365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Laugh at the Rules

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Laugh at the Rules

Post  ChasMcG on Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:08 am

I love Eric too. I wish he showed up in my bedroom while I was dressing hahaha

Have a good time! How many days will you be here? Quick beer?
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover on Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:16 pm

@Schuey wrote:Peg first congrats on your 5k race, 2nd you push-up workout is insane and 3rd Lisa tells me you make some darn good pickles?

Also have a safe trip to Denver. Where are you located in Neb.? North Platte?

The pickles are the best! We put a cayenne pepper in each jar for some spice! I live just outside of Grand Island, which is about 140 miles east of North Platte and 90 miles west of Lincoln. It's a 6 hour drive to Denver down I-80 and I-76.

@Tom H wrote:Peg, sounds like the run throught the puddles was the high point! I'm super impressed by your continuing work with the push up program. Seems pretty aggressive but you seem to have it under control. Way to go!

The onehundredpushups program really does build you up to be able to increase the numbers! This is the second time I've done it--the first time it took me 6 months to do 6 weeks ( Question ) because if I couldn't do a workout all the way through I would repeat. But week 6 was so hard and I never got through it, nor did I try a max to see how many I could do at that time. The most I did in a max was 63. I decided to start over and see how it went going through a second time. Weeks one-four were a breeze. Week five I stayed on for quite a while and then moved on to week 6 now. We shall see! I haven't done a max, even though the plan has you do it when you finish a week.

@ChasMcG wrote:I love Eric too. I wish he showed up in my bedroom while I was dressing hahaha

Have a good time! How many days will you be here? Quick beer?

Me too on Eric! My favorite part of the show was when Sookie came back through the portal and both Eric and Bill's eye's pop open! I hope we can do a quick beer. We are only here until Wednesday--but we are leaving later so E can sleep. I left my house this morning at 5:20!

As soon as we got to Denver, about 11:00 MDT, I put on my stuff and did my 3 mile run. Rest day tomorrow, then 7 on Wednesday. I really wish I could find a flat place to run. The hills today killed--I could totally feel my quads burning!
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

View user profile http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie on Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:33 pm

Peg, I'm so sorry about Newton. It sucks to lose your pet. Crying or Very sad

How'd you like the beginning part of True Blood when Sookie was with the Fairies?
Natalie
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover on Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:08 pm

That was kind of funny with the fairies--and the light fruit!

Yesterday we did some sight seeing in Colorado--we took my daughter to see Red Rocks because she had never been. We walked down the steps of the amphitheater and then back up. That was probably a mistake because today's run I could feel my legs!

I was supposed to do 7 but I was back to my car by 6.75 and called it good, with the hills and elevation here. I have to do 14 tomorrow. Driving home tonight late....

I got to have a great conversation and good beer with Tim and Chas! It's always great to see them!
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:10 pm

14 miles in the books today. High of 102! It was 75-80 when I got out there.

Not too bad for a long run on the hottest day of summer so far. I got out at 6:45 but it was sunny and I didn't have shade. Miles 11 and 12 were tough with a little bit of a head wind and I walked some but miles 13 and 14 were my fastest of the whole run. Average pace was 11:11, which is right on for a LSD.

Then, I stretched, and then ran cold hose water on my legs, then went to the gas station to buy chocolate milk. then turned on the Casey Anthony trial and took a nap, then woke up and finished watching the trial, then took another nap! I stayed inside all day, and really did nothing! So all the calories I burned running...probably made up for my lazy day afterwards!

Day off again tomorrow--want to swim but my right calf is really sore--I think walking around colorado, red rocks, etc. pushing either a wheel chair or a stroller, wearing my sandals, was extra taxing on my legs! I planned to do a 10K on Saturday, but it's a pretty hilly course, and then on Sunday I'm running the run part of a duathlon and it's very hilly there. After the Denver hilly runs, I'm not sure it is wise to do the 10K. I'm committed to the duathlon as part of a team. I will see how the calf feels tomorrow night and decide. It's also an hour away, and we will be gone Sunday and Monday for the duathlon and a bike ride (hubby) so it would also be nice to just stay home.

