to the rain--she would've had that third medal for sure, if not the second, so she lost out. I'm a little more mental tough than someone, anyway!!

Thanks for reading
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:06 pm

You must be a pretty important person (or really well liked Smile) in your community Peg for them to wait for you to be ready to race!
It looks like you ran a good race today, even if wasn't a PR worthy race. Good job!
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:25 pm

Great job! Congrats on the age group win!!! T-storms were bad here, I skipped my run entirely.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt W Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:35 pm

Congrats on the AG win Peg! 5Ks are so much different from the marathon. I think I get more nervous thinking about a random 5K than I do a goal marathon. It takes getting used to running at that pace. It seemed like you had a really good effort and I'm sure that you'll do even better next time!
Matt W
Matt W
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:21 pm

That has got to be one of the best race reports I have read in a long time! First you dream you are late. Then you're out warming up only to find everyone waiting for you! And then you take 1st! I bet some of those ladies were like......we should have started! Hahhahaha Great race girl!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:13 pm

WOOHOO Peg! Way to go! You are definitely a stud in my book! Very Happy Very Happy

Oh, I told Martin about your pickles....now he wants some. Hahaha! Are you still canning them?
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:44 am

Mrs. Schuey wrote:WOOHOO Peg! Way to go! You are definitely a stud in my book! Very Happy Very Happy

Oh, I told Martin about your pickles....now he wants some. Hahaha! Are you still canning them?

Thanks everyone!

Lisa, yes we still make pickles! Canning hasn't started for this year yet, though!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:10 pm

Easy 4 miles today with Kramer. He loved running through the puddles in the ditch! He was going crazy!

Then I did pushups. Day one of week 6. Week 6 is F-ing hard!!! 40, 50 (barely), 25, 25, 40 ( supposed to get 50)

Cooked grilled steak fajitas tonight for friends then watched season premiere of True Blood. LOVE Eric! I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

Going to Denver tomorrow. Micki and E and I are going to see Great Aunt Cheryl (my sis) and Great Grams (my mom). Quick trip, but hope to eat out, shop, and hit the huge liquor store for some wine bargains!!!

I'm taking my macbook pro so I should be able to keep up: wouldn't want to miss anything at 365!!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:46 pm

Peg first congrats on your 5k race, 2nd you push-up workout is insane and 3rd Lisa tells me you make some darn good pickles?

Also have a safe trip to Denver. Where are you located in Neb.? North Platte?
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom H Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:54 pm

Peg, sounds like the run throught the puddles was the high point! I'm super impressed by your continuing work with the push up program. Seems pretty aggressive but you seem to have it under control. Way to go!
Tom H
Tom H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next