Rambling......
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. on Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:44 pm

14 in those temps dam that's impressive.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:10 pm

Yeah... it can be brutal even at 6:45 AM when there is no shade. Great job on the 14 today. I haven't watched even a full five minutes of the Casey Anthony trial, although I did see 3.5 minutes of it today when I was warming up at the gym. I had to watch the closed captioning though, because they keep the sound off there.
Natalie
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover on Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:52 am

@Kenny B. wrote:14 in those temps dam that's impressive.

Thanks Kenny, although I wasn't running when it was 102, it was in the 80's and humid, so it was tough. I had LOTS of water available!!

Natalie Wolf wrote:Yeah... it can be brutal even at 6:45 AM when there is no shade. Great job on the 14 today. I haven't watched even a full five minutes of the Casey Anthony trial, although I did see 3.5 minutes of it today when I was warming up at the gym. I had to watch the closed captioning though, because they keep the sound off there.

I wasn't watching the trial until the Denver trip, and my mom and sister had it on the whole time. I got sucked in....but it was a good day to stay inside!
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:43 pm

Awesome job, especially killing it the last couple of miles.
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover on Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:40 pm

Thanks Alex!

Today's rest day did me good (well?). My calf is much better--not sore really at all. So guess what that means? Yep, going to go and do the 10K in the morning. I was looking at my recent times for this race. 2008 57:45 and 2010 59:57. In 2008 I started slower and had negative splits. Last year I started faster and faded....Both days the weather was hot and humid. I want to do well, I want to beat 57 minutes, and I want to have enough left on my legs to do well on Sunday. Sunday is the duathlon, where I am running 2 miles, then my teammate bikes 12 miles, and I run 2 more miles. Last year I ran 17:56 then 18:20, and it was also the day after the 10K.
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:43 pm

Hope today's run went well and that you have a good one tomorrow!!
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover on Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:40 pm

@Michele "1L" Keane wrote:Hope today's run went well and that you have a good one tomorrow!!

Thanks "1L"!! Not the time I wanted: 58:49. I did have negative splits though! I think marathon training is interfering with my racing!! No age group either! I don't know where these other two ladies were, but I never saw them (color coded tags). I was sure I had 2nd in the bag! Oh well! Splits were (from memory) 9:30, 9:57, 9:20, 9:02, 9:00, 11:xx for the last 1.2.
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie on Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:45 pm

I didn't realize you were racing today. Great job and fantastic memory! Really! I could never remember splits, but you're a math teacher.
Natalie
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG on Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:08 pm

@Peg Coover wrote:
@Michele "1L" Keane wrote:Hope today's run went well and that you have a good one tomorrow!!

Thanks "1L"!! Not the time I wanted: 58:49. I did have negative splits though! I think marathon training is interfering with my racing!! No age group either! I don't know where these other two ladies were, but I never saw them (color coded tags). I was sure I had 2nd in the bag! Oh well! Splits were (from memory) 9:30, 9:57, 9:20, 9:02, 9:00, 11:xx for the last 1.2.

Nice running!! Love those negative splits!
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie on Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:17 pm

nice job on the 10K! I hope the duathlon went well today!
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Mello on Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:25 am

@Peg Coover wrote:

What happened in that second mile? Hills? Otherwise, your numbers look good.

And I agree - marathon training and running fast do not always co-exist successfully!
Ken Mello
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover on Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:47 am

@Ken Mello wrote:
@Peg Coover wrote:

What happened in that second mile? Hills? Otherwise, your numbers look good.

And I agree - marathon training and running fast do not always co-exist successfully!

Yes, Ken. A big hill in mile 2 (actually also in mile 3, and the first half you are climbing even when it doesn't seem like a hill, so the second half should be faster!) and also a water stop, which I slowed to drink because they had plastic cups, not paper cups--you couldn't pinch them.

The Duathlon was good. I ran the first 2 mile leg in 17:16 (Wow!). You go out flat for the first half mile or so, then go down a big long hill on a path--you are screaming down the hill. then there is a short uphill and the turn around. Then you go back up that same hill. Wow, what a long hill! I didn't hit the lap button on the Garmin because I didn't want to see 11 or 12's going up! I tried to memorize how long the hill was so that on the second time around I could talk myself out of walking by knowing when the hill finally ends! The second time around I ran 18:01. I know I didn't run up the hill as well, but I didn't walk and once out of it I really tried to pick up the pace. My teammate had a great bike leg!

I ran an easy 3 on Monday and my legs are tired. Tuesday was a day off, spent glued to the tv on the Casey Anthony verdict and all the commentary...sick. Good day to be inside!
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie on Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:41 am

I'm glad I didn't watch any of the trial. You tend to lose perspective when you get involved with a trial on tv. You aren't actually privy to all of the jury's information, or to their deliberations. When the penalty is death, then the prosecution better be damn sure that not a single piece of evidence is subject to reasonable doubt or they better have a backup plan. In this case, apparently, they did not have one, or were too arrogant to offer one. A defense attorney's job in a death case is to keep his client off death row. I'm fairly certain a deal could have been struck had one been offered.
Natalie
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover on Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:58 pm

7 mile pace run today. I didn't get out until 8:30 and it was humid!! Started slower, around 10:40. Had a couple around 10:22, then a slower one, and finished with 10:10's. Overall pace was 10:19, exactly my desired MP! But I was breathing pretty hard after those last couple miles, which were into the very light wind we had! Humidity was 82% when I started.

Tomorrow is a 10 mile LSD a step back. I hope I can handle it!

Another 10K on Saturday...
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover on Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:06 am

10 miles today. Overcast the whole time, which was good because it was 93% humidity when I left with 68 degrees and 85% with 74 degrees when I got home. My clothes were soaked and i didn't dump any water on me! I just wore a jogging bra and shorts. Good thing because just those two items weighed 1.4 pounds when I was done!

Total time was 1:50, ave pace 10:59. I walked a good 3 minutes around 7.5 miles and decided to take a gu then. Probably needed the electrolytes. I ran the whole last 2.5 without any walking. Had water after 2.5, 5, and 7.5.
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie on Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:42 am

Some great running, Peg! Especially in this humidity. I know I romanticize summer running in the winter when I can't get out on the ice and snow but really it's pretty tough at times!
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki on Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:58 am

Peg great job with the running in these conditions.

Sorry if this has been discussed but you being from Nebraska are you a Cornhusker fan? If so what is the attitude out there about joining the Big Ten?
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover on Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:34 pm

@Alex Kubacki wrote:Peg great job with the running in these conditions.

Sorry if this has been discussed but you being from Nebraska are you a Cornhusker fan? If so what is the attitude out there about joining the Big Ten?

Actually the attitude is excitement Alex! I just like to watch good Husker football teams so I don't care who we play, but there may be some who will miss some rivalries. But all in all most people are ready for it!
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick on Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:24 pm

I will sort of miss the (recent - definitely not the old days where Nebraska always killed Mizzou) rivalry with Missouri! Good long run out there under some nasty humidity. That is hard to walk and then pick up and run a good chunk again.

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG on Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:53 am

@Peg Coover wrote:10 miles today. Overcast the whole time, which was good because it was 93% humidity when I left with 68 degrees and 85% with 74 degrees when I got home. My clothes were soaked and i didn't dump any water on me! I just wore a jogging bra and shorts. Good thing because just those two items weighed 1.4 pounds when I was done!

Total time was 1:50, ave pace 10:59. I walked a good 3 minutes around 7.5 miles and decided to take a gu then. Probably needed the electrolytes. I ran the whole last 2.5 without any walking. Had water after 2.5, 5, and 7.5.

Ugh that's humid. Nice run though! I hate the feeling of those wet clothes when you get home. bleh! Smart by only running in the sports bra! I only do that in my basement! hahaha
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top